Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: in_waves
Stats: 177/177/130
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 25, 2014
Newbie looking for Experienced Advice! Atkins -> JUDDD as of today!

(Sorry if some of you see this twice -- I first posted in the "Newbies Introduce Yourselves" post and then realized it was 70 pages long and was worried my plea for advice would get swallowed in the shuffle )

Hi Guys! I'm a newbie to JUDDD, transitioning over from Atkins after sticking with it for a few months and not really getting anywhere -- I'm thinking I might need a mix of low carbs and calorie restriction.

Today is my first fast, and so far it is going pretty great, I'm not hungry or foggy or anything at all, I feel pretty happy and normal, am chugging away at work, and will work out at 4pm for 20 minutes with HIIT, and will probably go to the gym for 45 minutes tonight for a fairly low-intensity workout (3 10-minute miles on an elliptical and some weight machines). On my up days, my plan is to still stay pretty low carb -- I am not a person that needs dessert everyday, but I do like to eat 1-2 servings of fruit a day, a great variety of veggies, and beans. I plan to continue to limit grains, breads, and pastries except for the occasional treat, but I am so tired of not enjoying going out to dinner because I am not sure what ingredients are in my food, or not being able to have a glass of wine with dinner, or not being able to have a slice of cake on my birthday!

I am currently 5'6" and 177 lbs and will be 30 in a week. I am accepting of my weight possibly going up for a bit as I am no longer going to be restricting carbs to 20g per day, but am also keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't

Per Dr. J's calculator, my induction DD calories are 438 and my UD calories are 2192. I wonder if you all can give me an idea of whether or not it is okay to deviate from these numbers? I ask because I am probably about 12 calories over my DD and plan to be while I am on this plan, and I don't know that I will be able to eat 2192 calories on my UD? That is a lot of food. Normally I eat between 1400-1600 calories and could probably get up to 2000 some days, but I highly doubt that I can hit that number everyday. If I only eat 1800 calories, will this not work for me? Is my 12 calorie overage going to mess me up, or is that approximate?

In terms of exercise, I work from home and have a desk job so I am pretty sedentary. Five days a week I do a HIIT workout for 25 minutes, or go to the gym and do a 1/2 hour run on the elliptical and around 15 minutes of weight training. I also try to make yoga twice a week for an hour, but I don't really count that towards my exercise as it is pretty gentle, as is my 20 minute round-trip walk to the gym.

I am curious to know what macronutrients promote the greatest success for you guys on your DDs. I am a big, big fan of bulletproof coffee, so that is where my calories come from today and probably will come from on all of my DDs unless you guys think that I am going to sabotage myself this way. For those of you that don't know, bulletproof coffee is just coffee with 2T grass-fed butter and 2T MCT oil in it -- I also add 6 drops of liquid stevia and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract to mine to make it super tasty and enjoyable. This gives me 400 calories, and they all come from fat. My additional 50 calories come in the form of gelatin -- I make a pint of gelatin with 2T gelatin powder (50 calories), 1/4 tsp of a flavor extract (usually anise), and another few drops of stevia mixed into water (just like regular jello, just not processed and yucky and a bit thicker), and I have just been munching on a spoonful at a time throughout the day as I feel like chewing. It has no fat, no carbs, and is 100% protein.

Another thing I am curious about is whether or not folks ever do back to back DDs? I wonder about this as I am going to go away for the weekend next week, and I am wondering if I should do two DDs (Thu & Fri) in order to have two UDs (Sat & Sun), or if I should just do alternate days through the week and then just have UDs on Sat & Sun and just continue on from there? Or if I should try to only have 500 calories per day while on vacation? I will still be in the induction period when we go away, but I also plan to stay here for a while unless it gets difficult. Maybe I should just consider from now until we get back to be a sort of warm-up/trial to get myself used to it, and then consider my induction period to be the two weeks after we return? Would love your feedback. Thanks for reading!
in_waves is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Green
Stats: no scale unless doing PHD
WOE: HDE, Potatoes as needed
Start Date: May 2014
did you calculate your numbers with little to no exercise?
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_waves View Post

Another thing I am curious about is whether or not folks ever do back to back DDs? I wonder about this as I am going to go away for the weekend next week, and I am wondering if I should do two DDs (Thu & Fri) in order to have two UDs (Sat & Sun), or if I should just do alternate days through the week and then just have UDs on Sat & Sun and just continue on from there? Or if I should try to only have 500 calories per day while on vacation? I will still be in the induction period when we go away, but I also plan to stay here for a while unless it gets difficult. Maybe I should just consider from now until we get back to be a sort of warm-up/trial to get myself used to it, and then consider my induction period to be the two weeks after we return? Would love your feedback. Thanks for reading!
hi there and

You'll find a wealth of information and support on these boards. I hope you end up loving JUDDD!

I came over from vlc too, and initially worried that I wouldn't be able to meet my UD calories. Ha! Most days I'm trying not to go over on UD's. But I did add many carbs back in, and everyone is different. I'm sure you'll find your way.

When I first did JUDDD, I did DD's back to back once in a while, but did not enjoy it or find it helpful. Currently I'm doing a 4:3 because I just like to have two UD's on the weekends. I lower my weekday UD calories by about 400 to compensate, and it's working wonderfully so far. Experimenting is key! This WOE is incredibly flexible.

Good luck and again!
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Green -- I calculated my numbers with Little Exercise 1-3x per week. Should I have calculated for no exercise? Should my DDs be less?
Old 03-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

With no exercise ticked, that puts me at UD 1913, DD 383.

If I need to adjust down to 383 that isn't a big deal, I can just use 1T less MCT in my coffee and that'll knock me down to 359 cals on DD.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

So most but not all JUDDERS say go by "little to no exercise" cals. For me, being lightly active and having a good amount of LBM, what works for me best is as follows:

"little or no exercise," even though I am lightly active, and at 30-35% weight loss mode on DD's instead of the 20%. On those DD's, I made it my goal to eat as much protein as possible for the cals. So at 20% and no exercise, I am supposed to eat 1750 and 350, but I find I lose better and sleep better at 1750 and 500-600cals(mostly protein).

That's just my two cents.

IE/HDE with Potato Days
Goal of 126lbs or 20-21% BF
Old 03-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

interesting, thanks for the input, Green! did you do the 35% since the start, or did you do the induction for 2 weeks?
Old 03-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I tried to stay under 500 for the first two weeks. I didn't sleep well on DD's and would usually end up around 500-600 anyway with snacking to help me sleep. I eventually got to where I could stay under 350 but didn't see as much loss on the scale until I focused my dd's on protein and around 500-600 cals.. Could've just been juddd magic kicking in. who knows. I do think maintaining LBM is an important goal though and getting enough protein is very important to me.

As of this past weekend, I'm not weighing because I started supplementing with resistant starches and probiotics to restore gut flora. I know there is an increase in volume going on in my gut (sorry for TMI), so I don't want to be discouraged by not seeing losses on the scale.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

oh and also, it turns out that I usually end up doing a 4:3 now but I stuck to EOD rotations for the first two weeks. I would advise not doing 2 dd's in a row. After induction, make one a MD (moderate day) and only eat 1,000-1,200 (or whatever your DD number is at 60% maintainance). Or just two UD's in a row!

Though I would stick to the rotations while in induction.

Last edited by Green; 03-25-2014 at 01:58 PM..
Old 03-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the guidance, Green! Just noticed you only started this a couple of months ago, it is nice to hear that you got the process down so quickly and that you've been able to work out kinks and experiment in that amount of time! Good luck with your guts
Old 03-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Hi Guys! I'm a newbie to JUDDD, transitioning over from Atkins after sticking with it for a few months and not really getting anywhere -- I'm thinking I might need a mix of low carbs and calorie restriction.

On my up days, my plan is to still stay pretty low carb -- I am not a person that needs dessert everyday, but I do like to eat 1-2 servings of fruit a day, a great variety of veggies, and beans. I plan to continue to limit grains, breads, and pastries except for the occasional treat, ...

I am currently 5'6" and 177 lbs and will be 30 in a week. I am accepting of my weight possibly going up for a bit as I am no longer going to be restricting carbs to 20g per day, but am also keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't

Per Dr. J's calculator, my induction DD calories are 438 and my UD calories are 2192. I wonder if you all can give me an idea of whether or not it is okay to deviate from these numbers?... Normally I eat between 1400-1600 calories and could probably get up to 2000 some days, but I highly doubt that I can hit that number everyday....

I am curious to know what macronutrients promote the greatest success for you guys on your DDs....

Another thing I am curious about is whether or not folks ever do back to back DDs? I wonder about this as I am going to go away for the weekend next week, and I am wondering if I should do two DDs (Thu & Fri) in order to have two UDs (Sat & Sun), or if I should just do alternate days through the week and then just have UDs on Sat & Sun and just continue on from there? ...
Welcome to JUDDD, and the forum. I think it is a great plan, and I have had not just good weight loss success with it(48 pounds), but many other benefits-mood, energy, healing.

I stay(in general) low-carb on both my Down and Up Days. Say, 20grams on Down Days - 100grams on Up Days. When I over-indulge in carbs, it is harder to handle any hunger. This has gotten easier the longer I have done JUDDD, though, so from my experience I would urge you to stay low-carb in the beginning, until you have the rotations down. It IS a new thing to get used to, and so, a stressor.

You can definitely deviate from the numbers. Most people tweak them. I would urge you, however, to NOT go lower on your Up Days. Although Dr. Johnson doesn't say it in his book, members of the forum have found that you really need a generous swing between your calorie counts on Up and Down Days for the method to be effective. It is COMMON for people to stop losing weight if they lower their Up Day calories.

My personal experience is that I have never counted my calories on Up Days (knew I wouldn't sustain it), but I know basic calorie counts, and I often eat 3,000 calories on an Up Day. (I am 5'8", female, 49yrs, lazy as a slug). I do keep my Down Day calories pretty low. 420 or fewer, and I often fast. Maybe a handful of times I have had to do a Moderate Day(500-900 calories). Usually, I just say oops and turn it into an extra Up Day if I am feeling hungry(past enduring) on a Down Day.

Which brings me to the next question. I think most would encourage you to just have an extra Up Day on the weekends, and then swing back into normal rotations, and to NOT do two Down Days in a row, either before or after. Not saying none of us have done it, but I would consider it an expert's trick. (Look at that, calling myself an expert! Well, I have been JUDDDing for over a year. Wow, can barely believe it.)

Oh, and you may find it is actually quite easy to get to your calories on Up Days. When you are not kicking yourself because you are not hungry at all. That happens, too!

I would highly recommend reading as many of the threads, old and new, as you can. There is so much good information on this board. Some of us have journals, as well. It can be helpful to see the day by day action.

Good luck! Glad to have you here.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Thank you, and congratulations on your success!!! Saw you're from DFW, I just moved to Chicago in December from Austin, I've been missing that Texas weather like crazy!
Old 03-25-2014, 02:09 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
It is beautiful today. About 68, sunny, with just a slight breeze. I see it is about 40 degrees colder in Chicago. Brrr! Bundle up!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120

I, too, switched over from low-carb. I was sick of not being able to have a glass of wine, quality time with the DH because I was "dieting again." I do try to keep the carbs low. Not gonna lie though, on the UDs I do let the carbs creep up a bit.

This forum is extremely helpful and friendly. Reading through posts and the stickies is really helpful.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
in waves! I'm another one who came from VLC, and in fact I'm doing it now as a kind of shake up break. I'll be back to JUDDDing in a week, and I'm getting excited to get back to it.

Sirtain said everything just as I would have, so I won't add anything more, except to read as much as you can on all the threads you can find, and post your comments and questions freely. We love new JUDDD BUDDDs!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
!!! You sound like a pro already. The only thing that sent up a antennae for me was the exercise you had planned for today. I hope that didn't derail your first DD. Good luck on everything and I don't have anything pertinent to add that these wonderful JB's (JUDDD Buds) haven't already said.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:47 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Welcome! You have received tons of great feed back from lots of the JUDDD buds. Friday is my 2 year JUDDDiversary, so I'm in this for the long haul. I always used the little to no exercise regardless of my workouts. I think the swing between DD and UD is really important. I keep DD as low as I can (under 200) and enjoy my UDs, but for me they are only 1550

Like everyone has said, read and post often.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012

Lots of good advice, and lots to read.

Some if us in wlm and exercising are having some stalls and trying to figure that out. Some just juddd and exercise in maintenance. Ymmv, so just tuck that nugget away

S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:52 AM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Thanks everyone! You are all so super friendly and nice, it is so awesome to have this board as a resource -- here's hoping that I can be on the encouraging end of it soon, cheering on newbies and sharing experiences

My first DD was a success, I read at the end of it that I should have started on an UD, but it really wasn't bad despite only eating around 1000 calories the day before. I stuck with my coffee and gelatin and will cut out a tablespoon of MCT oil to drop down my calories to 350 next time. I really wasn't hungry aside from missing the action of eating, which was easily curbed with gelatin. I work from home and hate my job I worked a 10 hour day and then worked out for an hour without any sort of dizziness or anything, and now I can eat again but haven't yet this morning because I can't decide what I want! I am sipping on a butter/MCT coffee again this morning but it is going down pretty slow.

What foods do you guys like to break your fasts with?

My boyfriend has a gallon of ice cream in the freezer which of course sounds like a delicious and horrific way to break my fast, but since low carbing before switching over to JUDDD killed my cravings for sugars, it is more of a funny, indulgent mental image (what 30 year old has ice cream for breakfast?!) than something I am actually interested in pursuing. I will probably end up making a couple of eggs and a few slices of canadian bacon and an avocado on top whenever I start feeling hungry (my usual low carb brunch), and then have a grapefruit (!!!!) and snackable veggies this afternoon. I'm going to a girlfriend's house for dinner tonight, and I am not sure what she's got planned, but I figure I will take it easy during the day and then if I don't think that I hit my calories at her house (though I probably will, there will be wine!) I'll have a snack afterward.

kwerp -- I, like you, am also so sick of "dieting again" during quality time with my love. He's a foodie, and it not only bums me out, it bums him out as well when I can't enjoy with him... we either end up just not going out, or we go somewhere and he eats something lovely and I eat a salad and sulk. Not being able to go out to restaurants because you're not sure what ingredients are hidden in your food, or not being able to have a cocktail with friends, that sucks! My birthday is next week, and I would like to be able to go out to dinner and not throw myself into a complete tailspin from one night like I would be likely to do with continued low carb. Not that I plan to gorge or anything like that, but it is nice to know that I can have a piece of birthday cake and a glass of wine and not completely sabotage my diet.

Librarygirl - thanks for your note RE: my activity level. I am not sure how to gauge what I should be doing for exercise. Do people not exercise on DDs? Or was my routine too intense?

Is anyone doing callenetics? I am thinking of getting a couple of DVDs for my DDs as they seem to be pretty gentle but really effective.

Carley, Soren, everyone else -- you all look great and I am so happy that you've been offering me your valuable insight! Hope to keep hearing from you

Now, to cook some eggs...

XO Morgan
Old 03-26-2014, 09:27 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Hey Morgan. It sounds like you got off to a great start! I like how you've weighed the consequences of starting out on ice cream today. I doubt your age has any bearing on desire (for ice cream). However, it might throw you into a gluttonous frenzy of "must eat sugar" all day. I have been there lol. However, in my diet there is always room for ice cream. Usually at the end of the day.

As for exercising on DDs--I was only worried because it was your first DD and some have reported increased hunger after exercise, especially in the beginning. If you didn't experience that, then there's nothing wrong with exercising on any day. Some believe that strength training should be done only on UDs because of inadequate calories/protein for muscle building on DDs...but it's all up to you.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:46 AM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Morgan, it sounds like you did great on your first DD, so !

Your typical brunch meal sounds delicious! I love LC foods, and that just made my mouth water!

I have been doing Callanetics pretty regularly for several months, and I love it. I have the 10 Years in 10 Hours DVD, and I've also found some of the other DVDs posted on YouTube, but I usually just stick to the 10 in 10 workout. I can do it without the video now, and just listen to music or watch TV while I do it. Every month or so I do it to the video to make sure I'm not slacking on form or anything. The toning I've experienced really is amazing. I was just noticing how hard and smooth my leg muscles are (underneath the.....er....fat layer!) and how exciting it is that once I lose the fat layer how great that will look.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
It sounds like you are off to a great start.

Most UD mornings I stand in front of the fridge like this unless I'm craving protein and have steak for breakfast. Yum
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:03 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Carol -- thanks for the feedback on callenetics! I used to do pilates and loved it so I am hoping this is similar, and I really want to be able to work out 5 days a week but now am cautious of impending exhaustion on fast days so it'd be nice to have something that involves toning rather than cardio in case it is too tiring.

Sammyann -- LOL that is exactly how I felt this morning! I was sure I would wake up so hungry that I would want to eat everything but I mostly spent the first few hours of being awake feeling totally bewildered and kept opening and closing the refrigerator
Old 03-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Yay for an awesome first dd!
Old 03-26-2014, 10:40 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
Quote:

(what 30 year old has ice cream for breakfast?!)
I am 36 and I would totally do this

I came from the Atkins side and at first I was scared to death to eat anything except eggs on DD's. I still mostly avoid bread and sugar just because they set off crazy cravings. I have been breaking my DD fast with bacon and eggs but am going to experiment because I seem to be super hungry all day afterwards.
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:33 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Hey Demonica!

That is sort of what I am worried about happening, I am wondering if my first super easy fast day was a fluke or if going high-fat is really the way to be. I read somewhere that fat doesn't break a fast, so that would be cool if it is true, and also in my experience proteins and carbs both make me experience cravings a little stronger. I am on my second DD today and I am going to do my fat-heavy coffee again today (2T butter, 1T MCT oil, 1/4t almond extract = 303 cals), along with munching on a pint of gelatin throughout the day (2T gelatin + 1/2 t flavor extract = 56 cals) and then a cucumber with salt and pepper for a dinner snack with the bf (1.5 cups = 24 calories), which should put me precisely at my mark (383 cals).

Here we go, hope it is as easy as last time!
Old 03-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Morgan Sorry I was out of town and missed your first post.

Sounds like you are doing great!

Wanted to mention that I work out at the gym on DDs, 2 to 3 days per week in the mornings.

I find it way easier than UDs and I think it might be because I'm really nourished from the previous UD. So, that's what works best for me.

I also have read that eating fat does not break a fast and I love having coconut oil stirred into a hot drink. It's great in broth, LC hot chocolate or even some flavors of tea. For me, it really abolishes any hunger I might be feeling, head or tummy, and it ups my energy greatly.

So glad you are here! Hope all is well today for you.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCo77
Stats: 260/222/160
WOE: JUDDD + Mod carb
Start Date: Atkins- Jan 2013 / JUDDD Feb 2014
Great start Morgan! I read through everyone's advice to you, and it was helpful for me too! I was the same as you... came from Atkins to JUDDD. I have been doing JUDDD for about six weeks, and haven't had results yet, so I am going to tweak some stuff this week and see how it goes!

This board is an amazing group of people!

Laura
LoCo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:35 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo77 View Post
I read through everyone's advice to you, and it was helpful for me too! I was the same as you... came from Atkins to JUDDD. I have been doing JUDDD for about six weeks, and haven't had results yet, so I am going to tweak some stuff this week and see how it goes!
It's good that you're sticking with the programme and ready to start tweaking - what are you planning to do?

Usual stuff - if you've not altered scale weight, have you measured, noticed anything about your clothes, etc. etc.? (For a while last year, we had an outbreak of JUDDD BUDDs shoes no longer fitting them and falling off in awkward situations just because loss of weight -> less broad feet...)
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!

I am one week. (4 fast days in) on JUDDD and really enjoying it so far! Today is my 30th birthday and my birthday present to myself is a) saving some of my feast day calories for cake!, b) not weighing myself until May 1st, and c) starting callanetics. I just did my first workout last night and thought I did it wrong, it was so gentle. I was like, "oh man, I must've done it the lazy way, I am not counting this as my start day, I'll try again tomorrow and work harder"... and my whole dang body is hurting today! LOL. I like that. I like that I didn't notice it working but it suuuuuure did. Can't wait to do it again today Thanks for all of the advice and well-wishes, I appreciate them!

I have not seen a great change in weight during the last week, but I am not surprised as I switched from eating 20g carbs per day to not even paying attention to them, but I was shocked that my weight didn't go up from adding them back in, whoo hooooo!!

This morning I was at 175.6 but I'm not really counting it as yesterday was a DD, so here's hoping at the end of May when I check in I'm under 170! Fingers crossed, and no crying if it doesn't happen that way