Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Tammy, I'm so glad they caught them, and I hope they will get the sentence they deserve. Just awful!

Mike, it sounds like a good system. Pretty laid back and definitely safer that way.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 06:22 AM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
No one was overly aggressive that I talked to and I imagine you could exchange numbers but it is discouraged. They have an online mutual match system that goes live for 10 days after the event. If you are interested in someone you indicate it on the website and if the person you were interested in is also interested then you get notified. But you never see who is interested in you unless you also indicate interest in that person. That way it is safer and if you don't show any interest in someone you also don't need to know they are interested in you. I'm sure some people just click everyone, hoping.
It does sound like fun, and interesting. I like that it doesn't show someone you're interested unless they are as well. It would be embarrassing otherwise lol.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:21 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
I'm sure some people just click everyone, hoping.

I fear this would be me.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #184

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I was sick on Sunday (I'll spare you the details, but it wasn't pretty). I felt fine yesterday. I woke up fine today and got sick right after breakfast. I decided to brave work and ask my coworker to take up any slack. Um, yeah, that didn't happen. He was called in to jury duty. Thankfully another coworker brought me lunch (to eat at my desk, as I haven't had a break yet today and it's going on 3:00 p.m.).

Anyway, it's the weirdest thing. I'm sick (TMI issues), my stomach is upset, I have a fever and raging headache, and yet . . . I'm STARVING! What gives? I've already had 900 calories and nearly 80 grams of protein today, and I'm still ravenous. I'm going to need to have a snack before I take Keira to softball practice after work. Sheesh.

Carry on; I just had to vent.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Hope you feel much better fast.
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #186

Hope you feel much better by now, Dawn. That sounds pretty awful. Your body must be telling you something....but what??
Old 04-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
"Feed me!"

Just obey. It's easier that way.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

Eat. I hope you ate, since it does seem like you needed fuel. Maybe to fight off whatever bug you caught? Feel better, Dawn!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Feel better Dawn!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Dawn~hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
Yes, eat! Don't ignore your body's need for fuel!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:39 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120
Don't know which thread to post this in, so I'll put it here.
I'm having problems with COE on JUDDD. It lead to maintaining a higher weight, and the DDs were killing me. I think the "freedom" on UDs was leading to my COE. I tried to reign it in, but it wasn't working; I was keeping higher carb food for DDs, but then trying to reconcile it with high-fat, high caloric LC food on my UDs was doing my head in.

I've decided to go back to NK. I think it can work for me. I was reading the Calorie Myth, and I think my previous problems with NK was eating too low carb (less than 10g) and doing cardio. It lead to severe fatigue. I think eventually I'll come back to JUDDD for maintenance, because I could maintain easily on it if I'm happy at my current weight. The anxiety from the constant swings fueled my COE.

I'll probably be reading still. I just wanted to say hi without vanishing completely. I'll probably be on the NK forum as well.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:29 AM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
I'm having problems with COE on JUDDD. It lead to maintaining a higher weight, and the DDs were killing me. I think the "freedom" on UDs was leading to my COE. I tried to reign it in, but it wasn't working; I was keeping higher carb food for DDs, but then trying to reconcile it with high-fat, high caloric LC food on my UDs was doing my head in.

I've decided to go back to NK. I think it can work for me. I was reading the Calorie Myth, and I think my previous problems with NK was eating too low carb (less than 10g) and doing cardio. It lead to severe fatigue. I think eventually I'll come back to JUDDD for maintenance, because I could maintain easily on it if I'm happy at my current weight. The anxiety from the constant swings fueled my COE.

I'll probably be reading still. I just wanted to say hi without vanishing completely. I'll probably be on the NK forum as well.
Good luck to you and please pop by to tell us how you are doing,
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:45 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
I'm having problems with COE on JUDDD. ...I think the "freedom" on UDs was leading to my COE. I tried to reign it in, but it wasn't working;
Good luck, Kwerp. Altho' some people with a history of eating disorders have fared OK with JUDDD, it is something that Dr Johnson cautions people about and the experience of some people would agree with the notion that restriction doesn't always sit well with them. Treat your body and mind with the compassion that they need to manage your COE:
Quote:
We all need the waters of the Mercy River. Though they don’t run deep, there’s usually enough, just enough, for the extravagance of our lives. ~ Jonis Agee

Last edited by SlowSure; 04-09-2014 at 04:46 AM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:57 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Feel better Dawn! Definitely something going around.

Just wanted to check in. Arrangements have been made. Services are Thursday and Friday so I'll probably check back in Monday. Have a good weekend!
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:48 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My heartfelt best wishes to Lisa and others who are going through such difficult times.

Just as a quick update - it's nothing sinister but I need to have some of the blood work re-drawn for the sarcopenia investigation labs. I think it's because I bruise very readily so the phlebotomist probably traumatised the skin and site enough to throw off some enzyme readings. As yet, I don't have a date for the re-draw. So, I have no results and won't for some time as it's getting tricky to schedule things with so many people on leave for childcare reasons over the Easter School Holidays.

The replacement windows haven't been installed as yet - so we're waiting on a date for that. (Front door window and the window adjacent to it broke 4 weeks ago.)

All in all, I'm a tad snarky and wishing that it was time for a temporary vacation from everything taking much longer than it should.

It's all very trivial compared to what's happening in other people's lives, I know.

Dec 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:51 AM   #197

My thoughts continue to be with you and your family Lisa.

Kwerp, whatever you have to do, I know you'll make it work, and tame that beast!

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I feel a bit better today, but had to shop for fairly bland, high(ish) protein foods to take to work for the rest of the week. When my job position got "reworked" a few months ago, I went from doing mainly project administration to project admin AND managing the panel shop load (not managing people, just what goes through our panel building shop which is in a totally different city) AND inside sales. I'm sooo not a sales person, and my product knowledge is limited. We only have one other inside sales person and he picks up a lot of the slack, knowing I have a bunch of other responsibilities, so mainly I just support him when I can. Anyway, he's the one who got called in to Jury Duty yesterday. He ended up being selected and will be out the rest of the week (at least). That leaves me pretty much alone in the office, handling all of my responsibilities along with all of his. I will not get any breaks or lunch for the rest of the week, which is why I had to do some major shopping.

Ugh, I use my lunch break to decompress. I get grumpy when I actually have to deal with live people.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:53 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
My heartfelt best wishes to Lisa and others who are going through such difficult times.

Just as a quick update - it's nothing sinister but I need to have some of the blood work re-drawn for the sarcopenia investigation labs. I think it's because I bruise very readily so the phlebotomist probably traumatised the skin and site enough to throw off some enzyme readings. As yet, I don't have a date for the re-draw. So, I have no results and won't for some time as it's getting tricky to schedule things with so many people on leave for childcare reasons over the Easter School Holidays.

The replacement windows haven't been installed as yet - so we're waiting on a date for that. (Front door window and the window adjacent to it broke 4 weeks ago.)

All in all, I'm a tad snarky and wishing that it was time for a temporary vacation from everything taking much longer than it should.

It's all very trivial compared to what's happening in other people's lives, I know.
Not trivial at all, Slow! I just wrote a small novel about silly job stresses. Good luck on the redraw. I've had some enzymes come back wonky in the past and test just fine at the next draw, so I'll send you all good vibes.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:34 AM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope everything goes well, Slow!

Dawn, I'm glad you're feeling better. Take come comp time for missed lunches!

Kwerp, I hope you have found something that will work well for you. Please keep us updated.

Well, I have decided to start another SSRI. I haven't taken any in a couple of years. I thought it had something to do with weight gain and other things, but I cannot keep on like this...it comes and goes, but when it hits, boy. I am not even going to Google side effects or I might talk myself out of getting started on it...I've decided the benefits should outweigh any risk.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 04-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #200
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
After a lot of soul searching and "getting real with myself", I decided I need to stay primal - or at least very close to it.
I not completely ruling out the occasional low-carb bagel or tortilla that has a small amount of wheat, but for the most part staying clear of it.
I started on Monday after a weekend of wheat laden eating where I felt puffy, gassy , bloated, cranky! and generally awful.
I feel good. well, detoxy but good.

So I spent this morning making harissa, pesto and mayonnaise.
Some of my go-to sauces for primal.
The harissa is good, not too high calorie (you could leave the olive oil out, too)and a little different than a typical red salsa for flavor.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:34 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
I have let every one of my sweet budds know before, that I just cant post often.

Today, I want to say how struck I am by all the difficulties of life reflected here. I believe we all have things we are dealing with, whether it's illness, tragedy, work related,.....you name it. My life is pretty stress-filled. Some good stress, some not so much.

It's important to me, That every one of you know how much I care about you and what's going on with you. I can't reach out individually, but I am here to say I think about all these things with heartfelt compassion daily, and support you all in my heart and in my s.

May every BUDD with his or her own individual needs, be comforted, and have peace with all the right answers, today and forever.

This is me on a strong day with love,
Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #202
Administrator

Phyl, and everyone struggling.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’m just dropping in briefly to say hello in between having visitors and going away for a long weekend. I’ll catch up when I get back!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #204

kwerp, we all have to find the best plan for ourselves, and COE problems are nothing to play around with. I love LC and NK is just fascinating to me. I've never fully committed to it, but it makes sense. I hope it is exactly what you're looking for. Please do let us know how you're doing and don't vanish! Like I always say, once a JB, always a JB!

Lisa, I know this will be a rough time to get through for your family. Hugs to you and my thoughts with all of you.

Slow, good luck on those additional tests. I know you're anxious to get on with all this testing and get to some sort of answer and strategy for dealing with the sarcopenia. Hopefully you'll get a more skilled phlebotomist this time. And snark away, friend. That's what this thread is for, just a bunch of friends chatting, complaining, laughing, and sharing our struggles.

Dawn, I'm glad you're feeling better, but it sounds like it'll be a rough week. I know what you mean, lunch breaks really are crucial to decompressing during a workday. It always made me crazy when my office would schedule "lunch meetings". What part of the idea that I want to get AWAY from most of you guys at lunch don't you get?

Cindy, I hope the SSRI will help you feel better. If you're struggling, then you have to find a solution.

Dottie, will you be doing paleo in the JUDDD context, or just straight paleo? I know what you mean about those foods making you feel just awful!

Phyl, you sweetest of ladies. I'm glad this is a good day, and I always treasure your posts.

Busy day slated here, with a bunch of pain-in-the-butt errands to run mid-afternoon. I like to bunch them all together and get really irritated once, instead of a whole bunch of times.

I had to break down and buy a new microwave. The one I have now, I've had for 16 years. First the carousel started making strange sounds. Then it stopped "carouselling" altogether. Kind of makes it tough to heat anything evenly, but I was powering through, not wanting to buy a new one. Then I started noticing it was taking a lot longer to heat things than it used to. Now it's making some very peculiar sounds, so I think it's on its last legs.

I'm kind of excited, because the old one is a counter model, and hogs a lot of my very valuable counter space. The new one is an over-the-range model, so I'm going to have a bunch of great new space! I'm having it installed on Friday, and I can't wait! Got a smokin' deal too, I think. Plus I need to have the range vent repaired anyway, so killing two birds with one stone.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:05 AM   #205
Administrator

Carol: Primal with Juddd. I don't really see any reason they aren't compatible
I prefer primal because I do like some dairy and I don't want to feel like it's a "cheat" (paleo doesn't allow dairy, primal does ).

You'll probably take a while to adjust to the new microwave cooking times. Be prepared to burn stuff . The wattage is probably double what you're used to
Old 04-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
soooo i've been going around with my bleach spray bottle like a maniac today. up all night with a sick (read puking) 8 year old. it's totally my fault. i was all like " high five girl! you made it thru the stomach virus season! you rock!"

oh, i rock all right.

next goal. keeping the 2.5 year old from catching it.

good times.
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
You'll probably take a while to adjust to the new microwave cooking times. Be prepared to burn stuff . The wattage is probably double what you're used to
Naming no names, it is possible that somebody's DH literally set fire to the microwave oven by setting a potato to bake by the timing of the previous 25 year old microwave oven. It is possible that we were only alerted by the (contained) explosion of the potato being literally reduced to a charcoal cinder.

Microwave ovens are now so amazingly robust that they can survive an internal fire/explosion (tho' you're well advised to get a safety check if such a startling event were to occur).
Old 04-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Hugs for everyone!

My one handed typing on my iPad limits me some days.

You are all in my thoughts and hope events are much better soon!
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Some days, I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read the posts here! So, some days, I do both!! The fact that we feel like we can share just about anything here & we know it will be treated with respect is so moving to me!

Lisa, I'm keeping your family in my thoughts & prayers! Safe travels!

Dawn, I hope you can continue to feel better along with all of the added responsibilities at work. It won't be easy, so try to take mini breaks(translation....lots of potty breaks!)! I do some of my best calming down in the restroom!

Dottie, I've thought about paleo or primal; but, I don't know enough about them to even try. I wish you the best with your new woe!

kwerp, I have a history of anorexia. JUDDD has not sent me back to starvation mode. However, I do believe I could be a COE if I wasn't careful! My biggest issue is with carbs. If anyone can be a carb addict it is me!! Ugh! I wish you the best with NK. And please do stop back by & let us know how you are doing.

Sea, one handed typing is good for me! Right back at cha!

Slow, with all of the labs you've had or will have........snarking is appropriate!! My son could commiserate with you for sure! Sometimes he looks like a pin cushion & yet he never complains.......what a trooper. I suspect you are too!

Mafiamom, I hope your baby doesn't get the bug!!

Carol, enjoy your new microwave. My DH bought one for over the range a couple of years ago. I LOVE IT!!! I'm sure you will too!

Phyl, I don't know your circumstances, but I do understand stresses! We all have them. Some more than others! I hope your strong day continues.

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #210
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I have puzzled and puzzled, but can't figure it out..... what is COE?
GME is online now   Reply With Quote