Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I don't struggle with this issue and I did feel movitaved when I saw new, lower numbers. Just today, I weighed in at 122.9 and that just made me want to see 121 even more. I hope you decide you deserve succuss and try to avoid self- sabotage
I saw 120.7 today. Like I said, that lower number encouraged me to have 2 great DDs (Monday and Wednesday). I want the numbers to creep down some more so I'll eat my dinner tonight and then fast till a late dinner tomorrow. I know I deserve to feel great and I do for the most part, but I think I will feel fabulous at 117 or so, so I think I want to make it a reality. The positive thinking is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
I have been self sabotaging (and self soothing) with cocktails since last Saturday. Never to the point of impairment, but too many calories wasted.
I think I may have uncovered a new tool in my tool box today:
I ate a rather large and satisfying (healthy, too) breakfast.
Then about 1PM I ate my 'main' meal. Even had a nice and kind of big dessert.
I feel very satisfied and have plenty of calories left for a very light supper ~ planning a hard boiled egg and some broth.
I will NOT have enough calories left for cocktails!
Essentially, in this routine, I will be starting my DD fast at about 2PM on my UD.
If this works as I hope it will I may continue it on UDs.
Thoughts?
I think we all have to find our unique pattern. I try to eat as little as possible until as late in the day as I can make it. Getting dinner together now at 9:20pm. Then go to bed full and hopefully sleep through the night.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/163.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
So, I didn't care for the way the day unfolded. By bedtime I felt rather like I had 2 DDs in a row as I was hungry and dissatisfied.
Still working on this.
So much to think about.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120
I definitely self sabotage.
I was down to 127 in February, and then slowly let it all creep back. I know the catalyst was social events and alcohol. Then the "well, today is already blown, so I might as well make the most of it" mentality. Then I get aggravated that the weight is creeping on after all my hard work....then I just get depressed and over eat. Simple as that. Probably why I've been struggling with this for a solid 2.5 years.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
I definitely self sabotage.
I was down to 127 in February, and then slowly let it all creep back. I know the catalyst was social events and alcohol. Then the "well, today is already blown, so I might as well make the most of it" mentality. Then I get aggravated that the weight is creeping on after all my hard work....then I just get depressed and over eat. Simple as that. Probably why I've been struggling with this for a solid 2.5 years.
I love your picture!!!
So cute.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120
Quote:
I love your picture!!!
So cute.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:25 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainardt View Post
I had posted in the daily weigh in thread that I deserved a couple pound gain after an UD became a MD and a DD became an UD. As always, SlowSure was insightful and asked why it happened... and that got me thinking.

For some time now I've been aware of my tendency to self sabotage. I know I do it, but I don't know exactly why. I could give some guesses, but I'm no psychologist. I see it coming before it happens, but somehow still end up feeling powerless to it for a few days.

When I hit my new low last Friday morning (hadn't seen that low of a number in a couple years) I suddenly had a feeling that I was headed into destruction mode. And I did. It was as if I couldn't stop it. And I'm having a tough time recovering this week.

I guess my question is: does anyone else do this? Shouldn't new lows be a big motivator to keep going, not a trigger to derail? If others do this, how do you stop it? Any tips and similar stories are welcomed!

Thanks in advance, JUDDD Buds
This is my issue completely. I'm one who is very uncomfortable with success. When I reach my goals it makes me extremely uncomfortable, almost a crazy feeling, and I sabotage myself. I've been fighting this for years. My husband thinks it has a lot to do with how I was raised. Whenever I felt good about myself my parents would be sure to bring me down a notch or two to keep me "humble." Now I make sure I do it to myself. It's a horrible struggle.

Back on December 1st I was just right that morning. I didn't weigh, but my clothes fit perfectly and I immediately started having that crazy feeling like I couldn't stand it. That night I binged and I've been battling for the past three months. I'm finally sick of it, so fighting back again. Today I started posting on the daily weigh-in thread so I will be publicly accountable. Hopefully it will help.

Self-sabotage is exhausting!
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:52 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast View Post
This is my issue completely. I'm one who is very uncomfortable with success. When I reach my goals it makes me extremely uncomfortable, almost a crazy feeling, and I sabotage myself. I've been fighting this for years. My husband thinks it has a lot to do with how I was raised. Whenever I felt good about myself my parents would be sure to bring me down a notch or two to keep me "humble." Now I make sure I do it to myself. It's a horrible struggle.

Back on December 1st I was just right that morning. I didn't weigh, but my clothes fit perfectly and I immediately started having that crazy feeling like I couldn't stand it. That night I binged and I've been battling for the past three months. I'm finally sick of it, so fighting back again. Today I started posting on the daily weigh-in thread so I will be publicly accountable. Hopefully it will help.

Exhausting is the perfect description.
We would never ever be as mean to anyone else as we are, sometimes, to ourselves.
Please post one or two of the wonders of YOU in the 'I'm Worth it' thread. I'd love to know you better.
Hugs.
P
Old 03-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Exhausting is the perfect description.
We would never ever be as mean to anyone else as we are, sometimes, to ourselves.
Please post one or two of the wonders of YOU in the 'I'm Worth it' thread. I'd love to know you better.
Hugs.
P
You know, Pat, I can't even read that thread much less post in it. I tried to read it and it makes me feel very uneasy. I may try again at your suggestion.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brainardt
Stats: 212/192/170 (1st goal) 5'8" 27 y.o
Start Date: January 31, 2014
Quote:

Great post! And you're right, it is completely exhausting.

We're all in this together. We're all just working one day at time to be the best version of ourselves.

Who WE want to be. Not what others have placed upon us.

Love yourself for who you are ♥
brainardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You know, Pat, I can't even read that thread much less post in it. I tried to read it and it makes me feel very uneasy. I may try again at your suggestion.
It's hard, isn't it? I mean to love ourselves.
I know honey.
Dip your toe in there and tell us about you.
I'll start you out:
You are posting on a forum that will support you to the nth degree.
Big hugs.
P
Old 03-24-2014, 10:53 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

You're so sweet! Thank you.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainardt View Post
Great post! And you're right, it is completely exhausting.

We're all in this together. We're all just working one day at time to be the best version of ourselves.

Who WE want to be. Not what others have placed upon us.

Love yourself for who you are ♥
This is truly a big key. I know exactly what I want to be, what I want to look like, where I feel the happiest. Leaving everybody else out of the equation may make it possible to get there and maybe even live there.