Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Ferk, I hope you don't feel like we're ganging up on you! That was not my intention and, I'm sure, is not the intention of anyone here. Your thoughts are welcome and as valid as anyone else's. And if JUDDDing and HDE don't sync up for you because you feel "diety" on DDs, then by all means, don't do it! Not yet anyway....you may change your mind on down the road.

I do get where you're coming from. In the beginning, JUDDD feels amazingly free on UDs, but consists of some pretty serious restriction on DDs. Very different from anything most people have ever tried. And DDs can be quite challenging, even after you've been doing it for awhile. But once it's ingrained, mostly it feels like no big deal, which is where I was coming from in my response.

And Christina, thanks for the reminder that Dr. Johnson suggests not counting on UDs. I guess I have blocked that out because when I read it I was feeling very restricted by my calorie counts and thought "Yeah right, like I will ever come even near as low as 1750 calories if I don't count." Now, I don't know where I come in, but I'm betting that some UDs are right around there or even lower. Some are higher, I'm sure.

Great post. We did not mean anything against your thoughts, Ferk. We have been doing JUDDD for a long time now, so I think we look at it a bit differently. If I was just starting out, I would just follow JUDDD and not try anything else.

I think that asking yourself if you really are hungry or if you are eating because of some other factor, then IE thoughts are great to run through your head at any time.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2014, 03:15 PM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
We do have several JUDDDers here who have not counted UDs almost from day one and have been tremendously successful, including getting to and maintaining their goal weight. I'm using them as my role models!
I haven't counted UDs since part way into my first month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
I hadnít realised that the new book didnít specify calories for up days. Iíve never counted them. I donít treat them as a complete free-for-all, but I donít count, or worry about being terribly strict either.
this is exactly how I feel about UD. I eat if I'm hungry- I don't if I'm not or not until I'm hungry.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeanieS
Stats: 275/245/size12 (44 yrs/5'8"/size20)
WOE: LC 4/4-5/27/14 lost 17, JUDDD 5/28/14 258/245
Start Date: 4/4/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I haven't counted UDs since part way into my first month.

this is exactly how I feel about UD. I eat if I'm hungry- I don't if I'm not or not until I'm hungry.
So glad I ran across this because even after just a week on JUDDD, I usually don't feel like trying to get all the calories my UD says I should have (2268) because I'm full. I'm closer to 1500-1700 and have wondered if this would mean slow weight loss. It's kinda reverse psychology I guess. If I *have* to eat more then I don't wanna LOL. We humans are goofy! Anyway, I don't really want to have to count up days. Glad to see it's working just fine for those of you who have been doing this awhile.
DeanieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
After I read the book I took a 2 month break from JUDDD and did just HDE. Last week I decided to give it a try again to see if I could control my UDs. It seems to be working like a charm. I've had no urges to overeat so far. The principles in "Skinny Jeans" are excellent for both UDs and DDs.
CarolinaCoast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast View Post
After I read the book I took a 2 month break from JUDDD and did just HDE. Last week I decided to give it a try again to see if I could control my UDs. It seems to be working like a charm. I've had no urges to overeat so far. The principles in "Skinny Jeans" are excellent for both UDs and DDs.
So happy to hear this, you are doing so well
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 161/159/120
WOE: juddd
Start Date: September 8, 2014
oh! I have that book on my ipad! I should definitely reread! Thanks for the rec!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote