Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Signs of progress

I smiled this morning. Unusual because it was after weighing. And yesterday was an UD where I had a cup of macaroni and cheese casserole just before I went to bed!

Normally I wouldn't dare step on that metal monster in such circumstances!. But I did.

My after UD weight is now what my after DD weight was on 3/1.

That's what made me smile!

On 3/1 after a DD I finally hit 11 pounds down (still chipping away at my 2013 gain) and then gradually went to 11.4 down and now 11.6 down after DDs.

But now my after UD number is consistently 11 pounds down which means I'm really making progress!!!

I know this is a silly thing to share, but it was a big deal to me when I was doing JUDDD in 2012. When your "new high" was your "old low" it's pretty cool. To me, anyway.

Another sign of progress: Not wanting to dive in and eat everything in sight on UDs!!! Yesterday was an UD and I definitely was not ravenous. Not even slightly hungry. At. All.

My eating was very pleasant and very controlled. Even the macaroni and cheese with a late dinner was controlled.

Tough DDs don't turn into UUAADs lately. I'm learning how to tough it out when stress is making me want to dive head first into a bag of Lay's Wavy potato chips on a DD!!!

Learning the tricks of the trade so to speak. A nice tangy glass of ice water with lemon or ACV to stave off cravings.

Reading what the JUDDD BUDDs are up to or writing long, silly posts like this one on DDs to keep the fires of motivation stoked and burning bright!

Progress.

What are some of your signs of progress? Skinny jeans? Shopping in your closet? (I'm not really there too much yet). More energy? DD calm? Anything?

I want to hear more. Let's encourage each other!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Reboot 10/2013
Isn't it great!! I don't know what does it, but for some reason after a bunch of crazy UDs, you suddenly feel ok and like you're not really hungry, and I've even stopped craving the bad stuff - I'm all about me some great salads, and hummus with veggies whereas I use to wants bagels, bagels, and bagels LOL!!
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybarometer View Post
Isn't it great!! I don't know what does it, but for some reason after a bunch of crazy UDs, you suddenly feel ok and like you're not really hungry, and I've even stopped craving the bad stuff - I'm all about me some great salads, and hummus with veggies whereas I use to wants bagels, bagels, and bagels LOL!!
It is great!!! Carly said something lately that has really stuck with me and somehow made my UDs even better. She said that once you realize every UD does not have to be amazing, the whole rotation thing gets better and easier.

Yeah, in the beginning it was - "Wow! I can eat whatever I want 'cos it's an UD!!! Woooo-Hoooo!!" And in our minds, we have a free-for-all because we are making up for all the deprivation of every other diet we have ever been on that had so many restrictions and off-limits foods.

But just keep going and like Dr. Varady and Dr. Mosley say, we tend to start craving healthier food choices because of the changes that are happening inside our bodies.

I actually found myself craving lean protein yesterday. Maybe because I had read some of Mike's comments about the importance of protein when it comes to preserving LBM or maybe just because I had planned on it.

Also, there is no explanation for the post DD appetite suppression that kicked in for me except that ADF - sirtuin enzymes maybe -- are causing positive changes.

Whatever it is, I feel more in control on UDs as time goes along.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm so glad to read this, Yam! Signs of progress are really what keep us motivated, and keep us going. And you've got some really good ones!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12

Woohooo!!! Love that, yam!

I am just plain more comfortable all around now. Life is super stressful these days (kid related), but my food life isn't taking the brunt of the stress. Incredible, especially since I'm not having to THINK about making sure I don't stuff my face when I'm stressed. I am pretty comfortable on both DD & UD and rarely super hungry. It's so refreshing.

I can go to a restaurant whenever and stick to rotations...or not, if I so choose...but I usually do. I was talking to my doctor today about it. Maintenance is a joy! When I told him about it, the first thing he said was, "wow. It's only one day. You can just have anything tomorrow." and then he said, "it fits anything that's going on in your life." YES, YES IT DOES! <giggle>

I love Juddd. I love you all. It just gets better.

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wonderful Yamster.

How are you feeling? Virus going?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post

Woohooo!!! Love that, yam!

I am just plain more comfortable all around now. Life is super stressful these days (kid related), but my food life isn't taking the brunt of the stress. Incredible, especially since I'm not having to THINK about making sure I don't stuff my face when I'm stressed. I am pretty comfortable on both DD & UD and rarely super hungry. It's so refreshing.

I can go to a restaurant whenever and stick to rotations...or not, if I so choose...but I usually do. I was talking to my doctor today about it. Maintenance is a joy! When I told him about it, the first thing he said was, "wow. It's only one day. You can just have anything tomorrow." and then he said, "it fits anything that's going on in your life." YES, YES IT DOES! <giggle>

I love Juddd. I love you all. It just gets better.
I love your post! I think I'm getting to the point where stress eating isn't happening. Saturday was a DD and I had a lot of stress, which made it tempting to throw in the towel and nosh. But I didn't! There was a bit of teeth gritting, though. However, it gave me a great feeling of accomplishment to know I conquered the temptations and the stress and moved on. It made my UD on Sunday even better.

Can't say I'm at the point where I would go to a restaurant on a DD. I'll deal with that if the necessity arises. It helps this time around that DH is fully on board with my rotations. He even planned our recent anniversary dinner on an UD for me so we could both really enjoy it. Loved that! So cute!

Must have been fun to enlighten your doctor about this WOE!

We love you too!! You are a wonderful, inspirational JUDDD BUDD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Wonderful Yamster.

How are you feeling? Virus going?
Thanks for asking, Cindy. I wish I could say it's gone, but no. I'm not letting it get me down, though. And, I'm not letting it spoil my rotations. Today is a DD and I'm sticking with my plan.

DH is way more miserable than I am. The nature of this virus is that it's worse at night. My throat is sore right now, but in the middle of the night it was majorly PAINful and I felt like I was on fire! Makes it hard to sleep. So, we are both suffering from sleep deprivation.

DH is good at taking naps during the day, but I'm not. I'm hoping tonight will be a better night's sleep for me.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I'm so glad to hear of your progress, Yam!! And you're so right, today's high that was "yesterday's" low is super encouraging! I hope you and DH continue to improve and get over that nasty virus, so you can enjoy all these milestones.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Do hope you both get better soon!

I think I have been doing this for so long now that it has become a good habit. I don't panic if I have 2 UP days any more. I just get back to a DD as soon as possible. I would love to lose a bit more for a cushion. We have a couple more trips planned that will be food fests again. I'll keep working on it!

At the moment it all just seems so doable. I know the feeling you are having, Yam Yam.

I know some of you are struggling a bit. Please try to hang in as the results eventually seem to be good.

Everyone's post are so full of knowledge that just being part of this group is so enlightening.

I'm now trying to up my protein!

Old 03-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Your happy post makes me feel happy.....simplistic, but true.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
WTG YamYam.. So happy to see that your feeling it.. and seeing progress~ Enjoy the journey!!! Hugs to you girl~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Kimberly! Glad to see you have come out of lurkdom. I have missed your lovely posts!

So! Speaking of progress! Yesterday's post DD weight was -11.8, so close to -12 Today's post UD weight was...drum roll.........-11.8!! A new "low-high" if that makes any sense???

I usually, almost always, bounce up after an UD. Very motivational to see it stay the same. YAY! Progress. Signs of progress!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

So! Speaking of progress! Yesterday's post DD weight was -11.8, so close to -12 Today's post UD weight was...drum roll.........-11.8!! A new "low-high" if that makes any sense???

I usually, almost always, bounce up after an UD. Very motivational to see it stay the same. YAY! Progress. Signs of progress!!!
: great progress. It's all downhill from here!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
: great progress. It's all downhill from here!
I'll put my skis on. Whoosh! down hill! I'm so ready for it.

You all may have noticed I have not updated my stats yet. That's because I have not arrived back at the stats yet. It will take a while as this is going slow and steady for me. I did gain a good chunk of it back in 2013. But, I refuse to beat myself up about it.

In addition, I'm subscribing to the old LCF rule about: You post losses, not gains. Seriously, it would be too discouraging to post my 2013 gain, so, it will be obvious when I reach and get below my stats. I've decided this is all about me right now and I just have to do what's working for me.

I'm loving JUDDD right now! Love me my JUDDD BUDDs too!
Old 03-12-2014, 01:57 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Your new "low-high" is great! Total progress!

I completely support your decision to not post your updated stats. I've been debating that myself today, and haven't made a firm decision on that. But you have to do what will keep you going and work for you in the long run, so aiming back at that low is a great target. You'll get there!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Your new "low-high" is great! Total progress!

I completely support your decision to not post your updated stats. I've been debating that myself today, and haven't made a firm decision on that. But you have to do what will keep you going and work for you in the long run, so aiming back at that low is a great target. You'll get there!
Oh, thank you, Carol!!! coming from you that really means a lot!!! I know I need to do what's right for me at this time. I just know it. For me, looking at my stats as they appear on my avi gives me confidence that, hey, I've been at that number and I will be there again, soon! For some reason it just feels like posting my 2013 gain on my avi would de-rail me. Right now I don't want to fall off the train when it's smokin' along!

But that's just me. And I keep saying to myself right now that this is "all about me" and I can't be swayed by what others think I need to do.

Whatever feels right to you, do it. Do it for you, for your sanity and for your own motivation.

It's wonderful how supportive all the JBs are and how there is no judging or condemnation on this forum. This is the best place to be for support on our journey.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
I just love this happy and supportive thread and I just love the way we love each other.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:26 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Momto4minions
Wonderful! Congrats!
Momto4minions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:02 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
I just love this happy and supportive thread and I just love the way we love each other.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto4minions View Post
Wonderful! Congrats!
Thanks! All of these kinds of supportive comments keep me going!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:12 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
Start Date: June 2012
wtg yam yam! My best progress is blood sugar being under control great things are happening that I can't even explain but I believe in the juddd magic more every day
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:08 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Stats....shmats.....certainly no biggie to me! No worries!

I have always and forever been one that tends to rely more on how my clothing fits.
Not as popular around here, except along with weighing daily or weekly. I'm glad it's okay to be ourselves, too! Lately I only weigh when I'm "feelin" it.
Guess I really do march to a different drummer

The pants don't lie though, or skirts, or dresses, or.........

It's important to me, to be happy along the way, and keeps me in the game for the long haul.

I lost all my holiday gain, but am going forward to a smaller goal number, to have a little more wiggle room. PLUS...I have learned more about maintenance in the last couple of months that will help me even more to stay on the lower end of my range, if that makes sense!!

Love ya Yam-Yam...you have and always will be so delightful and a wonderful support to us all. So glad you're here.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
So happy to see that JUDDD is so easy to pick back up and work all over again for you dear~ Happy to see you reporting and back on the boards~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN08 View Post
wtg yam yam! My best progress is blood sugar being under control great things are happening that I can't even explain but I believe in the juddd magic more every day
Wow! That is great! I've never had problems with blood sugar levels, but I did celebrate after my annual check up and blood panel in February because everything was good including very low triglycerides and low BP. I attribute all my good numbers to JUDDD even though I just got back to it Jan. 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Stats....shmats.....certainly no biggie to me! No worries!

I have always and forever been one that tends to rely more on how my clothing fits.
Not as popular around here, except along with weighing daily or weekly. I'm glad it's okay to be ourselves, too! Lately I only weigh when I'm "feelin" it.
Guess I really do march to a different drummer

The pants don't lie though, or skirts, or dresses, or.........

It's important to me, to be happy along the way, and keeps me in the game for the long haul.

I lost all my holiday gain, but am going forward to a smaller goal number, to have a little more wiggle room. PLUS...I have learned more about maintenance in the last couple of months that will help me even more to stay on the lower end of my range, if that makes sense!!

Love ya Yam-Yam...you have and always will be so delightful and a wonderful support to us all. So glad you're here.

Phyl
Congrats on getting rid of the holiday gain! That's a terrific accomplishment and a testament to how well this WOE works for you.

I loved how you put it about being happy along the way. That's what I need right now. Joy in the journey. It's going to take me a while to be where I want to be weight wise, clothing wise, whatever. If I would have to be miserable and suffering through a WOE I hate all that time, I know I could not succeed. Not at all.

But doing something like this that I love and having the support of all your wonderful cyber friends does make this a joyful journey and one I can stick with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
So happy to see that JUDDD is so easy to pick back up and work all over again for you dear~ Happy to see you reporting and back on the boards~
I'm delighted to find that out too! Feels great and right to be here.

Quote:

I just had to come and update this post!

Thursday morning, after Wednesday's DD of 195 calories which was awesome for me......

The scale said I dropped a whole pound!!! After all these teeny-weeny point somethings every now and then....I dropped a pound in one day!!!!!

So, that means my after DD weight is now -12.8 which is something to about!!!

Woooo-Hoooooo!!!!! I did enjoy a tremendous and filling UD, with lots of good carbs yesterday and a big (8 ounce) ribeye steak last night!

This morning post UD weight showed a 2 pound bounce back up but that does not bother me at all. Just means my body is nourishing itself and getting ready to do more good things.

Thanks to all of you for your love and support and cheer leading!! I love you guys!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
Start Date: June 2012
That is great Yam-Yam!!
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
You are all doing so well!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, Friends!!! I'm finishing up another good DD. I'm at 221 calories, 20 grams of protein.

Carly: I admire you soooooo much! I've been wanting to ask you a question. Did you start losing right from the start on JUDDD? And at what rate, if I may ask?

Taking January 1 as my re-start date (I kinds started Dec. 22 but the holidays got me and I ended up on January 1 the same weight as Dec. 22). So, I was looking at my calendar today and it's been a little over 10 weeks since my re=start.

That means I've been losing just a little bit over a pound a week. Is that too slow? Or is that about normal in your opinion? TIA for your answers.

And, if anyone else has a comment on rates of weight loss or anything, please share.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:33 AM   #27
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Yam, rate of loss is so individual and dependent on so many factors, I don't think there's a "normal" rate. I lost on average 3 pounds per week when I started, but I had a lot to lose. Now, if I'm in WLM, I lose 1-2 pounds per week. Others lose as little as 1-2 pounds per month, and there are others who had very little to lose, who still lost 3 or more pounds per week. It's . As long as you're losing anything, I wouldn't worry about how fast or slow it is.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:00 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thank you, Friends!!! I'm finishing up another good DD. I'm at 221 calories, 20 grams of protein.

Carly: I admire you soooooo much! I've been wanting to ask you a question. Did you start losing right from the start on JUDDD? And at what rate, if I may ask?

Taking January 1 as my re-start date (I kinds started Dec. 22 but the holidays got me and I ended up on January 1 the same weight as Dec. 22). So, I was looking at my calendar today and it's been a little over 10 weeks since my re=start.

That means I've been losing just a little bit over a pound a week. Is that too slow? Or is that about normal in your opinion? TIA for your answers.

And, if anyone else has a comment on rates of weight loss or anything, please share.
I did start losing right away. I had a lot to lose at that point. I started at 189 which is super big at 5'2".

I looked at weight lost by the month. My average was about 8 pounds per month. I had a month at over 11 pounds lost and then a month that included a vacation may have been only 4.

It is so individual. I don't know if there is an amount one can expect.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Carly!

I think if I want to speed things up then keeping my DDs as close to zero as possible would be good. I''m usually between 220 and 300 but sometimes as low as 140.

I'm just starting to focus on upping my protein on both days, but have not gotten top good at it yet.

I'll get there, though!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:57 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

My protein intake isn't were it should be either. I'm trying to make sure I have a yogurt every day including DD. I eat the Dannon Light and fit Greek blends. They are 80 calories with 12 grams protein. It is a start. I obviously get more on UDs, but DDs the protein is low- very low.