Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 04:54 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
March JUDDD Newbies!

new JUDDD Buds!!!!!! Ask questions, get support and encouragement here.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 07:22 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emmapeel12
Stats: 149/144/120; 5'2"; 59 yo
WOE: Stillman's QWL/Calorie Counting
I'm all in!

Thank you, Carly, for starting a March newbies thread! Well, I've just completed a week of JUDDDing, and am feeling light and airy. I don't dare get on the scale just yet (will weigh every two weeks), as a disappointing number can send me to the grocery store for crunchy snacks. And cake. I haven't yet had a "perfect" DD as am still bothered by hunger, but am going to try the strategy of waiting to eat until dinner time. I hope that this will help me to sleep better and without painful hunger. Am enjoying bullet-proof coffee this morning (decaf, for now ), and have some luscious homemade chicken broth to get me through the day. Best wishes to all!
emmapeel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:27 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Good morning!!!
I started in February, but still feel pretty new!
I loved being welcomed so I am going to hang out here and help welcome additional JBs.
Hugs all around.
(Thank you, Carly, for being so faithful!)
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:28 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmapeel12 View Post
Well, I've just completed a week of JUDDDing, and am feeling light and airy...I haven't yet had a "perfect" DD as am still bothered by hunger, but am going to try the strategy of waiting to eat until dinner time. I hope that this will help me to sleep better and without painful hunger....have some luscious homemade chicken broth to get me through the day. Best wishes to all!
Progress, not perfection - you're still getting used to rotations in your induction and learning what any possible sticking points might be

It's lovely to read that you're "feeling light and airy" The chicken broth sounds like a good idea. Have a delightful day.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:30 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
I started in February, but still feel pretty new
For someone who feels pretty new - I noticed in the weigh-in thread that you're almost 12lbs down from the start of February Nicely managed, Pat.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Progress, not perfection - you're still getting used to rotations in your induction and learning what any possible sticking points might be

It's lovely to read that you're "feeling light and airy" The chicken broth sounds like a good idea. Have a delightful day.
Thank you, SlowSure! You, Carly, Carol, and other veterans are such an inspiration. It. Can. Be. Done!

Pat, I will consider myself a newbie for at least six months. That way I can continue to read these helpful posts!
Old 03-01-2014, 07:38 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Thanks for the Carly!!!
I'm on a 2 week JUDDD experiment right now, but I believe I will continue on beyond that to see what happens! GO TEAM!!!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:46 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
For someone who feels pretty new - I noticed in the weigh-in thread that you're almost 12lbs down from the start of February Nicely managed, Pat.
I give your kind and knowledgeable posts a lot of credit for those 12 pounds, SS. I sincerely thank you for the time it takes to post those well thought out and worded posts.
Blessings.
P
Old 03-01-2014, 07:47 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
Thanks for the Carly!!!
I'm on a 2 week JUDDD experiment right now, but I believe I will continue on beyond that to see what happens! GO TEAM!!!
Good to see you, again, Joanne!
I am glad we are making this journey together!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Glad to see our February newbies are moving forward into March, and you're already supplying support to those newer than yourselves. What is so easy to forget on these boards is that there are lots of people out there "lurking" and getting inspiration from everything we say here. Probably rolling their eyes at how goofy we can get sometimes too! But we do have fun!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Pat, I will consider myself a newbie for at least six months. That way I can continue to read these helpful posts!
After that, you can be the one answering questions and giving advice!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thank you, Carly, for starting a March newbies thread! Well, I've just completed a week of JUDDDing, and am feeling light and airy. I don't dare get on the scale just yet (will weigh every two weeks), as a disappointing number can send me to the grocery store for crunchy snacks. And cake. I haven't yet had a "perfect" DD as am still bothered by hunger, but am going to try the strategy of waiting to eat until dinner time. I hope that this will help me to sleep better and without painful hunger. Am enjoying bullet-proof coffee this morning (decaf, for now ), and have some luscious homemade chicken broth to get me through the day. Best wishes to all!
I find it extremely useful to put off eating as long as possible on DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
Thanks for the Carly!!!
I'm glad you are sticking with JUDDD for now.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:17 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Hi....I think I have done things a bit backwards as I joined the March challenge first and now am on the newbie site lol....anyway today is my first down day and so far so good, I have been up for four hours and not hungry yet, I grocery shopped yesterday and it was fun looking at calories in food, I have never done that before, and I also have my scales out for weighing, never done that before either. My hubby has promised not to cook bacon on my down days which is going to help lol.
Because I am new to calorie counting I decided to go with a frozen packaged meal on my down days so I know the calories for definite, I think I found a few that were just under three hundred calories, and then have chicken broth and Satsuma oranges for the rest of the day.
I was shocked this morning after my first up day yesterday to find I had put just over one pound on....but someone told me that this happens when you first start and the scales do go up and down, so I know I have to get used to that.
I did low carb for the month of Feb but it really made me feel blah, I can see it works but my body was really not impressed with it at all, so hopefully this will work better.
Anyway enough of me rambling on, I just wanted to say hi really and should have done this first and the March challenge second, but I seem to get everything the wrong way round.

Pat....did you really lose all that weight just during Feb, I am really impressed and hope it works that way for me to....

Last edited by Sandy1; 03-02-2014 at 03:19 AM..
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:30 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Carly;16820601]I find it extremely useful to put off eating as long as possible on DD.

Thank you, Carly! It went pretty well yesterday; held off eating until lunchtime. Hunger not a problem, but felt a little lightheaded. Will continue to delay throughout the week.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:38 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
You are doing great Sandy. Some days you can bounce up as high as 3 lbs and then you will drop right back down the next day. One lbs is good don't worry you are on the right road. Just keep going you will be surprised.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Good to see the Newbie thread busy. It is so useful to us all to see the questions and answers.

Lots of folks from the UK joint just now, there were only 2 of us when I first came here, that was over 2 years ago now.

Try not to let the bouncing of JUDDD weight loss get you down. Maybe someone cleverer that me can find one of the wonderful threads showing graphs of the bounce.

It may help to visualise your weight loss as a ball falling down the stairs. Up and down all the time but the trend is down, down, down.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:53 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Judy, I have just been looking at your bounces....all the way down, totally brilliant.
Thanks Cindy, I have been doing some searching this morning and have seen so many posts of those bouncing down the stairs lol, its weird how this works, I think I am going to love it.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Try not to let the bouncing of JUDDD weight loss get you down. Maybe someone cleverer that me can find one of the wonderful threads showing graphs of the bounce.

It may help to visualise your weight loss as a ball falling down the stairs. Up and down all the time but the trend is down, down, down.
I bumped one of them this morning: The daily bounce doesn't rock my world (anymore) .
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:08 AM   #19

Brilliant Ailuros. Thank you.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:16 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
Hi....I think I have done things a bit backwards as I joined the March challenge first and now am on the newbie site lol....anyway today is my first down day and so far so good, I have been up for four hours and not hungry yet, I grocery shopped yesterday and it was fun looking at calories in food, I have never done that before, and I also have my scales out for weighing, never done that before either. My hubby has promised not to cook bacon on my down days which is going to help lol.
Because I am new to calorie counting I decided to go with a frozen packaged meal on my down days so I know the calories for definite, I think I found a few that were just under three hundred calories, and then have chicken broth and Satsuma oranges for the rest of the day.
I was shocked this morning after my first up day yesterday to find I had put just over one pound on....but someone told me that this happens when you first start and the scales do go up and down, so I know I have to get used to that.
I did low carb for the month of Feb but it really made me feel blah, I can see it works but my body was really not impressed with it at all, so hopefully this will work better.
Anyway enough of me rambling on, I just wanted to say hi really and should have done this first and the March challenge second, but I seem to get everything the wrong way round.

Pat....did you really lose all that weight just during Feb, I am really impressed and hope it works that way for me to....
Hi, Sandy.
Yes, JUDDD seems to like me. I am feeling huge changes in my attitude toward food. I am weighing and measuring and using foods that are clearly marked w/ calories just like you do. This is new for me, too. But I have committed to this plan so I am working it to the best of my ability.
The scale DOES bounce. Ignore it.
When I was active on this forum in the past one JB (JUDDD BUDDD) had a line under their siggy that said: " The scale; she bounces." For some reason that stuck with me and helps me beyond measure.
You may enjoy reading this post I made last month:
You just have to start~I'm proof
I am glad you are here and look forward to posting with you.
Give JUDDD a real chance, I bet you will be so happy you did!
There is so much help and support here. Just relax into it!
Big hugs.
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:30 AM   #21

Old 03-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

If I might chime in, Sandy, your bounce may be due to sodium in the chicken broth and frozen dinner you enjoyed. Astonishing amounts of sodium in bouillons and broths, as well as prepared foods. Best wishes to you as you begin your JUDDD way of life!
Old 03-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much for your help....I have just read Ailuros post about the daily bounce, wow how incredible and I have just read Pats post, totally amazing, I am so glad I found JUDD, I know it will work, thank you so much for your support, I am doing well on my first down day, I was amazed I didn't get hungry until about 3pm today, so have had one Satsuma orange 35 cal and sitting here now with my low sodium chicken broth 7 cal and it is yummy and warming.
Its funny as I was thinking earlier today about how I used to stay so skinny when I was in my twenties, not purposely to be skinny but just the way I like to eat....and the funny thing is I used to eat just like JUDD, one day I would eat quite a lot and the next day I would only eat a little bit, I remember doing that for years, so I think this way of eating really resonates with me....anyway so far so good, and thanks again for your help.....sending out hugs lol.....
Old 03-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #24

Yes Sandy, this is how so many slim people eat. Most of us have lost the knack of tuning into our bodies needs, JUDDD really helps us rediscover the key.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Yes Sandy, this is how so many slim people eat. Most of us have lost the knack of tuning into our bodies needs, JUDDD really helps us rediscover the key.
so true!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:31 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I give your kind and knowledgeable posts a lot of credit for those 12 pounds, SS. I sincerely thank you for the time it takes to post those well thought out and worded posts.
I'm very touched that you said this, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
You are doing great Sandy. Some days you can bounce up as high as 3 lbs and then you will drop right back down the next day.
True. Our bodies have their own tide timetables of electrolytes, water and 'other' management that makes sense to them. They just don't want to worry our little heads with the complexities of it all (which would, admittedly, be overwhelming if we had to think about it or schedule it for ourselves ).

Quote:
I am feeling huge changes in my attitude toward food. I am weighing and measuring and using foods that are clearly marked w/ calories just like you do....
The scale DOES bounce. Ignore it.
Good on the attitude shift to food and

Quote:
If I might chime in, Sandy, your bounce may be due to sodium in the chicken broth and frozen dinner you enjoyed. Astonishing amounts of sodium in bouillons and broths, as well as prepared foods.
Quote:
Thanks Judy, I have just been looking at your bounces....all the way down, totally brilliant.
Thanks Cindy, I have been doing some searching this morning and have seen so many posts of those bouncing down the stairs lol, its weird how this works
Regular UD/DD bounces; hard exercise session bounces; salty meal bounces; being unwell bounces; medication-related bounces; heartbreak bounces; vacation bounces; Thanksgiving/Christmas bounces. We have bounces of all sorts of highs or lows but they do, eventually, bounce down with JUDDD.

August 2014 In March I had a DXA scan which revealed very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:57 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Down days are really good fun, I can't believe I enjoyed it as much as I did, it was fun listening to my body tell me when to eat instead of mindlessly reaching for breakfast just because it was breakfast time....I was astonished that I didn't need to eat until 3pm....that was amazing, I even ended my day with something called a skinny cow ice cream, my days calories came to 495 and I was so full, I can't get over how full I was....and the scales are down....well I am full of excitement this morning to see how this works, to learn about the bounces....I am totally in love with judd.....now I have to get through my up day which is going to be fun figuring out what to eat and weighing food, but I need to learn about calories etc so its going to be interesting....thanks again for your help.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:49 AM   #28

I think we are often amazed at the ease of most DDs. I won't lie, on occasion the hunger monster arrives. But often it is better to allow that and move on. JUDDD is very forgiving.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:34 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy it sounds like you are doing just great!!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:29 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Sandy1- I am one of those who has had great success with not counting at all on my Up Days. It is an option. For me, I don't like counting, and I knew I would never keep it up long term. If something irks me, I just avoid it. I did it on Down Days just long enough to figure out what 'safe' menus are for me.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote