Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
I edited a little bit to point out the things that jumped out at me. it seems to me you are feeling good, you are looking good, you feel strong and successful. sounds like success to me!!

and I have to add something I saw in a funny email a friend sent.

"Some days I wrestle with my demons. Other days we just snuggle."
I LOVE THIS! It's actually so true! Some days mine sit quietly in the corner and just clear their throats occasionally. Other days they are like little kids tugging at the tail of my shirt. Oh demons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
I am so a member of the mutual admiration (of Carol) society!!!

As others have noted, your attitude and perseverance is amazing.

I am in total agreement with your assessment of your outcome at this point. After all, who knows your body better than you?

I like this quote: "It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its success." You have that covered sweet budd.

Just one more quote that touches my heart because it can be applied to each one of us: "We can do anything we want as long as we stick to it long enough." Helen Keller said this, and imagine the obstacles and disadvantages she faced.

I look forward to walking along the rest of this journey with you Carol, and can only hope to be as supportative!

Phyl
Phyl! Those are such great quotes. I really do believe that we can't give up...ever. We can re-assess what we're doing and change it, but never, ever give up! Such a great reminder - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Carol: I'm with everyone else! You have come so far and inspired so many. Not just with your accomplishment, which is major, but with your caring, non-judgemental, supporting, loving, kind personalty and words to all of us.

You are already a rock star. I know you will keep on rockin'!
Oh gosh, Yam! You bring tears to my eyes. You are one of my JUDDD heroes, you know? You are always right here to provide support to us all, and are doing so amazingly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
I honestly don't know what more to say other than that what all the JBs have said, is so true about you. You are indeed lovely inside as well as outside. While this added wgt may seem a lot but when I think of it, I put on 9-10 lbs in each of my 3 week vacation (twice last year!) and I assure you there was no muscle building involved. I'd rather have the muscle gain anytime. I truly do believe that the break from the routine helps the body recover and gear up to go again. We are here to support you and learn from you as always! Just love your "can do" attitude
JD! Thank you for that. I think you are lovely inside and out! Mutual admiration society, here! And I can't believe with all your amazing walks that there is no muscle building with you. I'm in awe of your long walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Carol you are so positive and I absolutely adore you for it. You are such an inspiration.
sweet Lisa! Beautiful girl, you are always right here with support and loving comments. You are an inspiration yourself - you know that, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie jayne View Post
Carol, I love your attitude. Isn't it really all about that? As long as we're doing what feels right, it's a good and positive thing. Binging-dieting-binging-dieting never did! Your journey is a good example for me to see a better way of handling burnout and I get a sort of 'safety net' feeling when I read your posts ("hmm, maybe I can do that if/when it happens"). Changing food plans sure beats "Well, I've fallen off my diet so now I can eat, eat, eat", which is what my past looks like. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. It gives me hope.
CJ! Thank you for that. I am trying so hard to handle this the best way I can/my body will let me. I'm glad it looks like success from "out there". So many days it's felt like failure on this end, but I AM glad to not have given in altogether. I did have a few days of "eat, eat, eat", but thankfully, reigned it in somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
JIC you haven't figured it out from all these lovely posts in support of you. Here's your official notice, LCG.

Aww, I'm speechless! (yeah, right )

You guys are awesome!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #122
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Carol, you are in a good and serene space. I am happy for you.

**Going off to snuggle with my demons.
Me too, we're having a snuggling day today! Thanks, girl!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #123
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
This is a new JUDDD motto I feel!

Demon snuggling just has to be done sometimes.

Carol you are wonderful.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Carol, you are the perfect example of something I admire very much and is just as important as losing the pounds.....its a wonderful attitude!

And your honesty and willing to share all this with us is incredible and very much appreciated, too.

You are truly an awesome JUDDD rockstar!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:40 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
Carol, Just think of it as a mini-bulk you went through to add some muscle, and now you begin your cut. When you get back to the 170's you will most definitely get there with an overall lower BF %. And sticking to a plan and WOE you will get there in no time I'm sure. Just keep up the exercise and maintain your current strength during the cut! You don't want to lose the good that you have gained during this time. We all know you will succeed because you already have!
I'm so glad we have a guy around here to point this out! This is such a good way to look at it. (I think we women can be so focused on being lighter that we don't think of this benefit!)

Last edited by calichris; 03-13-2014 at 11:42 PM..
calichris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:58 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Ditto to what everyone else says (am I LAZY or what?) You know what you gotta do and you will do it!! Cheering for you!!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:29 AM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
This is a new JUDDD motto I feel!

Demon snuggling just has to be done sometimes.

Carol you are wonderful.
Thanks Cindy! You're pretty wonderful yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
Carol, you are the perfect example of something I admire very much and is just as important as losing the pounds.....its a wonderful attitude!

And your honesty and willing to share all this with us is incredible and very much appreciated, too.

You are truly an awesome JUDDD rockstar!
Oh, thank you Jan! I have to work hard to keep my attitude up sometimes, but is important to me. I've seen too many people's bad attitudes impact their lives in a truly devastating way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
I'm so glad we have a guy around here to point this out! This is such a good way to look at it. (I think we women can be so focused on being lighter that we don't think of this benefit!)
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
Ditto to what everyone else says (am I LAZY or what?) You know what you gotta do and you will do it!! Cheering for you!!
Thank you Joanne! Cheering coming back your way too!
Old 03-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Yesterday went very well. VLC all the way, and HF. My ketostix showed only slightly pink, but they're old and so I'm not sure whether to trust them or not, and I really don't want to buy more.

I'm trying to really enjoy eating every day, and eat things that I won't have much once I'm back on JUDDD, but not to excess. And it feels so peaceful not to be counting calories. But I really am hankering for JUDDD! This is a good sign!
Old 03-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
That is a very good sign! and I love how you aren't pressuring yourself and you feel okay about where you are right now.

I know keeping a positive attitude isn't always easy. But we know its important and sometimes just realizing we are being too hard on ourselves is enough to step back and turn it around.

Reading your posts in this thread give me a sense of "all's well". You really inspire with a ray of sunshine. Like someone else said, I know you will succeed because you already have.
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
to y'all

I'm down another 2.5 lbs., so one more pound and I'll have lost what I gained on vacation. Will it last and continue? That, my friends, is the question.

ETA: This loss still doesn't put me in new territory, though.
Nilla!

I know what you mean-- as happy as I am to see a new number, I can't help feeling I've been here before (with JUDDD) and before (with Atkins)... sigh.

But we keep on b/c there is no alternative! We will succeed, eventually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
Carol, Just think of it as a mini-bulk you went through to add some muscle, and now you begin your cut. When you get back to the 170's you will most definitely get there with an overall lower BF %. And sticking to a plan and WOE you will get there in no time I'm sure. Just keep up the exercise and maintain your current strength during the cut! You don't want to lose the good that you have gained during this time. We all know you will succeed because you already have!
Glad others pointed this out too. Don't know how much muscle you put on (are you measuring?) but I know that I'm feeling firmness in my biceps and even my *missing* triceps are reacting. I sometimes think my tummy is getting a bit smaller, legs stronger (oh, rowing-- you hit everything, yay)... I bet you're in the same boat.
Of course, if we were really in the same boat, you'd make me row, wouldn't you

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
"Some days I wrestle with my demons. Other days we just snuggle."
Yep, saw this on FB. I think wrestling is on DDs and snuggling by the fire with a bowl of popcorn is an UD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Yesterday went very well. VLC all the way, and HF. My ketostix showed only slightly pink, but they're old and so I'm not sure whether to trust them or not, and I really don't want to buy more.

I'm trying to really enjoy eating every day, and eat things that I won't have much once I'm back on JUDDD, but not to excess. And it feels so peaceful not to be counting calories. But I really am hankering for JUDDD! This is a good sign!
VLC is very low carb, in this scenario? Just checking.

I love it when you have that *feeling* of doing something good for you. I wonder if naturally skinny people just feel like that all the time?

I'm *feeling* like rowing today, so I'm off to do that now Have an awesome weekend, you awesome buddd you!

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:54 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Oooh, I just love snuggling days!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:

That is a good sign. I'm always excited as a vacation ends and I'm getting all psyched up for a DD. I always worried that one vacation I'd come back and dread a DD, but hasn't happened yet.

Quote:
That is a very good sign! and I love how you aren't pressuring yourself and you feel okay about where you are right now.

I know keeping a positive attitude isn't always easy. But we know its important and sometimes just realizing we are being too hard on ourselves is enough to step back and turn it around.

Reading your posts in this thread give me a sense of "all's well". You really inspire with a ray of sunshine. Like someone else said, I know you will succeed because you already have.
Yup! I totally agree JayLynn.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:

Sounds good! Enjoy every minute of your break because you've worked so hard on this journey.

I get the hankering for JUDDD aspect. Two weeks of not counting calories except for one day that wasn't even super low has been strange. I didn't miss certain foods as much as I thought I did.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:17 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
Just got caught up - and the concern, advice, and love for you is just overwhelming. Since I met you in REAL LIFE - I know you are a beautiful, warm, interesting woman!! For you to open up here is exactly what I would expect - add generous, caring, brave, insightful and did I mention "beautiful?" And as I said to you in person - your avi shows a beautiful woman, but in person you just radiate - so so pretty!! And when we met in person, I never looked at any weight issue or noticed much besides your personality - your warmth, how comfortable you made me feel, and just generally being so nice.

Reading thru this thread I am wondering how truthful I have been with myself over what I am doing and not doing and why... it's given me a lot of things to think over. I have been sabotaging my JUDDD journey and I think it's time to face my very own issues. Thanks for putting it all out there for others to see.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Soren ... I'm at a serious loss as to what to do. JUDDD just doesn't seem to be working for me. I've been doing LC (my way), and the scale started going up again. As odd as this sounds, I don't think I'm eating enough. All weekend, I contemplated doing JUDDD yet again, mixing LC with WW, Atkins '72, and the other things I've tried over and over again. Grrrr!!!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
You'll find it Nilla. I know you will.

I sometimes thing-- hmm, I could go just LC... I could eat every day, woo. Then I think, for me-- I came to JUDDD b/c I was learning that I had to restrict my calories to see any scale movement on LC. And that would be a daily restriction.

And there's so much I love that I can NOT eat on LC.

So, I'm sticking with JUDDD, and watching these shake-it-up moments people have, and assuming I'll have to shake something up at some point (I feel like I am already, with exercise, that I didn't do at ALL last year)...

and I'm just glad we're all in this together, figuring what works, for whom, and when.
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
You'll find it Nilla. I know you will.

I sometimes thing-- hmm, I could go just LC... I could eat every day, woo. Then I think, for me-- I came to JUDDD b/c I was learning that I had to restrict my calories to see any scale movement on LC. And that would be a daily restriction.

And there's so much I love that I can NOT eat on LC.

So, I'm sticking with JUDDD, and watching these shake-it-up moments people have, and assuming I'll have to shake something up at some point (I feel like I am already, with exercise, that I didn't do at ALL last year)...

and I'm just glad we're all in this together, figuring what works, for whom, and when.
S.
I wish had your faith in me! Having been at this for over 30 years has left me faith depleted, sadly, in the losing weight category.

I've been lurking in lots of other forums and with all the frustrations and triumphs in each one it is good to see that we are all in this journey (battle!) together.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #138

Nilla, what is 'your way'? Maybe we could give you some input as to why you would gain on LC?
Old 03-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #139
Big Yapper!!!!

I've been super busy lately and having trouble getting online to "play" as often as I'd like - can't believe it's been 4 days since I posted on this thread!

Quote:

Jan, I love your comment "all's well". Really love it. I'm going to keep that in mind, and I'm so glad that's the feeling I could be putting out there. Actually, all IS well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Glad others pointed this out too. Don't know how much muscle you put on (are you measuring?) but I know that I'm feeling firmness in my biceps and even my *missing* triceps are reacting. I sometimes think my tummy is getting a bit smaller, legs stronger (oh, rowing-- you hit everything, yay)... I bet you're in the same boat.
Of course, if we were really in the same boat, you'd make me row, wouldn't you

VLC is very low carb, in this scenario? Just checking.

I love it when you have that *feeling* of doing something good for you. I wonder if naturally skinny people just feel like that all the time?

I'm *feeling* like rowing today, so I'm off to do that now Have an awesome weekend, you awesome buddd you!

S.
I haven't measured since late January. I'm really not good at doing that regularly, and whenever I plan to, I forget to do it first thing in the morning, so long stretches go between my measurements. VLC = very low carb - you got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Oooh, I just love snuggling days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
That is a good sign. I'm always excited as a vacation ends and I'm getting all psyched up for a DD. I always worried that one vacation I'd come back and dread a DD, but hasn't happened yet.
I know, I usually think I'll dread DDs way more than I actually do. I've decided to go back to LC for a bit after the birthday celebrations later this week. I want to get the sugar back out of my system before I hit JUDDD again. My plan is to start JUDDDing again 4/1. April Fools' Day. But JUDDDers are no fools!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Sounds good! Enjoy every minute of your break because you've worked so hard on this journey.

I get the hankering for JUDDD aspect. Two weeks of not counting calories except for one day that wasn't even super low has been strange. I didn't miss certain foods as much as I thought I did.
Crazy, right? What we build up in our minds as the end-all-be-all, and then we have some, or have the opportunity and it's like....meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
Just got caught up - and the concern, advice, and love for you is just overwhelming. Since I met you in REAL LIFE - I know you are a beautiful, warm, interesting woman!! For you to open up here is exactly what I would expect - add generous, caring, brave, insightful and did I mention "beautiful?" And as I said to you in person - your avi shows a beautiful woman, but in person you just radiate - so so pretty!! And when we met in person, I never looked at any weight issue or noticed much besides your personality - your warmth, how comfortable you made me feel, and just generally being so nice.

Reading thru this thread I am wondering how truthful I have been with myself over what I am doing and not doing and why... it's given me a lot of things to think over. I have been sabotaging my JUDDD journey and I think it's time to face my very own issues. Thanks for putting it all out there for others to see.
Thank you, sweet wonderful friend! Coming from a truly beautiful lady like you, it means so much. I'm just so glad we got to meet!
Old 03-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #140
Big Yapper!!!!

One week with no Peanut Butter!

Goofy title, but I realized today that I do believe the PB monster in me has been tamed. I know she can be awoken again with very little effort, but I haven't even been thinking about it and had to look up when exactly it was I hid the darn stuff.

The other night I was realizing how great this break has been, and that I need to keep in mind that I can do something like this anytime I'm feeling overwhelmed. I'm kind of surprised it took 2 full years of hardcore dieting and weight loss before it really hit me hard like it did. And you guys have helped me understand it's not at all surprising that it did hit. This is so great! It's finally sinking in that it really is okay to get off the treadmill (bad metaphor, but it's all I got) for awhile and coast.

Thanks for hanging out with me here friends!
Old 03-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Nilla, what is 'your way'? Maybe we could give you some input as to why you would gain on LC?
"My way" just means not following any set of rules, per se. Keeping carbs below 20 (total), but eating what I want. Which is all the typical low carb fare. There's a thread for it in another forum (Low Carb Challenges, I think). I've still been keeping an eye on my calories, and in all honestly, I don't think I eat enough! Remember, this was my issue pre-surgery - my UD's were a couple hundred under where they should have been. Began hitting them and I started losing.

So, I'm going to give JUDDD yet another go and watch those calories, especially those UD ones. Today is an UD, calories should be at 2010 and now (late afternoon), I haven't hit 1000. I'm going to stay mainly low carb, but I've got to quit the self-beating up if I decide to indulge in some carbier foods. I've just got to decide to jump on and try to enjoy the ride even if I take the scenic route. As always, this is how I feel at this moment.

Carol, this is a great thread, thanks for allowing some of us to threadjack from time to time!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
Old 03-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

'Nilla, you bet! I love hearing what you all have to say, and what you're trying. It only makes us all better, so post away!
Old 03-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #143

That is great Carol, the PB is out of your life for a while. Yay.

Nilla, you know how easy it is to up those calories and eat LC. I hear the words butter, cream, avocado, nuts, and I drool.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #144

Oh I forgot, mayo and cheese.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:11 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susan41
Stats: 243/202/?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 4th 2013 sugar first, then LC august 25th
Carol, just got through reading this phenomenal support thread from everyone here. Wow.

You are loved.

Now, get your butt back on whatever horse works the hardest for you.

Love you.

And I can say that since I am your biggest fan.
susan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:36 AM   #146
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan41 View Post
Carol, just got through reading this phenomenal support thread from everyone here. Wow.

You are loved.

Now, get your butt back on whatever horse works the hardest for you.

Love you.

And I can say that since I am your biggest fan.
Love you right back, GF! And I have been overwhelmed by this thread. I truly am blessed to have you all in my life, and in my corner.

Today is my final LC day for several days. Well, really I'll be LC all day tomorrow until dinnertime. I was going to weigh this morning, but TOM has come with a vengeance, so no way was I going to do that. All in good time. I'm just fine with where I am, because I know I'll have a restart very soon and start seeing losses again. I am 100% certain of it.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Carol,

Kissa, oh yeah, when I see I need extra stuff, those are things I reach for!! I just need to track because I find when I think I've eaten enough or hitting my limit, I'm dreadfully way off!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:03 AM   #148

Did I forget to mention alcohol, love Carol's Gimlets. But maybe you don't imbibe?
Old 03-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Brandy Alexanders, Nilla.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #150

Ha, ha I really started something there, didn't I?