Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Hi Anonymousity! back! You're doing great and losing several pounds after the first DD is so motivating, even if you know it's mostly water. The water has to come off first, and then the real fun begins. Good luck!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Welcome back. Congrats on a solid first DD.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
back Anon! KUTGW!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 193.0/193.0/125
WOE: Stillmans.
Thanks for the warm welcomes, LoCarbGal, cici52 & Carly!
Anonymousity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Anon!!! Back!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Havefaith- this is a late answer, but I didn't see anyone else address it: I'm 5"8, 49yrs, and was ~202, so I think we have each started JUDDD about the same. I have been JUDDDing for 13 months now(in my first maintenance) and my average weight loss was one pound per week. It went in spurts, though. I would hover around the same weights for a couple of weeks, then shoot down, then hover again for two or three weeks.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Bump for all the April newbies.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I have been too scarce lately, but wanted to welcome all the new peeps! April is a great month to start Juddding!! Spring, spring!!! Fresh starts and all.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:49 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/163.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Just reading and checking in on the newbies!!
You all seem to be doing so well!
I am so glad you are here.
P
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shar
Stats: 172/158/140
Start Date: March 2014
I have a question. When people put their stats what are the different weights I'm seeing? Curious.
shar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mine are: starting weight/current weight (or lowest average weight)/original goal weight

Last edited by Flutter; 04-15-2014 at 07:41 AM..
Old 04-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #72

Yep, that's what I put too.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #73

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Same here.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Havefaith9
Stats: HW: 217 199.5/188.5/145
Start Date: April 2014
April JUDDD newbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Havefaith- this is a late answer, but I didn't see anyone else address it: I'm 5"8, 49yrs, and was ~202, so I think we have each started JUDDD about the same. I have been JUDDDing for 13 months now(in my first maintenance) and my average weight loss was one pound per week. It went in spurts, though. I would hover around the same weights for a couple of weeks, then shoot down, then hover again for two or three weeks.
Ty Sirtain. I went off course in a big way the last two days. I lost so well the first week or two and then went to counting calories instead of carbs and I'm back up to 194.5 now. I would prefer to just count calories but I'm afraid I'm so insulin resistant I can't lose that way. I also knocked myself out of ketosis.

Is anyone doing JUDDD and just counting carbs? Or should I just hang on with counting calories. I'm so impatient but I'm not giving up this woe yet.

Thanks for info.

Last edited by Havefaith9; 04-15-2014 at 10:25 AM..
Havefaith9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #75
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: l'autour
Stats: 213/206/165
WOE: Keto
Start Date: September 2014
This is my sixth day on JUDDD, my third down day. I have never ever felt this good on a new eating plan. Not even low carb felt this good. And the first time I did a low calorie diet when I was a kid, I was in the depths of despair due to the hunger and deprivation. I've been scared of low calorie all these years because of that and I have NO IDEA why these Down Days are not bothering me at all the same way low calorie restriction usually did. Can anyone explain why that sense of deprivation isn't there, why there aren't hunger headaches?

Also, I just have to say, the people here are really educated and inspiring and I love your smiling faces in your pictures. I feel happy here.

I actually love JUDDD, is it weird to love a diet? It's just that, and I may be talking too much now, but this way of eating fits the way I've naturally always liked to eat but I was told I was wrong.

- I love breakfast foods but I never liked eating a big breakfast in the morning. But everyone says breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I usually feel the need for fluids early but not food.

- Many times I haven't eaten anything until the sun starts to set. I've been told this is disordered eating but on JUDDD it works perfectly.

- I don't like eating small meals throughout the day or grazing on foods, I eat a big meal and leave it at that. But most diets say you should eat throughout the day, even every three hours, which was torture to me.

- I'm a night-time eater and often eat all of my meals between 4pm and midnight, drink fluids until 2am, go to sleep and wake up at 9am (I'm disabled and don't work although I do have school). Needless to say, my eating schedule has always made me feel completely out of sorts with the rest of society but it works on JUDDD.

Basically, I feel like many other diets, particularly low calorie diets, both force you to deprive yourself AND force you to eat when you don't want. But this way is flexible, or at least I think so.
l'autour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havefaith9 View Post
Ty Sirtain. I went off course in a big way the last two days. I lost so well the first week or two and then went to counting calories instead of carbs and I'm back up to 194.5 now. I would prefer to just count calories but I'm afraid I'm so insulin resistant I can't lose that way. I also knocked myself out of ketosis.

Is anyone doing JUDDD and just counting carbs? Or should I just hang on with counting calories. I'm so impatient but I'm not giving up this woe yet.

Thanks for info.
When I first started JUDDD, I came over from Atkins and counted calories and carbs. With an online counter or an app, it's pretty simple. But I will say, many many of us felt we were insulin resistant and either may not have actually been, or it improved after doing JUDDD for a time. I learned I could lose just as well eating carbs as when I controlled them, on JUDDD. I'm glad you're not giving up! It really is worth the effort and the time it takes to get going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l'autour View Post
This is my sixth day on JUDDD, my third down day. I have never ever felt this good on a new eating plan. Not even low carb felt this good. And the first time I did a low calorie diet when I was a kid, I was in the depths of despair due to the hunger and deprivation. I've been scared of low calorie all these years because of that and I have NO IDEA why these Down Days are not bothering me at all the same way low calorie restriction usually did. Can anyone explain why that sense of deprivation isn't there, why there aren't hunger headaches?

Also, I just have to say, the people here are really educated and inspiring and I love your smiling faces in your pictures. I feel happy here.

I actually love JUDDD, is it weird to love a diet? It's just that, and I may be talking too much now, but this way of eating fits the way I've naturally always liked to eat but I was told I was wrong.

- I love breakfast foods but I never liked eating a big breakfast in the morning. But everyone says breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I usually feel the need for fluids early but not food.

- Many times I haven't eaten anything until the sun starts to set. I've been told this is disordered eating but on JUDDD it works perfectly.

- I don't like eating small meals throughout the day or grazing on foods, I eat a big meal and leave it at that. But most diets say you should eat throughout the day, even every three hours, which was torture to me.

- I'm a night-time eater and often eat all of my meals between 4pm and midnight, drink fluids until 2am, go to sleep and wake up at 9am (I'm disabled and don't work although I do have school). Needless to say, my eating schedule has always made me feel completely out of sorts with the rest of society but it works on JUDDD.

Basically, I feel like many other diets, particularly low calorie diets, both force you to deprive yourself AND force you to eat when you don't want. But this way is flexible, or at least I think so.
Your post just makes me so happy, l'autour! I don't think it's strange to love this WOE. I do too! And it sounds like your own personal eating habit really do fit perfectly. One thing I've learned as I've gotten older: lots of people (even experts) will tell you things are wrong, disordered, unhealthy. But they most likely don't know what the heck they're talking about. Do what feels right for your body, and what gives you the results you're looking for. I'm glad for you that it is JUDDD!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Thanks for info.
I've never counted carbs on Juddd, just calories, so I can't really add anything. I hope you don't have to bother and that you're not really insulin resistant afterall!

Quote:

Like LCG said, everyone has an opinion, and I suppose some of thsoe other diet plans work for plenty of folks. Not for me, though. I love Juddd and have since day 1. I'm glad you're enjoying it, too! Speaking of smiling photos, loving yours girl! Welcome to you!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:03 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monkeypenny
Stats: 157/155/130 (age: 38)
WOE: JUDDD (it works if you stick to it. Well, if... )
Start Date: 16/04/2014 - just another restart :)
Hi all!
So how are all the newbies doing? How do you feel after your first DDs?

I've just restarted JUDDD after a one-month break from dieting. And I really, really needed that break!! I feel so focused and motivated now and as there are no "special days" for me in the next few weeks (no birthdays, no dinners at work, ...) I can totally concentrate on sticking to JUDDD rotations and numbers. And I will!
Monkeypenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:30 AM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Thanks for info.
I was counting carbs for the first month and then just dove into carbs after 1 month on juddd. I never looked back and it been 2 years since I counted a carb. Everyone is different though.
Quote:

I love juddd fo some of the same reasons you mentioned. I hope it continues to be a great fit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypenny View Post
Hi all!

I've just restarted JUDDD after a one-month break from dieting. And I really, really needed that break!! I feel so focused and motivated now and as there are no "special days" for me in the next few weeks (no birthdays, no dinners at work, ...) I can totally concentrate on sticking to JUDDD rotations and numbers. And I will!
I'm glad you are back!!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:45 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ab_54
Stats: 304/225/220 6'2. 34 y.o.
WOE: Modified 4:3 using JUDDD restrictions
Start Date: JUDDD 4.17.14
I'm doing the switch from LC to JUDDD today....hope to get to know y'all and experience success...
ab_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:53 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monkeypenny
Stats: 157/155/130 (age: 38)
WOE: JUDDD (it works if you stick to it. Well, if... )
Start Date: 16/04/2014 - just another restart :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I'm glad you are back!!
Thank you, so am I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_54 View Post
I'm doing the switch from LC to JUDDD today....hope to get to know y'all and experience success...
Welcome!
Don't worry if you gain a little, in the beginning. This could happen, but that's only water weight, totally normal and will be gone within a few DDs.
Monkeypenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:01 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Welcome, Monkeypenny.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #83

Welcome back MP! I know just what you mean about needing a break! I just came back from about a month off at the beginning of April too. Much needed mentally, and I think physically too.

Welcome ab_54! I'm glad you've decided to join us. It's true, you might have some temporary gains coming of LC, but then you'll probably hit the ground running. Guys really seem to take to JUDDD. Good luck!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypenny View Post
Hi all!

Welcome back!!

Quote:
Welcome!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
! I'm sure you will do great!!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome everyone!! I think I've "talked" to some of you in other threads, but wanted to officially say welcome to JUDDD here too.

l'autour, it's so nice to see that you're already loving JUDDD. It really is the best diet ever.

ab_54, pleased to see that you decided to jump on in!

Welcome back, Moneypenny!! I'm glad you enjoyed your break and are refreshed and ready to start anew.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 04-17-2014 at 05:23 PM..
Old 04-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for all the welcomes!! I am still enjoying JUDDD. The unexpected thing is I enjoy the down days so much more than the up days. I have to admit that on my up days I don't prioritize eating healthy or balanced. I eat meals but also more treats. I stay under TDEE and I've never gone over 500 on a down day, but I feel guilty or like I'm eating wrong. Whereas everything is simple on down days.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:43 PM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

Are you eating up to your UD calories, l'autour? That is important, even if you feel it is too much. Some believe if you cut calories, you may end up having to eat lower and lower to maintain in the end. I agree, though, DDs are much simpler!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #89
Junior LCF Member

No I haven't been and I'm scared to. My TDEE is 1999, but I have my limit set to 1725, because 1725/500 would average 1200 per day and I'm scared to go over that. To be honest, I'm worried about eating even that much and only managed to get close on one up day. Tomorrow is another up day and i don't know what to do.

But I'd much rather lose more slowly than do anything to make maintenance harder! I'm just scared if I eat more I won't lose at all.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 41 pounds down (with LC IF), 102 more to lose.
Start Date: March 16th 2014 reset:12/1/14
Hello Friends I'm blabbing!

I have been on LC exactly 1 month and wow the mental difference since I have cut out sugar and starch. I have been busy cutting out negative things and working on thinking positively and thinking GOOD of myself. It's been wonderful.

I figured out pretty quick I can't do Atkins 72 long term. I love veggies way too much, like meat way too little, and enjoy fruit immensely.
Ofcourse, it wasn't fruits and veggies that got me fat - now was it? lol

I started JUDD on April 10th. Today is my 4th DD, and I'll admit - I am struggling somewhat on DD's. I have to cook for my family so the temptation is there 3x a day plus snacks.

Today I ate a OMM with cream cheese and sf jelly - that was probably close to 400 calories there. Then I ate a large salad with 1 egg and 1 mini bell pepper and 1 tblspn of ranch and a sprinking of cheese...I'm guessing that was probably 300 calories, and then I ate a hot dog 170 calories.
So I am over my 645 calorie as suggested (I've just been doing 500) by a little over 200 calories...Its still a deficit!
It's nothing worth beating myself up over - right? I am horrible at counting calories and carbs. I've never really done it!

I find this all mentally taxing with so much going on IRL - but I am trying.
Thinking of just fasting all day like Carly suggested and eating at night before bed.

So far, I actually love JUDDD. It makes all LC food sound delicious! I don't get a chance to think "Ahh, an omelette really?" instead its like "Yum. Tomorrow I am making an omelette!" even though they are totally not my fave food.

I am sticking sugar free and low carb. I am allowing myself fruit when I want it (in moderation. On my UD it was 1/3 banana, 1/2 green apple, about 1 cup cantelope chunks).
Tomorrow I am thinking an omellette w/ veggies and cheese, and dinner I may splurge and eat some tortilla chips with my lettuce tacos, watermelon for dessert.

I am not counting calories on my UD - I am just trying to not get too crazy. Yesterday on my UD I was still in ketosis at the end of the night. Today I have been also.

I won't weigh until April 24th - 6 week weigh in! - but I am hoping I am not sabotaging myself by trying to get the best of both worlds.
For sweets I can eat anything as long as it is sugar free, but preferably fruit.

I feel like I am losing nicely.

Any pointers?
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote