Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
OT ~ Need gift ideas for wedding anniversary

My wedding anniversary is coming up, and I'm stumped about what to get DH. I know what he got me, and it was pretty expensive and very thoughtful. Anybody have ideas?

He's not into sports. He doesn't really have any hobbies. He works a LOT of hours and I can't surprise him with a trip or anything because of his schedule. He's lost a lot of weight, and has pretty much all new clothes, though he doesn't have a suit, so that's one thought I had.

DH is a wonderful husband and amazing father and I'd like to do something special for him, but he's honestly the world's hardest person to buy for! Help!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Does he like suits? Is he done losing? What about a custom suit fitting?

My son told me yesterday his friend's parents did that for his 21st birthday. Sounds like an odd gift for a kid, but he is dapper.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #3

That's what I was thinking, a custom suit fitting. He likes suits, and he's only planning to lose another 20 pounds or so. His last suit fit him at 450 pounds. He's now 220ish, so I'm thinking it's time.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
My husband loves Wine Country Gift Baskets. You can go to their website. He dropped a hint that he'd love to have one of those chocolate towers. I was surprised that he was so taken with the baskets. We've also bought them for family and friends. They are just beautiful and look as lovely in person as the ones in their pictures.
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
It took me months, calling around online liquor stores, but for our 25th I got him a bottle of scotch that was casked on our wedding date.
It wasn't fantastic scotch lol - but the label had the cask date on it and everything
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast View Post
My husband loves Wine Country Gift Baskets. You can go to their website. He dropped a hint that he'd love to have one of those chocolate towers. I was surprised that he was so taken with the baskets. We've also bought them for family and friends. They are just beautiful and look as lovely in person as the ones in their pictures.
I'm on their site now. There are some gorgeous baskets!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
It took me months, calling around online liquor stores, but for our 25th I got him a bottle of scotch that was casked on our wedding date.
It wasn't fantastic scotch lol - but the label had the cask date on it and everything
That's a really cool idea, and one I'll save for a big anniversary. This is our 11th. Last year we renewed our vows for our 10th.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:19 AM   #8

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Gosh, has it been a year since your vow renewal? I got to "attend" online and it was great - you guys were so cute, and Keira, what a doll!

CC's and Dottie's ideas are great! Dottie, yours is amazingly cool, especially like Dawn said, for a big one. How did you think of that?

I don't really have any good suggestions. If I do say so myself, I'm pretty amazing at getting people the perfect gift. But I am careful to listen to what people say all year about what they're interested in (just the offhand comment, or what they stop to look for when shopping, online, etc). It has paid off, because I've gotten some pretty cool reactions. My favorite has been, "It's perfect! I didn't even know I wanted that, but I do!"

Good luck finding your perfect gift. I think I saw what you're getting on FB. Pretty darn cool!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #9
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
lol well I always get him a bottle of scotch (he's easy!) but I thought it would be nice to find something more specific.
Once I started looking at online liquor stores, I saw the cask dates on some distilleries and thought I'd give it a shot.
What surprised me was that I had pretty much given up on it when I got an email from one of the stores telling me they found what I was looking for (and it was under $200 which was a nice bonus).
He has the bottle packed away in the garage somewhere so it won't get broken

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Gosh, has it been a year since your vow renewal? I got to "attend" online and it was great - you guys were so cute, and Keira, what a doll!

CC's and Dottie's ideas are great! Dottie, yours is amazingly cool, especially like Dawn said, for a big one. How did you think of that?

I don't really have any good suggestions. If I do say so myself, I'm pretty amazing at getting people the perfect gift. But I am careful to listen to what people say all year about what they're interested in (just the offhand comment, or what they stop to look for when shopping, online, etc). It has paid off, because I've gotten some pretty cool reactions. My favorite has been, "It's perfect! I didn't even know I wanted that, but I do!"

Good luck finding your perfect gift. I think I saw what you're getting on FB. Pretty darn cool!
I try to listen all year, too, but he's not one to really want anything. Ugh.

RE: what he got me (a small, concealable hand gun--sorry if anyone is anti-gun!). He got me something very similar for our 1st anniversary, but a bit bigger. I found out I was pregnant a few weeks later and didn't get to try it out until after Keira was born!

A few weeks ago, the Panera 2 blocks away from where I get my bagel in the morning was robbed. The cashier couldn't get the drawer opened fast enough, so the robber went around to all the patrons and robbed them too. DH has been worried about me since, and wants me to get my CCW. Thus, the smaller version of the 1st anniversary present. When I got home last night, the application for the CCW was sitting on my desk. He REALLY wants me to be protected.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:01 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I saw your gift on FB and it is really cool! I have never owned a gun. I'm askeered.

How about a really nice bottle of wine, tablecloth and a catered dinner at home...candlelight, etc. Of course, you might also want a sleepover for Kiera.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #12

I was askeered too, until I learned to use one. Now I have no problem.

I thought about the nice dinner thing. Problem: He doesn't drink (very rarely, a small something) and doesn't eat much.

We do already have a sitter lined up for that night, so I know we'll go out to dinner and probably dancing or something.

My coworker is steering me away from the "suit" idea since DH still has a small amount to lose. He suggested a really nice sports coat which could be worn with jeans, khakis, or dress pants. That actually might work out. Plus something else.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Cologne? An IPad? A watch? A favorite restaraunt?
A his and hers massage?
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I saw your present on FB as well. Nice!
I wasn't ever scared, per se, but feel much more confident after learning how to use them.
I spend a lot of time alone, we live in the boonies (both a blessing and a curse) and I know exactly where the Glock is, how to load it and where to aim.

Back to the topic at hand, I like the suit idea as well. But maybe talk to a clothing place and ask them if your purchase would be alter-able with some additional weight loss? If its possible to take it in, then I say go for it. I guess it depends somewhat on WHERE the weight would come from? Anyway, a purchase that's alterable might be a good way to go.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:03 AM   #15

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
What did you decide?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #16

I ended up ordering him something from ManCrates. It's an outdoor survival ammo can filled with survivalist goodies. It's kind of a joke, but kind of goes with what he got me. I still need to come up with something else, though, too. I'm stumped.