Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 46 pounds down, 102 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Carly ---- I'm sure you've tried every thing, but there is an herbal tincture I made for my husband caled "Devil's claw" - you ca buy the tincture online or in a health food store. Anyways, it really helped his arthritic problems. Also, flax seed/borage seed supplements helped as well.
I'm sorry you're hurting.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Have been thinking on this article a friend shared with me a few days ago. I could not find a link so hope it is okay to quote it this way. Phillip Chard is a psychotherapist, author and trainer. I think I fit the "moody" mold he describes. It was a gentler assessment of the problem than I usually see.

Almost forgot. I went blond today which is what I used to be before grey prompted me to color (red). Will change my avi when I get a new pic. Also looking forward to reblasting the kidney stone on Weds. next. Then my sisters arrive from out of state for what may be our last reunion with all of us. (Health issues make travel difficult for several family members). Big goings on for a few weeks.
Very interesting article, Cici. I can't wait to see the new blond you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Once again, I am terribly behind. I apologize everyone.
I miss you all!!!!!!!
Miss ya girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
So, to follow up on my friend I posted about yesterday.

The lady I talked to in SoCal had sold the dog in question to one of our clients. This morning, that client came in to apologize to us because the SoCal lady was so rude. Somehow, the lady in SoCal called the owner, but didn't actually hang up so a lot of her 1/2 of our conversation was on the owner's answering machine. Like an accidental 3 way call? No idea but anyway our client was MORTIFIED when she heard how that gal had spoken to us on the phone. Hee hee hee.

I'm pretty happy to be back to EOD right now. Today was a good, solid DD. The only thing I ate was popcorn. LOL. Night exactly high quality but its what I wanted and I made it work with my calories so, dang it, I had popcorn!
So not only is she rude and arrogant, but maybe not so smart to not hang up her phone before her little snit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I just caught up!!!!!
I had a very busy week. In fact, most of May has been non-stop. It's mostly all good, so no complaints other than my arthritis has been pretty brutal. I've been just pushing through it, but needing a bit of extra painkillers, which disrupts my sleep so I really have to do a cost/ benefit analysis every time to decide which is worse- the pain or not sleeping.

I can afford much more time right now, but I'll fly by soon again.
Sorry you're having so much pain, Carly. That stinks. Hope to see more of you around here soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyw/kitties View Post
Hello fellow judders!!!I think it has been about a year since I have posted on JUDD long story short it was no wonder that I couldn't lose weight . In October of 2013 I was diagniosed with Ovarian Cancer. Surgury and chemo and 7 months later I am in remission. At the same time my sister was also diagniosed with the same cancer. Hers was worse than mine and chemo then surgery she too is in remission. God has been good to us and now I am going to start doing judd again. I can't wait to get reacquainted and aquainted with old and new buds and to have the support I had a while back..Hip Hip Hooray!!!
I remember you grammy! I am so glad to hear you and your sister are both in remission. I'm sure that was a long and scary road for you both. I'll be so glad to see your posts again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Today I ended up going up to 1800 cals. not quite an UD, too much for a MD and way above my DD. Just so darn hungry. I have got to quit exercising on my DD. That's the only correlation I can make.
Does any one else here find that exercise just makes them very, very hungry? Will I adjust to this as I go on?

Tomorrow I'll have a reasonable UD and try again Tuesday with the DD. Get all my exercise in tomorrow!
Good plan, Kati. I think exercising on DDs can be rough, especially in the first several months, and especially if it's very vigorous. I don't even try anything too demanding on DDs anymore. Once I had mastered most of the Callanetics moves I could do it on either day, but in the beginning, it was rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
So I have been trying to figure out how to proceed with my goals for losing weight and gaining strength and lowering my overall body fat % because I'm not sure that doing what I am doing right now, Nutritional Ketosis, is actually going to get me there. I have been leaning out all over but I think the constant super low carb is possibly causing me to hold onto more abdominal fat and it may never get where I want and I'll end up super lean everywhere else. I'm beginning to think that constant NK is keeping cortisol levels high, and possibly causing some hormone issue. Also I want to see if I can change some of the problematic cholesterol numbers I have gotten recently.

So I decided to try some different things to both fuel my workouts and add carbs back in. A while back I read the book The 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferris and I tried out the Slow Carb Diet for a very short while and it worked, but I was dismayed at the time by the weekly spikes on the scale and it ultimately caused me to abandon that WOE and move on to Primal. But I want to try it again. Basically there will be no calorie counting, just eating based on hunger and performance, if I'm hungry between meals I'll make meals bigger or if I'm not performing during workouts or recovering fast enough again bigger meals. All meals will basically be some beans, a veggie and a protein source 3 times a day, no grains, no dairy, for 6 days. On the 7th day the first meal will be similar to the rest of the 6 days, but after that it is pretty much an intentional binge eating mostly carbs of any type and no calorie restrictions. There are some specific supplements that go along with it and some strategies to do damage control on the binge days. There are no exercise requirements but I'll continue on with my current exercise plan. I'll be tracking my weight and measurements weekly on Saturday, and take a BF % reading on my scale, to see how I'm progressing.

I plan to do this for the next 2 months and see what happens.
Mike, I hope you'll post regularly and let us know how it's going for you with this new plan. Good luck with it!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
While doing JUDDD I dropped from around 21% BF to 19% BF, doing NK I went from 19% to 15.4% measured by DEXA scan. The other measurements were on a digital scale. I've been doing NK for about 8 months now though and may have dropped below 15.4% but I haven't gone back for a follow-up DEXA so I'm not sure. But just based on measuring tape measurements my belly is just not keeping pace with everything else. So I'm just looking to mix things up again.

I've been at this for coming up on 3 years in July and it would be nice to be at about 10% BF or close to it by the end of July.

Maybe my body will react better to more carbs and decide to free up the fat in my belly. We shall see. I've never combined higher carb intake with weight lifting previously, so if nothing else happens I might get a lot stronger from the carbs.

159.3 Pounds lost since 7/14/2011

Low Calorie: 7/14/2011 - 80lbs lost
Primal: 4/20/2012 - 55.3lbs lost
JUDDD: 4/10/2013 - 23.4lbs lost
Nutritional Ketosis 9/1/2013 - 15.4% BF
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
How much body fat should one have? Like for a female, senior citizen?
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:54 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
The World Health organisation says 24% - 36% is the healthy range for a woman over 60.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

According to Wikipedia:

Code:
Description	Women	Men
Essential fat	10–13%	2–5%
Athletes	14–20%	6–13%
Fitness		21–24%	14–17%
Average		25–31%	18–24%
Obese		32%+	25%+
Old 05-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grammyw/kitties
Stats: I am 170.2
WOE: I am starting IF leaning towards locarb
Start Date: Starting Dec 20,2012
Thanks to all for the good wishes!! Now it is time to get off my butt and drop a few pounds. I will have my first dd on Thursday that will have me at home working and not traveling. I am focusing on healthy. I am closer to 60 than 50 and I will never be a super model so I am ok with healthy and fit. No matter what, my peace of mind is what is important. That and I have a ton of clothes that I can wear in 15 lbs..lol
grammyw/kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

All of my clothing is clothing that is in the 4x range. This swim suit was a still snug 2x but all of my 4x clothing still fits and is comfortably loose.
When I hit a solid 2x I'll go shopping for a few pieces. Wrap skirts, a couple cami and tees, hippy shoes and rotate those out. As a solid to too tight 26w, I can't imagine being an 18.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #279

Quote:
While doing JUDDD I dropped from around 21% BF to 19% BF, doing NK I went from 19% to 15.4% measured by DEXA scan. The other measurements were on a digital scale. I've been doing NK for about 8 months now though and may have dropped below 15.4% but I haven't gone back for a follow-up DEXA so I'm not sure. But just based on measuring tape measurements my belly is just not keeping pace with everything else. So I'm just looking to mix things up again.

I've been at this for coming up on 3 years in July and it would be nice to be at about 10% BF or close to it by the end of July.

Maybe my body will react better to more carbs and decide to free up the fat in my belly. We shall see. I've never combined higher carb intake with weight lifting previously, so if nothing else happens I might get a lot stronger from the carbs.
I'll be very interested to follow your results Mike. I'm really interested in how best to fuel our bodies for resistance training AND trying to get leaner. Of course I realize being different genders I can't directly compare, but I'm still interested to see what you find.

Quote:
Thanks to all for the good wishes!! Now it is time to get off my butt and drop a few pounds. I will have my first dd on Thursday that will have me at home working and not traveling. I am focusing on healthy. I am closer to 60 than 50 and I will never be a super model so I am ok with healthy and fit. No matter what, my peace of mind is what is important. That and I have a ton of clothes that I can wear in 15 lbs..lol
You'll be shopping in your own closet before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
All of my clothing is clothing that is in the 4x range. This swim suit was a still snug 2x but all of my 4x clothing still fits and is comfortably loose.
When I hit a solid 2x I'll go shopping for a few pieces. Wrap skirts, a couple cami and tees, hippy shoes and rotate those out. As a solid to too tight 26w, I can't imagine being an 18.
But you will be in 18s in the not so distant future, Kati! I never thought I'd get there either, and now I'm in 16s and some 14s in jeans, and 10s in some skirts (although that is just crazy sizing). And you will too!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:28 AM   #280
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maddiemod
Stats: 154/137/110 5'2"
WOE: JUDDD/BEAD
Start Date: July 2012
Carly- Pirate Jenny wrote about boron and arthritis I think in the ptero thread, also if you do an internet search of boron and arthritis it brings up some interesting information, among other things studies have shown a very clear link between Boron and the incidence of arthritis.
maddiemod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:04 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I'll be very interested to follow your results Mike. I'm really interested in how best to fuel our bodies for resistance training AND trying to get leaner. Of course I realize being different genders I can't directly compare, but I'm still interested to see what you find.
It has only been 2 days so far on just Protein, Veggies and Beans and I feel good, no energy issues. And even though I'm not tracking calories I have an idea of where I'm at and it is considerably lower than normal so I will have to see how I feel later on if I need to increase how much I eat. I've done 2 workouts in 2 days without issues though. The Slow Carb Diet isn't specifically designed to fuel intense resistance training, and in fact is more about the minimal effective dose, just doing enough to get 80% there without spending too much time and effort. I might be overdoing it but I really don't want to reduce my effort at this point and will be keeping my 3-4 60 minute weight lifting sessions a week. I will also be out and about doing some hiking as well or in place of those sessions. I also plan on fasting the day after the binge until dinner.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:10 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Mercy! I was away for a while- travelling, graduations, family time- and came back to 6 pages of Daily Chat! Happy to hear the good things, sad to hear the bad. And a few chuckles in there. Jaws-of-life tightness, indeed!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:12 AM   #283
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Good luck on your experiment, Mike!

Hugs to all who need it.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Blessings all around and hugs!

Tuesday DD for me. My antibiotics are giving me stomach pains.
I have to keep something in my stomach so am going to be creative today.

P
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #285
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joymomto3boys
Stats: 199/185.5/130 5'2" 47 yo
WOE: LC - trying JUDDD
Start Date: May 2014
So did family groceries on the weekend and it was my DD. Needless to say didn't buy much and forgot a bunch of things for the kids lunches. I just wasn't interested in being around and looking at food. I guess next time I should just make sure to do groceries on an UD

Pat - Hopefully your creativity will pay off and your pains will go away.

Good luck Mike. Based on your stats you certainly have done really well with different ways of eating.
joymomto3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It has only been 2 days so far on just Protein, Veggies and Beans and I feel good, no energy issues. And even though I'm not tracking calories I have an idea of where I'm at and it is considerably lower than normal so I will have to see how I feel later on if I need to increase how much I eat. I've done 2 workouts in 2 days without issues though. The Slow Carb Diet isn't specifically designed to fuel intense resistance training, and in fact is more about the minimal effective dose, just doing enough to get 80% there without spending too much time and effort. I might be overdoing it but I really don't want to reduce my effort at this point and will be keeping my 3-4 60 minute weight lifting sessions a week. I will also be out and about doing some hiking as well or in place of those sessions. I also plan on fasting the day after the binge until dinner.
One interesting thing is that last night I was tired and went to sleep at 10:30pm and then woke up at 12:30am completely awake and full of energy. Took a while to force myself to go back to sleep. Reminded me of the beginning of JUDDD where the same thing happened. I like to think my body just decided it needed some fuel and started burning some fat in the middle of the night just because! One can be hopeful!
Old 05-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #287
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/206/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joymomto3boys View Post
So did family groceries on the weekend and it was my DD. Needless to say didn't buy much and forgot a bunch of things for the kids lunches. I just wasn't interested in being around and looking at food. I guess next time I should just make sure to do groceries on an UD
It seems weird, but I like to grocery shop on DDs. I like to plan a nice dinner for the following UD and pick out all the delicious snacks that I think I will eat (but rarely do) the next day. I also do better when I am out of the house.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:55 PM   #288
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Our little grandsons looking at the debris brought tears to my eyes.

IMG_3029.jpg

IMG_3034(1).jpg
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

poor babies.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:01 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Oh YamYam, I just can't imagine!

Hugs for everyone.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:37 PM   #291

Poor little guys! That's a lot to take in. So sorry.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:17 AM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

That is rough.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Yam Yam, those photos are heartbreaking.
I am just so so sorry.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:28 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
(((Yam))) I cannot imagine.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:45 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
YamYam - such a scene, all my sympathies.

Quote:
long story short it was no wonder that I couldn't lose weight . In October of 2013 I was diagniosed with Ovarian Cancer. Surgury and chemo and 7 months later I am in remission....God has been good to us and now I am going to start doing judd again. I can't wait to get reacquainted and aquainted with old and new buds and to have the support I had a while back..Hip Hip Hooray!!!
Lovely to see you back
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Doing all kinds of tiny, tedious chores today. Going through piles of papers, scrubbing waste receptacles, covering a candle jar to look nicer on my nightstand, clearing the nightstand of everything that gets piled there, shredding old receipts, filing, recycling old papers and magazines, that kind of thing. Nothing major, but without it, the place starts to look like a pit!

But tonight we are going to the dog park for Weenie-dog-Wednesday! That would put a smile on anyone's face.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #297
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
That sounds fun, Sirtain! I wish we had a dog park. There *was* one, but apparently there's snakes and alligators in the pond now. My dog loves to get in the water, so I won't be taking her there.

Yam, those pics are heartbreaking. I hope they can rebuild or find somewhere suitable to live soon.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, I want to attend weenie dog Wednesday.
PJ and I would love a Shih Tzu Saturday, too!!
Old 05-21-2014, 04:18 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Hi, gang. Just got home from another lithotripsy this afternoon. Second one on the same stone. Hopefully better results. Am not even trying to rotate right now with too much going on. Family, health, blah,blah. (STRESS EATER HERE)

Mike, I love Ferris' books. He really understands how to break things down to the simplest and most effective activities. Wish his online presence wasn't so language littered or i would spend time there too. Look forward to following your continued journey. You have had great success thus-far.

I am going to get the grains out of my life as soon as the parties stop and the family goes home. Makes all other food decisions easier.

Carly, hope you get a break in the pain. Know it is a something you live with but that doesn't make it any easier.

Best wishes to everyone.

Last edited by cici52; 05-21-2014 at 04:26 PM..
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #300
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi everyone! I'll have to check out all the herbal remedies that you all mentioned. I feel doubtful since the phentynol and Lortab don't help much, but I guess it's worth a little investigation.

I had a bad episode of vertigo last night, but woke up fine this morning.

Yam, hugs to you and your family

Grammy, it's nice to have you back and glad you and your sister are doing well.

I'm still doing my 5:2, but am thinking of doing a month of fast 5 in June. I'm not sure, but I'll figure it out if and when I get there.

We go to Florida to see my parents and grandmother on Tuesday.
You all mostly know the deal with that. I'm keeping positive, but will find a hotel room somewhere if we can't take the OCD stuff.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote