Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Cadbury Creme Eggs (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/828031-cadbury-creme-eggs.html)

mafiamom 04-10-2014 08:17 AM

Cadbury Creme Eggs

evil evil evil evil

that is all.

:venting:

Dottie 04-10-2014 08:26 AM

pfft... Egg fast! :)

deedee 04-10-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16870932)
pfft... Egg fast! :)

:hyst::hyst:

I don't care much for the originals, but the ones with caramel in the middle? Oh my. Do they make a peanut butter version I wonder?

Madmarsha 04-10-2014 08:55 AM

Uggg, yes. I had a pack in my grubby hands last week. I put them down. Unfortunately, I picked up a pack of Reese' PB eggs and didn't put them down. They are intact in my freezer, tho. My dad always got them this time of year so that's what compelled me. I honestly don't even want them but dunno what to do with them.

Just because it's that time of year, tho, I still feel compelled to have ONE Cadbury as that's all I usually have anyway. Unless someone can talk me out of having even that.

leonak 04-10-2014 11:14 AM

My favorite is the Snickers Egg - 160 calories! I had only one this year and will buy another but only if and when Walgreens has them on sale!

JayLynn 04-10-2014 11:40 AM

I'm very strange because I don't like them. I think that's the only thing with chocolate that I don't. :dunno:

Kismet311 04-10-2014 12:22 PM

I have not had one this year yet. I think I'm about to cave!

Librarygirl 04-10-2014 03:37 PM

I've had one and didn't give it a second thought. :D I'll probably have another one soon now that you reminded me. Oh, of course it was a UD. ;)

LoCarbGal 04-10-2014 03:59 PM

Peanut butter M&Ms! In pastel colors! Tonight!

Carly 04-10-2014 06:07 PM

Hum... Hadn't even given it a thought. So thanks Ladies :annoyed:
:)

Yennie 04-10-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madmarsha (Post 16871004)
Uggg, yes. Unfortunately, I picked up a pack of Reese' PB eggs and didn't put them down.

This is me. I love holidays because they have the Reese's shapes - trees, pumpkins, eggs, whatever. There is more peanut butter in those shaped ones than in the regular cups. Reese's are my kryptonite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayLynn (Post 16871219)
I'm very strange because I don't like them. I think that's the only thing with chocolate that I don't. :dunno:

I don't care for them either. About every 5 years or so I will forget that I don't like them, get one, take one bite and toss it. Bleh!!

gotsomeold 04-11-2014 04:13 AM

I used to bathe in the fillings.

Evil. Yes.

makrida 04-11-2014 04:54 AM

agreed. and they come in boxes of 4. and they are so small, really, you can't just eat one :(

mafiamom 04-11-2014 06:08 AM

it's strange. i used to HATE them. they were just too sweet.

too bad that didn't stick.

i confess.... to eating 3 in one day. not all at once tho.... is that better?

ugh.

Dottie 04-11-2014 06:24 AM

I have 1 egg and 1 box (a 3 or 5 pack) of peeps every year around Easter. Then I'm good for another year :laugh:
I haven't had either yet this year.

Madmarsha 04-11-2014 07:45 AM

Oh, thank goodness I have always found Peeps vile. Well, once I hit adulthood. (And I know a lot of people who find the middle of the Cadbury eggs vile, too, so to each his own!). I indulged in Peeps as a kid even though looking back, I wonder what the heck was wrong with me. Oh, yeah, that's right, sugar used to not be evil in my mind! If only I could have kept my sugar violations down to only Easter time. Ah, well.

I FEEL like having 1 Cadbury egg just for tradition sake, but I truly don't want one so I shall not have one. I think. Luckily they disappear soon.

Demonica 04-11-2014 07:47 AM

I am avoiding easter candy like the plague. Trying very hard to get back down into the "normal" weight range according to the wii:annoyed:

SlowSure 04-11-2014 08:03 AM

I never eat them but a guilty pleasure is reading about the ways in which others do. Such as Cadbury Creme Eggs Benedict or Buzzfeed's 17 Scrumptious Ways To Eat A Creme Egg which includes items such as Creme Egg Donuts or Brownies...Deep-fried (genuinely), in Toasties or Foo Yung, to recount some of the more memorable methods. Yes, I've seen the photographs and still don't believe that people did this. :laugh: :sick:

To the UK's shame, there is, of course, a dedicated recipe section on Cadbury's website for the creme egg...

mafiamom 04-11-2014 09:42 AM

:notwrthy:

All Hail The Queen!

:notwrthy:

AndyBFK 04-11-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie (Post 16871770)
This is me. I love holidays because they have the Reese's shapes - trees, pumpkins, eggs, whatever. There is more peanut butter in those shaped ones than in the regular cups. Reese's are my kryptonite.

Oh that's exactly me too. It's the perfect ratio of PB to chocolate.
I'm not even a big sweet eater. But dang Easter candy is the WORST for me.

The pastel Recess eggs are wonderful too.

dawnyama 04-11-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 16871185)
My favorite is the Snickers Egg - 160 calories! I had only one this year and will buy another but only if and when Walgreens has them on sale!

Have you seen the Twix eggs :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Oh my!! :love:

I love Easter. I love cadbury eggs, I love Reese's eggs, I love chocolate :yummy:

Maybe a bit too much :o

dawnyama 04-11-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBFK (Post 16872349)
Oh that's exactly me too. It's the perfect ratio of PB to chocolate.
I'm not even a big sweet eater. But dang Easter candy is the WORST for me.

The pastel Recess eggs are wonderful too.

I bought about 4 of the Reese's hearts that they had at Valentine's day. The day after Valentine's. They are awesome :heart: I work at a grocery store (the Starbucks is INSIDE the Kroger, as it is OWNED by Kroger) and the day after every holiday is like 1,000 times better than the actual holiday to me :laugh: I never pay full price for my holiday candy. Totally drives my family nuts. They will say to me " we don't need 10 bags of m&ms this year mom, please don't buy ANY" :hyst::hyst:

MsKitty 04-11-2014 02:39 PM

Though this is a bit of a hijack away from the Cadbury Crème Eggs, it is relevant in a somewhat tangential way...
I prefer to live vicariously through others who have done the experimental torture of Peeps (and possibly other enemy Easter candies)...
Google search or YouTube search peep torture
Don't mad... get even!:lol:
Then again, I do have a fondness for the yearly Peep contest.
Google Washington Post peep contest.
Even if my mouth cannot partake, my eyes and nose can. It's safer for me that way!

Librarygirl 04-11-2014 03:05 PM

I love the malted Robin eggs too.:love: I bought the store brand and it definitely was not the same.:annoyed: Dawn, did you say Twix eggs?:eek::yummy:

Flutter 04-11-2014 03:20 PM

Stupid Easter candy. Next year, I am going back to giving candy up for Lent!!! M&Ms are my downfall, and this week has been no exception. (coconut & peanut M&Ms, sure, let's eat the family sized bags!)

<shaking head> You'd THINK I'd be over this chocoholic problem I have by now...

mafia, glad to see you back! Thanks for the chuckle! :heart: My sympathies on those evil cadbury eggs sista!!!!

Dirty Harriet 04-11-2014 03:23 PM

Oh and let us not forget the 'jelly belly' "belly flops"!
Every Lindt bunny has called to me in 4 stores already......

Librarygirl 04-11-2014 04:04 PM

I've never even heard of those, Harriet lol. Now you tell me! :D

Flutter, you look absolutely adorable, gf!!!:love:

Dottie 04-11-2014 04:11 PM

I found some peppermint malted milk balls one year and they were awesome! I've never seen them again and it's probably a good thing :laugh:

dawnyama 04-11-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16872663)
I love the malted Robin eggs too.:love: I bought the store brand and it definitely was not the same.:annoyed: Dawn, did you say Twix eggs?:eek::yummy:

Yes, I found them at Kroger I believe last year. Wowza :yummy::yummy: if I can find them this year--I go in on Sun--I will buy them at full price :laugh:

mafiamom 04-11-2014 04:42 PM

LOVE the malted eggs! the speckled ones!

I just moved from the town that makes peeps. Bethlehem PA is the home of JUST Born...mike and ike, cherry and bub, and PEEPS. Downtown they have a big huge PEEP made of peeps every year .... around this time.

i hate peeps, myself.