Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 01:42 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLiza View Post
Slow, I got to see this last night! Moment after moment of pure aural gorgeousness. Rudolfo gets my vote as best performer; however, I especially enjoyed Marcello's performance. I thought he was a standout.

Most mystifying to me was why the principal cast took a curtain call after the first act. have I missed out on some trend?

Cosi fan tutti in 2 weeks!
It was such a good production and cast: the vibrant cafe scene will stay with me for some time. The curtain call after Act 1 surprised me (I'd not seen it at other productions from the Met) but I didn't know if they'd done it because of the Mimi stand-in and to acknowledge all of the Principals who'd had to turn out to work on the staging, blocking etc. with her in order to go ahead with the performance.

I've been looking forward to Cosi fan Tutti for months.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 01:55 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
SlowSure- I love seeing your progress. Having long-term successes like you on the board is so inspiring.
I've got so much from this board and kept going because of the maintainers here such as Dawn, Carly, Cindy, Nancy and those who pop in from time to time like Joely (?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Congrats, Slow!!! If anyone "deserves" success it would be you, with all your research and your unfailing support for the rest of us.
You're very generous: thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Wow, Slow! You have done brilliantly, and I'm so happy for you! Thank you for always being here to support the rest of us as we push closer and closer to the goal line.
You and the others have been so unfailingly supportive and level-headed in leading by example that it did encourage me to believe that I should continue and just accept the achingly slow losses and celebrate the 'not-gaining' of weight rather than bewailing its tortoise loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Awesome!! I'm so happy for you! 116!!! (And jealous )
We just made plans to visit my parents for the first time. We are going the last week in May. We are being brave right now ...

I love them, but my mom's OCD is a little over the top for me. That is saying a lot, because I'm pretty OCD myself.
I remember for so long that I would see your numbers, Kissa/Cindy's, Nancy's and Flossyliz's and I'd think, "That's fabulous. But I'd never be able to do that, so I'll be pleased if I can make 130lbs". I think all of you have made the implausible seem practical and achievable.

Good luck with the visit - I read the account of sitting on the floor and not being able to touch anything and felt overwhelmed by even attempting to comprehend the emotional overhead that would entail.

August 2014 In March I had a DXA scan which revealed very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:45 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The various asthma posts - yes, it's a weird disease with a vast number of contributory triggers. (The very weird presentations can involve asthma and allergy. Eg, people who only ever develop an allergy to pistachios/other foodstuffs after a bout of exercise-induced asthma but are not allergic at other times.)

A few years ago the Lancet had a very good editorial that effectively argued that there may be a point at which asthma is so divergent that in the future it will be considered as useless a label as 'Fever' in previous times that covered sepsis, TB, Scarletina etc.
Quote:
The general consensus now emerging is that, even in adults, asthma is unlikely to be a single disease entity....perhaps, asthma as a symptom is really only the clinical manifestation of several distinct diseases. As Martinez explains, until the 19th century fever was regarded as a disease and maybe in 20, 30, or 50 years' time we will look back at asthma in the same way.
So why wait? Rather than confusing scientists, doctors, and patients even further, is it not time to step out of the straightjacket of a seemingly unifying name that has outlived its usefulness? The conclusion should surely be that it is best to abolish the term asthma altogether. A plea to abandon asthma as a disease concept
Quote:
Although drug companies have been looking for a “golden bullet” that will treat everyone with asthma, he notes, the answer will be in much more specific and less profitable approaches. “Asthma is heterogeneous, and there are many different forms of the disease. In fact, sometimes I tell audiences that, you know, until very late in the 19th century fever was considered a disease. The same probably will be said about asthma 20 or 30 or 50 years from now”, Martinez told The Lancet. “Those of us who treat asthma know that it's very different in each person”, he adds. “It's almost as if each person is an n of one.” [Martinez]

Last edited by SlowSure; 04-11-2014 at 02:47 AM..
Old 04-11-2014, 06:09 AM   #244
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/213/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
That is very interesting information on asthma. I think it would do patients well if it was seen as a symptom of something else, rather than the end disease itself.

My doctor seemed almost relieved when he got the "right" answers to enough questions that he could diagnose "asthma" rather than keep digging. He just said, "Oh, that's asthma. Some people just develop it. Here's a script for an inhaler."

The same thing happened to my son.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Slow, congratulations on your weight losses!! You also give me hope that tho I left JUDDD for a while, I can still get back to rotations & still lose!

I've been super busy the past 2 days, so I have lots to catch up on here. I will take time tomorrow(I hope!) to write in my journal here to update.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brainardt
Stats: 212/195/170 (1st goal) 5'8" 27 y.o
Start Date: January 31, 2014
Hi all! I have been in Florida vacationing/visiting my parents the past 2 weeks and haven't been able to keep up with you all! (Or fasting, ha!) Fly back home tomorrow morning & get back to JUDDDing on Monday! SO ready for a good DD (or several) to get back on track. I don't even want to weigh and see the damage I've caused in these two weeks!

Hope everyone is well & trucking along nicely!
brainardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #247
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Welcome back Toni! How was the vacation?

My new microwave is in, it fits so perfectly and looks great! And now I have a couple extra feet of counter space - so excited!

It's a beautiful morning. Probably going to hit the low 90's today. Everything is blooming and green and the birds are singing. I love Saturdays!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainardt View Post
Hi all! I have been in Florida vacationing/visiting my parents the past 2 weeks and haven't been able to keep up with you all! (Or fasting, ha!) Fly back home tomorrow morning & get back to JUDDDing on Monday! SO ready for a good DD (or several) to get back on track. I don't even want to weigh and see the damage I've caused in these two weeks!

Hope everyone is well & trucking along nicely!
Welcome back, Toni! You'll be back in the swing of things before you know it!!

Quote:

My new microwave is in, it fits so perfectly and looks great! And now I have a couple extra feet of counter space - so excited!

It's a beautiful morning. Probably going to hit the low 90's today. Everything is blooming and green and the birds are singing. I love Saturdays!
If your kitchen is as small as mine, an extra couple of feet of counter space is a BIG deal!!

Your weather sounds like what we are getting here. What's not to love!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:

It is amazing weather here, too. 70's, but hey- it's a huge improvement from 20's. We went walking at the track for over an hour and then walked downtown for over 2 hours. It is just so lovely, but TOM just showed up again and now I'm tired.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #250
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
It was a beautiful day here too. My sister was here briefly for her son and dil's baby shower, and I was able to visit with her for a very short time this afternoon. I had not seen her in a year! Time passes so quickly...We didn't go to the shower, as it's over 2 hours one way to get there, and I didn't feel like being on the road for 5 hours, nor trying to find somewhere to board the animals so we could spend the night...anyway, just glad I got a chance to see her, and my nephew--another one of her sons. He is in a new relationship and I was also able to meet his new beau. Very interesting fellow--he is a professional opera singer (baritone) and is joining a opera house in Houston, TX in August. My nephew has also gotten a job as head engineer for a software firm in TX. He has been in London for 8 years, so it will be a huge change.

Nice to hear that everyone seems to be having a great Saturday. One more day to relax still!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

*like* *like* *like*
Old 04-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Dueling birthdays

Tomorrow is both my boys' birthday. I tell my husband that the monkey was the best birthday present he'll ever get, don't expect me to ever top that because I can't.
The young one will be 4, the old one will be <cough, ahem, grumble, grumble>...
We had the monkey's birthday party today. This is his first party with friends. We invited all the kids in his preschool and 2 outside friends. We had 8 kids, plus him, so it was a good crowd. The party was at the railroad museum and I'm pretty sure the kids all had a good time. They have a really cool display of historic stuff and a really nice collection of books. They also have a huge wooden train set the kids adore, a huge diorama with several G-gauge (the big ones) trains running. Then they have a separate set up with 2 O-gauge (about 1/2 the size of the G) done so the kids push a button and the train makes 1 circuit of the track. That one is done up like New York and even has a subway car! We only had it for 1.5 hours, since they're 3 & 4 year olds and they played the whole time. A few stayed later (which was okay) and one little girl even cried when it was time to go, poor darling. The monkey was thrilled with the day and all the kids seemed to have fun so I suppose that is really the most important thing.
He did tell me he wanted a train cake to go with his train party. So we went to the grocery store and I'm all set to order him a Thomas the Train cake. No, he wants a REAL train cake, not a Thomas cake. Um, okay. So I made him a train cake. I am so NOT the "Pintrest Mom" but this is what I ended up with. The kids seemed happy.
Their actual birthday is tomorrow. Hubby requested a Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake. So that's in the freezer. Needless to say, calories are not being counted this week-end. Grandpa will probably come up and we'll probably go out to dinner. There is a local restaurant that has a train (yep, another train) that runs around the ceiling and the monkey loves to eat there.
Years ago there was a restaurant in Seattle called "The Iron Horse" and they delivered your food order via model train. It shut down about 10 years ago but, man, he would have LOVED that place!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg traincake.jpg (58.0 KB, 13 views)

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Tomorrow is both my boys' birthday. I tell my husband that the monkey was the best birthday present he'll ever get, don't expect me to ever top that because I can't.
The young one will be 4, the old one will be <cough, ahem, grumble, grumble>...
We had the monkey's birthday party today. This is his first party with friends. We invited all the kids in his preschool and 2 outside friends. We had 8 kids, plus him, so it was a good crowd. The party was at the railroad museum and I'm pretty sure the kids all had a good time. They have a really cool display of historic stuff and a really nice collection of books. They also have a huge wooden train set the kids adore, a huge diorama with several G-gauge (the big ones) trains running. Then they have a separate set up with 2 O-gauge (about 1/2 the size of the G) done so the kids push a button and the train makes 1 circuit of the track. That one is done up like New York and even has a subway car! We only had it for 1.5 hours, since they're 3 & 4 year olds and they played the whole time. A few stayed later (which was okay) and one little girl even cried when it was time to go, poor darling. The monkey was thrilled with the day and all the kids seemed to have fun so I suppose that is really the most important thing.
He did tell me he wanted a train cake to go with his train party. So we went to the grocery store and I'm all set to order him a Thomas the Train cake. No, he wants a REAL train cake, not a Thomas cake. Um, okay. So I made him a train cake. I am so NOT the "Pintrest Mom" but this is what I ended up with. The kids seemed happy.
Their actual birthday is tomorrow. Hubby requested a Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake. So that's in the freezer. Needless to say, calories are not being counted this week-end. Grandpa will probably come up and we'll probably go out to dinner. There is a local restaurant that has a train (yep, another train) that runs around the ceiling and the monkey loves to eat there.
Years ago there was a restaurant in Seattle called "The Iron Horse" and they delivered your food order via model train. It shut down about 10 years ago but, man, he would have LOVED that place!
Awesome cake!!! Tell monkey & DH ""!! I made a train cake for my middle son when he was about the age of your son. I made individual mini loaf cakes, 1 for each car. He loved it & that's all that matters, right? Your cake is so cute!!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:32 AM   #254
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Sounds like you made it a perfect day for your DS, Jen!!! I hope today is wonderful too for your DH and all of you.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:42 AM   #255
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Cindy, sounds like a good day. How exciting about the new job and the opera singing SO!

Yennie, we could totally be twins! One of Keira's favorite trips is when we take the Amtrak up to Sacramento and go to the train museum. We've done this a few times and always have a wonderful time. My great grandfather was an engineer in the "old west" and it seems to run in our blood. My brother is an aeronautical engineer (he's the smart one) and we joke that he got it from greatGF. Our favorite breakfast spot is called The Train Depot and they have a train that runs around the restaurant, raised up near the rafters. It burned down a while back and we were devastated. They reopened at another location nearly a year later, and it's closer to us, but just not as worn and weathered as the old location, which absolutely added to its charm. We still love it though.

Beautiful cake, and much more creative than anything I could have done! What lucky boys you have, both young and, er ahem grumble grumble.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:01 AM   #256
Big Yapper!!!!

Yennie- I love the cake! to both your guys.

Yesterday I took 18,556 steps for a total of 7.49 miles walked. I burned 1,975 calories. When I started JUDDD at 189lb those were my UD calories with no exercise
Old 04-13-2014, 07:31 AM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

Jen, it sounds like a wonderful train party. And I love that cake - you did a fabulous job! DQ ice cream cake sounds just right for the big boy's BD! to them both!

Another beautiful day here today. It must be Bird Central around here right now. I can hear sparrows, mockingbirds, doves, quail, a woodpecker pecking at something (better not be my house. They're so dumb you can sometimes hear them pecking at the metal light poles. ), and I can actually hear a peacock's call. About 1/4 mile away some folks have them, and when the conditions are right I can hear them calling. Lovely background music!

I think I'll get my coffee and sit outside and read for awhile this morning before it gets too hot.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-13-2014, 08:30 AM   #258
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm totally moving to Arizona!!!!
I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit and then go walk at the track. Maybe in 45 minutes or so.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yesterday I took 18,556 steps for a total of 7.49 miles walked. I burned 1,975 calories. When I started JUDDD at 189lb those were my UD calories with no exercise
That's pretty awesome Carly! What a difference, huh?

Thanks for the kind words about the cake. One of the little girl's dad was (kindly) making fun of my straight frosting lines. We were chatting about some of our OCD tendencies, I was re-arranging the water bottles and juice packets because kids had taken some and they were no longer lined up neatly. So, you know, had to fix that. So we started talking about being tidy, no clutter, etc and he pointed out that the frosting lines were pretty straight. I didn't do it on purpose, just lined them up. But it was pretty funny. He's worse than me so it was humorous for him to tease me.

Dawn, I am pleased to hear Keira still likes trains. Everyone tells me he'll outgrow it. Not that I have a lot invested in him liking trains but you know, people told me I'd "outgrow" my horse thing too. Didn't happen
Old 04-13-2014, 09:13 AM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm totally moving to Arizona!!!!
I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit and then go walk at the track. Maybe in 45 minutes or so.
You would love it! And we could have so much fun together.......do I hear SHOPPING????
Old 04-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
this has been the nicest weekend in PA since last october. dare i hope that spring might actually be here?? at long last?

a girl can dream.....
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Glad everyone is having a great weekend....at least the people who posted.

I made a train cake when my son was about that age. I guess times do not change. It was made out of a sheet cake and cut into engine and car shapes. A lot of work, but fun. That would have been about 40 years ago!! I can still picture it.

Having a mix of rain and sun today.

We are going to see a local production of "Showboat" later today. The reviews were quite good. We're looking forward to it.

Here's hoping Spring stays for those in the cold areas.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You would love it! And we could have so much fun together.......do I hear SHOPPING????
You bet!!!!!
Old 04-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Beautiful sunny day here too, almost 70 degrees. Wow Carly I am so impressed with all the walking you do! I wish I could get motivated to walk. For some reason I just hate to do it. I will sometimes, but I never like it.
Thank goodness I love my bike. I can do 7 miles easy on it....does that count? and the weight lifting is going well too. I don't mind doing it at all.

In 6 weeks I'll be in France. I'm so hoping I am able to do all the walking its going to require. Hopefully I'll forget about how much I hate to walk when I am a beautiful place.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:37 PM   #265
Big Yapper!!!!

What is it that you hate so much about walking, Jan? Is it that your knees hurt so much?
Old 04-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #266
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
Beautiful sunny day here too, almost 70 degrees. Wow Carly I am so impressed with all the walking you do! I wish I could get motivated to walk. For some reason I just hate to do it. I will sometimes, but I never like it.
Thank goodness I love my bike. I can do 7 miles easy on it....does that count? and the weight lifting is going well too. I don't mind doing it at all.

In 6 weeks I'll be in France. I'm so hoping I am able to do all the walking its going to require. Hopefully I'll forget about how much I hate to walk when I am a beautiful place.
Having the Fitbit is a huge motivator. I think it has really helped me increase my exercise.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:
What is it that you hate so much about walking, Jan? Is it that your knees hurt so much?
No, they're not hurting now. I'm just afraid they will start in again when I am walking MILES each day like when on vacation last time.

I don't know why I hate it so much. I think because its just BORING!

I ordered a fancy pedometer, but not a Fitbit, from amazon. I had a cheap one when we were on our trip, and surprised myself how much walking we did. Tomorrow I'm going to start walking a mile each day and add a mile a week. Only six more weeks until I head across the pond!

Last edited by JayLynn; 04-13-2014 at 06:28 PM..
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Happy happy to your boys, yennie! BEAUTIFUL cake!!! Oh how fun to have a 4yo, btw. 3 was a hard age at my house...4 was delightful again. ENJOY!!!

Carly, WTG girl!!!!

Lovely weekend here in MI, too. So nice to see the 70s again. Too bad we're going to see the 30s again in the next day or two. Blah. {sigh}
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #269
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Happy happy to your boys, yennie! BEAUTIFUL cake!!! Oh how fun to have a 4yo, btw. 3 was a hard age at my house...4 was delightful again. ENJOY!!!

Carly, WTG girl!!!!

Lovely weekend here in MI, too. So nice to see the 70s again. Too bad we're going to see the 30s again in the next day or two. Blah. {sigh}
Yup, it's going to get cold here again, too. <boo>
Old 04-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Its kind of a sad day for my sport. 4 (that I know of) distance runners died today; 2 in Raleigh, 1 in Galvaston and 1 in London. Young, fit, fast folk. Its heartbreaking anyway but when people you'd otherwise consider "fit" and "healthy" die doing the very thing that is supposed to prolong their life...
And tonight I'm registering hubby & I for the inaugural Rock N Roll Vancouver. They do a discount on the 13th of the month, hence why I am specifically registering us tonight. I did Seattle RnR in 2009 before we moved back to the PNW, and he's doing Seattle this year. Its the only RnR events we've done, and I think it will be fun to get another one in. Plus, ha ha, Vancouver is closer to us than Seattle. Foreign, yes, but closer. As much as anyone up here considers Canada "foreign"
Sad stuff though, heartbreaking for their families and a downer for the sport in general.