Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #361
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
So sorry to hear the news about your BIL, Yam. Take care of yourself too while you're busy taking care of others.

My mother was taken to the hospital this morning with chest pains. This is the second time in 4 days. They didn't find anything wrong with her heart, but think she may have fallen or bumped into something and bruised or fractured her ribs. She has dementia and does not remember if she hurt herself. She is supposed to call for the nurse to go to the bathroom, but tries to go by herself 90% of the time. They gave her something for pain and she seemed fine by the time I left, and in good spirits.
I remember when my grandmother fell and broke her arm. Thankfully my mother was staying with her, so she heard it happen, because an hour later, my grandmother had no idea why she was at the hospital and getting x-rays. She refused to wear the sling and would ask every few minutes why her arm hurt so badly. She was paranoid about taking medication, so she wouldn't take anything for the pain. It was a rough few weeks. (She broke it up by the ball and socket, so there was no way to set it in a cast. I think she would have at least known it was broken if she had a cast to look at!).

Good thoughts going out to your mom, Cindy, and to you as well!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2014, 04:38 PM   #362
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
for Yam and family and for Cindy's mom.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #363
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Thank you, Ladies. Yes, it's difficult when they can't remember, Dawn. On top of being very feeble, it's a dangerous equation sometimes.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:12 PM   #364

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I am so sorry to hear that your mom isn't feeling well, Cindy. Glad she's doing better and hope she won't have to stay in the hospital long. Dementia is a cruel thing.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #365
Big Yapper!!!!

She went back to the nursing home about 1 pm, so she's at "home" now. Thanks, LCG.

Tomorrow is bf's birthday. Today was a UD. I changed my rotations so I could go out to lunch with my boss and co-workers today, although that didn't happen. I did go out with my sister and brother, so that was even nicer...but, why does it seem like something comes up *every* week? On the bright side, I saw a girl I haven't seen in a year at the hospital and she was surprised at how much slimmer I am. Also my sister and brother commented that I seem to be losing more. I really haven't lost much at all since last summer, but I think I look a lot trimmer. I may be fooling myself.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 04-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Prayers for your mother, too, Cindy.

Hope you can enjoy BF's birthday.......
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:12 PM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Yam and Cindy - and good thoughts for your family members. Cindy, what a lovely compliment to hear about looking slimmer!

I have a confession ... except for the exercise part, I have been way off plan since Friday. I haven't counted, and my DDs started as DDs and ended as UDs. I don't know what happened .... something about Easter meets PMS maybe. I'm just going to gently get back to the usual schedule, so a nourishing, healthy, counted UD tomorrow and back to my DD on Thursday.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #368

Oh Christina! Easter meets PMS around here too! In fact, TOM arrived late last night and I almost was glad - let's get this over with and back to "normal"! I feel really ready for a good DD today

Cindy, you must be changing shape for people to be making those lovely comments - in a good way! Maybe your body needed the break from losing actual pounds to be able to do that work. Enjoy!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #369
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/204.6/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Easter met PMS at my house too.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Speaking of off plan, I had my first real, on purpose DD yesterday. I'd been Fast 5-ing (ish) to fuel my workouts but I think its time to go into the "lean" phase again. I don't know how much I've gained because I'm scared of the scale (I'll probably weigh later this morning) but I know I've puffed up. We went out to dinner Monday night and I fasted all day but at SO. MUCH. FOOD at dinner I was sick that night and for a large portion of Tuesday. It was an on purpose DD, not an accidental DD. Even with only eating about 300 calories last night, this morning I still feel bloated, loaded and fat. I'm gonna have to plan a good lunch and dinner tonight...
UG! Why can't this be easy!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
So sorry to hear the news about your BIL, Yam. Take care of yourself too while you're busy taking care of others.

My mother was taken to the hospital this morning with chest pains. This is the second time in 4 days. They didn't find anything wrong with her heart, but think she may have fallen or bumped into something and bruised or fractured her ribs. She has dementia and does not remember if she hurt herself. She is supposed to call for the nurse to go to the bathroom, but tries to go by herself 90% of the time. They gave her something for pain and she seemed fine by the time I left, and in good spirits.
LG, I'm glad your mom's back "home" and ok! So scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Yam and Cindy - and good thoughts for your family members. Cindy, what a lovely compliment to hear about looking slimmer!

I have a confession ... except for the exercise part, I have been way off plan since Friday. I haven't counted, and my DDs started as DDs and ended as UDs. I don't know what happened .... something about Easter meets PMS maybe. I'm just going to gently get back to the usual schedule, so a nourishing, healthy, counted UD tomorrow and back to my DD on Thursday.
Easter meets PMS, yep, I do understand! I've been more lax recently, too! (higher DDs or MDs and still the same high UDs) Whoops! Oh well, we know what to do!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Speaking of off plan, I had my first real, on purpose DD yesterday. I'd been Fast 5-ing (ish) to fuel my workouts but I think its time to go into the "lean" phase again. I don't know how much I've gained because I'm scared of the scale (I'll probably weigh later this morning) but I know I've puffed up. We went out to dinner Monday night and I fasted all day but at SO. MUCH. FOOD at dinner I was sick that night and for a large portion of Tuesday. It was an on purpose DD, not an accidental DD. Even with only eating about 300 calories last night, this morning I still feel bloated, loaded and fat. I'm gonna have to plan a good lunch and dinner tonight...
I did the same thing Sunday. Ate way too much, felt bloated and fat and gross on Monday, and actually did a DD (I'm not doing rotations right now). I felt a little better, but still bloated Monday and Tuesday. I'm just "sort of" feeling normal now. Ugh.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I'm skipping my weekly weigh-in this week, which would have been tomorrow morning. Between Easter, my "bulking" eating lately (I really have been doing it to help build muscle), and TOM showing up last night, there ain't no way I'm getting on the scale right now. I'm ready to go into "lean" or "cut" now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Easter met PMS at my house too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Easter meets PMS, yep, I do understand! I've been more lax recently, too! (higher DDs or MDs and still the same high UDs) Whoops! Oh well, we know what to do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I did the same thing Sunday. Ate way too much, felt bloated and fat and gross on Monday, and actually did a DD (I'm not doing rotations right now). I felt a little better, but still bloated Monday and Tuesday. I'm just "sort of" feeling normal now. Ugh.
Well, at least we're all in this together! I felt incredibly fat and huge yesterday, and then TOM came, so I know it's water. I mean, I HAVE gained fat recently too, but feeling a difference from one day to the next HAS to be water, right?

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I'm skipping my weekly weigh-in this week, which would have been tomorrow morning. Between Easter, my "bulking" eating lately (I really have been doing it to help build muscle), and TOM showing up last night, there ain't no way I'm getting on the scale right now. I'm ready to go into "lean" or "cut" now too.

Well, at least we're all in this together! I felt incredibly fat and huge yesterday, and then TOM came, so I know it's water. I mean, I HAVE gained fat recently too, but feeling a difference from one day to the next HAS to be water, right?

OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsKitty
Personal experiences?

This is my 4th week of 4:3 JUDDD.
Do any of you notice that you are at times hungry on a DD but then when your UD rolls around the next day - not as much?
It's like I have opportunity, but have had no motive to murder my calories on my last couple of UDs.
Any/all thoughts/comments/suggestions are welcome.
MsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:05 PM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 46 pounds down, 102 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Mskitty - thats been my experience so far! I am on week 2 tomorrow.

Right now I could fall face first and scarf a whole plate of food if I could...but really, I just feel slightly hungry and I'm ok...I can put it off and be just fine. It's my DD. 4:3 also.

Tomorrow o n my UD- I almost have to force myself to eat. Once I do...I enjoy it!

I am really learning a lot about myself from JUDDD.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Partyof7: It seems to be teaching me what actual hunger is. That may sound like a negative statement, but I assure you I don't intend it to be. If I can better tune into my hunger, I can hopefully better tune into when I'm satisfied and avoid overeating anything.
In other words: Before JUDDD, it'd been a long time since I remembered what actual 'hunger' felt like, but I'm perplexed as to why I'm actually having trouble even wanting to eat on my UDs.
Many thanks for your response.

Last edited by MsKitty; 04-23-2014 at 08:18 PM..
Old 04-24-2014, 05:10 AM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Miss Kitty. It's a common phenomenon with fasting, as it seems to decrease appetite even on non-fasting days. At least temporarily. Krista Varaday (author of a ADF book) has suggested that fasting shrinks the stomach and that is the reason. However, that doesn't explain newbies immediate response to fasting--no real hunger the next UD morning. Fortunately, it isn't something most of us need to worry about, as hunger usually hits later in the day at least. I find that I can go for long periods (if I have to) the next day without eating, but once I do, all bets are off.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:15 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
when i first started, i literally had to force myself to eat on UD's. even at the end of the day i wasn't hungry. for me, that changed after about a month. i started to get hungry later in the day on UD's and all of a sudden hitting my calorie goal wasn't a problem at all.

bummer, dude. i miss the good ole days LOL!!
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:53 AM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, I miss the days of needing to find ways to get to my UD calorie goals. I'm always way over these days. OY!

Good morning peeps!!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #381

I can always eat. I had a few UDs in the beginning where I was surprised I wasn't as hungry as I thought I would be, but never had a problem getting to my UD numbers.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:14 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Cindy, Colleen, Melinda and Dawn: Thank you for your comments. If this is a short-lived thing, I am really going to press myself to get the most out of it and try to tune back into feelings of true hunger and recognize when I really feel satisfied. I hope it lasts long enough so I can judge the signals more clearly. I realized that appetite might be suppressed, but I just hadn't grasped the fact it would manifest on the UDs. As Colleen mentioned - the last two UDs I nearly feel like it's forced to take in even half of what I'm supposed to take in - and I know I need to meet base nutrition averaged for the week.
That said, I thank you for your input, ladies. I thought I was imagining it!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:25 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsKitty View Post
Cindy, Colleen, Melinda and Dawn: Thank you for your comments. If this is a short-lived thing, I am really going to press myself to get the most out of it and try to tune back into feelings of true hunger and recognize when I really feel satisfied. I hope it lasts long enough so I can judge the signals more clearly. I realized that appetite might be suppressed, but I just hadn't grasped the fact it would manifest on the UDs. As Colleen mentioned - the last two UDs I nearly feel like it's forced to take in even half of what I'm supposed to take in - and I know I need to meet base nutrition averaged for the week.
That said, I thank you for your input, ladies. I thought I was imagining it!
Oh no, you're not imagining it! As LG said, it's so so common when starting out. I am going to tell you to do what I need to stop doing. (LOL!!) Eat something for breakfast and then plan snacks throughout the day. It's harder to get all your calories in if you're waiting until later in the day before starting to eat. Fill up on higher cal/nutritious stuff through the day. Keep us posted, btw. I will be curious to see how long this lasts for you.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
The Metropolitan Opera's production of Cosi fan tutte is playing this week at a local movie theatre. Looks like that is happening all over the US this week, if anyone is interested. Here, it's playing at noon on Saturday, so instead of dinner and movie, it's brunch and a movie.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
...Eat something for breakfast and then plan snacks throughout the day. It's harder to get all your calories in if you're waiting until later in the day before starting to eat. Fill up on higher cal/nutritious stuff through the day. Keep us posted, btw. I will be curious to see how long this lasts for you.
I had already scheduled things that way, but even with consuming around 300 calories in a sitting (balanced fat/protein/carb), it has been difficult. Basically, I tried to have a breakfast - and pushed some of the food off until later. I then pushed that off until even later because I just felt stuffed... and then it just ended up being bedtime and I can't eat right before bedtime or I get terrible symptoms. I didn't like doing that since I was going into a DD, but I'm looking upon it as more fodder to mull over regarding settling into this plan.
I will most certainly keep you posted if it stops or persists. Thank you again.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 46 pounds down, 102 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Definitely a "once I start eating I'm hungry" thing here on my UD.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #387
Big Yapper!!!!

I remember buying 500+ calorie cupcakes (just one) to have on my UDs because I had "so many" calories to eat! Haha, now I eat "normally" without any one gigantic calorie laden food and still have to fight to stay within my numbers. I guess I eat a lot more than I did at first.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I remember buying 500+ calorie cupcakes (just one) to have on my UDs because I had "so many" calories to eat! Haha, now I eat "normally" without any one gigantic calorie laden food and still have to fight to stay within my numbers. I guess I eat a lot more than I did at first.
yep, yep, YEP!!! I definately need to go back to skipping breaky at least. It's getting ugly. (not binge worthy, but just TOO much, especially since my DDs aren't uber low these days, either)
Old 04-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #389

Quote:
yep, yep, YEP!!! I definately need to go back to skipping breaky at least. It's getting ugly. (not binge worthy, but just TOO much, especially since my DDs aren't uber low these days, either)
But you're maintaining BEAUTIFULLY, Melinda! Why mess with what's working?
Old 04-25-2014, 06:29 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
But you're maintaining BEAUTIFULLY, Melinda! Why mess with what's working?
I agree!

I usually have a 500cal brunch of luxury muesli on UDs. I soak it in warm water for at least 30mins with a spoonful of coconut oil and a pinch of cinnamon and salt. When it's ready, I stir in a couple of big spoonfuls of full fat bio yogurt. YUMMMM! Lasts me till a healthy 500 cal dinner time. Leaves plenty of calorie room for milk in tea and a cheesy snack and/or chocolate and/or glass of wine in the evening.

DD today no muesli allowed.

Last edited by Flossyliz; 04-25-2014 at 06:30 AM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote