Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ldavis
Stats: 226/220/160
WOE: juddd
Start Date: December 2013
pterostilobene

When did this kick in for everyon, jjust started taking it yesterday. Haven't noticed any difference in appetite yet.
ldavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
May I ask how many mgs you are taking?

My first time around I only took one of the Jarrow brand per day. 50mg.

This time I read that most JUDDD BUDDs who use it are taking 150 mgs per day. I did some research on the web to find out more about it and I also ran it by my DIL who is a Physician's Assistant (we call her the doctor of the family).

She did some research and decided to start taking it too!

Anyway, I noticed the difference within about 3-4 days of starting to take the higher dose daily. Now on DDs I add one more 50 mg tablet in the afternoon.

Be aware that in the past a few people have said that they tried it and got headaches. I never did. I just noticed increased energy and decrease in appetite.

Hope it works out for you!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:36 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I started out taking 150mg every morning and never really did feel it was making any difference. Until a few weeks in I just quit taking it for some reason, and then I could really feel how much difference it had been making. My appetite really increased not taking it. I've been taking it faithfully ever since!

I'm not saying it will completely stave off the hunger pangs, or the head hunger, but it sure does help!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:26 AM   #4

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I only took 50g for the first year or so. I would say I noticed some hunger lessening, but not a great deal.

Once I started taking the 150 I am certain I have less hunger. I would describe it as not 'thinking' about food as often.

I do occasionally feel hunger 'rumbles' but I welcome them, they are the message that means my body is working to make me slimmer. I drink a glass of water and move on.

Head hunger on the other hand is less easily dealt with. That is when I come here and all my great BUDDDs give me strength.

Remember, 'Hunger is not an Emergency!'

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:46 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ldavis
Stats: 226/220/160
Start Date: December 2013
Thanks so much I also am taking the Jarrow brand 150 mg because I read what everyone was posting and seemed to be a good dose. So I am on day two so will see if it starts getting better.

Any other appetite suppressants anyone suggests? Also am taking the glucommannon. I just need to quit falling off the wagon and lose this weight.
ldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:54 AM   #6

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
The best appetite suppression, honestly IMHO, is just doing rotations. Your body WILL adjust and expect less food on alternate days. Also, finding the combination that works for you, whether it be mainly protein, mainly fat, or bulk, or any combination of the three (bulk and protein work for me), to keep you satisfied.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:00 AM   #7

I used to use Psyllium husk tablets. A bit like Gluc, they expand in the stomach and you have to drink plenty of water with them.

I always have few with me but seldom find the need to use them these days.

My guess is that it is the head hunger that is really getting to you. Most hunger pangs/pains just go if you aren't dehydrated and are happily occupied. Boredom and thirst are the enemies of the dieter.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
The best appetite suppression, honestly IMHO, is just doing rotations. Your body WILL adjust and expect less food on alternate days. Also, finding the combination that works for you, whether it be mainly protein, mainly fat, or bulk, or any combination of the three (bulk and protein work for me), to keep you satisfied.

Re-read the chapter in Johnson's book about the rescue gene. It's what Dawn said. When it builds up in you (and I believe Pterostilbene really helps that happen, too, but DDs mostly do it) the sirtuins in your system are the best appetite suppressant.

Also, I always think of the great explanation Dukan gives in his book about why protein is an appetite suppressant. When I started upping my protein (per Leo41's suggestion) on both DDs and UDs my appetite completely disappeared except for what is "normal". I no longer have the desire to over eat. Ever.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
I took my first 50 mg of PSB yesterday afternoon. I did notice that I was not feeling very hungry in the evening, although when I did eat, I had that this-is-the-best-thing taste sensation that comes with being truly hungry. I enjoyed my dinner and didn't crave beyond what I had planned. Nice for an up day. Now let's see what happens on a down day.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:41 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brainardt
Stats: 212/192/170 (1st goal) 5'8" 27 y.o
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 31, 2014
Ok, this may be silly & you all can tell me to just google it if you want , but what ia ptero? Why do so many take it and what is the purpose? Perhaps I am in the dark because I've never read Johnson's book...
brainardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MillyBee
Stats: No scale ATM
Start Date: March 3,2014
Great question,

I hope someone answers it soon.
MillyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #12

If you are feeling strong, have a look at this.

Please post your pterostilbene results :)

Dr J doesn't mention it, he recommends Resveratrol, similar but not the same. I take both.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:40 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Ptero comes from blueberries. Resveratrol comes from grapes. As you do your research on line, the biggest thing that comes up is that Ptero gets into cells faster and does it's anti-aging work better than Res.

Check it out! Good stuff!
Old 03-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pterostilbene

Pterostilbene is a stilbenoid chemically related to resveratrol and is found in blueberries. It belongs to the group of phytoalexins, agents produced by plants to fight infections.[1] Based on animal studies it is thought to exhibit anti-cancer, anti-hypercholesterolemia, anti-hypertriglyceridemia properties, as well as the ability to fight off and reverse cognitive decline. It is believed that the compound also has anti-diabetic properties
Old 03-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brainardt
Stats: 212/192/170 (1st goal) 5'8" 27 y.o
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 31, 2014
Thank you all!! Very interesting, I may have to order some!
brainardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #16

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I have been taking it since that other thread started. In other words.....a long time!! I ordered 3 bottles and am on the last one now. And I don't know if it is working or not. I cannot tell a difference. I take it every day, and on the odd day that I forget to take it....nothing different. No extra hunger or no less hunger. So I honestly don't know if it is working...for me. Once my doctorvitamin supply is gone not sure if I will continue on. I do believe that it does some good for my insides though!!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
I had forgotten about this. It was very helpful to me at one time. Will be looking for some tomorrow.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:08 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
When I started I did not notice a difference. But then I was deep into JUDDD when I started ptero (was already taking res) and had great appetite suppression and lots of energy. I kept taking it because I had paid for it and was not going to waste the money.

Then, I ran out and stopped taking. Within a few days my energy dropped and my hunger started nudging me. So, I ordered more. And took 50 to 100 mg/day. Recently, I escalated to 150 to 200 mg/day (read a study that said ptero is very good for pancreatic beta cells).

Nowadays, I am a committed taker of ptero and res!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:47 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Those of us who are non-responders to the pterostilbene (amongst others) and yes, I am looking at both Dawns here, I've been looking at some of the patch systems for supplements that are available from some companies. One of them is doing a patch for resveratrol but not pterostilbene.

I'm in 2 minds but I've occasionally wondered if I'd fare better with a patch than taking a supplement orally (genetically, you can be the sort of person who handles things differently and a skin-absorbed dose might perhaps stand more chance of being absorbed in a therapeutic dose by us than attempting to derive anything from the stomach).

However, the sole company I've found that makes a resveratrol patch in the US only offers a 75mg patch on the grounds that they claim you'll absorb most of this so don't need the higher dosages in capsules, much of which can be lost during its handling in the stomach (depending on how you process supplements).

I'm nervous of patches because I have absurdly sensitive skin and can't wear normal skin plasters because the adhesive blisters my skin. Sometime when he's next in the US, I shall have DH interrogate AgeForce's Customer Service people as they don't offer much information about the material of their patches.

Nov 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I'm nervous of patches because I have absurdly sensitive skin and can't wear normal skin plasters because the adhesive blisters my skin. Sometime when he's next in the US, I shall have DH interrogate AgeForce's Customer Service people as they don't offer much information about the material of their patches.
Me too! Whatever the lab uses for after blood draws is the worst!! I make them use a self-adhesive wrap instead. Awesome.

Nexcare brand band-aids do not bother me at all, if that's available to you to try. Mostly, I "roll my own." I use the thin brown tape that they give me at the dermatologist. You can buy it at the drugstore, too, various widths. And then I use Telfa pads cut to size. I can use this even on my face with no problems.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote