Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee View Post
Lisa have you found you continue losing on 5:2? I know a lot of people use it as maintenance, but others still seem to lose on it.
I actually finally started dropping weight when I switched to 5:2 which I found interesting. I'm starting back to my rotations as of Saturday, but it's good to know that this is manageable once I'm ready for maintenance.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #242
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
DH got a call from a casting director friend of his. The Price is Right is doing a special show with firefighters/retired firefighters and he got 2 tickets to attend. That doesn't mean he'll be chosen to go on stage, but it's still exciting! The show tapes April 15th.
So cool! Are you going with him? We'll need to know when the show airs. Even if he/you don't get picked, maybe we can see you guys when the camera pans over the audience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
SS-
Yam- hope you and DH are feeling better.
Dawn- hope DH gets picked!

Another virtually sleepless night after a DD.
Grrrrr! I sure hope tonight goes better, Carly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I think sarcopenia is too tricky to discuss in a Chat/What's Happening Now thread

At some point I might start a specific thread on the topic or just post on my personal body composition thread.

I do want to state, quite firmly, that women in the US have a high risk for sarcopenia and physical disabilities/metabolic diseases that tend to accompany it. I would strongly recommend that you have conversations about sarcopenia with your HCPs when next you have a routine appointment.
This is so concerning, Slow, and thanks for the clarification on post-menopausal women and muscle gain/maintenance/loss. It has me more determined than ever to build what I can, while I still can, and help Mom retain as much as she can. Mom has a neighbor in her early 70s who we've been checking in on. She's had some recent health issues and is literally skin and bones. She falls very easily, and isn't getting around too well. I worry about her, and wonder will she ever be able to build any strength back up at all? She was quite vigorous just a few years ago. Also, I'd love to get your perspective on muscle mass vs. strength. Perhaps building back muscle mass is near impossible at that age, but how hopeful is it to build strength back up in the muscle tissue that is still remaining. I assume these are two somewhat different issues, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Wow! Ok, I think I'm pretty caught up.
Me-- I think the glucosamine/chondroitin is working? it's only been a week, but I'm less creaky in the knees (both) and especially the one that was giving me some trouble.
I still have some hip pain, but it's lessening also. I am becoming more aware I have some bad sitting habits-- guess working from the couch will do that

I'm enjoying NOT traveling. I finally feel in control of my schedule and eating and exercising.
I do have another week-long workshop at the end of the month, so I need to get my head wrapped around that (i.e. free food syndrome, as well as DD in a room with free-food, then going out with colleagues on the night of a DD spent in a room with free food...)
sigh.

s.
I hear you about keeping up with this thread! I just love how active it has been lately though! Good for you for taking advantage of the not traveling as much. I know this will make a huge difference for you in all areas of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Hello crew,
We're finally home from our 2 week whirlwind vacation, and now I'm having to work each day to cover for my colleague who is on vacation. Yes, I realize there are folks out there who hold down a full time job, and kudos to them, but I do not so I'm feeling a little sorry for my self that I have to work 5 days in a row this week.
Anyhow, been trying to catch up but it will likely take me a few days. I'm off to the gym in the morning so I need to shut it down but wanted to pop in and say hello before heading to sleep!
Ah, good to see you back, Jen! You'll have to tell us about your vacay. I saw some adorable pics on FB - what a cute little guy you have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
My being home every day (recently retired) is slowly becoming a reality. I am finding a routine - I think of a million things to do and go from project to project in a day. I finally made a list - just as I use to do at work and then check off as I accomplish WHOLE tasks.

I am still in awe of JUDDD's ability to (for me) quickly see vacation pounds disappear. And am so happy the transition was an easy one back to EOD.
Wonderful that you are easily getting back into the JUDDD routine! I'll just bet it's a challenge with all that "free" time trying to decide what project to tackle. I think I'd be the same way, flitting from one thing to another. Come to think of it, I routinely have to re-focus myself because I tend to be a multi-tasker, but there's a fine line between effectively multi-tasking and just aimlessly bouncing around from thing to thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
Just got these today and as I get twinges in the hinges (knees, mostly), now and then!
Twinges in the hinges! I love that! Not that you have them of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Hi All! Much to catch up on and whew that was a lot. So much going on around the board. Miss you guys!

I've ben doing 5:2 for the past two weeks and it's been nice. I just needed a little break physically and mentally. It's been a year now and I was having a serious case of diet fatigue and life stress. I start back with rotations next week.
Quote:
I actually finally started dropping weight when I switched to 5:2 which I found interesting. I'm starting back to my rotations as of Saturday, but it's good to know that this is manageable once I'm ready for maintenance.
Oh, how I understand the need for that break! Diet fatigue really is a real thing, and when it hits, boy, you just have to pay attention. I'm so glad 5:2 is working well for you, and wow that it got you losing again!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #243
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
So cool! Are you going with him? We'll need to know when the show airs. Even if he/you don't get picked, maybe we can see you guys when the camera pans over the audience!
I'm going to try, but it's mid-week, so I'll try, but I have to take time off work. I think it would be fun, but sometimes crowds in confined spaces make me . We shall see.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #244

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
So exciting.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
@Slowsure I love love your posts..they always get me thinking... you have in fact put me onto so many things and I am truly thankful. I am going to start weight exercises. See I love the "ballerina" look, long and lean, and have a fear of weights but I don't want to be breaking my bones in my old age as my mother did. I am a point in my life where all I need to to is maintain my lean look. Easier said than done - if I add any form of sugar and starch in then I'm a goner. I build muscle easily I love cycling and I have well defined legs and calves - not the lean ballerina look..lol...such is life.

Anyway I used full fasting JUDDD to get rid of Christmas sugar/starch regain and have switched to Fast 5 for maintenance and am really loving it I get to eat every day and I eat from 2pm - 7pm and it is fast becoming a lifestyle now and I have definitely noticed a huge appetite decrease. I break my fast at 2pm with salmon or eggs (protein) and then enjoy dinner around 6.00. I am very strict with the 2-7 and that works for me I really need firm rules or I just go haywire.

If you can get to the point where you can eat one unit of a trigger food (e.g. white chocolate covered licorice ball) whilst in a craving state, but stop right after, then you are a Jedi master and nothing can stand in your way

"I am what I ate...and I'm frightened"....Bill Cosby
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Sorry if I'm being rude or nosy, Mojo, but are you at the lowest weight in your siggy? I did not realize you were at goal. I guess at 5'7 119 is a very lean look!!! No matter how muscular. I'm a bit jealous.

I went to the store this afternoon and saw a lady with the prettiest haircut. I stopped her as she was getting into her car to talk with her about it, and where she got it done lol. She probably thought I was nuts. She lives in Pawley's Island, so I doubt I'll be using her stylist...she did say it wasn't strange that I asked about it and that people often do.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:43 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Yes Cindy I am at goal but have had struggles with binge eating and can easily regain with a few binges. Eating too early in the day will set off a binge so fasting until 2pm is my sweet spot.I have listened to medical advice of eating regularly with snacks and this just aggravated my BED. Crazy but true, tis better for me not to eat - I'm sure it's insulin/leptin issues - both my parents had type 2 diabetes in old age.

I drink water with ACV at the end of meal to signal the cessation of eating and I believe it helps with blood sugar. I focus on proteins and veggies; I haven't had bread or pasta in 3 years and couldn't care if I never ate them again; but chocolate, licorice, cheese and nuts call to me and they will puff me up in an instant.

I also have to eat small meals (small in size but dense in calories ie fatty meat, avocado, cream, sausage, bacon hehehe) - even eating a tonne of veggies can set off binges, something to do with stretching stomach receptors. That's why I'm loving fast 5 as I find my appetite decreasing so I don't eat those large stomach stretching meals. My plan is to add trigger foods to my Fast 5 eating window at some stage and see what effect this would have, but I am too skeered at the moment, will wait for now.

Years and years of trial and error, and scouring the internet OCD-like has found the above to be my sweet spot. I have failed many times but believe I have found the key for me.. but I will never ever...get back to over 200lbs again. I am fitter and healthier now than when I was younger.

Last edited by mojocat; 03-13-2014 at 03:47 PM..
Old 03-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Lisa have you found you continue losing on 5:2? I know a lot of people use it as maintenance, but others still seem to lose on it.
I know you didn't ask me, but when I did a kinda 5:2 during my "break" over the summer, I also continued to lose. However, it was very slow. For comparison purposes, when I first started JUDDD, I lost about 10 pounds every 6-7 weeks. I lost 10 pounds during my 6 month "break" in which I used a modified 5:2/Fast 5/eat whatever I want whenever I want protocol.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:31 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Mojocat, it's great to hear that you've found what works for you.
Kudos for your perseverance and congratulations on your success.

Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:01 AM   #250
Big Yapper!!!!

True, true, Flossy. It sounds like you've learned a lot about yourself Mojo, and found what works.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:56 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I know you didn't ask me, but when I did a kinda 5:2 during my "break" over the summer, I also continued to lose. However, it was very slow. For comparison purposes, when I first started JUDDD, I lost about 10 pounds every 6-7 weeks. I lost 10 pounds during my 6 month "break" in which I used a modified 5:2/Fast 5/eat whatever I want whenever I want protocol.
Quote:
Thank you both for responding! I'm filing this away in the back of my head for that far away day that I have to start thinking about maintenance. It's interesting that for both of you 5:2 still resulted in losses. I wonder if anyone maintains on some sort of 6:1. Yennie, a modified 5:2/Fast 5/eat whatever whenever sounds like a fun plan
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:26 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Thank you both for responding! I'm filing this away in the back of my head for that far away day that I have to start thinking about maintenance. It's interesting that for both of you 5:2 still resulted in losses. I wonder if anyone maintains on some sort of 6:1. Yennie, a modified 5:2/Fast 5/eat whatever whenever sounds like a fun plan
I’m trying 6:1 for March to see if it works for maintenance. I know that a lot of people on Michael Mosley’s site (5:2) do 6:1 for maintenance, but it seems some stay on 5:2 and others still lose on 6:1. There isn’t a standard answer that fits everyone.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

The most important aspect of maintenance is to keep that weight stable to lock in the new setpoint and restore normal leptin sensitivity. Things that are said to help are protein, exercise, fish oil and abstinence of sugar (I can vouch for the latter, adding sugar in is the slippery slope). Lyle McDonald says that exercise has a bigger impact on weight maintenance than weight loss. If you are too heavy or tired to exercise just 15 mins after a main meal walking or resistance will help dump the glucose. Fasting affects leptin/insulin as well which is why it's so effective for appetite regulation. If you need a rest from JUDDD there are many other variations and as Ailuros says we just need to find the right one or change it from time to time. I rejected fast 5 because I thought I would binge in those 5 hours but amazingly this is not the case, whereas on JUDDD my UD's became a binge fest..experiment, tweak and don't give up.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #254

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm getting permanent eye make-up tomorrow. I hope it comes out well, and doesn't look like it was applied with a Sharpie.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:16 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KimKS
Stats: 242/179/145 (5'10")
WOE: Hcg/now JUDDD
Start Date: May 2012/Mar 2014
Quote:
I'm getting permanent eye make-up tomorrow. I hope it comes out well, and doesn't look like it was applied with a Sharpie.
Oh how exciting! I'd love to do that someday but I'm a big chicken when needles are involved!
KimKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:33 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
Just got these today and as I get twinges in the hinges (knees, mostly), now and then!
Thank you for the recommendations!

Melinda Mine are 1500/1500 mg, not huge at all! got them from Trader Joe's. Half the size of multi-vitamin or Calcium, twice the size of Tylenol caplets!
Ooh, thanks for letting me know! I don't have a TJ's by me, but I will keep an eye out now for smaller pills....

Quote:
Oh my!!! We will need PICTURES, of course!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Oh, that's fun! I'm still saving up to have my arms done. I'll compromise on having to apply make-up daily if I can get rid of some extra skin.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #258
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Wow, that's exciting!! Plus, I think you're very brave. Pictures please.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:15 AM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Wow! Yes, pictures will be necessary! I to your bravery. I couldn't do it. I have an unreasonable aversion to anyone coming near my eyes. I have great difficulty having a makeover because I can't stand them doing my eyes (which is really the whole point, IMO) and when they get out the mascara, you can forget it! A good friend of mine dyed my brows and lashes for me for a long time, and it was a big joke how when she was cleaning up the lash area afterward with a swab, how I just blinked and twitched. And I totally trusted her!

Luckily I can do my own eyes with no problem. Thank g*d, because I'd be a scary sight without mascara!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

What mascara do you use - I have yet to find a good one; I think it's to do with the brush, it has to be small and I find the container dries out quickly. The best I have found is a cheaper one, can't remember the brand but it's a bright pink and green container and been around for years.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
mojo ... the pink and green is Maybelline Great Lash. I use that one.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

Mojo, I think that's Maybelline Great Lash. I do use that, and it's pretty good for the money. I use that - waterproof - on my lower lashes, and then Maybelline Define-a-Lash - non-waterproof - on my uppers. I have "leaky" eyes, and the lower lashes gets washed off in the corners if I don't use the waterproof there.

I just started trying Loreal's butterfly mascara - the ads got to me. It's pretty good - sure does build a lot of length. Weird shaped wand takes some getting used to. Unfortunately I mistakenly bought waterproof and I hate having to do more than just wash my face at night. So with this I have to do the whole makeup removal routine. Thank goodness for CO!

Mojo - if you like a small brush, you won't like the Butterfly stuff!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Thanks yes that's the one - Great Lash. I buy the new fancy ones but always go return to GL. My lower lashes are the problem, they are non-existent and I always smudge them and it looks like a bad eyeliner job. I need that thin brush to do them properly. I look ghastly without mascara. I find it weird that a lot of boys/men have long eyelashes..not fair..
Old 03-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!

....totally agree....not fair!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #265
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
mojo ... the pink and green is Maybelline Great Lash. I use that one.
That's what I use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Mojo, I think that's Maybelline Great Lash. I do use that, and it's pretty good for the money. I use that - waterproof - on my lower lashes, and then Maybelline Define-a-Lash - non-waterproof - on my uppers. I have "leaky" eyes, and the lower lashes gets washed off in the corners if I don't use the waterproof there.

I just started trying Loreal's butterfly mascara - the ads got to me. It's pretty good - sure does build a lot of length. Weird shaped wand takes some getting used to. Unfortunately I mistakenly bought waterproof and I hate having to do more than just wash my face at night. So with this I have to do the whole makeup removal routine. Thank goodness for CO!

Mojo - if you like a small brush, you won't like the Butterfly stuff!
I bought the Loreal Butterfly, but don't like it. The ad got me too.
I have super- long eyelashes. With mascara my lashes hit my eye glasses and leave black smudges sometimes.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I missed out on the classes for all this stuff. I try it twice then lose interest.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!

I never use mascara, but I want to lol. It doesn't seem to make much a difference whether I do or I don't, because my lashes are so thin and short. I use eyeliner and that takes care of it. It would be nice to have lashes too, but all I end up with is sticky lashes (at best), or smudges. I used to use it religiously, but began to wonder if it was really necessary after the eyeliner, because it really didn't show up. I try every now and then, again.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Kudos to all of you makeup wearers. Is that even a word? Hmm...

I never caught the makeup bug because I'm super impatient and I just can't focus long enough to apply anything to my face outside of face wash which I am obsessed with.

The only time I'll even let someone put makeup on me is when I'm in a wedding so I give you all props for knowing what works with your complexion and all that jazz. I'm virtually a fish out of water there.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:33 PM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Im on my tablet her, so typing is a drag... But im a certified makeup artist, and am happy to give tips if any are asked! Just gotta wait till i get on my laptop.

I like Maybelline "falsies" in super dark black. Theres also some new one out with 2 wands, one is narrow for the lower lashes, if wou like that.

Dawn, where are the pictures?
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:04 PM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Makeup makes a huge difference for my eyes and evening out my skin tone, so I wear it, but my routine is 5 minutes, tops. Ooh, Soren, I wanted to try "falsies," so now I know you like it I will try it! I don't do the lower lashes, though. Does anyone have a favorite eyeliner that lasts a long time? I'm glad we can talk about anything on this thread!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote