Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Have you significantly upped your fat intake? Welcome to oily detox! Been there, got the medal.

It will be interesting to see what happens to your weight after all this turmoil calms down!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Locarbarella
Stats: 188/125/125 5'5"
WOE: Low Carb maintenance since 2007
Start Date: Atkins 2006
LCG, I had the same thing with the volume of waste --- which was very surprising to me since I'd felt pretty fine in that department. Luckily, I had no associated discomfort or problem with elimination, just the rather alarming volume... very weird.
Locarbarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
What a relief to read these comments about the "poopage" issue! I love that term - wish I'd come up with it myself!

I don't take any additional magnesium, but if I have anymore problems, I may start. Honestly, this episode was so unexpected. I sat down to pee and then all hell broke loose...er....or didn't rather! Sorry for that. I in no way knew this was brewing. I usually lean more in the other direction, IYKWIM.

I don't know what I ate to make me "go", but I've been LC/HFing since Tuesday, so it must be that. I postulated that my increased appetite lately was telling me to eat more to push all that on through.

Nancy, oily detox does sound right! Wow, revelation. I'm a serious threat for that medal!

I had a great big green salad for lunch with ham and cheddar cheese. Oh boy, was that good! I just noticed that the ring I had on this morning is now spinning around on my ring finger, so I had to move it to the middle finger. Whoosh!

I'll probably be weighing in sometime during this next week. Scary.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:49 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Nancy and Carol, I've heard of a "booby-prize" but never a "poopy-prize!!"

Here I go again, making a fool of myself. Maybe I should get out more!

Seriously, I'm so glad you are feeling better about everything.

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:35 AM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Lmbo, Phyl!

LCG, I suggested the magnesium because I thought you said you were constipated lol. I'm guessing it was the opposite, judging by the subsequent posts. I guess that's a relief!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
I think you may be on to something. Serious buildup and then a change in WOE could be at least part of the reason for major poopage. And I don't know the biology behind it, but it makes sense that it could also be a reason for your appetite changes. You said its slowing down now, which leads me to believe your change in diet has caused this.

Our bodies are such fascinating machines. For me figuring it all out is a life long process!
I am seriously LOL @ major POOPAGE!
You are just great!
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Update: "Poopage" issue seems to have abated. Whew!

I am feeling really good about not counting calories right now, but I'm not entirely happy about my eating choices. I'm sticking pretty LC, but honestly, not as low as I had hoped. My major obstacle seems to be PB, which will be no surprise to anyone who has read many of my posts over the months. A little would be fine, but lately I don't seem to be able to limit it to just a little. I am contemplating getting it out of the house so it won't be an option. You know, a few years ago I went for over a year and a half w/o having any PB or peanuts at all. So I know I can do it!

I also am realizing that I really do need to weigh in. I will admit that I am afraid to. So this is the other end of the mental peace I got from not weighing. Now it's scaring me, and I don't want whatever the scale says to derail me any further. I'm very confused about this. I don't feel like me "sense" of my body is accurate at this point, for some reason. I was feeling so slim and tight and light for awhile, and then that feeling just disappeared. WTH? I know from one day to the next, I didn't get fatter, but some days I feel okay and others I feel puffy and flabby and fat.

Thankfully, I am sticking with my exercise plans, and no real desire to stop or slow down with that.

Just taking this day by day now, doing the best I can on LC, and trying to enjoy the break I'm allowing myself from rotations. C'mon mojo, come back to me and stay!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
I know what you mean about fearing the scale. Mine is under the bed in the guest bedroom right now. Because when I am feeling so good and sure I am doing the right thing eating wise, it seldom seems to agree. Then I get down and what do I turn to when I get down? Yep, I eat. This little demon in my head says "well you did your best and the numbers don't show it so what the hell, go ahead and eat!" So I haven't weighed for over a month and I have no intention of doing so.

Instead I go by how I'm feeling and how my clothes are fitting. I had a tight pair of pants that aren't so tight anymore. And I have more energy. And my skin look better and my knees don't hurt. So....hell with the scale!
I'm sure there's a technical term for being afraid of the scale. There's probably a pill they prescribe for it too!

You have done so remarkably well. I know if I had gone from over 300 to WELL UNDER 200 I'd be so happy I would be jumping for joy, which in itself would be good exercise...ha!

I don't know what to say that can help you get over this annoying hump. Just know that you have done so great and maybe your body needs a few months to adjust. Just keep eating healthy food, try to eat to your hunger (which is what I am doing now and I'm liking it) and of course keep on moving!

You really really are doing fantastic and I know that the extra pounds will come off in time. Its just so damn hard to be patient, I know.

P.S. could you try a different nut butter? PB is a legume, not a nut, so it doesn't have quite the nutritional value as, for example, almond butter. I grind it at the store and it tastes different, but it works great as a substitute.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!

Last edited by JayLynn; 03-10-2014 at 09:53 AM..
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I also am realizing that I really do need to weigh in. I will admit that I am afraid to. So this is the other end of the mental peace I got from not weighing. Now it's scaring me, and I don't want whatever the scale says to derail me any further. I'm very confused about this. I don't feel like me "sense" of my body is accurate at this point, for some reason. I was feeling so slim and tight and light for awhile, and then that feeling just disappeared. WTH? I know from one day to the next, I didn't get fatter, but some days I feel okay and others I feel puffy and flabby and fat.
I know what you mean. I hate to say it, but that still happens to me even though I weigh myself every day. And I've been at or close to goal for quite a while. Some days I feel great and some days I just feel flabby and bloated and my actual weight has nothing to do with it or even the fit of my clothes. I just seem to feel and see myself differently at times.

On those "bad" days I wear my most flattering clothes and take the opportunity to eat as "clean" as I possibly can. And it passes and I feel like I'm on track again. (This is where I love the psychology of the "just need a good DD" of JUDDD. It really helps with this.)

This is a mind problem not a scale problem. Not that I blame you for fearing the scale. I often do as well. I'm just saying that even if the scale says you are doing fine, sometimes you just don't "feel" it. I wish I knew where this comes from but at this point I've accepted it and try to adapt rather than fight it.

I second the almond butter suggestion. I am also a fan of sunflower seed butter. For my peanut fix, I've been enjoying a Quest peanut butter protein cup from time to time. It hits that peanut butter spot for me.

I have a sneaking suspicion that your scale weight is going to surprise you in a positive way. There's a 50/50 chance, right?
Old 03-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
I'm popping in here to say I'm doing something - not sure you can call it a shakeup since I'm still hovering where I've been since coming back to JUDDD back in November.

We just got back from vacation and although I generally try to stick to low carb, it was pretty carb-filled. I gained about 7 lbs. I did straight Atkins '72-ish eating over the weekend and dropped 5 lbs. already. I know it's water, but I really do love eating low carb. Every day. I've kept coming back to JUDDD because I love it, too. But, I just can't get it to work for me whether I eat carbs or eat lc.

For now, I'm going to eat on induction-type levels (Atkins '72/NK) and hope something will work for me. I didn't want to up and disappear yet again, so this is the perfect thread to say I'm off to try something else. Again. But I'll be lurking, as always! JBB's

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Nilla: Wow! You got rid of that 5 pounds fast! This is a good sign. And, even if it's water you lost, it was also mostly water you gained!!!

As always, we love supporting JBs who do what they need to do to shake things up.

Don't just lurk!! You could start your own Nilla Shake it Up thread! We'll be there cheering you on!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #72
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Whatever works Nilla, that is the best plan! Well done on losing that holiday weight.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:57 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
I know what you mean about fearing the scale. Mine is under the bed in the guest bedroom right now. Because when I am feeling so good and sure I am doing the right thing eating wise, it seldom seems to agree. Then I get down and what do I turn to when I get down? Yep, I eat. This little demon in my head says "well you did your best and the numbers don't show it so what the hell, go ahead and eat!" So I haven't weighed for over a month and I have no intention of doing so.

Instead I go by how I'm feeling and how my clothes are fitting. I had a tight pair of pants that aren't so tight anymore. And I have more energy.
OMG you just described me to a T. I haven't weighed since I horrified myself back around Xmas time. It all coincided with being depressed too. But it also brought me back to JUDDD after way too long a break (and stress eating re-gain).
For me I am a slow loser so the scale is actually my enemy. when I don't see any loss or miniscule loss it discourages me on a down day when I am hungry or craving something. it's just disaster waiting to happen. I have been able to stick with it now for a while with no scale. although I think I am at the point where I need to get on it. for a reference point.

I am doing my own mini-version of a shake it up, you are inspirational LCG! I went back to low-carb but still Juddding. And I also experienced the same um..."whoosh"... (in all ways) but I can also say that although I haven't stepped on the scale I can DEFINITELY see a difference!!! visually and in the way clothes fit.

You are all so inspirational to me. and I have to say that since I took a break for several months and came back, I see such a difference in people's pictures in their avi's. I can see that you have been successful!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Carol, I hear you about the body image thing. I totally struggle with this. That picture in my journal is me in my "fat" dress

I say evict the peanut butter. Why let it tempt you in a moment of weakness. I evict foods I have no control over on a regular basis or ban them for long periods of time. I can eat them out of the house, during the day. They just can't stay in the pantry.

Try to weigh in. Perhaps it's not nearly as bad as you fear. If it is OK. It is what it is. You know what to do about it!

Jump on that scale tomorrow morning and look at it as one of several factors about where you are in your journey.

Just my 2 cents! but I love you GF!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susan41
Stats: 243/202/?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 4th 2013 sugar first, then LC august 25th
Carol. I just wanna grab you by the shoulders and shake you!!!! WHATS UP GIRLFRIEND style!

A. You're awesome, body heart n soul. Period. End of discussion. Body image or no. I personally am proud of your progress and your un parallel support you give me and others. NO ONE on this forum gives ME more support than you. Hands down.

B. Nix the PB. LC rung? If your gonna follow LC, is PB on that rung? Ask yourself honestly...

C. How many times have you told me to get off that scale? 2?3? Put it under the guest room bed and don't look at it.

D. Read the thread in the playground about liquid ionic magnesium by diamonddeb. Poopage will no longer be an issue.

See you at my journal - where you undoubtedly will support me, no matter what my malady, craziness or *****fest. And I love you for that.
susan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:44 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Instead I go by how I'm feeling and how my clothes are fitting. I had a tight pair of pants that aren't so tight anymore. And I have more energy. And my skin look better and my knees don't hurt. So....hell with the scale!
I'm sure there's a technical term for being afraid of the scale. There's probably a pill they prescribe for it too!

You have done so remarkably well. I know if I had gone from over 300 to WELL UNDER 200 I'd be so happy I would be jumping for joy, which in itself would be good exercise...ha!

I don't know what to say that can help you get over this annoying hump. Just know that you have done so great and maybe your body needs a few months to adjust. Just keep eating healthy food, try to eat to your hunger (which is what I am doing now and I'm liking it) and of course keep on moving!

You really really are doing fantastic and I know that the extra pounds will come off in time. Its just so damn hard to be patient, I know.

P.S. could you try a different nut butter? PB is a legume, not a nut, so it doesn't have quite the nutritional value as, for example, almond butter. I grind it at the store and it tastes different, but it works great as a substitute.
Thank you for this Jan! I am so pleased for you that you are able to eat intuitively and stay in control and feel good. Another nut butter is a good option, but I have the feeling it's going to be all or nothing for me. I had PB again today, and I really need to stop it. Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locarbarella View Post
I know what you mean. I hate to say it, but that still happens to me even though I weigh myself every day. And I've been at or close to goal for quite a while. Some days I feel great and some days I just feel flabby and bloated and my actual weight has nothing to do with it or even the fit of my clothes. I just seem to feel and see myself differently at times.

On those "bad" days I wear my most flattering clothes and take the opportunity to eat as "clean" as I possibly can. And it passes and I feel like I'm on track again. (This is where I love the psychology of the "just need a good DD" of JUDDD. It really helps with this.)

This is a mind problem not a scale problem. Not that I blame you for fearing the scale. I often do as well. I'm just saying that even if the scale says you are doing fine, sometimes you just don't "feel" it. I wish I knew where this comes from but at this point I've accepted it and try to adapt rather than fight it.

I second the almond butter suggestion. I am also a fan of sunflower seed butter. For my peanut fix, I've been enjoying a Quest peanut butter protein cup from time to time. It hits that peanut butter spot for me.

I have a sneaking suspicion that your scale weight is going to surprise you in a positive way. There's a 50/50 chance, right?
I sure hope you're right about the scale. I was going to hop on it in the morning, but I am determined to have a good, clean day tomorrow and then I plan to try on Wednesday. I'll just have to be brave about it. It does help to hear you guys saying you have the same/similar body image feelings. So I'm not completely . Or else you guys are right there with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I'm popping in here to say I'm doing something - not sure you can call it a shakeup since I'm still hovering where I've been since coming back to JUDDD back in November.

We just got back from vacation and although I generally try to stick to low carb, it was pretty carb-filled. I gained about 7 lbs. I did straight Atkins '72-ish eating over the weekend and dropped 5 lbs. already. I know it's water, but I really do love eating low carb. Every day. I've kept coming back to JUDDD because I love it, too. But, I just can't get it to work for me whether I eat carbs or eat lc.

For now, I'm going to eat on induction-type levels (Atkins '72/NK) and hope something will work for me. I didn't want to up and disappear yet again, so this is the perfect thread to say I'm off to try something else. Again. But I'll be lurking, as always! JBB's
I'm glad you're still around, lurking or posting, 'Nilla! Great that you've already dropped most of that bloat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
OMG you just described me to a T. I haven't weighed since I horrified myself back around Xmas time. It all coincided with being depressed too. But it also brought me back to JUDDD after way too long a break (and stress eating re-gain).
For me I am a slow loser so the scale is actually my enemy. when I don't see any loss or miniscule loss it discourages me on a down day when I am hungry or craving something. it's just disaster waiting to happen. I have been able to stick with it now for a while with no scale. although I think I am at the point where I need to get on it. for a reference point.

I am doing my own mini-version of a shake it up, you are inspirational LCG! I went back to low-carb but still Juddding. And I also experienced the same um..."whoosh"... (in all ways) but I can also say that although I haven't stepped on the scale I can DEFINITELY see a difference!!! visually and in the way clothes fit.

You are all so inspirational to me. and I have to say that since I took a break for several months and came back, I see such a difference in people's pictures in their avi's. I can see that you have been successful!
I'm glad you're in this with me, Phoenix! And so interesting about the "whoosh" for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Carol, I hear you about the body image thing. I totally struggle with this. That picture in my journal is me in my "fat" dress

I say evict the peanut butter. Why let it tempt you in a moment of weakness. I evict foods I have no control over on a regular basis or ban them for long periods of time. I can eat them out of the house, during the day. They just can't stay in the pantry.

Try to weigh in. Perhaps it's not nearly as bad as you fear. If it is OK. It is what it is. You know what to do about it!

Jump on that scale tomorrow morning and look at it as one of several factors about where you are in your journey.

Just my 2 cents! but I love you GF!
Oh, thank you my friend! Love you right back! Hearing you say the same thing about your body image make me realize that it's not just my "intermediate" weight that has me feeling like this, if you and Locarbarella have these same feelings at goal weight. And yes, I agree. I must evict the PB. It's not my friend right now. And yes, I will get on the scale. Wednesday. Promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan41 View Post
Carol. I just wanna grab you by the shoulders and shake you!!!! WHATS UP GIRLFRIEND style!

A. You're awesome, body heart n soul. Period. End of discussion. Body image or no. I personally am proud of your progress and your un parallel support you give me and others. NO ONE on this forum gives ME more support than you. Hands down.

B. Nix the PB. LC rung? If your gonna follow LC, is PB on that rung? Ask yourself honestly...

C. How many times have you told me to get off that scale? 2?3? Put it under the guest room bed and don't look at it.

D. Read the thread in the playground about liquid ionic magnesium by diamonddeb. Poopage will no longer be an issue.

See you at my journal - where you undoubtedly will support me, no matter what my malady, craziness or *****fest. And I love you for that.
Oh my gosh, Susan. You make me tear up! What a lovely post, my friend! Yes, the PB is history. It's not LC enough. Especially in the portions that I've been indulging in. And yes, you will see me at your journal. Just try and keep me away!
Old 03-11-2014, 01:10 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Like the others, I have days when I feel slim and days when I feel fat, and they don’t coincide with ups and downs on the scale. I’m around 115, 5'2" so I know it’s nothing to do with actually being fat. It’s just a state of mind, or digestion, or something. Once I know that, I can ignore it.

I agree with not having food around that you can’t stop eating. For me, on LC that meant I could have plain almonds but not salted. It’s not about limiting my salt intake, but salted nuts are very more-ish.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:40 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I guess 'feeling' puffy some days may relate to water retention (or something). Without changing weight or measurements, I do have days I feel puffy.

BUT negative self image is such a trained-to-it, years-of-habit, culturally-induced anti-booga bear!! I have it. You have it. All we can do is recognize it when it pops up...and push it down again.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #79

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Carol, as always, you are a true inspiration! My goes out to you! Do what you feel you can tolerate at any given time. I have struggled as of late, as you know, I am watching to see how this goes for you!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Like the others, I have days when I feel slim and days when I feel fat, and they don’t coincide with ups and downs on the scale. I’m around 115, 5'2" so I know it’s nothing to do with actually being fat. It’s just a state of mind, or digestion, or something. Once I know that, I can ignore it.

I agree with not having food around that you can’t stop eating. For me, on LC that meant I could have plain almonds but not salted. It’s not about limiting my salt intake, but salted nuts are very more-ish.
I guess whether you're at or near goal, or not, a little extra fluid retention can make us all feel different in our skin, and make clothes feel and fit differently. I need to come to terms with this, and thanks to you guys' comments, I think I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I guess 'feeling' puffy some days may relate to water retention (or something). Without changing weight or measurements, I do have days I feel puffy.

BUT negative self image is such a trained-to-it, years-of-habit, culturally-induced anti-booga bear!! I have it. You have it. All we can do is recognize it when it pops up...and push it down again.
Yes, Nancy! You are so right about pushing it down. I've been trying to be way more conscious and careful with my "self talk" and trying to turn those negative thoughts around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Carol, as always, you are a true inspiration! My goes out to you! Do what you feel you can tolerate at any given time. I have struggled as of late, as you know, I am watching to see how this goes for you!
Monica! Thank you for always being there for me. I know you've been struggling too lately, and you are one of MY inspirations. I think you look so slim and trim (in pics you've posted and on FB).

Today has been a good day. I woke up really feeling good, and motivated to have a good, LC eating day. Last night after I posted I "hid" the PB. I have one unopened jar and one that's about 3/4 full. I put them in my pantry, all the way at the back, and behind a whole lot of stuff. If I have the urge to have it, I'd have to get up on a stepladder and practically empty that cabinet. I'm not saying that it's 100% impossible that I would actually do that, but I also would say it's about 99% likely that I wouldn't do that. If I do, then it goes out of the house completely!

I had black coffee all morning, and tuna salad and a few carrots for lunch. I had the feeling I wanted to eat more afterwards (totally head hunger because my stomach was completely satisfied). I relaxed my mind and let the feeling pass, got busy with work, and the urge passed right by. Feeling good now at 2:30.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #81

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Delighted to read that you are having a good day. You are so treasured here and I hate the thought of you feeling down on yourself.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today has been a good day. I woke up really feeling good, and motivated to have a good, LC eating day. Last night after I posted I "hid" the PB. I have one unopened jar and one that's about 3/4 full. I put them in my pantry, all the way at the back, and behind a whole lot of stuff. If I have the urge to have it, I'd have to get up on a stepladder and practically empty that cabinet. I'm not saying that it's 100% impossible that I would actually do that, but I also would say it's about 99% likely that I wouldn't do that. If I do, then it goes out of the house completely!

I had black coffee all morning, and tuna salad and a few carrots for lunch. I had the feeling I wanted to eat more afterwards (totally head hunger because my stomach was completely satisfied). I relaxed my mind and let the feeling pass, got busy with work, and the urge passed right by. Feeling good now at 2:30.
That's smart. You have all the time it takes to get the ladder, move stuff around and move it all back to talk yourself out of eating that demon peanut butter. It sounds like too much trouble. (Which it is!) And a day of good clean eating is usually enough to get me out of a food obsession so I bet you'll feel totally back in control tomorrow.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a good weigh in for you. But even if it's disappointing you can't be too depressed considering the remarkable, amazing, awe-inspiring progress you've made. If your body decided to take a break, you can't really blame it. It's been working very hard!

Old 03-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I can't add anything that hasn't already been said, really. It is strange how you can feel super thin and suddenly start feeling fat, isn't it? I agree with the others, though...when it's happened to me and I'm dreading the scale, it's usually not nearly as bad as I made it out to be.

Reminds me of this picture I have saved in my photo account, 'cause you know what I think about the eeeeeeeeeevil scale, anyways.

And as always, just remember that you're doing AWESOME! You have made tremendous changes in your health & life, regardless of what the stupid scale says. You're exercising and eating healthy...you got this!!!! Don't let ANYTHING get you down about your spectacular self, LCG!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow

I feel the exact same way.

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:12 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
I'm finding this thread very interesting. Hoping for the best for your weigh-in today!
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:14 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Nilla: Wow! You got rid of that 5 pounds fast! This is a good sign. And, even if it's water you lost, it was also mostly water you gained!!!

As always, we love supporting JBs who do what they need to do to shake things up.

Don't just lurk!! You could start your own Nilla Shake it Up thread! We'll be there cheering you on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Whatever works Nilla, that is the best plan! Well done on losing that holiday weight.
Quote:
I'm glad you're still around, lurking or posting, 'Nilla! Great that you've already dropped most of that bloat!
to y'all

I'm down another 2.5 lbs., so one more pound and I'll have lost what I gained on vacation. Will it last and continue? That, my friends, is the question.

ETA: This loss still doesn't put me in new territory, though.

Last edited by vanilla_latte; 03-12-2014 at 08:24 AM..
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:27 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Way to go, Nilla.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Thinking of you, LCG and cheering you on!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:53 AM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Delighted to read that you are having a good day. You are so treasured here and I hate the thought of you feeling down on yourself.
Thank you so much, sweet Cindy! You are always right there with support and love, and it means so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locarbarella View Post
That's smart. You have all the time it takes to get the ladder, move stuff around and move it all back to talk yourself out of eating that demon peanut butter. It sounds like too much trouble. (Which it is!) And a day of good clean eating is usually enough to get me out of a food obsession so I bet you'll feel totally back in control tomorrow.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a good weigh in for you. But even if it's disappointing you can't be too depressed considering the remarkable, amazing, awe-inspiring progress you've made. If your body decided to take a break, you can't really blame it. It's been working very hard!

Thank you, my friend! I love that perspective about my body has been working very hard, 'cause I think you're right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I can't add anything that hasn't already been said, really. It is strange how you can feel super thin and suddenly start feeling fat, isn't it? I agree with the others, though...when it's happened to me and I'm dreading the scale, it's usually not nearly as bad as I made it out to be.

Reminds me of this picture I have saved in my photo account, 'cause you know what I think about the eeeeeeeeeevil scale, anyways.

And as always, just remember that you're doing AWESOME! You have made tremendous changes in your health & life, regardless of what the stupid scale says. You're exercising and eating healthy...you got this!!!! Don't let ANYTHING get you down about your spectacular self, LCG!
I just love that image, Melinda! Thanks for putting it up here, and for always being here cheering me on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post

I feel the exact same way.

Phyl
Sweet Phyl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast View Post
I'm finding this thread very interesting. Hoping for the best for your weigh-in today!
Thanks so much, CC! I'll be updating you all in my next post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
to y'all

I'm down another 2.5 lbs., so one more pound and I'll have lost what I gained on vacation. Will it last and continue? That, my friends, is the question.

ETA: This loss still doesn't put me in new territory, though.
Great news 'Nilla! You're doing great and I believe it will continue for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Thinking of you, LCG and cheering you on!
Thanks for that, Cindy! It means the world to me that you are rooting me on.

Next installment........the weigh in...............
Old 03-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

The Dreaded Weigh In......

Okay guys, I had to face the demon this morning, and it ain't pretty.

I'll get to the actual weight in a minute, but first I want to say that I had a great day yesterday, and felt so much better. Mentally I didn't want to eat just for the sake of eating. Well, there may have been a moment or two in there, but they were easily pushed through and no driving force pushing me into the kitchen seemed to be around. Success!

I had no PB, and really didn't want any yesterday. My mind has accepted that it's just not an option right now. Success!

I feel good physically, and I really think the exercise I've been doing has been my saving grace. I can see that I've gained back a little in my upper arms and hips, but really, the amount the scale is saying doesn't correspond with what my clothes are telling me. And I felt like I looked pretty good yesterday and this morning in the mirror. So I think what I've gained is somewhat mitigated by tightening and firming up "what lies below" the fat layer.

So......here we are. I have to own up to it. I weighed in at 193 this morning, so I've gained 19 pounds from my last low in mid January.

But while I would have believed that a week or so ago, today I don't think it is quite as dramatic as all that. I'm pretty sure I've added some muscle. I'm stronger, and I can feel the increased firmness. I hope that these increased calories have enabled my body to add some muscle. So hopefully that accounts for a little bit. I do feel somewhat inflamed with seasonal allergies in the past month or so. It's a bad year for weeds, and the citrus is blooming all over the place here. Beautiful, wonderful smells, but it wreaks havoc with me every year. So that may be some fluid retention and account for a little bit.

And I know I have gained some actual pounds due to my eating feeling out of control. Even doing LC, I know I've exceeded my 20g most days and probably have been nowhere near ketosis, all while eating increased calories EVERY DAY. So there's that. I take full responsibility.

I do, however, know that I needed this break, mentally. I'm going to continue on with it as planned, although being much better in the carb counts and not quite so much volume/calories. Maybe I'll do a fat fast kind of JUDDD rotation toward the end of the month and get things rolling again.

So, while I am really not liking this new number, and not liking being that close again to 200, somehow I don't feel horrible about it. It's a detour, sure. But I'm learning. And I'm not giving up!