Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 12:19 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
March Daily Chat

JUDDD Buddds have lots of linguistic differences to talk about and general observations to swap. Fetch your virtual coffee or cocktail and share your thoughts.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/176/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Slow, how are you feeling this morning? Has the weather calmed down a bit?

It finally started sprinkling here, more rain is expected, Thank God! Ours has been a very dry year.
Since I had only 4 hrs of sleep last night, or I should say this morning, hopefully, I can go to sleep early tonight!
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:40 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

JD, thank you so much for all of your kind thoughts and enquiries.

I'm a tad fragile but so much better that I'm wondering if I'd benefit from bundling up and going along with DH to watch him kayak this morning. Possibly not but I'd like the fresh air as I don't do well cooped up.

It's been bucketing down again but we're much more fortunate than places that had heavy snowfall. All of the fruit trees are out in blossom here - a frost or cold snap would mean a poor harvest this year (but it's only the beginning of March, there must be frost between now and June or the garden pests will be horrendous again).

Some of the daffodils round about have been out for nearly 2 weeks! And you know that daffodils are usually in danger around Mothering Sunday around the UK if that's when they're blooming.

Lot so sinkholes opening up because we've had such a comparatively dry 20 years until the run-in to the Summer Olympics of 2012 and now we've had a deluge of rain since mid-December. The heavily-clay soil of the South had dried out so much that it's very difficult for the water to penetrate, it mostly runs off, bringing soil with it and putting a slick of mud on everything. Sinkholes are opening because the water is sometimes falling down and accumulating, not sinking in, and forcing the clay apart, like tectonic plates.

I've never seen the roads in such bad condition - holes everywhere as ground slumps underneath and collapses in.

Dec 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.

Last edited by SlowSure; 03-01-2014 at 12:42 AM..
Old 03-01-2014, 12:46 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Slow, You are so right, pickle is scrumptious! Very simple to make, just added salt to the 3 main ingredients, no measuring just look and taste! I've been digging into the ginger slices already! I thought it'll take a few days, maybe chilis and lemon slices will but ginger is ready! The trick is to find fresh young ginger root!

Oh and thank you so much for the update! I, so, miss London sometimes. I can just imagine the mud disaster! Few years back we had road slides in the Palos Verdes Peninsula, so believe me I completely understand. You just stay at home and stay warm for a couple of days and get rid of that cold then think of kayaking! Health first, everything else comes afterwards, especially at this stage of our lives!

Last edited by jdforshort; 03-01-2014 at 12:56 AM..
Old 03-01-2014, 12:49 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
Slow, You are so right, pickle is scrumptious...The trick is to find fresh young ginger root!
I shall haunt the appropriate grocers the next time I venture out. Did you salt it, put it in a jar to form its own brine, and place in the sunshine, or just trust to your lovely CA ambient temperature?

I'm pleased that you've finally had some rain albeit I doubt it's much of a contribution towards alleviating the drought.

Last edited by SlowSure; 03-01-2014 at 12:51 AM..
Old 03-01-2014, 01:15 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I shall haunt the appropriate grocers the next time I venture out. Did you salt it, put it in a jar to form its own brine, and place in the sunshine, or just trust to your lovely CA ambient temperature?

I'm pleased that you've finally had some rain albeit I doubt it's much of a contribution towards alleviating the drought.
You got it! If you only want the ginger then just put fresh lemon juice and salt. Trick is to peel and thinly slice the ginger length wise. Young ginger is 'wet looking' with skin slightly peeling off at places - like the new potatoes! No sunshine, mine is sitting on the kichen counter top at the moment, will probably go into the fridge tomorrow! Since the ginger slices are already delicious, they are not going to last very long, DH can eat the lemons and jalapeno chilies we'll share! They are not very hot!

You are so right about the rain too, I'm afraid; barely enough to wet the ground!

Last edited by jdforshort; 03-01-2014 at 01:17 AM..
Old 03-01-2014, 06:45 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Welcome back, Kissa!

We are having a brief period of warm weather before the next cold snap hits(already creeping southward toward us) so Littlest and I will be working in the garden today. The raised bed is a almost finished. I hauled manure yesterday. Today we put the top coat of soil mixed with compost on.

Our next big project (in a couple of weeks) will be hiring a chipper, and running all the leftover small stuff through, to make mulch.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
{sigh} I am DYING for spring...will it ever, ever, EVER arrive? We had hideous arctic temps again yesterday and this morning it's been snowing, snowing, snowing again. ENOUGH!!!!

Slow, our roads are horrendous here, too. All we do is dodge & weave the potholes...as we bounce around in our cars with our parkas! <snort>

Happy March peeps! I surely hope the weather for us all improves now. (whatever type we may need!)
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/163.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Woke to more snow~yet again.
sigh
This winter seems as though it will never end.
I made boots for my little dog. I cut balloons at the neck and slide them on him. He used to loose a boot every winter when I was buying him the 'real thing'. Pretty expensive. Now if he looses a boot I am out pennies. His little paws get so cold in the frigid temps and wet snow that this has been a really helpful thing. Now he will walk much longer than I prefer. LOL.
When the temps warm we are gonna drown! There will a lot of flooding.
Such a harsh winter!
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
We're having a beautiful day here, going up to 64. Then Monday, down to 16. Ack. At least I'll be at work by then and my weekend running around can be pleasant.

My Sundays are usually spent with my elderly father. We eat brunch somewhere and go visit his retired horse, who is about 45 minutes away. It helps if the weather is good and we can spend more time with him. Senior animals are so special.

Slow, glad you are feeling better!
Pat and Flutter, yes after the thaw, we will be on the receiving end of all the snow melt. We who live on the Mississippi River are always cognizant of flood danger. What's the emoticon for rising water?
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:28 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Pat: What a great idea! Baloon booties! I feel sorry for you and everyone dealing with all that snow. Talked to my DS yesterday. She got up early to drive to her son's house to take care of their new baby. Her garage door was frozen shut!! She and my other sister have complete cabin fever. I'm going for a visit in April and she said, "bring a jacket. It might still be snowing."

SS: You may be right about the fresh air being a healing factor for you. If you bundle up, it certainly can't hurt. Could be a real pick-me-up for your spirits.

Oh my. Sinkholes? I hope your weather takes a turn for the better soon.

I'm in CA and we all refuse to complain about the recent rains. Lots of roads are flooded and some trees are down. Yesterday we had thunder and lightning. Our almond and dogwood trees are in bloom. So pretty. I imagine all the blooms are going to fall off soon with all the wind and rain.

It's sprinkling right now, but I suspect the worst is over.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

My two DDs of 150 calories each really paid off as the scale is down another pound this morning! After one DD, Wednesday, the 2 pound vacation weight was gone.

Then after yesterday's DD another pound went with it.

I have finally broken the 10 pound barrier. Woo-Hoo! Now I'm down 11 pounds in the 9 weeks I've been back JUDDDing. I'm totally happy with that! If I could lose at a rate of 5 pounds per month consistently, I would never complain at all.

Especially with dieting only half the time.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG yamster!!! Awesome news!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:49 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrie jayne
Start Date: January 2014
Yam-Yam, that's great. I'll keep 150 calorie DDs in mind around the holidays. Isn't it wonderful that you can go on vacation and break a barrier within a week of getting home?
Carol and SlowSure, it's good to hear you're feeling better.

Today is an UD for me, and since it's the beginning of the month, I weighed. I'm down 18 lbs. in 5 weeks. Woo-hoo. Ya gotta love this WOE.
carrie jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Carrie Jayne! That is totally awesome!!! Congratulations on all your hard work paying off so beautifully!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120
Thought I'd say hello again.
I knew I'd fall off the wagon last weekend... More like I jumped off, doused it in gasoline and lit a match to it. I had plenty of beer and endless carbs. Biscuits, chips, you name it. Yeesh.

I spent the last week reigning it in with low carb. Finally reached ketosis with a huge whoosh of bloat leaving me.

I doubt I'll get back to rotations before I leave for Florida, but when I get back I fully intend to get back on track to getting to my goal.
I think the big problem I had was eating carbs on my UDs. My folks in the US know I'm doing low carb, and they eat healthy, so I hope I can maintain the weight loss. We'll see.

I just wanted to say hi again. I realize I won't be in the saddle for another 3 weeks, but everyone here is fun to chat with, so hi!
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/163.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Carrie and Yamster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome.
This makes me so so so so happy. (and that just made me think of So Happy. She helped me so much my last time around. I miss her.)
Big kudos!
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Well, I goofed off all January and February and still haven't lost the ten pounds I gained over Christmas. SOOOOO. I went to my trusty online calorie calculator and came up with a perfect DD plan and a perfect UD plan and I am using them day after day after day until I am back to goal. So far it is working as I was 146.8 this morning after an UD and last week my high was 151.2. Boredom is a good thing for weight loss. Got to nip this in the bud NOW!!! Because it won't be long before it is ICE CREAM SEASON again and I can't do without my Blue Bell.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Marking my spot.

Pat, yes, all of us who remember her miss dear So Happy, she was a wonderful guide. I like to think she just doesn't have time to post any longer. I certainly hope so.

Good to see you Adi, loving the baby kids on FB.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:49 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Carrie Jayne! That is totally awesome!!! Congratulations on all your hard work paying off so beautifully!
This!

Yam-Yam So happy for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Marking my spot.

Pat, yes, all of us who remember her miss dear So Happy, she was a wonderful guide. I like to think she just doesn't have time to post any longer. I certainly hope so.

Good to see you Adi, loving the baby kids on FB.
OMG! So true! Kissa, I think we are on the same telepathy line!

More to my sleep pattern saga: Went to bed at 00:45 hrs, woke up at 02:30 hrs, went back to bed at 05:30 hrs and woke up at 10:20 hrs. Sort of IS or HIIS
Today is DD, hoping to make it a low one, need to correct this morning's bounce. I was thinking of going for a walk but I don't think the weather is going to let me, very windy and threatening to rain any minute!Tomorrow is going to be the same and Monday, I'm going out of town! A week without the walk

Last edited by jdforshort; 03-01-2014 at 03:51 PM..
Old 03-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

carrie, great job!!!

kwerp, you will do it! Enjoy your trip!

Adi, you will have those last few pounds off pronto, for sure! Definitely before Bluebell season!

DH & I are battling the snow to go out for dinner. I love spending time with him, but I am so done, done, done with the horrible cold to go anywhere! Is it July yet?
Old 03-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
This!

Yam-Yam So happy for you too!

OMG! So true! Kissa, I think we are on the same telepathy line!

More to my sleep pattern saga: Went to bed at 00:45 hrs, woke up at 02:30 hrs, went back to bed at 05:30 hrs and woke up at 10:20 hrs. Sort of IS or HIIS
Today is DD, hoping to make it a low one, need to get rid of this morning's bounce up. I was thinking of going for a walk but I don't think the weather is going to let me, very windy and threatening to rain any minute!Tomorrow is going to be the same and Monday, I'm going out of town! A week without the walk
Eeek, that will be hard for you girl!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
You got it! If you only want the ginger then just put fresh lemon juice and salt. Trick is to peel and thinly slice the ginger length wise. Young ginger is 'wet looking' with skin slightly peeling off at places - like the new potatoes! No sunshine, mine is sitting on the kichen counter top at the moment, will probably go into the fridge tomorrow! Since the ginger slices are already delicious, they are not going to last very long, DH can eat the lemons and jalapeno chilies we'll share! They are not very hot!

You are so right about the rain too, I'm afraid; barely enough to wet the ground!
I've never made pickles, although my mother used to make dill and sweet pickles from cucumbers (from our garden) regularly. I think she used a huge pot that sealed with a temp gauge, and then sealed the jars after pouring in each...lots of steps. If your recipe is much simpler, would you mind posting it, and the amounts, for people like me who need specific directions? I also have never bought fresh ginger and have no idea what to do with it, much less which ones are "ideal".
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Just popping in to say hi and that I'm FREEZING!!!!!
I'm with Melinda- is it July yet?!?

We have the crazy potholes everywhere, too. More snow in the forecast. I've heard from a dusting to a foot I would love that much wiggle room in my job. Weathermen/women can be incorrect on a regular basis and remain employed. I could just imagine telling our Executive Director something like a general figure about findings from an internal audit. "We may or may not have 2-100 unsigned treatment plans."
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Just popping in to say hi and that I'm FREEZING!!!!!
I'm with Melinda- is it July yet?!?

We have the crazy potholes everywhere, too. More snow in the forecast. I've heard from a dusting to a foot I would love that much wiggle room in my job. Weathermen/women can be incorrect on a regular basis and remain employed. I could just imagine telling our Executive Director something like a general figure about findings from an internal audit. "We may or may not have 2-100 unsigned treatment plans."
That would make a very funny sitcom.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:58 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I've never made pickles, although my mother used to make dill and sweet pickles from cucumbers (from our garden) regularly. I think she used a huge pot that sealed with a temp gauge, and then sealed the jars after pouring in each...lots of steps. If your recipe is much simpler, would you mind posting it, and the amounts, for people like me who need specific directions? I also have never bought fresh ginger and have no idea what to do with it, much less which ones are "ideal".
Cindy, couldn't be any simpler and it's ready to eat then and there. At least the ginger slices are. Today, I tried Jalapeno and the lemon too! Funny thing is, we used to use it like chutney or salsa to go with lunch or dinner. Because there are no other spices, now we just mix it with sliced onions to serve with the drinks! I'll have to "make" a recipe as I just do it by look and taste!
Old 03-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: geobom
Stats: 190/168/145
WOE: Atkins/HFLC 7/2013 JUDDD 12/2013
Start Date: restart July 2013
I am sooooo looking forward to spring. The forecast for my area is up to 14 more inches of snow by Monday. It's hard to stick to a plan while housebound. Maybe shoveling snow will help with my DD on Monday

Kathy
geobom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:59 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Melinda, I love the cold and even I agree with you. I don't necessarily want July though. I'd take May at this point.

Carly, I have never wished so badly for a non-snow day. I have so many TP's due this week.

Just made it home from the city. Getting ready for Zumba then brunch with a friend who is apparently in need of support. All I know is I have to get through two days of work then I'm on vacay until Sunday. Woo hoo!
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:30 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
Start Date: May 2013
Just popping in - my last day in AZ's heat... then back to the cold winter of the northeast. <sigh>

Congrats to the "losers" - great loss!

I began walking almost daily here, hope to continue at home no matter the weather - JD have you ever done Walk Away The Pounds? I have had luck with that program especially on days I just can't get outside.

My weight is up - I am sure... but once I'm back home - BACK ON TRACK!! I need a DD - my stomach is actually tired of constant eating. LOL
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Having a ice storm right now. 10 in. of snow coming they say before tomorrow we will see. Hope everyone has a great weekend what is left.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote