Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   i still have the same weight since 3 years ago (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/829525-i-still-have-same-weight-since-3-years-ago.html)

lylydvd 04-30-2014 03:45 AM

i still have the same weight since 3 years ago

i'm very frustrated i tried every diet on earth and yes i lost weight easily but i gained it back more easily ... i feel sooooooooo depressed i can't say more i wanna dieeeee

Sammyann 04-30-2014 03:52 AM

:console: I'm sorry you are feeling so frustrated. Every day is a new chance to start over.

Planelman 04-30-2014 04:38 AM

Maybe lifestyle change instead of dieting is what you need to look into. I'm not sure exactly how you have been eating, but if you are dieting and losing weight and then go back to eating how you were before you dieted then gaining the weight back really shouldn't surprise you. You need to find a way to eat that you can sustain and what and how you eat during weight loss is going to be what and how you eat to maintain. Until I found paleo/primal as a way of eating I too would easily gain back any weight lost on a "diet" and when I jump off the paleo/primal bandwagon I instantly start gaining. I'm not pushing paleo/primal specifically, it is what works for me and my body, but I am pushing finding a way of eating that gives you weight loss, with some restrictions on how much you eat so you have a deficit during weight loss, and then when you meet your goal slowly increase the amount you eat until you maintain and find a balance, but don't change what you eat.

Carly 04-30-2014 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylydvd (Post 16893720)
i'm very frustrated i tried every diet on earth and yes i lost weight easily but i gained it back more easily ... i feel sooooooooo depressed i can't say more i wanna dieeeee

I don't know your stats, but are you dieting to a weight that is too low to maintain without severe restriction?

If you are really, truly depressed and want to die, I hope you will seek help :console:

That is no way to have to live and maybe getting back to a place where you are not so depressed will make weight loss easier.

KeirasMom 04-30-2014 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planelman (Post 16893746)
Maybe lifestyle change instead of dieting is what you need to look into. I'm not sure exactly how you have been eating, but if you are dieting and losing weight and then go back to eating how you were before you dieted then gaining the weight back really shouldn't surprise you. You need to find a way to eat that you can sustain and what and how you eat during weight loss is going to be what and how you eat to maintain. Until I found paleo/primal as a way of eating I too would easily gain back any weight lost on a "diet" and when I jump off the paleo/primal bandwagon I instantly start gaining. I'm not pushing paleo/primal specifically, it is what works for me and my body, but I am pushing finding a way of eating that gives you weight loss, with some restrictions on how much you eat so you have a deficit during weight loss, and then when you meet your goal slowly increase the amount you eat until you maintain and find a balance, but don't change what you eat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16893779)
I don't know your stats, but are you dieting to a weight that is too low to maintain without severe restriction?

If you are really, truly depressed and want to die, I hope you will seek help :console:

That is no way to have to live and maybe getting back to a place where you are not so depressed will make weight loss easier.

:goodpost::goodpost: Both of these are exactly what I'd say. Please seek help for your depression, if it's not just venting, and you've got to find what will work for you in the long term rather than a quick "diet" fix.

zipp2play 04-30-2014 06:15 AM

I pray you find the help you need!

LoCarbGal 04-30-2014 07:09 AM

:console: I'm so sorry you're feeling this way!

Gaining back after most diets is so frustrating. It feels like all your hard work and effort were for nothing. I agree that it is so important to find a way that you can eat for the rest of your life, at least most of the time. We all deserve little treats, vacations, special occasions that we can have some "off-limits" treats.

How much do you have to lose? Do you mind sharing your stats with us so we can try and help understand better?