Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Trying to come back (?)

I have talked myself out of JUDDD again...

I went through a time when I was preparing a lot of cakes ( two parties one in Jan - one in March) then I got sick multiple times in a row combined with bad allergies and migraines...

I had to have more in my system than 360 cal.

Now I am getting depressed if I cannot have breakfast and I get moody.

I have talked myself out of JUDDD thinking that I can just count calories again... But that has never worked for me...

I just needed to say "hi" because I miss being around. Maybe this will be my first step back...

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2014, 12:21 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
What a mess for you. I'm sorry to read that the migraines and allergies were so debilitating for you and understand that the associated nausea can necessitate the intake of additional food (and that it feels better if it's of the sweet variety until the worst of the nausea/sickness passes).

Did you reverse into the 360kcals from a higher level? Monica (ZipptoPlay) has rarely done lower DDs for much of her journey with JUDDD because eating <600-700kcals triggered hypoglycaemic episodes iirc. She opted for higher DDs because of this and has still evicted her body fat: she didn't reverse into numbers that were lower than 600kcals until she started supplementing pterostilbene (comparatively recently) and was surprised to learn that she experienced not only some appetite suppression but no adverse symptoms. (That was a while ago and I haven't checked to see if this still works for her.)

I've no idea if higher DDs might suit you better than the low ones if you wanted to try that at some point. Dr J recommends moving to higher DD levels after an initial period on the lower rungs so it's not as if he considers that JUDDD stands or falls on low DDs tho' he does advocate them.

Overall, however, I can only hope that the misery level from the allergies and migraine decrease because it's tricky to complete a project of any complexity whilst coping with those. Best wishes.

Dec 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:30 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Sending and hoping you feel better soon.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:13 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
While I had some very low DDs (100 - 150cal) on days I was just not hungry, I evicted most of my weight eating 500 cal/day (and more in 50cal increments if I was hungry). I had lots of weeks with two 500 cal/DDs and one 650cal/DD.

Would something like that help you?

Look around the various threads. Lots of different WOEs are currently being experimented with. Maybe something completely different will be just what you need.

Hugs for the frustration and stress!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:34 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
LCL, my fellow bookie. I'm so sorry you're struggling right now. I concur with Slow and Nancy--there's no need to worry about not having low DDs. The important thing is to have them at all. I rarely go under 500 these days, and mostly over. If you have to maintain for a while, like I am, then it's perfectly fine. The benefits are still reaped and you *will* still lose (slowly). The alternative (any alternative) is just not as appealing to me, and it seems like it isn't to you either. You're always welcome, and I suggest jumping back in like you never left.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:15 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I'm glad to see you back, LCL. Whatever plan (or non-plan) you are pursuing, I think posting on the boards helps keep the motivation up there. And we love to see you!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:36 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
LCL. I understand the feeling of not knowing what to do.

It does seem like people can do very well with higher calorie DD's, and even if it were to take longer, if it makes the plan more livable and still a success, that can only be a good thing.

I was never one to eat breakfast, most of my life, but the past few months I've come to find I actually need breakfast and get very grumpy if I don't have it (at least on UD's). I don't know if you've tried the Great Low Carb Bread Company Bagels, but if you don't mind low carb food, and I have to guess by your name that you don't , they can be a lifesaver, especially the low-calorie bagel. Even on a DD, you can have one for breakfast for under 100 calories.

I hope you figure out what WOE works best for you. Posting on this board seems to substantially increase the likelihood of success for just about everyone, so you're already well on your way!
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
sometimes it is so hard to know that right path to take. we are here! bounce all your ideas off of us!
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:35 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Healthy Life brand WW english muffins have only 80 cals. That plus an eggbeater omelet would not run you more than 110 cals and would make a substantial breakfast, or any meal. I get the muffins at Kroger.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
LCL! I know how frustrating it is. I'm glad you popped in, and I hope you'll find your way back to a plan that is workable for you. Higher DDs is how I lost most of my weight too, and I'm doing them again. Between 500 and 600.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Awe, thanks guys. I have been stuck, but I think I will come back. I just have to remember how great I was doing and how loose my pants were getting. I had gone out and bought new pants... now I cannot fit in them.
My old pants are right again too.

I will try to start again tomorrow. I just don't ave any support in the real world. Everyone I trying to get me to eat even when I say no. I tried to start over last week and made it one day. Then my son (who just turned 7) made me a crepe and begged me to eat it. He was almost in tears. I ate it and was off for the rest of the day.

Well, here's to tomorrow...
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #13

Well, I have to say that is one super-sweet 7 year old. Who could say no to that? Not I.

You can do it LCL! We're all here supporting you!
Old 04-12-2014, 06:41 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You got this!!!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Good luck getting restarted! The hardest part is getting started for me (I hope). I would agree with some of the comments regarding higher DDs, I lost 60lbs (from a v high 280 start!), doing DDs of c. 600- 700, and only roughly counting UDs. I was LC unless having a UUAD!

Dee

Last edited by brehede; 04-12-2014 at 01:08 PM..
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Awe, thanks guys. I have been stuck, but I think I will come back. I just have to remember how great I was doing and how loose my pants were getting. I had gone out and bought new pants... now I cannot fit in them.
My old pants are right again too.

I will try to start again tomorrow. I just don't ave any support in the real world. Everyone I trying to get me to eat even when I say no. I tried to start over last week and made it one day. Then my son (who just turned 7) made me a crepe and begged me to eat it. He was almost in tears. I ate it and was off for the rest of the day.

Well, here's to tomorrow...
Awww It sounds like your family knows you're struggling and just want to make you happy. I think it has to be okay to ditch a DD now and then, whether you forsake losing a lb that week or not. This is life, and life throws curves. JUDDD forgives.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:47 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hi there I am starting over too and know how you feel. You can do this with the higher DD and all the support of all these beautiful Ladys. By the way I could not turn your son down either. Good Luck
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:06 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
The trick is to eat the crepe then return to DD (not easy I know). The lifestyle change is, when the people around you keep pushing high-calorie foods, concentrate on when & to whom to say I'll eat it tomorrow, when & to whom to say No but thank you for offering, and when to just eat it (also not easy, but necessary).

I believe you can do it!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:00 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shpongle
Stats: 5'7 226/226/154 age: 20
Start Date: Re-start December 2014
Hi, LCL

I understand this so much, I'm also having trouble with my DD's, I haven't been dieting for a while now, all my clothes that were loose on me are tight and uncomfortable :-( So I'm back on the JUDDD horse !

We can do this!
Shpongle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #20

Good to see you back too, Lia!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
I too am STRUGGLING.. it has been so hard.. I just don't know why..
I hope to get inspiration here reading about ways to have low calories and not feel like I am still starving..
I liked the idea of the 80 calorie English muffin with the egg beaters but I have wheat issues and need to use something else. all the gluten free stuff is SOOO high in calories.. ugh, good luck and I hope you and I both get some inspiration to get back on track..
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #22

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Did you reverse into the 360kcals from a higher level? Monica (ZipptoPlay) has rarely done lower DDs for much of her journey with JUDDD because eating <600-700kcals triggered hypoglycaemic episodes iirc. She opted for higher DDs because of this and has still evicted her body fat: she didn't reverse into numbers that were lower than 600kcals until she started supplementing pterostilbene (comparatively recently) and was surprised to learn that she experienced not only some appetite suppression but no adverse symptoms. (That was a while ago and I haven't checked to see if this still works for her.)

She is right. I lost most of my weight utilizing a higher DD than most on here. I never go below 500c and do a range of 600-800c instead. I have put on weight recently (but that had nothing to do with my DD's). I am back and am allowing myself that same range. I simply can't function like most here, not eating anything till Dinner. It doesn't work for me, especially on work days. I do better on weekend days. There are some DD's that due to my body, I make 1000c as the total for the day. So I fluxtuate often. I do try to stick really close to my UD calories. I try not to do UUAD's. Not sure that helps, but it does seem to work for me.

Have you considered maybe trying 4:3 with fixed DD's? I know some do that here and it works for them.

GLad to see you decided to stay. I honestly think no ONE diet works for all, but I do feel, OF THEM ALL JUDDD can typically be structured to where it CAN work for most!

I also don't use the pterostilbene anymore.

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendajm View Post
I too am STRUGGLING.. it has been so hard.. I just don't know why..
I hope to get inspiration here reading about ways to have low calories and not feel like I am still starving..
I liked the idea of the 80 calorie English muffin with the egg beaters but I have wheat issues and need to use something else. all the gluten free stuff is SOOO high in calories.. ugh, good luck and I hope you and I both get some inspiration to get back on track..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
She is right. I lost most of my weight utilizing a higher DD than most on here. I never go below 500c and do a range of 600-800c instead. I have put on weight recently (but that had nothing to do with my DD's). I am back and am allowing myself that same range. I simply can't function like most here, not eating anything till Dinner. It doesn't work for me, especially on work days. I do better on weekend days. There are some DD's that due to my body, I make 1000c as the total for the day. So I fluxtuate often. I do try to stick really close to my UD calories. I try not to do UUAD's. Not sure that helps, but it does seem to work for me.

Have you considered maybe trying 4:3 with fixed DD's? I know some do that here and it works for them.

GLad to see you decided to stay. I honestly think no ONE diet works for all, but I do feel, OF THEM ALL JUDDD can typically be structured to where it CAN work for most!

I also don't use the pterostilbene anymore.
You know, the longer I'm Juddding, the more I change the way I do it. I have found that some DDs, I am truly super hungry and NEED more calories. So I eat! (novel idea, right?) Other times, I can go with just a latte, or uber low calorie, and that's fabulous. I think, just listen to your body and be kind to it. If you need to eat a little more, do it!
Old 04-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
You know, the longer I'm Juddding, the more I change the way I do it. I have found that some DDs, I am truly super hungry and NEED more calories. So I eat! (novel idea, right?) Other times, I can go with just a latte, or uber low calorie, and that's fabulous. I think, just listen to your body and be kind to it. If you need to eat a little more, do it!
I agree with Melinda!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #25
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I have had some luck with the eating pattern Krista Varady suggests in her book. She says to eat a 100 calorie "snack" and then a 400 calorie dinner (which can be pretty close to normal).

What I have been doing is packing a big bowl full of greens and low cal veggies with a Lf sf dressing from Maple Grove Farms for lunch at work. The whole bowl comes in at 103 calories and I feel like I am eating a normal lunch. I try to put it off until 1:00-2:00 if I can so the evening is a little easier. Then a regular dinner with my family. I can even eat out if I am careful.

Michael Mosely suggests eating breakfast, skipping lunch and eating dinner. If you would rather do a lower cal dinner, you could still do the 100 calorie salad for lunch.

I also don't do very low DDs. I have *at least* 500, often closer to 750. As long as it keeps working, I'll keep doing it.

7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won! 9/14/14- Title 9K- I won! 11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K- I won! 12/7/14- Jinglebell Rock 5K- I won!
2/7/15 - Together Love Run 5K, 3/22/15- She is Beautiful 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #26
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Oh look! Maple Grove turned blue. I had no idea Netrition sold their products. My favorite dressing is the SF Raspberry Vinaigrette.

I sometimes feel guilty recommending things people may not be able to find, but there it is. The price is about the same as my grocery too.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Flutter, this is exactly what I do and its working well, so far. I eat when I'm sure that my body is asking for food. When I'm hungry. Its so simple yet hard to do. I'm finding the longer I do it, like most things, the easier it is.

When I was doing strict rotations, on DD's I was stressing over keeping my calories low. UD's I stressed over reaching the number that sometimes felt like too much food for me.

LCL, one important thing I've learned here from all these lovely people is that no one does it exactly alike. And we encourage and support you no matter what you are doing. So just stick around while you are working it all out. And we never have it all worked out. Its a lifelong process.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote