Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
Gains and Loses

I was scrolling on Facebook. and passed by a friends profile who again is on one of these 2 week "shred" plans that allow her to lose a ridiculous amount of weight in no time. She's 6 days in and 12lbs down with this one. Last time it was a juice fast for 7 days, before that it was something else, and then boot camp type work outs, and if you add up all the weight she has lost, it's probably some crazy amount, that is more than she had to lose - obviously, she loses and gains, loses and gains. I'm jealous when she loses and when she gains I look at her and say, welcome to the club.

I'm not unlike her. I had an ED back in Middle/high school and it was an ongoing battle, and still can be with binges today. I was 220 in High school, and lost down to the 170s with the ED, then back up to the 220s, then back down to the 160s, back up to the high 190s, then back down to 170s, then back to the 180s where I am now. HOW DO WE STOP THE CYCLE! I have no interest in being obese, so why can't I stop it. I know what goes in my mouth, how come I can't keep weight off. I don't go out and have burgers, fries, and milk shakes all the time - I eat healthy, count calories, and right now use JUDDD and LC to control my appetite and weight, and yet I almost expect to see another high weight eventually. It's insane.

I guess I'm a little down because of a big bounce up. I know it'll go away, I know why it's there, but I'm still disappointed. Why does it have to be so hard. Why is it that some are naturally skinny, and I feel like a shape shifting blimp LOL!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Hi, Sweetie,
I wish I had some wonderfully wise words for you.
I just want you to know that I am so sorry you are having these feelings.
I want you to know that I care.
Be kind to yourself.
Big hug,
Pat
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
The cycle is what drives me mad! I was NOT expecting to go up 19 pounds at this stage of my journey. But that's exactly what I've done, and it infuriates me to have to cover that same ground again. But cover it I will. I won't give up.

Whenever I hear about those "shreds" a part of me actually contemplates doing it. But I need to learn from past experiences, and other people's experiences. You can take it off super fast like that fairly "easily", but then the rebound reaction usually puts most or all of it back on pretty quickly. This time I'll take it off slowly, keep the momentum rolling downward, and keep it off.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #4
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I don't want to be negative, but I recall from my reading of Dr. J's book (admittedly some years ago) that he specifically warns that JUDDD is not a good plan for anyone with a history of ED. Those DDs are so restricting that they can very easily generate binge behavior for anyone with those tendencies.

In fact, JUDDD is very 'attractive' to those with a 'binge/starve' type of ED behavior, but it rarely results in effective weight management as it incites true the true ED that leads to longer and longer binges.

I have known women on this board who have 'failed' at JUDDD--and then mentioned their ED history.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
That is true, Leo. I have never had a ED, but I have experienced the euphoria of not eating on DDs that I suspect is similar to what anorexics feel. I don't love it enough to want to continue past a day at a time though. I also sometimes overeat on UDs, perhaps to compensate for DDs, but I don't exhibit binge-like behavior. I just choose high calorie foods. Comfort foods many times.

LB, I do feel your pain. I had some thoughts today that were a bit negative...thought, geez I am working pretty hard to stay at a weight that is at least 25-30 lbs over what I should be, and that is a conservative estimate. I'm getting scared that I wouldn't possibly be able to maintain 135 lbs. That is a non-issue right now because I also cannot imagine ever getting there.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I had a long battle with Anorexia and then Bulimarexia in my teens and early twenties. I truly thought I was obese at 92 pounds. When this sleep eating monster hit me like a ton of bricks in 1997 I learned very quickly what it really meant to be obese. I went from 92 pounds to 230 in 15 months and every morsel of food I consumed during that time was in my sleep. In 2002 I start Atkins and got back to 112. Yes, I thought I was fat.

I lived alone and kept zero food at home and kept carbs under 20 net when I ate at the hospital cafeteria where I worked. When I moved in with DW and her then 15 year old daughter there was food at night and I gained.

It took some time to get DW on board with no /minimal food at home and with JUDDD and 5:2 I got the weight off and it's staying off. I know I could be 200 pounds again if I take away my DDs and my safeguards of minimal food in the house, but I want to stay thin more than I want to ease up on my vigilance- at least today. I hope I choose to stay vigilant.

I have had no issue with JUDDD triggering any old eating disorder behavior.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html

Last edited by Carly; 03-25-2014 at 05:27 PM..
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Carly, do you suspect that your sleep-eating was from your body's desire for nutrition?
Old 03-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Carly, do you suspect that your sleep-eating was from your body's desire for nutrition?
No, because if that was the reason it would have stopped once I was well fed. I have had years of healthy eating since all this started in 1997 and it still would continue and does when there is food available at night. I'm baffled, really, but without the sleep study I'll never know for sure what causes it.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:45 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

And you may not even then. I'm not sure that a sleep study could answer that question without a doubt. It could show how often you wake, or that you have sleep apnea, but it couldn't discern exactly why you do what you do when you sleepwalk could it? It's interesting, and I know that I've also done some sleep eating over the years. Mine was mostly while I was inebriated.