Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
I know I could live forever on Smucker's All Natural Chunky.
I can't have it in the house.
Oh yeah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I really like PB, but it can sit in the pantry undisturbed for months sometimes lol.

My Kale was not as good as I'd hoped. I didn't cut the stems out...I cut the long stems but left the middle stems with the leaves. Next time I'll just cook the leaves. LCG, I did use chicken broth, but added a dash of vinegar at the end of cooking.
I love greens of all sorts, and your cooking method sounds perfect for chard. Have you had it? Do you like it? It is super pretty. I cut the stems off first, slice them lengthwise, and cook them for a few minutes before adding the leaves. (I don't think that would work with kale, though.) I find it mild and delicious. Also, collards (as with kale, just discard those stems unless you happen to find baby).

Last edited by EmmaLiza; 05-23-2014 at 08:18 AM..
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2014, 08:41 AM   #332
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
The stems were not that bad, but I think I would have preferred it without. I grew up on collard greens, of course (southern), and we grew them in our garden as well. I also love turnip greens and bottoms. I don't think I've eaten chard, but possibly in a salad. That might be my next experiment.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:23 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Sirtain - I am so sorry about you not getting Snickers. How disappointing
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #334
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sorry to hear about Snickers, Sirtain. I know you had your heart set on him (her?). There will be another pup just perfect for you and your family. You'll know when it's right.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:52 AM   #335
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Cindy, Keira and I actually like raw kale, but we're weird.

Sirtain, so sorry about Snickers. I agree that pets find us when it's a perfect match, so yours will find you soon.

I'm having a really hungry day today. Not really sure what's going on, but I'm ready to eat the roof off my office. DH is whisking me away at lunch time to a kind of ritzy deli/pub. I'm so ready to get out of here for a bit. 2 more hours. I can do it!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Cindy, Keira and I actually like raw kale, but we're weird.

Sirtain, so sorry about Snickers. I agree that pets find us when it's a perfect match, so yours will find you soon.

I'm having a really hungry day today. Not really sure what's going on, but I'm ready to eat the roof off my office. DH is whisking me away at lunch time to a kind of ritzy deli/pub. I'm so ready to get out of here for a bit. 2 more hours. I can do it!
Why yes, yes, you can!!! Have fun!! I hate hungry days like that...but I find there's usually a reason for them now. (and the scale isn't too bad after one, either!)

Just a quick pop in again. I may never catch up over here. {sigh}
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Today is not going so bad! I stayed busy and didn't cook for any one. Time for me to start dinner..Drinking a mug of hot lemon water before I attempt.
Staying busy and not cooking definitely makes DD's do-a-ble for me. Its only now that I am home and faced with cooking, that I start getting famished. Weird?

And as for peanut butter - love, love, love peanut butter. almond butter. sunflower butter...

Dawn - do you still do fast days ever, or count calories, or..?? Basically, how do you maintain?
Old 05-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #338

Pof7, I'm currently trying to transition to Hunger Directed Eating/Intuitive Eating, but I haven't been able to stop counting calories or weighing every day . . . yet. I've been maintaining for over a year now and I'm playing with different ways of maintenance, but JUDDD is my home, so I stick around. I still consider myself a JUDDDer, even though I'm not currently fasting. I did EOD for over 2 years. Everybody here humors me by letting me stick around.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:59 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
I did go back. I decided to work with her.
I think there is something going on in her life as she seemed very stressed and short tempered. PJ's next appointment is June 26. I will keep that one before deciding what to do. PJ looks kinda funny w/ way too short ears for a Shih Tzu.
I just figured people are more important than hair.
Today I am headed for #3 son's family campsite about an hour south of here for a whole day w/ my grandkids!!
It will be fun!
More tomorrow!
Every1 have a great day.
P
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:59 AM   #340
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi Everyone!!!!
I'm officially on vacation (but I'm still a bit apprehensive about the 3 nights in Florida.)

Sirtain- I agree with Dawn, the right pet always finds us.

I had some terrible pain yesterday, but DW and I had dinner plans with a friend. I'm glad we went and I actually slept pretty well last night for the first time in a week and a half.

I'm going to try to catch up on other threads here in judddville
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:02 AM   #341
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joymomto3boys
Stats: 199/185.5/130 5'2" 47 yo
WOE: LC - trying JUDDD
Start Date: May 2014
Seabreezes - Glad your X-Rays were all clear.

Pat - Good for you for taking your dog back and giving your groomer a chance to fix the situation. Hopefully the next appointment will be better.

Sirtain - Sorry you didn't get Snickers.

I have never tried Kale but see a lot of recipes for Kale Chips.

It looks like it is going to be a beautiful weekend weather wise so hoping to get the old stain off our deck this weekend.
joymomto3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Baby greens of any kind are really good for salad. At the farmer's market we get Asian greens as well. I don't even know what some are called, but they are usually good raw and you can just ask the sellers which are good for salad. Another yummy thing to make salad with is the spiral sliced green papaya. Just grab a bag at the FM or Asian market. Look up the dressing online before you go, so you can purchase anything you don't already have. I spent six months on a raw diet and had some of the most amazing food.

Last edited by EmmaLiza; 05-24-2014 at 08:28 AM..
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #343
Big Yapper!!!!

I stumbled across a blog when I was looking up some recipes for Kale. It was a raw food blog, and someone said they had Kale every day in their smoothies and had developed hypothyroidism as a result. I couldn't get my head around that lol. Why did you stop the raw food diet Emma?
Old 05-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #344

Cindy, there are many "goitrogenic" foods which are bad for the thyroid if eaten raw. Broccoli, cauliflower, many of the leafy greens, soy, etc. However, they are fine if even lightly steamed before consumption, and my personal feeling is that they will not cause hypothyroidism in a person with a healthy thyroid, but could exacerbate symptoms in someone who already has a predisposition to thyroid disease. That's just my opinion and I have nothing to back it up.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...I know I said the first of the month that I'd be checking in more frequently as it was time for me to lose the next poundage, but it's been a crazy month of calendar filling up with stuff and fighting pneumonia so it just didn't happen. Sorry, haven't even been lurking, but I will be back with a vengeance as it really is time to lose and it's so much easier with the help of the JUDDD buddds here. Thanks for all your help; sure helps to keep on the woe.

I did make a huge change this week to get back into the food-watching mode as I started the '72 Atkins phase one Sunday and have dropped a total of nine pounds this month. I was thinking originally of going two weeks on this plan before jumping back to ADD but I'm missing "real" food. Proteins are nice but this woe is just not sustainable for a foodie like me. Plus, it's the Summer and there's all the lovely fruits and veggies out there that I'm really missing.

Love the discussions on the greens but wondering if anyone else does as I do....I give the stems of the hard greens like kale and collards to my dogs. They love them as a treat. Of course, it's only a couple of stems each so that it remains a treat. The nice thing about chard is that the stems cook and are very tasty...and rainbow chard is so pretty. I also love the Asian greens, particularly shisu but it's so hard to find...hmmm, wonder if it's possible to grow it. Shisu makes a wonderful warp for meats and is so tasty.

Anyway, just had to check in and let you know I'll be back....

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11

So nice to see you back. Sorry you were ill. Hope all is well now, Mary.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

I just love any greens. I am a greens girl. They aren't how I got fat though lol
Joined FP. That is sooo what I need. It doesn't take longer than 2 minutes to log in your food, and is so helpful!

For my goal weight at 2 pounds a week it says 1800 calories a day is needed? Yesterday, my "Down Day" I ate 900 (I think) which is still WLM. I felt great!

Can I stay in the JUDDD group if I don't *always* do the 500 calorie limit on my down days? I was thinking 800-900 felt really good, I was able to keep up with the kids etc.
It still puts me in WLM?

IE: If most up days I stay in the 2k range and on down days I stay in the 800-900 range with a weekly 500 down day- will that work and still be ok calorie cycling? or will it make my metabolism lurch?

Just trying to play with some things here. Ultimately my goal is to lose the weight and develop a lifestyle I can live with and enjoy. I suppose that involves tweaking?
Yes, I was a middle child. lol jk
NSG#1: Log 40 hours of Callanetics by my bday
NSG#2: Fit into my wedding dress
NSG#3: Fit into my size 18 denim skirt
Be firmly in twoterville within 2 weeks.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #348

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
First internet connection for a week.

The Galápagos Islands were amazing. What a privilege. We fly home tomorrow after a night here in Guayaquil.

I know I will be heavier than I like but I also know I can rely on JUDDD to get me back to my chosen weight. It has been worth it to enjoy so many interesting dishes and I did quite a lot of swimming and snorkelling, though not much walking... and that at a turtle's pace.

Sorry not to comment on everything. But health wise I wanted to commiserate with Carly and Cici, and say how pleased I am to see Grammy back and having beaten Ovarian cancer. Well done!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #349
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Cindy!

The Galápagos Islands!!! I'm so jealous! I hope you will post some pictures. I'll have to check FB to see if you did already.

I changed my phentynol patch this morning and was in much less pain today

We did loads of errands and then I did five loads of laundry. It's almost 9pm and I can't wait to have my dinner (sushi).
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:16 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Mmm, sushi! I have everything needed to make some (after a fashion). Wrong type of rice but just need to make it a bit stickier somehow. Glad the new patch did the trick, Carly.

Hi, Cindy. Your trip sounds so awesome. Like a National Geographic adventure. Thanks for the commiserations.

I actually felt my first stone pain today which will call a good thing as maybe it means the bugger is going to move. Prior to that, I couldn't even tell it was there. Hoping it will get busy tonight and get it over with as I have a big week ahead.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:27 PM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey, Kati, way to go. Simply deciding to join the party and start the trek deserves pats on the back...lots of folks here have started out with higher DD calories as it does take some time to adjust for some of us. Have you gone to the JUDDD site and gotten you calories levels...as long as you're in the losing side, you're doing well...
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:02 PM   #352
Big Yapper!!!!

Mary, welcome back! You can jump right on in, and I look forward to your posts.

Party, of course you can still be a part of our little group with any tweaks, or for that matter any WOE. We like company. The only thing I worry about is that you might not be eating enough on your UDs. You said 2000, but don't you get more than that? I eat higher DDs too, so if they're going to kick you out, we'll have to leave together.

Cindy, your trip sounds fabulous!!! I hope you posted some pics on FB!

Carly, I'm so happy to hear that your new patch brought some relief!! I hope you enjoyed your supper too. Sushi sounds so good!!

Cici, I hate to hear that you're having pain, but I hope it *is* a good sign.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 05-25-2014, 04:42 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
OMG I am so absolutely jealous of Cindy and her travels. Sounds fabulous!!!

Hi Everyone! I have so missed all of you. Hugs to every single one of you.

Life has been hectic. My allergies have pretty much taken over my life this year and after two weeks and an allergy shot I have finally slept more than two hours in one night. My sister had a bad couple of weeks. She has Lupus and we don't know if the stress from the death of my nephew caused her Lupus to flare up or it's just progressing, but I was traveling back in fourth for the last week. Oh and work sucks as usual, but I have some prospects which is making me happy.

I'm currently at my friends Lake house for the weekend and it's fabulous. I turned off the phone and I gave the house number for emergencies only. Everyone is still asleep so I figured it was time to check in with my JB's.

I've been good on my DD's, but a little ridiculous on my UD's so I'm feeling bloated. I was catching up and saw the convo about social pressures of eating. I've finally gotten to that point where I just don't care. Yesterday was a DD and I stuck with it. It was easier since I made sure to shop for veggies Friday and was able to munch throughout the day. I wasn't hungry and I knew that we were planning to cookout today.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to everyone!

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:16 AM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
EmmaLiza

Opera and ballet are in short supply for live broadcast until Autumn from the Met, Bolshoi etc. tho' there are some good, sponsored open air screenings in the UK of ENO and the Royal Ballet. Plus, I don't know if these will be shown outside the UK but we're fortunate enough to have a schedule of screenings for the opera season from Glyndebourne.

On Tuesday, I'll attend the encore screening of the National Theatre's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and I'm looking forward to it The RSC is staging Henry IV Pt2 in June and I'd like to see that.

June's quite busy. We have our wedding anniversary plus some sea kayaking, more kayaking, and helping out at a friend's garden opening. Garden Openings are popular in the UK - you visit a private garden with donations to various charities. For the year or so ahead, people try and time their garden displays to delight visitors so it's a lot of work and you need to be fanatically keen gardeners. It's known as The Yellow Book here - do you have it in the US? The gardens and season or dates for visiting them are listed in the National Garden Scheme's Yellow Book.

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:52 AM   #355
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
June's quite busy. We have our wedding anniversary plus some sea kayaking, more kayaking, and helping out at a friend's garden opening. Garden Openings are popular in the UK - you visit a private garden with donations to various charities. For the year or so ahead, people try and time their garden displays to delight visitors so it's a lot of work and you need to be fanatically keen gardeners. It's known as The Yellow Book here - do you have it in the US? The gardens and season or dates for visiting them are listed in the National Garden Scheme's Yellow Book.
I don't think we do, not in CA anyway. We have garden tours, where there will be a specific day and a list of open gardens and you can go around and look at all of them. I try to stay away or I would develop yard-envy.

All that kayaking sounds like fun.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #356
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
I did go back. I decided to work with her.
I think there is something going on in her life as she seemed very stressed and short tempered. PJ's next appointment is June 26. I will keep that one before deciding what to do. PJ looks kinda funny w/ way too short ears for a Shih Tzu.
I just figured people are more important than hair.
Today I am headed for #3 son's family campsite about an hour south of here for a whole day w/ my grandkids!!
It will be fun!
More tomorrow!
Every1 have a great day.
P
I'm glad you went back Pat. Everyone deserves a second chance, and has a bad day. Hopefully she will be back to her old self next time. Isn't it funny how different a dog can look just with a different cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post
Hey y'all...I know I said the first of the month that I'd be checking in more frequently as it was time for me to lose the next poundage, but it's been a crazy month of calendar filling up with stuff and fighting pneumonia so it just didn't happen. Sorry, haven't even been lurking, but I will be back with a vengeance as it really is time to lose and it's so much easier with the help of the JUDDD buddds here. Thanks for all your help; sure helps to keep on the woe.

I did make a huge change this week to get back into the food-watching mode as I started the '72 Atkins phase one Sunday and have dropped a total of nine pounds this month. I was thinking originally of going two weeks on this plan before jumping back to ADD but I'm missing "real" food. Proteins are nice but this woe is just not sustainable for a foodie like me. Plus, it's the Summer and there's all the lovely fruits and veggies out there that I'm really missing.

Love the discussions on the greens but wondering if anyone else does as I do....I give the stems of the hard greens like kale and collards to my dogs. They love them as a treat. Of course, it's only a couple of stems each so that it remains a treat. The nice thing about chard is that the stems cook and are very tasty...and rainbow chard is so pretty. I also love the Asian greens, particularly shisu but it's so hard to find...hmmm, wonder if it's possible to grow it. Shisu makes a wonderful warp for meats and is so tasty.

Anyway, just had to check in and let you know I'll be back....
Good to see you, Mary! Nine pounds in a month is fantastic! WTG! I've never had chard and really need to try it. I am IN LOVE with kale. I never thought I would say that about a green. I love it cooked, I love kale chips (whooda thunk) and I love it raw in salads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
I just love any greens. I am a greens girl. They aren't how I got fat though lol
Joined FP. That is sooo what I need. It doesn't take longer than 2 minutes to log in your food, and is so helpful!

For my goal weight at 2 pounds a week it says 1800 calories a day is needed? Yesterday, my "Down Day" I ate 900 (I think) which is still WLM. I felt great!

Can I stay in the JUDDD group if I don't *always* do the 500 calorie limit on my down days? I was thinking 800-900 felt really good, I was able to keep up with the kids etc.
It still puts me in WLM?

IE: If most up days I stay in the 2k range and on down days I stay in the 800-900 range with a weekly 500 down day- will that work and still be ok calorie cycling? or will it make my metabolism lurch?

Just trying to play with some things here. Ultimately my goal is to lose the weight and develop a lifestyle I can live with and enjoy. I suppose that involves tweaking?
Yes, I was a middle child. lol jk
Can you stay in the JUDDD group? Hmmmm.........well DUH! You can't go anywhere! You're one of us now! I say that anything that works, helps you lose, and makes you feel great is just right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

The Galápagos Islands were amazing. What a privilege. We fly home tomorrow after a night here in Guayaquil.

I know I will be heavier than I like but I also know I can rely on JUDDD to get me back to my chosen weight. It has been worth it to enjoy so many interesting dishes and I did quite a lot of swimming and snorkelling, though not much walking... and that at a turtle's pace.

Sorry not to comment on everything. But health wise I wanted to commiserate with Carly and Cici, and say how pleased I am to see Grammy back and having beaten Ovarian cancer. Well done!
Your trip sounds amazing, Cindy! I'm traveling vicariously through you. Safe trip home, and it'll be good to have you around more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Cindy!

The Galápagos Islands!!! I'm so jealous! I hope you will post some pictures. I'll have to check FB to see if you did already.

I changed my phentynol patch this morning and was in much less pain today

We did loads of errands and then I did five loads of laundry. It's almost 9pm and I can't wait to have my dinner (sushi).
I'm so glad you're feeling better. You really don't let the pain get you down. You're so busy and active. I'm impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Mmm, sushi! I have everything needed to make some (after a fashion). Wrong type of rice but just need to make it a bit stickier somehow. Glad the new patch did the trick, Carly.

Hi, Cindy. Your trip sounds so awesome. Like a National Geographic adventure. Thanks for the commiserations.

I actually felt my first stone pain today which will call a good thing as maybe it means the bugger is going to move. Prior to that, I couldn't even tell it was there. Hoping it will get busy tonight and get it over with as I have a big week ahead.
Oh, I sure hope that bugger makes it's way out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
OMG I am so absolutely jealous of Cindy and her travels. Sounds fabulous!!!

Hi Everyone! I have so missed all of you. Hugs to every single one of you.

Life has been hectic. My allergies have pretty much taken over my life this year and after two weeks and an allergy shot I have finally slept more than two hours in one night. My sister had a bad couple of weeks. She has Lupus and we don't know if the stress from the death of my nephew caused her Lupus to flare up or it's just progressing, but I was traveling back in fourth for the last week. Oh and work sucks as usual, but I have some prospects which is making me happy.

I'm currently at my friends Lake house for the weekend and it's fabulous. I turned off the phone and I gave the house number for emergencies only. Everyone is still asleep so I figured it was time to check in with my JB's.

I've been good on my DD's, but a little ridiculous on my UD's so I'm feeling bloated. I was catching up and saw the convo about social pressures of eating. I've finally gotten to that point where I just don't care. Yesterday was a DD and I stuck with it. It was easier since I made sure to shop for veggies Friday and was able to munch throughout the day. I wasn't hungry and I knew that we were planning to cookout today.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to everyone!
Lisa! It's great to see you here. A lake house sounds like a lovely retreat. I hope you have some exciting news to tell us soon about work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
EmmaLiza

Opera and ballet are in short supply for live broadcast until Autumn from the Met, Bolshoi etc. tho' there are some good, sponsored open air screenings in the UK of ENO and the Royal Ballet. Plus, I don't know if these will be shown outside the UK but we're fortunate enough to have a schedule of screenings for the opera season from Glyndebourne.

On Tuesday, I'll attend the encore screening of the National Theatre's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and I'm looking forward to it The RSC is staging Henry IV Pt2 in June and I'd like to see that.

I've never heard of anything like that here, but it sounds like fun.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grammyw/kitties
Stats: I am 170.2
WOE: I am starting IF leaning towards locarb
Start Date: Starting Dec 20,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Thank you Kissa things are very well thanks to God and the prayers of a lot of people, my sister and I are both in remission. Your vacation sounds fabulous. Have a fab time..its good to be back
grammyw/kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:15 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Carol, I just have to say you are such a caring, motherly kind of gal. My life feels richer having 'known' you on here.

Thank you Cindy also. You rule
All of you ladies are just the nicest. So glad curiousity got the best of me and I clicked in here.

Nothing super new to report here...Sewing diaper coves for the baby. He has decided that he does NOT like pins and prefolds, so we needed some quick snapping covers for him.
I am really rocking the Callanetics. Definitely noticed a fat roll gone! (it was a teeny one, but SO LONG!)
Today is my DD and I'm feeling hungry but good.
Got asked 2x when I was due yesterday!! LOL
I have 5 children and only got asked that 2x over the course of ALL of their pregnancies. Felt so bad for the ladies who asked. It didnt bother me at all, cause I know I am doing something about it.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:31 AM   #359
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow, Party!! Now your name makes sense to me. I hadn't thought of what it might mean before lol. That is a full house indeed!

I didn't really have a DD yesterday. I seem to be unable to make it through an entire weekend of DDs anymore (eod). Today will be another UD as well. I think I need to start exercising more to help. Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend. I'm at work, but I'm leaving early.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #360
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I had a super low DD Saturday at the goat show as I had no time to eat more than a HB egg. Which made my UD Sunday awful as I was starving but I managed. I am going to do 500 calorie DD's ALWYS from now on as Saturday almost threw me off track. PLUS I have a picture and I am happy with my size even though it is 10 pounds over last year at this time I don't care. I will happily maintain at this weight and not worry about it.

And the photographer was taking pictures of the goats and cut my head off. LOL I did not crop it off.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote