Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 01:39 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
WOE: JUDDD
UD Friday! and an epiphany

Hi!
I'm so excited it's Friday, just because. Of course, I have to work tomorrow, but it's only a half day, so that's good.

While lying in bed, I was thinking of what I wanted for dinner: chicken baked in garlic & herb dressing, served on top of a decadent salad with kalamata olives and cheese. And wine. It's Friday. I want wine. And chocolate, maybe even a slice of cake! Something delicious. This is the sort of food I ate at my parents house when I was on vacation. Healthy but indulging. (The weight gain was from eating fried foods out at restaurants and lots of beer/ chips/ etc.)

On UDs I make my usual low-carb, high caloric breakfast: bacon cooked in the oven, eggs fried in butter, and a piece of cheese. I stopped and thought: hang on a minute.

Instead of going for high calorie meals (to "reward" my good DD behavior), why not try an experiment? I cut down the cals on my breakfast by 100 (no cheese, cooked the bacon in a pan, then used the fat to cook the eggs - no butter). For lunch, I'm gonna have a soup-in-a-mug sachet I usually have on a DD, because I know how filling those are.

Here's the kicker: If I get hungry at work, well, I'm used to that now. I can save my UD calories for something really nice today. THAT thought is liberating. Instead of eating all day as a reaction to my DD, I adapt to that feeling of hunger and embrace it. This way, I can enjoy something delicious without having an UUAD.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 03:54 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
This is the mindset I'm finally arriving at, too. It's liberating. I've been Juddding nearly a year and just coming around to it.

I also finally realized a good DD doesn't make me immune to the calories on UDs.

Last edited by CarolinaCoast; 03-28-2014 at 03:58 AM..
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:28 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I'm starting to understand how my mom simply doesn't eat the rest of the day if she knows she'll be going out to dinner. Additionally, if we eat a lot one day, the next she barely eats at all. She's done this her whole life - a natural JUDDD eater.

When I was first trying out JUDDD, I was eating slightly over my DD's, and every UD was UUAD. Now I realize that every UD doesn't have to be absolutely out-standing. But, if I've been "good" then I can factor in some wine or some chocolate!
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:09 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Great attitude! Someone on the board (Keira'sMom/Dawn, perhaps?) made a great remark that any particular meal is just ONE meal, not your LAST meal. It is easy at first, to go a little crazy on our Up Days, as a reaction to the deprivation, not of the Down Days, but of years of diet mentality. So nice when we come to realize that we don't need to do that.

I wasn't sure, is this still the Friday Up Day thread? If so, here are my plans:
Breaking my fast: a banana
Breakfast: paleo granola with almond milk and another banana
Lunch: sashimi, seaweed salad, maybe a LITTLE rice
Snack:lox and salad
Dinner: ?
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:32 AM   #5
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Good morning

Kwerp that's the great thing about JUDDD (well besides the great fact that it works) that no foods are off limits, so really you're only limited by your imagination

B: coffee w/cream
L: fish tacos (low-carb tortillas, pan fried tilapia -may dust it with corn meal, or not, home made cole slaw)
S: fried rice (cauliflower "rice", egg, bean sprouts, carrot, onion, shrimp)
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:33 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Sirtain, that quote wasn't mine, but I may have quoted someone else who said that. Many of us embrace that philosophy.

Kwerp, I often eat a light breakfast and light lunch on UDs so I can have fewer restrictions at dinner time. It works well for me!

B: black coffee, 80 calorie chocolate/raspberry Greek yogurt, a small apple
L: ??
D: ??

Not very well planned out at this point.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:32 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I say all the time that UD is every other day. Every other day is not always a fantastic food filled orgy. Sometimes it is yogurt and left over pizza.

It's every other day for goodness sake. Who gets to eat pancakes, pizza, a five course dinner followed by ice cream every other day and maintain there goal weight?

Not me!!!! I'm also too busy in my life to create amazing food filled orgies every other day. I usually have one really decadent meal out each week.

One! One decadent meal per week. I'm fine with that. It's also much more enjoyable that way.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I say all the time that UD is every other day. Every other day is not always a fantastic food filled orgy. Sometimes it is yogurt and left over pizza.

It's every other day for goodness sake. Who gets to eat pancakes, pizza, a five course dinner followed by ice cream every other day and maintain there goal weight?

Not me!!!! I'm also too busy in my life to create amazing food filled orgies every other day. I usually have one really decadent meal out each week.

One! One decadent meal per week. I'm fine with that. It's also much more enjoyable that way.
True. For the newb, this is a learned lesson. I think the freedom on the UD incites some to initially go nuts. Then we learn to reign it in. Live and learn.
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
True. For the newb, this is a learned lesson. I think the freedom on the UD incites some to initially go nuts. Then we learn to reign it in. Live and learn.
Yes, there is a learning curve/ period. I think JUDDD becomes so much easier and the JUDDD calm comes when that first phase is passed through.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

Carly: I remember you saying that a while back and a huge light bulb popped brightly on in my head!!

My mindset totally changed because of what you said. Thank you!

That along with how JUDDD is totally regulating my appetite and food cravings.

At this stage of my re-start, I'm finding that I have very specific wants for upcoming UDs. When I fulfill those, the following DD is absolutely fantastic.

It's like I'm listening to my body more than ever and I feel very healthy about all of it.
Yam-Yam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:21 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

JUDDD became a breeze for me when I realized every UD didn't have to be amazing. It's not 1 UD a year or 1 UD a month. Not even 1 UD per week. EOD!!!!! That gives me a lot of room to have a really great one now and again with plenty UDs that are just "normal".