Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
And Sirtain has done wonderfully.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/163.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
Down days are really good fun, I can't believe I enjoyed it as much as I did, it was fun listening to my body tell me when to eat instead of mindlessly reaching for breakfast just because it was breakfast time....I was astonished that I didn't need to eat until 3pm....that was amazing, I even ended my day with something called a skinny cow ice cream, my days calories came to 495 and I was so full, I can't get over how full I was....and the scales are down....well I am full of excitement this morning to see how this works, to learn about the bounces....I am totally in love with judd.....now I have to get through my up day which is going to be fun figuring out what to eat and weighing food, but I need to learn about calories etc so its going to be interesting....thanks again for your help.
Love this post!
Love it!!
I am not to the point where I can have frozen treats in the house. Even the skinny variety. They are my downfall. I am confident the day will come when I can have a bowl of ice cream or a small pc of cheesecake and be satisfied. I trust JUDDD.
I am so glad we are on this journey together!
Isn't this forum the bomb?!
Love my JBs!
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:55 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/158.6/149
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Thanks Sitain....I am sure I will get to the point where counting calories drives me mad lol, it sounds like you are doing really well.

Thanks Pat, I think I am addicted to this board now....was it ok to have the frozen treat do you think, it was 95 calories so I thought it was alright....or do you mean having them in the house we might want to eat the whole box lol...I hope you don't mind me asking, only I want to do it right.....yes this forum is definitely the bomb and everyone is so friendly that I want to bring you all home with me lol.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #34

Skinny Cows are a great DD treat.

I don't have a sweet tooth as a rule, but they are fine.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks Sitain....I am sure I will get to the point where counting calories drives me mad lol, it sounds like you are doing really well.

Thanks Pat, I think I am addicted to this board now....was it ok to have the frozen treat do you think, it was 95 calories so I thought it was alright....or do you mean having them in the house we might want to eat the whole box lol...I hope you don't mind me asking, only I want to do it right.....yes this forum is definite1ly the bomb and everyone is so friendly that I want to bring you all home with me lol.
It was great that you can have that!! Of course it is ok. Anything w/in our calorie range is ok.
They are a bingeable for me.
I am nuts.
LOL
Old 03-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Thank you, Kissa. I realized this morning that Wednesday(the day after tomorrow) will be my one-year JUDDD anniversary. Right now I am at 47 pounds down.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Pat & Cindy....didn't want to be a bug, but phew thank goodness its ok as I have 2 boxes of them lol, what an amazing way of eating this is, never to feel deprived like you do on so many other diets.

Sirtain....47 pounds down is totally incredible....you should celebrate....
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:42 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
I have a question for any vets that are hanging around, if that's okay. I only started DD rotations as of last Wednesday, but I've been having sleep interruption for the past few days consistently (on U and D days). I fall asleep fine, but then wake up at 3 am and it takes me a good hour to get back to sleep. I know sleep issues are common when first starting, but has anyone found a good solution to sleep through the whole night?

I don't remember this happening to me last time I did JUDDD, so if it did, maybe it went away quickly and that's why I can't remember. Has anyone gone through this at first, but had it go away after a few weeks?
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brainardt
Stats: 212/192/170 (1st goal) 5'8" 27 y.o
Start Date: January 31, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee View Post
I have a question for any vets that are hanging around, if that's okay. I only started DD rotations as of last Wednesday, but I've been having sleep interruption for the past few days consistently (on U and D days). I fall asleep fine, but then wake up at 3 am and it takes me a good hour to get back to sleep. I know sleep issues are common when first starting, but has anyone found a good solution to sleep through the whole night?

I don't remember this happening to me last time I did JUDDD, so if it did, maybe it went away quickly and that's why I can't remember. Has anyone gone through this at first, but had it go away after a few weeks?
I'm no vet, having only began January 31. But I had terrible trouble sleeping on DD's the first 3 or so weeks. But in week 4 everything began to click & I've slept like a baby ever since, as well as having much easier DD's in general. Hopefully it is a short term issue for you, too!
brainardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Thanks Toni, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear!
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KimKS
Stats: 242/179/145 (5'10")
WOE: Hcg/IF/LCHF
Start Date: May 2012/Mar 2014
Well, I got through my first DD yesterday and I'm feeling great today! I have done some full-day fasts before, but this will be my first time to try every-other-day. What do you think is a good period of time to stick with it to see if it works for me? A month? I want to make sure I give it enough time for the magic to start.
KimKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Green
Stats: no scale unless doing PHD
WOE: HDE, Potatoes as needed
Start Date: May 2014
Quote:

I think a supplement called Theanine Serene with Relora has been helping with my sleep in the past week. I can't be sure because I had several UD's in a row this past weekend which probably helped but I don't know. It had been months since I slept through the whole night until 4 days ago and it has happened 3 times since then. I also started ptero about a week ago as well. I've only been doing JUDDD for about 5 weeks so maybe it's just JUDDD magic.
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #43

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:

It's pretty common, deedee. Lots of JUDDDers have experienced this and it does seem to pass in a few weeks. I didn't have this problem with JUDDD, but several years ago began waking at around 3am too, after a lifetime of sleeping straight through the night. Made me batty. I took one Benadryl at bedtime for several weeks, and immediately began sleeping through again. When I stopped taking it, I kept on sleeping through, so it apparently was a short term problem, or maybe the Benadryl just got me out of the pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKS View Post
Well, I got through my first DD yesterday and I'm feeling great today! I have done some full-day fasts before, but this will be my first time to try every-other-day. What do you think is a good period of time to stick with it to see if it works for me? A month? I want to make sure I give it enough time for the magic to start.
Congratulations on your first successful DD, Kim! I would recommend sticking to it for a full month and see what happens. There have been many who don't start losing for that time, and then the steady losses start. Others start losing right away. You'll have to see which one you are!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Kim!
I bet you will love JUDDD so much that you will WANT to stick with it.
But I think a full month to 6 weeks would be fair.
No other diet tells me I can take things a bit in stride every other day vs. always worrying about food!
Old 03-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KimKS
Stats: 242/179/145 (5'10")
WOE: Hcg/IF/LCHF
Start Date: May 2012/Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
Hi, Kim!
I bet you will love JUDDD so much that you will WANT to stick with it.
But I think a full month to 6 weeks would be fair.
No other diet tells me I can take things a bit in stride every other day vs. always worrying about food!
Thanks Pat! I think I will love it too! I see we are the same height and almost the same weight!
KimKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #46

I'd give it at least a month Kim, we are all different and the Magic is slower for some than others. Glad you had a good DD.

DeeDee, hope you get the sleeping sorted soon.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:11 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Just wanted to stop in and say Welcome to all the Newbies. I hope you find these amazing group of individuals to be as supportive and inspirational as I have. Best of luck to all of you on this journey.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:31 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks Pat! I think I will love it too! I see we are the same height and almost the same weight!
I noticed that too.
Just let me add that you are so smart to do this at a younger age.
I am 66. By starting now your coming years will be so much more peaceful!
I wish I had learned about JUDDD in my 30s. I can only imagine the stress and angst I could have avoided.
I am so glad you are here.
Big hug.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Has anyone else had any problems with excess energy while on JUDD....yesterday was my down day and day four of me starting this way of eating.....and I was so restless while trying to be on my laptop....I had to keep getting up as it was so strange, and then I couldn't sit still, my feet wanted to tap or dance lol.....in the end I had to for a two hour walk, the restless energy was still with me today and I had no choice but to scrub and clean the house to try and get rid of it and then had to go for a shorter walk to town, it doesn't feel quite as bad at the moment, but is it just me or does something like this happen to everyone....I kind of like being lazy and for some reason I can't be lol.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:08 AM   #50

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Not everyone gets the DD energy, but enough do that it's a well-known phenomenon. Enjoy it!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brainardt
Stats: 212/192/170 (1st goal) 5'8" 27 y.o
Start Date: January 31, 2014
Hi Sandy! I've noticed an increased amount of energy since starting JUDDD, especially on a DD! I, too, very much enjoy being lazy (maybe that's how I got to 215lbs haha!) and don't know what to do with myself when the surge of energy hits. For now, I'm just counting it as a blessing and enjoying it.
brainardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #52

That is the JUDDD magic Sandy. I am lazy by choice too and it can get in the way...
Old 03-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

hmmmm
Not so much.
Wonder if it an age thing?
Enjoy your bursts!!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shpongle
Stats: 5'7 - 202/212.4:-( /140 Age : 20
Start Date: Re-start August 2014
Hi, I'm not a newbie. I fell off the JUDDD wagon last year due to family / university issues and put on 20 extra pounds. I am really disappointed and ashamed of myself.
This time I'm determined to be consistent and to forgive myself more.
Shpongle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #55

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
No shame, Shpongle! After all, you came back and are determined, and you know what to do to succeed again. back!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shpongle
Stats: 5'7 - 202/212.4:-( /140 Age : 20
Start Date: Re-start August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
No shame, Shpongle! After all, you came back and are determined, and you know what to do to succeed again. back!

Thank you Carol,

Such a Kind Thing to say
Shpongle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
! I would give JUDDD a good 4-6 weeks. By then you should know if it is a good fit for you.

Quote:
Has anyone else had any problems with excess energy while on JUDD....yesterday was my down day and day four of me starting this way of eating.....and I was so restless while trying to be on my laptop....I had to keep getting up as it was so strange, and then I couldn't sit still, my feet wanted to tap or dance lol.....in the end I had to for a two hour walk, the restless energy was still with me today and I had no choice but to scrub and clean the house to try and get rid of it and then had to go for a shorter walk to town, it doesn't feel quite as bad at the moment, but is it just me or does something like this happen to everyone....I kind of like being lazy and for some reason I can't be lol.
Enjoy the JUDDD energy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpongle View Post
Hi, I'm not a newbie. I fell off the JUDDD wagon last year due to family / university issues and put on 20 extra pounds. I am really disappointed and ashamed of myself.
This time I'm determined to be consistent and to forgive myself more.
back!!!! No shame- none!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:53 AM   #58

We don't do shame Lia, just come on in and join the fun.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shar
Stats: 172/158/140
Start Date: March 2014
Hi. Just stumbled across JUDDD when reading another diet book and am very interested in it. I've yet to download the book. Can't wait to see how everyone does!
shar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:04 PM   #60

Hi Sharolyn, welcome to JUDDD, a special place.

Last edited by Kissa; 03-06-2014 at 02:05 PM..