Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 07:13 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
How's Your UD Morning Going?

JoyJoy suggested this, maybe kidding, but I think it will be fun. Maybe we can post our goals for our UD. This week I want to keep sugar out of my UDs.
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2014, 07:27 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Green
Stats: no scale unless doing PHD
WOE: HDE, Potatoes as needed
Start Date: May 2014
Mine is going well! Great DD yesterday. Had yogurt with strawberries, cocoa powder, and stevia for breakfast. Making good high protein choices today!
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:21 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Thanks, CC.
Mine is okay. I learn the most from UDs. Started with a great egg-white-veggie omelette at about 11 am. I think I need to start later, yet, because all I want to do is eat as soon as I start. Crazy.
Still far, far better than what I was doing with chocolate salt caramels earlier in the week.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Mine is going great! I got to sleep in this morning. yay! So far I've just had coffee. Not really hungry which is the norm for me these days.

I want to try to get 100 grams of protein in today, so my brunch or lunch is going to be a turkey burger for 28 grams of protein and I'll be on my way!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:46 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling really great this morning and not too hungry. I've had several cups of coffee with HH so maybe that's the reason. Coming off 2 DDs in a row and feel pleased I accomplished it. Now I'm going into 3 UDs so it will be interesting to see how things look Monday. The way I feel now, though, I will most likely do fine because there are no special treats calling to me.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:41 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I didn't plan my breakfast, which is not good. What I tend to do when I get to work on UDs is snack. I may try to boil two eggs right now! Ok, off to do it.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:01 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
Having a great UD so far. I'm having left over new York strip for breakfast. I guess my body was craving protein.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

So, I finally had breakfast, a can of tuna with melted cheddar. Strange breakfast, but guess I needed the protein.

We're planning a day at Brookgreen Gardens. I'm very excited. It's so beautiful and relaxing. If you want you can go to brookgreen.org and take a look. We'll be having lunch today in the gardens. The walls of the restaurant are glass so you can look out at the live oaks and the flowers. It's one of my favorite places.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:46 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Mine is not so good...I ate a dark chocolate cherry brownie that was as work. yep, brownie and coffee.
I have been resisting stepping on the scale since it is more of a de-motivator for me (I am a painfully slow loser) but I did it today before I leave for a week long conference. Sure enough, it demotivated me. I had been sticking to low carb but today feeling depressed and fed up I gave in to that brownie I had resisted yesterday.

After reading the boards though, I am going to take advice from several others and try to make the rest of the day a high protein day. And use my irritation from the scale to remember to "behave" while at the conference (it is notorious for its evening receptions with constant free food and drink).

now on to better decisions
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

That sounds really nice, Carolina. I haven't been there in nearly 20 years. I might ask bf if we can go there for my BD weekend. Thanks for the idea!
Old 03-21-2014, 08:35 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Woke up starving today. Thank goodness it's an UD. I got to my local bagel shop before they were open.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5 - 117 p/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Woke up starving today. Thank goodness it's an UD. I got to my local bagel shop before they were open.
Starving does not sound good!!! So is the magnesium working for you?? I recall reading it would help with all kinds of things, was weight control one of them? I ordered mine on Monday, said it would take 7 - 10 days to get it. Please keep us posted, maybe a "thread" here on JUDDD about magnesium would be neat!

Last edited by leonak; 03-21-2014 at 11:23 AM..
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: where's_kyla?
Stats: 208/not sure, think im down about 20/175 - 5'10"
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Jan. 11, 2014
i felt kind of ripped off because i was looking forward to today because I was so hungry yesterday, then woke up not very hungry :/ I have had eggs but they have not been very exciting.

Im going to try and make something really yummy for dinner today, or else I will feel ripped off again and then i wont be happy tomorrow on my DD.
where's_kyla? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Starving does not sound good!!! So is the magnesium working for you?? I recall reading it would help with all kinds of things, was weight control one of them? I ordered mine on Monday, said it would take 7 - 10 days to get it. Please keep us posted, maybe a "thread" here on JUDDD about magnesium would be neat!
I've only just had one dose yesterday and one so far today. I think I'll take a second dose this afternoon. I have noticed a slight increase in energy, though I'm also taking cold medicine and that often makes me "amped," so I'm not sure which is affecting that. I'll start a thread.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5 - 117 p/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Dawn - you are a real sweety!

Thanks!
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #16

Any time. Wish I had more to add to it.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:41 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
That sounds really nice, Carolina. I haven't been there in nearly 20 years. I might ask bf if we can go there for my BD weekend. Thanks for the idea!
You might want to check out Litchfield Golf and Beach Resort. They sometimes have specials online. Our last weekend trip down to Brookgreen we stayed there and it was great.

We had a really nice time yesterday. The daffodils are almost over and the tulips just beginning, so it wasn't the best day for flowers, but it was a sunny and really pleasant day.

I had a yogurt with cashews and an Atkins bar before bed last night that I hadn't planned, but no sugar, so yesterday was a success, and I was only up .2 pounds this morning.

Today is my second UD. I had a toasted asiago bagel with ham and egg for breakfast. Tonight is Mexican, so no lunch or snacks except coffee with HH. Again, if I stay away from sugar I'll have it made. That's my weekend goal.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

We would probably do a day trip to the gardens. It's too much trouble to plan for a place for 2 dogs and 3 cats to stay while we're away lol. Plus, it would save some $$. Maybe by next weekend there will be more flowers in bloom.

My morning is going well. I'm having a bagel thin with LC garlic/herbs spread. I also made some steel-cut oats with raspberries, so it will be my brunch.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

So far, so good. I got through yesterday without sugar, so another success. Right now there are coconut pecan cookies in the house, it's almost 2 pm and they're not tempting me. If I get antsy I'll have an Atkins bar with coffee. At least they don't send me on a binge. Had a bagel sandwich for lunch and planning homemade pizza for dinner. It makes the Atkins bar seem a little futile, but it will help me if for no other reason than it's not sugar.

I'm very curious how three UDs in a row translate on the scale. Couldn't be more ready for a DD. Looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I had a great morning! Up early, coffee with half and half. No hunger problems to deal with after a good 195 calorie DD yesterday.

Off to church. I put a big batch of brown rice in broth on to cook so it would be ready and thawed out some tilapia fillets.

So, lunch was tilapia, brown rice, steamed broccoli and a glass of wine.

Can't complain. JUDDD magic is on the move.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast View Post
So far, so good. I got through yesterday without sugar, so another success. Right now there are coconut pecan cookies in the house, it's almost 2 pm and they're not tempting me. If I get antsy I'll have an Atkins bar with coffee. At least they don't send me on a binge. Had a bagel sandwich for lunch and planning homemade pizza for dinner. It makes the Atkins bar seem a little futile, but it will help me if for no other reason than it's not sugar.

I'm very curious how three UDs in a row translate on the scale. Couldn't be more ready for a DD. Looking forward to tomorrow.
I am a chicken and wouldn't weigh for 3 more days after 3 up days. Someone gave me advice to get 2 down days done first (not consecutive) and I took it. You are obviously a girl who looks the scale in the face!

I still use sugar free stuff like Atkins bars, even though I don't completely avoid sugar. I don't see the point of sugar in things like granola bars and packaged candy, when the sugar free stuff doesn't trigger a binge or give me a let down later. When I have an opportunity for something out of the ordinary on an up day, I will allow the sugar. It's still a treat food and I hope to keep it in that category.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

If I don't weigh, I'm more likely to be lax. I know it will be bad tomorrow because I had a lot of carbs. Oh well, at least I made my goal which was no sugar. I've been bingeing on it since December 1st when I started sabotaging myself. That day I didn't weigh, but my clothes fit me perfectly. It made me crazy and I ruined it. It's been a lifelong struggle. Success is very uncomfortable for me. But I'm sick to death of the sabotage so I'm ready to face it head on. Getting rid of the sugar is a start. I'm not saying I'll never have it again, but for now it has to go.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:55 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120
My UD is going well so far. Have the usual LC thing planned:
B - 2 eggs, 1 piece bacon, coffe + coconut oil and butter
L - my sloppy joe mix with zucchini
D - Not entirely sure yet...probably a big ol' salad with hard-boiled eggs. I'm using some of the freedom on my UD to use my garlic & herb (Good Seasonings) salad dressing I always stock up on while I'm in the US. It's 135 cal for 2 tbl, so it's sooooo not appropriate for DDs.
S - I'll most likely have a LC chocolate cake in a mug.

All that said, I think I may have figured out what I was doing wrong with JUDDD last time: I was coming off of nutritional ketosis. I was losing weight, yes, but I was cranky and sick of being restricted from treats. Put it on the "never" list, and I want it like mad. So my UDs were more like binges. I was making up for the month of LC restriction, and my weight crept up.

I want to give this a serious go, because I see so many here who have the JUDDD calm, and are successful, and have adopted this as a WOL, not merely just a WOE. So really, I need to quit thinking of my UDs as binges. But, I want to also look at UDs as a way to be social when I need to be, or enjoy some time with my DH if he wants to have a pizza + movie night. However, if it's just a normal day - I shouldn't be having an UUAD. That's where I need to reign it in. So today I'm going to try to stick to my UD allotment, but not eat junk food.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:24 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling good this morning. I'm really enjoying my coffee. Last night I woke up a few times thinking about food, but I'm not too hungry this morning. My day is all planned. I'm starting with a cheese omelet.

This is several UDs in a row that I've gained after my DD, but I'm not discouraged because I had a big loss after my UD Tuesday. Looks like things are backwards for me that way for now, so I'm just keeping on with my plan.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:50 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

So welll. I slept like a baby for 9 hours straight. My DD was a little higher than normal at 750 cals. I still woke up and weighed at 143.3 lbs which is a new low, I believe.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:03 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

That's great!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:10 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast View Post
Feeling good this morning. I'm really enjoying my coffee. Last night I woke up a few times thinking about food, but I'm not too hungry this morning. My day is all planned. I'm starting with a cheese omelet.

This is several UDs in a row that I've gained after my DD, but I'm not discouraged because I had a big loss after my UD Tuesday. Looks like things are backwards for me that way for now, so I'm just keeping on with my plan.
Keep on keeping on! You're doing great. Enjoy that cheese omelet too! Yum!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

My UD morning is going like it usually does--at work. At home I can usually skip eating till lunch... I just ate a pimento cheese sandwich, and now have 442 calories under my belt, including this morning's coffee. So, I will have to watch it the rest of the day in order to stay within my budget.

Conversely, DDs are easier at work.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 03-27-2014 at 07:12 AM..
Old 03-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCo77
Stats: 260/222/160
WOE: JUDDD + Mod carb
Start Date: Atkins- Jan 2013 / JUDDD Feb 2014
I haven't eaten anything yet... UDs are my nemesis. I really struggle to not go crazy. So I have a tendency to hold off eating because as long as I am fasting, I am in control. Ugh, that doesn't sound very mentally stable.

I am bringing soup and sauteed cabbage for lunch. A questbar for breakfast, maybe.

I have been on JUDDD for 8 weeks now... haven't lost a single pound yet. Up a couple, down a couple, same 2-3lbs, over and over. I know my UD are sometimes too high, but my DDs have been pretty good the whole time (twice I was over). But it's not like my UDs are thousands of calories over, just a few hundred sometimes. Sigh. I just keep thinking "give it time, give it time", but it is so very frustrating. My sister and I started this plan together, she started ten pounds higher than me, and now she is 15lbs lower. It's not a competition, I know, and every body is different.

I'm just REALLY trying to hang in there... mainly because nothing else has ever worked either besides extremely low cal/low carb, (<900/<20) but that isn't sustainable for me for very long, and I don't know what else to try.

Anyway, sorry for the rant... have a good day everyone, off to work for me!

Laura
LoCo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:00 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo77 View Post
I haven't eaten anything yet... UDs are my nemesis. I really struggle to not go crazy. So I have a tendency to hold off eating because as long as I am fasting, I am in control. Ugh, that doesn't sound very mentally stable.

I am bringing soup and sauteed cabbage for lunch. A questbar for breakfast, maybe.

I have been on JUDDD for 8 weeks now... haven't lost a single pound yet. Up a couple, down a couple, same 2-3lbs, over and over. I know my UD are sometimes too high, but my DDs have been pretty good the whole time (twice I was over). But it's not like my UDs are thousands of calories over, just a few hundred sometimes. Sigh. I just keep thinking "give it time, give it time", but it is so very frustrating. My sister and I started this plan together, she started ten pounds higher than me, and now she is 15lbs lower. It's not a competition, I know, and every body is different.

I'm just REALLY trying to hang in there... mainly because nothing else has ever worked either besides extremely low cal/low carb, (<900/<20) but that isn't sustainable for me for very long, and I don't know what else to try.

Anyway, sorry for the rant... have a good day everyone, off to work for me!

Laura
I'm so sorry you're struggling Laura. I'm sure some JB's will be along to offer suggestions and encouragement. I know it's taken others some time before the weight starts to drop off, but 8 weeks does sound like a while to not see any loss. There will probably be a suggested tweak to what you're doing that others can offer that will help!

I don't think it's mentally unstable to extend your fast as long as possible, either. I try not to do it so long that I end up starving and go crazy at lunch, but I'm the same way when it comes to eating. Once I start, it's hard to stop! I think a lot of us are that way unfortunately haha
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote