Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: southwest Ohio
Posts: 956
Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Yea to both of you! Congrats.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
calichris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,944
Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Thanks! You BUDDDs are the best.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:37 AM   #243
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,746
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm so glad the restart has been good!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!
 
Babsbabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 974
Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Yeah for happy restarting!
I am interested to read the EM2WL as it does sound tempting. I am always amazed at how little I have to eat to stay not so slim, maybe there are some answers there.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #245
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,648
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Thank you Slow. I'm excited about the whole fresh start. And thanks for that perspective of losing a whole Flutter, Carly or Kissa! But I better not lose them for real - never leave me guys, m'kay?

Judy, sweet lady, thank you!


I'm not going to weigh every day, but........I couldn't resist this morning and I'm down 3 pounds. Made my morning!
I'm not going anywhere! Awesome re-start

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Yay Carol!

I had a great first DD back too. My first meal was at 2, and I had very little hunger all day. I got on the scale this morning too, and was down 2.2 lbs. I'm also not planning on weighing in every day, but was just curious!
Yay! Yay! Yay!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,989
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I can't believe I haven't posted in here. I read your good news about your successful DD, and your loss, and was so excited for you!! Wonderful restart, LCG!!!!

Wait, and you too, Chris!!!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 04-05-2014 at 04:23 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member
 
mafiamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 835
Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
this is just the best thread~! i am sorry to have missed it's conception, but so glad that the restart has worked for some many of you!! how brave and strong you are!

after my 2 week gorge fest, i am interested to see it that in itself wasn't a bit of a restart. i was pretty stuck bouncing between 128 and 124 while on my hiatus. perhaps forgoing any and all eating inhibitions for my extended time period will have shaken my body up to start losing again.

i love how we can post our struggles and our new ideas and share our results! pretty fricken awesome!
__________________


Colleen- 42 years young

10/15/13 - 137 ---- Started JUDDD
12/3/13 - 128.0
01/02/14 - 125.9
my Goal 115
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!
 
gotitnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,038
Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
I soooooooo agree Colleen! Nice to see your beautiful face today!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member
 
mafiamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 835
Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
I soooooooo agree Colleen! Nice to see your beautiful face today!

Phyl
thanks
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sirtain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: DFW area
Posts: 1,747
Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Just catching up on threads. Good to see the restart went well. Are you posting updates here, or out in the regular threads? Or not at all/
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:12 PM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,294
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hmmm......I don't know.

I guess mostly I've been posting out in the threads, because I'm back on JUDDD. And I have been doing more experimenting with calorie levels, but since we've been discussing that in some other threads too, I guess I just let this thread go. It is a good one, and I'm glad it's helped some of you guys to read and post here.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:38 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,154
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hey lovely buddds, I mentioned that I'd report back on an experiment to raise my food intake to Tdee levels. (Hope I have that acronym right.)
I didn't do it gradually. Just started eating whatever I wanted. This led to some wild joy but also some excessive, beyond hunger eating. Pre-Juddd stuff.
This in turn quickly led to some reading on hunger directed eating or intuitive eating. I'd tried this before and hadn't been instantaneously successful, so dropped it.
This time I adore it. Something huge clicked.
At first I sort of combined it with loose juddding. Now I'm just eating what I want when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm satisfied. This sounds simple but takes some focus. It feels excellent.
It means I'm not posting much here at the moment, which made me want to drop in and say hello and thanks, thanks, thanks for everything I learn here. This is the most intelligent, funny, supportive group of people ever.
__________________
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:03 AM   #253
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,294
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
It's really great to hear about all the different things the JBs are trying, and this one is particularly fascinating to me. I've always wondered why I couldn't eat "just a little" of whatever I wanted. You make me think that maybe it is possible after all - it just takes focus, and mindfulness, and fully enjoying whatever it is you are eating. Thanks for the update!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,154
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
It's really great to hear about all the different things the JBs are trying, and this one is particularly fascinating to me. I've always wondered why I couldn't eat "just a little" of whatever I wanted. You make me think that maybe it is possible after all - it just takes focus, and mindfulness, and fully enjoying whatever it is you are eating. Thanks for the update!
Carol, it IS possible. I guess the question is always what resonates best with each of us. That seems to change from time to time for me.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
calichris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,944
Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I'm so interested in intuitive eating, but how do you lose on it? (or are you trying to maintain?)
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #256
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,989
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Sounds wonderful, Joy! I am with Chris, though, and not sure if I could lose weight like that. I feel like I could maintain with it though.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,294
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
At the risk of sounding like I'm trying eighty-zillion different things at one time, here's where my head is right now:

1. Easing into the Intuitive Eating arena. I'm not trying to do it full on yet, but making a real effort to be honest with myself about when/whether I'm hungry, and when I do eat, being fully present and mindful of every bite so I can enjoy it to the fullest, and realize when I'm done. Lots of reading planned on that front.

2. Eat More 2 Weigh Less (EM2WL). I have done lots of reading here, and feel I've been through a pretty decent metabolism reset with my recent break and rising calorie levels. Now I'm going into "cut" mode. they recommend a 10 - 15% below TDEE (incorporating current activity levels) and heavy lifting. So I am trying to eat a daily average of 1800 calories.

Math: Per recent Bod Pod results, my Lightly Active TDEE is 2119. I'm probably more at Moderate at this point. Although my time put in isn't as much, I'm working pretty heavily at the resistance training on UDs, so 3 - 4 times per week. At Moderate, my TDEE is 2426. Sticking with 2119 for now, but feel okay if I go a bit over.

2119 x .85 = 1801 x 2 = 3602 (2 day average)
DD: 800 - 1000 means UD: 2600 - 2800 and plenty of protein

Optional range:
2426 x .85 = 2062 x 2 = 4124 (2 day average)
DD: 800 - 1000 means UD: 2900 - 3100 and plenty of protein

That's plenty to eat on UDs, and it makes DDs easier to get through too. Back to that old JUDDD-newbie feeling of only dieting EOD.

3. I really want to do all this within the JUDDD framework, because I do believe in it for health improvements, longevity, and weight loss. It's become a way of life for me and I don't want to give it up.

4. You Are Your Own Gym (YAYOG). I'm doing the women's version of this plan by Mark Lauren. It's supposed to give similar results to heavy lifting, but without needing a gym membership and a whole lot of equipment. I'm on week 2 and loving it so far. I've already moved up several levels in each movement area, and I'm really motivated by seeing strength increases all the time. Since heavy lifting is part of the EM2WL routine, and helps keep my calories up, I feel I'm complying with all that and supporting muscle and strength growth. Hopefully also fat loss, although it will be slower than with straight JUDDD.

Sorry for the long, detailed post. I really wanted to get all this down, if for nothing but my own clarity of my plan.
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!
 
CarolinaCoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 1,741
Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
I'm so interested in intuitive eating, but how do you lose on it? (or are you trying to maintain?)
I'm doing this and hoping to lose to my goal weight. For me it's been two weeks and just into the third. You might enjoy the discussion going on over in my journal about this. Taming The Hungry Beast
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,154
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Sounds wonderful, Joy! I am with Chris, though, and not sure if I could lose weight like that. I feel like I could maintain with it though.
Cindy, I'm curious about why your body's instincts would only know how to maintain and not take you to your ideal weight. What would make our instincts better at one than the other?
I'm losing weight. I don't even like to mention that because it distracts me from the process, but I might as well let you know it's possible.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #260
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,154
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
At the risk of sounding like I'm trying eighty-zillion different things at one time, here's where my head is right now:

1. Easing into the Intuitive Eating arena. I'm not trying to do it full on yet, but making a real effort to be honest with myself about when/whether I'm hungry, and when I do eat, being fully present and mindful of every bite so I can enjoy it to the fullest, and realize when I'm done. Lots of reading planned on that front.

2. Eat More 2 Weigh Less (EM2WL). I have done lots of reading here, and feel I've been through a pretty decent metabolism reset with my recent break and rising calorie levels. Now I'm going into "cut" mode. they recommend a 10 - 15% below TDEE (incorporating current activity levels) and heavy lifting. So I am trying to eat a daily average of 1800 calories.

Math: Per recent Bod Pod results, my Lightly Active TDEE is 2119. I'm probably more at Moderate at this point. Although my time put in isn't as much, I'm working pretty heavily at the resistance training on UDs, so 3 - 4 times per week. At Moderate, my TDEE is 2426. Sticking with 2119 for now, but feel okay if I go a bit over.

2119 x .85 = 1801 x 2 = 3602 (2 day average)
DD: 800 - 1000 means UD: 2600 - 2800 and plenty of protein

Optional range:
2426 x .85 = 2062 x 2 = 4124 (2 day average)
DD: 800 - 1000 means UD: 2900 - 3100 and plenty of protein

That's plenty to eat on UDs, and it makes DDs easier to get through too. Back to that old JUDDD-newbie feeling of only dieting EOD.

3. I really want to do all this within the JUDDD framework, because I do believe in it for health improvements, longevity, and weight loss. It's become a way of life for me and I don't want to give it up.

4. You Are Your Own Gym (YAYOG). I'm doing the women's version of this plan by Mark Lauren. It's supposed to give similar results to heavy lifting, but without needing a gym membership and a whole lot of equipment. I'm on week 2 and loving it so far. I've already moved up several levels in each movement area, and I'm really motivated by seeing strength increases all the time. Since heavy lifting is part of the EM2WL routine, and helps keep my calories up, I feel I'm complying with all that and supporting muscle and strength growth. Hopefully also fat loss, although it will be slower than with straight JUDDD.

Sorry for the long, detailed post. I really wanted to get all this down, if for nothing but my own clarity of my plan.
I love the way you care enough about yourself to put this effort in. It's gorgeous.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #261
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,746
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Cindy, I'm curious about why your body's instincts would only know how to maintain and not take you to your ideal weight. What would make our instincts better at one than the other?
I'm losing weight. I don't even like to mention that because it distracts me from the process, but I might as well let you know it's possible.
I have thought about intuitive eating and know there's more to it than just stopping when I've had enough, but my greatest fear would be that my intuition is broken and that's why I got fat in the first place. I'm trying my best to eat a set daily amount, to hopefully "teach" myself what normal is.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,154
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I have thought about intuitive eating and know there's more to it than just stopping when I've had enough, but my greatest fear would be that my intuition is broken and that's why I got fat in the first place. I'm trying my best to eat a set daily amount, to hopefully "teach" myself what normal is.
Dawn, you've mastered it for sure. You're one of the greatest success stories ever.
Having said that, I don't buy that your intuition is broken. I do buy that our thinking has been broken and our trust in ourselves eroded by years and years of excess and restraint.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!
 
deedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,514
Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
At the risk of sounding like I'm trying eighty-zillion different things at one time, here's where my head is right now:

1. Easing into the Intuitive Eating arena. I'm not trying to do it full on yet, but making a real effort to be honest with myself about when/whether I'm hungry, and when I do eat, being fully present and mindful of every bite so I can enjoy it to the fullest, and realize when I'm done. Lots of reading planned on that front.

2. Eat More 2 Weigh Less (EM2WL). I have done lots of reading here, and feel I've been through a pretty decent metabolism reset with my recent break and rising calorie levels. Now I'm going into "cut" mode. they recommend a 10 - 15% below TDEE (incorporating current activity levels) and heavy lifting. So I am trying to eat a daily average of 1800 calories.

Math: Per recent Bod Pod results, my Lightly Active TDEE is 2119. I'm probably more at Moderate at this point. Although my time put in isn't as much, I'm working pretty heavily at the resistance training on UDs, so 3 - 4 times per week. At Moderate, my TDEE is 2426. Sticking with 2119 for now, but feel okay if I go a bit over.

2119 x .85 = 1801 x 2 = 3602 (2 day average)
DD: 800 - 1000 means UD: 2600 - 2800 and plenty of protein

Optional range:
2426 x .85 = 2062 x 2 = 4124 (2 day average)
DD: 800 - 1000 means UD: 2900 - 3100 and plenty of protein

That's plenty to eat on UDs, and it makes DDs easier to get through too. Back to that old JUDDD-newbie feeling of only dieting EOD.

3. I really want to do all this within the JUDDD framework, because I do believe in it for health improvements, longevity, and weight loss. It's become a way of life for me and I don't want to give it up.

4. You Are Your Own Gym (YAYOG). I'm doing the women's version of this plan by Mark Lauren. It's supposed to give similar results to heavy lifting, but without needing a gym membership and a whole lot of equipment. I'm on week 2 and loving it so far. I've already moved up several levels in each movement area, and I'm really motivated by seeing strength increases all the time. Since heavy lifting is part of the EM2WL routine, and helps keep my calories up, I feel I'm complying with all that and supporting muscle and strength growth. Hopefully also fat loss, although it will be slower than with straight JUDDD.

Sorry for the long, detailed post. I really wanted to get all this down, if for nothing but my own clarity of my plan.
Wow Carol this is fascinating! I'm so excited for you, especially because of the bolded. I'm sure it will be full of nutritionally-filled food, and not 2600 calories of cookies all day UD, but still. That's really exciting.

YAYOG sounds really interesting. Is it a book or is it a program you joined? I really want to start strength training but the weight section of the gym is scary, and I'd prefer something I can do at home.
deedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,989
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Cindy, I'm curious about why your body's instincts would only know how to maintain and not take you to your ideal weight. What would make our instincts better at one than the other?
I'm losing weight. I don't even like to mention that because it distracts me from the process, but I might as well let you know it's possible.
I'm curious too. I don't know why it wouldn't be instinctive for my body to lose weight. It's definitely something I will try at maintenance if not before! I am in such a habit of ADF, that it's intuitive for me to fast after over-eating now, so JUDDD is kind of a intuitive WOE.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,154
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I'm curious too. I don't know why it wouldn't be instinctive for my body to lose weight. It's definitely something I will try at maintenance if not before! I am in such a habit of ADF, that it's intuitive for me to fast after over-eating now, so JUDDD is kind of a intuitive WOE.
What a great place to be.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:49 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member
 
mafiamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 835
Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
i think it is absolutely wonderful that you are able to do this!!! kudos to you and your mindset and your determination.

i shall live vicariously thru you as i fear this is not a possibility for me. my body tells me stuff all the time and i am like LALALALALA i can't heeeeeeear you!!!
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,294
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
I love the way you care enough about yourself to put this effort in. It's gorgeous.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Dawn, you've mastered it for sure. You're one of the greatest success stories ever.
Having said that, I don't buy that your intuition is broken. I do buy that our thinking has been broken and our trust in ourselves eroded by years and years of excess and restraint.
Agree 100% with this entire post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee View Post
Wow Carol this is fascinating! I'm so excited for you, especially because of the bolded. I'm sure it will be full of nutritionally-filled food, and not 2600 calories of cookies all day UD, but still. That's really exciting.

YAYOG sounds really interesting. Is it a book or is it a program you joined? I really want to start strength training but the weight section of the gym is scary, and I'd prefer something I can do at home.
Yeah, there "might" be a cookie or two in there somewhere, but my challenge to myself is that if I DO eat at these levels, it MUST be good, nutritious food and not empty calories. At least most of the time!

YAYOG is a book and there's a website and some YouTube videos, but I'm working off the book. It's full title is "Body by You: The You Are Your Own Gym Guide to Total Women's Fitness". I have it from the library, but will probably go ahead and order a copy from Amazon when my 6 renewals run out!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,376
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Wow, LCG & Joy, good for you guys!!!

I'm with mafia, though...I don't think I could do this. Well, maybe I could, I did over vacation last summer, but I'm too 'fraid. I gain crazy amounts of weight after several UDs in a row. Yea, I'm just not ready. LOL! Cheering you girls on, though!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:46 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,746
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
LGC, do not apologize for being sensible and mindful about your health...or for sharing good advice!!! You ROCK!!

Kristin, I will look into Intuitive Eating. I am doing the Happy Dance that you have found a WOE that is good for you (and, yes, I think WOEs do need to change from time to time).
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:26 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sirtain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: DFW area
Posts: 1,747
Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Flutter, I like your new picture.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.