Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 07:00 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Fear of the unknown?

I just need to express something that has been floating in the back of my mind. Maybe someone else has experienced this. It is new to me so I don't know what to think.

I was accutely ill in.October following sewage exposure thought i recoverred then progressively got sicker over several months. Lots of antibiotics did not clear a UTI. I did some research and suggested the doc look for a fistula so was referred and a CT scan in February revealed it to be true. Meanwhile I was having flank pain and wondered about kidney stones. They also showed up on the same CT. During this time my weight went upto 226. I had two surgeries to remove large stones blocking uretors. It is a wonder there was no kidney damage. Then a third surgery to take down the fistula between colon and bladder. Between preps for scans, colonoscopy, surgeries, and several days uf colon rest and liquid diets fasting waa feeling pretty natural. After surgery I started to lose weiggt though eating like a starving person set lose. so JUDDD seemed a natural way to lose some weiggt once that magic wore off.

Now it seems very difficult to fast. My DDs have been more like 800-1000. My up days are good at 2200ish. I continue to lose weight at about 1/2 pound per day. I have lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks. This is where the fear comes in. I have been on. A diet since I was ten. This business of losing weight without trying hard is new and I don't know if I should just be. Happy or worry that something else is wrong.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 07:06 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
cici
You're still only averaging 1500-1700 calories a day, so it's not like you're starving your body OR overeating.
You have a good gap between UD and DD calories, which is the "magic".
Talk to your doctor, but really, it's probably just that you're eating the amount you need to be eating to lose.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Wow, Cici. You really have been through so much.

I think after having experienced all those things wrong in a short time period, it's perfectly normal to have some fears that there's still something wrong. But if you're not experiencing any pain or discomfort, and your gut isn't telling you that something is awry, I would just enjoy that your body is releasing this weight so easily. It could very well be why you were struggling to lose before, because your body was busy dealing with the other stuff and had nothing extra to give to weight loss. Now it has healed/is healing, and it has time and energy to spend on fat loss.

Dottie's comment is great, about your average calories. It sounds right to me too. I'm so glad you're on the mend, osing again, and that you're back with us! Thanks for sharing your story.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsKitty
Hi Cici,

I have no direct personal experience being so ill for a period that way, but I do have experience caring for seriously ill people. I've been ill, but never like what you've gone through!
Sometimes, if you weren't supremely nutritionally sound before your illness, the illness sucks even more nutrients right out of you, plus the extra healing after. You could be suffering from some deep-seated nutritional deficits that aren't really tangibly measured using modern-day testing. I would strive to be certain that you're receiving all your macro and micro nutrients daily, for a while, then worry about that minus calories. Traditionally, in a hospital setting, we would have supplemented with IV nutrients, then really balanced diets. If you're doing this sans "breads," then make sure you have your daily allotment of calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc and copper would be a good idea, then worry about creating calorie deficits as with DDs/IFs.
Take it slow and keep listening to your body.

Last edited by MsKitty; 04-16-2014 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: because typos happen - to some of us more than others
MsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
I just replied to you on the daily weighers thread. I don't think you need to worry. Your body is doing a lot of healing right now. That takes extra calories.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Big hugs to you for all you've been through. Sounds like everything came out well though! I also think that major healing requires a lot of energy and that you should enjoy the weight loss. I understand the worries, but hope you can relax and enjoy now that you are all better.
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:43 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Hugs is all I can offer!

You have gone thru a lot this year, take it easy.

Have you gone to a health food store to see what they recommend you eat now? years back when dh was not feeling the best after a colon test, i did and was told to push the yogurt and eat lettuce as lettuce would act like a broom in the intestine.

leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Do you feel as good as you can after going through so much?

If you feel like you are recovering, then add my voice to 'the healing process is burning a lot of extra calories'...as your health stabilizes, weight loss rate should decrease...or hopefully set a good pace too.

On the other hand, if you are not feeling good, or if you are not seeing healing progress I encourage you to go to the doctor.

Hugs for the nightmare you have endured!!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Cici, I just want to say how sorry I am that you've been through so much.I don't have any answers, but feel that you should err on the side of caution and speak to your doctor about your weight loss and see if they feel it is normal.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:46 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Thank you all for your imsights. The past few days I actually have felt wonderful, like I've turned the corner. It was just the magic weightloss that had me baffled/nervous. I've never been sick for long and am just so grateful to be feeling healthy again. Guess I will just enjoy the easy calories for now. It also occurrrd to me that my earlier forced fasts might have actibated the sirt-1 and maybe my body has reset or something. I see lots of typos. Please excuse. One finger.phone typing.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm just sending

Healing burns a lot of calories, but if at all concerned see your doctor.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Sending hugs......you have been through a lot.

I hope you continue to feel wonderful and the JUDDD magic continues. It continues to amaze me!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Nothing to add, just hugs.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote