Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
We have Littlest, Middlest, and Eldest.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2014, 08:25 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Cute.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #303
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I've been trying really hard to listen to my body, regarding how much to eat. And I've been wanting protein like crazy, which I think is great, considering my new weightlifting/resistance exercising. Somehow, it seems like my body is telling me it wants the building blocks needed to repair/build muscle tissue, and also that it wants more calories to do so.

So yesterday (UD) I was sort of planning to have a lower UD, just to mix it up, but I started feeling like I wanted protein, so I had some cheese. It was great, felt satisfied, everything was good. Then all of a sudden I wanted something else, like PB. Well, the PB is out of the house now, for reasons you probably all know all too well. So I had some peppermint baking chips. And that got the sugar monster started. I wound up with a large Frosty from Wendy's, and I guess what you'd call an UUAD. Darnit.

I really, truly am trying to listen to my body. But I don't understand why once I start eating, I want to keep going. It's possibly PMS - can't tell anymore because nothing happens when it's suppose to anymore (probably perimenopause).

Today is going to be a good, clean DD. I want to try to make it until dinner on water and tea and coffee. I've got to get this figured out.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hey there! I got back from Pennsylvania Monday night. Had to go right from the airport to DD's house and pick up 3 of my grand kids and am keeping them for the week. They have the week off school.

DD was hospitalized for dehydration and effects of a serious case of the flu and she is really weak. A friend is staying with her and caring for her while I keep the kids.

Busy, busy.

Sorry I never checked in. In D.C. I was so busy every minute I only turned on my computer once and that was to look up the menu of a restaurant in Georgetown!

In Pennsylvania I never even took my laptop out of the case! I should not have dragged it along with me.

I did have a wonderful time with my family. As usual my sisters and I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning every night visiting and during the day we tried to pack in as much as possible. I have a huge family.

I'm not going to have a DD until Monday or Tuesday. Life just gets so hectic sometimes.

I'm not going to weigh myself until Monday. I don't usually stay away from the scale, but I'm still struggling with being on east coast time but having to get up with my 5 year old at 6 a.m. every day. Yesterday and the day before DH let me take a 20 minute nap in the afternoon and that helped.

The teenagers want me to stay up late with them at night. I'm glad they love my company, but I'm worn out!!!

Saturday morning I'm taking the 5 yr old to an Easter Egg hunt. I took him to see Rio 2 in 3D on Tuesday. Today I'm taking the 14 year old to get a hair cut. And the 15 year old clothes shopping.

OK, enough blabbing! Can't wait til next week when I can "come home" to JUDDD!

Hugs,

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Welcome home Yam Yam. You have been missed. Have a lovely Easter Weekend.

So sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she is well soon.

Hugs
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Carol - you described me. Except no uuad. Today is supposed to be my DD but I ate a OMM with cream cheese and sf jelly, large salad with egg and some lamb, a beef hot dog..I could still go into the kitchen and stuff myself if I could.

Its like once I start eating I can't stop either. Just not going to give up. Keep playing until I find what works for me!
Partyof7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Ugh, I've certainly had UDs like that, LCG! I'm sorry girl...I normally figure out later that it's a hormonal thing. I'm like you, though, and perimeno has things all amuck, so I can't often tell until AFTERWARDS that's what was going on. I want chocolate, chocolate, CHOCOLATE!!! <shaking head>

yamster, welcome back! You are a busy bee with all that family of yours. LOVE!!! Hope DD feels better quickly...sounds miserable.

Howdy all!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #308
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
LCG, I do understand. I am more surprised when I have a controlled UD than not lol. I've had lots of chocolate today and definitely don't need anymore dessert today!

Welcome back, Yam!! Sounds like you've been super busy! I hope DD gets better soon.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #309
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi everyone. I'm sleepy and hungry so saying hi, having some dinner and co king out. See you all tomorrow.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Welcome back, Yam-Yam! I hope your DD heals quickly. Enjoy those grandkids They grow up way too fast!

Carol, I know how you feel! Sometimes my UD's get away with me; but, most DD's are a breeze! Go figure! I can't blame peri-meno or post-meno! LOL! I know that carbs & processed foods are my down fall. Maybe some day I'll be able to get them all out of my life........some day.......
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Designer Jeans

Well, I've been putting off buying jeans because, you know, still have 10# or so I want gone. But there were some "Seven" jeans for sale on Groupon, and they were cheap. So I went ahead and ordered them. I looked at the size chart and according to my measurements, I fell somewhere between a 10 and a 12. I've got some solid 10s in my closet with a few 8s but stuff fits differently for different brand.
I ordered 10s cuz, you know, wanted a goal. They arrived today. I held my breath a bit when I pulled them on and - BAM! Perfect fit! As in, kinda wishing I'd ordered 8s cuz they may not fit for very long. Bah, who are we kidding. I'm doing a lousy job at this dieting thing right now, but I'm doing a pretty decent job at the exercise thing so maybe I am changing shape even though the scale isn't moving too much.
My second pair should be arriving soon, excited to see those as well.
Plus, major bonus, they're not too long! That's huge for a 5'3"-er.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #312
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you gals for your comments and support. I had a really good DD today, and even though I kind of "wanted" something more after dinner, and considered having an apple or a yogurt, I felt I wasn't really hungry and didn't need it. Now I get to go to bed feeling nice and empty.

Jen, WTG on those 10s! You are getting so slender! And yes, them being the right length is a BIG deal for us SHORTER girls!
Old 04-18-2014, 02:58 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Drive-by to say that I'm fine but I've got trouble with my hands and that's interfering with a number of things.

My hands will recover but they swelled and inflamed after rescue drills last week (they were somewhere between 3 - 4x their usual size) and it's been difficult to use them. (I'm going to have to develop some rescue techniques that have less of an impact on me than the traditional ones.)

As I can't do anything that I'd planned for this weekend, we're going to go and visit family over the Easter weekend.

Hope you all have a super time over the holidays.

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:31 AM   #314
Big Yapper!!!!

Omg, Slow!! Please take care, and I hope you recover quickly. So sorry you having to deal with another problem too.

Yennie, WTG on rocking the Sevens!! Size 10! I wore size 10 about 15 years ago and I thought I was about the perfect size. Did you order Short, or did they just happen to be the right length?

Glad you had a great DD, LCG. I'm on mine today. I was at last week's DD weight this morning after a UD. Hope I'm finally going down now.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:37 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
WTG Yennie!
Sorry about your hands, SloSlow.
Nice recovery, Carole. Your story sounds like what happens at the end of a low DD for me. After eating my planned dinner, my brain is just done restricting for the day and I just keep eating.

I haven't attempted a DD this week as explained in another post. So now that weight bounced up a bit I feel better about my boundries. Back to rotations with a DD today.

Last edited by cici52; 04-18-2014 at 04:40 AM..
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:57 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
I'm heading to Arizona and Las Vegas for a week to visit my parents. I might pop back in over the week but if not everyone have a great week!
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:29 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
Quick question: Where's Frosty? Haven't seen any of his posts lately...of course I was gone for 1/2 of April, so I might have missed something?
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:32 AM   #318
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Slow, great big coming your way. I understand the hand issues. Take care.

Mike, enjoy your vacation!

Yennie! Fantastic!!!

My news for the day, and probably TMI, especially for the guys . . . DH is going in for a vasectomy this morning. Wish him luck and a, er, speedy "recovery."
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #319
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Drive-by to say that I'm fine but I've got trouble with my hands and that's interfering with a number of things.

My hands will recover but they swelled and inflamed after rescue drills last week (they were somewhere between 3 - 4x their usual size) and it's been difficult to use them. (I'm going to have to develop some rescue techniques that have less of an impact on me than the traditional ones.)

As I can't do anything that I'd planned for this weekend, we're going to go and visit family over the Easter weekend.

Hope you all have a super time over the holidays.
Oh, Slow! That sounds quite painful. I'm so sorry. I hope you can still enjoy your Easter family visits. Keep reading.....there just MIGHT be a special thread on here somewhere just for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Omg, Slow!! Please take care, and I hope you recover quickly. So sorry you having to deal with another problem too.

Yennie, WTG on rocking the Sevens!! Size 10! I wore size 10 about 15 years ago and I thought I was about the perfect size. Did you order Short, or did they just happen to be the right length?

Glad you had a great DD, LCG. I'm on mine today. I was at last week's DD weight this morning after a UD. Hope I'm finally going down now.
Thanks, friend. Good luck to you today. I sure do hope you are on the way down again. Your persistence must be rewarded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
WTG Yennie!
Sorry about your hands, SloSlow.
Nice recovery, Carole. Your story sounds like what happens at the end of a low DD for me. After eating my planned dinner, my brain is just done restricting for the day and I just keep eating.

I haven't attempted a DD this week as explained in another post. So now that weight bounced up a bit I feel better about my boundries. Back to rotations with a DD today.
Thanks, girl. Good luck on your DD today. Let us know how it's going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
I'm heading to Arizona and Las Vegas for a week to visit my parents. I might pop back in over the week but if not everyone have a great week!
Oh yes! I forgot you were headed out here. The weather is supposed to be beautiful......and hot! I hope you get to do lots of fun activities and have a lovely visit. Let us know what things you decided to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
Quick question: Where's Frosty? Haven't seen any of his posts lately...of course I was gone for 1/2 of April, so I might have missed something?
I believe he quit JUDDDing and was doing another plan. Too bad he didn't stick around just to crack us up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Slow, great big coming your way. I understand the hand issues. Take care.

Mike, enjoy your vacation!

Yennie! Fantastic!!!

My news for the day, and probably TMI, especially for the guys . . . DH is going in for a vasectomy this morning. Wish him luck and a, er, speedy "recovery."
Wow! Price is Right and The Big V all in one week! This will be a week he definitely remembers! Sending good luck vibes that it's an easy procedure and that he's back on his...um...feet soon. And yay for you! Are you going to have the IUD removed? Sorry if that's too intrusive!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:52 AM   #320

Keeping the IUD for the 5 years. We'll be double covered.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well. I have not been around due to just not having enough hours in the day but I do read on my phone now and then (just don't like typing on it!). I have not had the dedication (or inclination?) to do EOD so I been pretty much maintaining on 5:2. At any given time I am up and down 3 lbs from my lowest weight. Spring Break is next week so when I get back from my trip I am going for EOD and try to get back to my lowest and then some.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Oh Slowsure, so sorry to hear about your hands. I can sympathize since I have limited use of one. It sounds painful, too.

Enjoy your family visits and hope you are back to normal soon.

Happy healing to the others that need it and safe travels over this weekend for those venturing out.

I have a leg of lamb to cook for Sunday. I walked past the chocolate Easter bunnies yesterday!

Hugs for ALL
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
LoCarbGal-do you think your body might be 'searching' for a particular nutrient? And it doesn't want you to stop eating until it gets it?

Well-wishes for daughters, and hands, and tube snipping. There's so much going on.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:36 AM   #324
Big Yapper!!!!

Dawn, I hope DH recovers quickly and without much discomfort.

LCG, I didn't do a DD after all yesterday. I needed to switch rotations so went with my standard 2 UDs instead of a MD. I don't have much luck with MDs.

I hope everyone is enjoying the Easter weekend.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well. I have not been around due to just not having enough hours in the day but I do read on my phone now and then (just don't like typing on it!). I have not had the dedication (or inclination?) to do EOD so I been pretty much maintaining on 5:2. At any given time I am up and down 3 lbs from my lowest weight. Spring Break is next week so when I get back from my trip I am going for EOD and try to get back to my lowest and then some.
Hi Kismet! Good to see you popping in again.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:56 AM   #326
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Sirtain- very cute story.
Dawn- hope DH is healing well.
Slow- hope your hands are less swollen.

It is beautifully sunny, but a touch cool to fully enjoy outside. I took a 30 minute walk downtown and that was just right. I hope it will warm up a bit for a longer walk later.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #327
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Dawn: DH said tell him "frozen peas" lol
Funny too, I threw the bags of froze peas away after. The thought of cooking them after he'd used them as ice packs skeeved me out
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Dottie!!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Funny too, I threw the bags of froze peas away after. The thought of cooking them after he'd used them as ice packs skeeved me out
We keep ice packs in the freezer that are deliberately made to simulate frozen peas. He's been using them. He's actually doing really well, with only minor pain. We just got back from the movie theater (saw the Disney Nature movie "Bears") and he had no issues.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #330
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post

I had achilles trouble for a couple of years and iced my heel area with frozen peas. Every time we have peas DH says, "Those are foot peas are they?"
GME is online now   Reply With Quote