Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Popping in to say HELLO!!! Been sooo busy this past week, we had rehearsals and then previews pretty much all week and lots of auditions. I haven't had much time to check the board! I'm doing okay eating wise more MD's than DD's because of my crazy schedule but I've lost more inches!!! I just want to say congrats for all the great losses, YamYam breaking the 10lb barrier, Pat getting into those 16's! I am almost there too! And congrats to all others for their successes! And a big hug to Carol and others who are struggling and experimenting and trying to tweak and work their nutrition and/or exercise to feel healthier and lose weight/inches, ect. CONGRATS for not giving up altogether and caring about yourself enough to really figure out what's going on with your body. Everyone's bodies are different! Hang in there! And HANG IN THERE EVERYONE with all this crazy, rain, snow, flooding, sinkholes, ice, COLD---UGH!!! Spring is right around the corner! Stay positive!!! Love yourselves and others and I will hopefully have some time tonight and tomorrow to catch up on more posts. Right now I need to clean this apartment! LOL! TTYL! XOXOXO
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/155/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
So much going on here, can't comment on all that's going on...I concur...applause for all those who deserve it and consolation for those in need and hugs for everyone. Had to comment on the following, tho':

Hey, Pat, have to add my congrats! I know the feeling well. I hope your post about doing the measurements helps other newbies of the importance of doing so...and that doesn't mean that you shouldn't start. We've said all along (well, maybe we've slacked off a bit) that we lose inches before the pounds. That's one of the amazing things about this woe. And the pants don't lie.

One of my problems is that my brain still tells me I'm a 2x and I have a hard time reaching for that size 16, 14 or even a medium.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 PM   #123
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
TMI alert and a vent:

Today is day 15 of tom. I'm soooo over it! I got the Mirena on 2/7. I started right on time, but had a couple of days of spotting and really bad cramps, then had my normal period for my normal 7 days, but have been having spotting ever since. I thought it was over yesterday, but had cramps again last night, and then nothing today until about a half hour ago. That rat TOM is still sticking around. I'm getting quite moody, but I think it's just because I'm ticked, not because I'm hormonal.

I have an appointment on Friday (follow up for the Mirena placement) and you can guarantee I'll be giving the nurse practitioner an earful!

Okay, that has nothing to do with anything, but I just had to get it off my chest.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Pat,
Dawn, I remember those days. I felt like a fire hydrant. Beaming the best things your way. Good luck with the app't.
Broadway baby, what show????????
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #125

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Flossyliz, welcome back! You've been missed!

Soren, on the mood thing. It's no fun to feel crabby and off kilter. And pretty out of character for you, I'd say!

JD, I'm glad you did better sleeping last night! What a relief that must've been. Hopefully it'll only get better from here.

Pat, I'm sorry you're doggy is so sick. I had a dog with Addison's too, many years ago. She was my childhood dog, but she got real sick when I was about 18 and I became her primary caregiver. She was a little doll, but it became more complicated caring for her. I'm so glad you found a good solution with the cheese! And WTG on those jeans! Rock it, girl!

Mojo, very interesting! I'm much to private (and scared) to take part in something like that, but will be watching with interest how they handle it. I wonder if it will be objective treatment, or a trash-fest?

BroadwayBaby, Thanks for the support - it means a lot. You are such a busy lady! So glad your career seems to be going so well. I'm going to say "I knew her when"!

Mary, it's always good to see you popping in! I know what you mean about not being able to realize you're a smaller size. It's a crazy feeling!

Dawn, I don't blame you one bit for being unhappy with that situation. I hate having it for my typical 3 or 4 days, and can't imagine having it for 15. YUCK! I hope your doctor/PA can help.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
OMG...I can't possibly comment on every situation tonight......whether it's GOOD...BAD...OR...UGLY....BUT, I hope you all will accept a big huge from me, to cover whichever situation you may have.

Love and support you all very much.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
BroadwayBaby: So glad you got a chance to pop in! Sounds like you are hanging in there and doing well.

Dawn: So sorry you are going through this. Hope the doc can get it figured out and give you some kind of solution.

Wow, we have a lot of really tall peeps here, don't we?

Pat: 5'10" and in a 16 already is so awesome! You will look great and thin in those 14s!

I have not gotten back into my 14s yet. I'm happy when I get into 12s and ecstatic if I get down to a 10.

It's great to come here and read up on how everyone is doing.

I'm very mellow today. It's a DD and I have zero energy. I should have gone to the gym today but just wasn't feelin' it.

Tomorrow my grand kids are coming over to spend the night so I hope my energy comes back by then!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
My mojo is slipping-- not great UD on Tuesday or DD yesterday. Today is a bit iffy, but I'm going to workout now, and I have a solid plan for dinner.

And I'm planning for a good DD tomorrow, so we'll turn this fun-bus right around!
S.

ETA-- Carol, you're right, I'm generally pretty up-beat and optimistic. Man, I was off.my.game. the other night. I felt weird and couldn't do anything about it. TOM is in play, so maybe that's part of it?
Mine's erratic, to say the least. The Dr. says that when/as I lose weight, it should get more regular (hormones not being sucked up by fat. And being released by escaping fat... woo! hormone par-tay!)

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)

Last edited by sorenkkg; 03-06-2014 at 03:11 PM..
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:24 PM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
DH has been rather blush-y when I told him that you were congratulating him on the recognition/bonus but he's quietly pleased.

It was a lovely celebration and I'm so pleased that it happened. Anytime you get to celebrate such a dear friend officially finishing chemotherapy is fabulous.

Other than that, let's just say, things have been a tad fraught. The front door stuck because it's been swelling and contracting with the rain and sun. In attempting to open it by thumping it, DH broke one of the 2 glass panes in the door and the adjoining double-glazed window. So, we got home last night, he did that, then we were waiting until 10:30pm for the insurers' emergency glaziers to come out and put in a security repair.

I shall write this up when my head is more in the game but I had a DXA scan while I was away. It will take a while for me to process the information and to talk to people about it but it was a mixed bag. My body composition is better than indicated by the BodPod last year (huzzah - but not enough to throw a party about). But...my skeletal muscle mass is so scant that I already meet the definition for sarcopenia at what seems like 30 years ahead of schedule. There's also some indication that although my overall bone mineral density is OK there are some areas where it isn't - to the point where there is marked erosion in my lower back (which may account for some of the pain).

Anyhow - mixed news, a tad fraught. I don't think I'll be able to discuss the scan in much detail for a few days as I have an awful lot to think through.

Nov 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

SlowSure: So sorry for the stress of the broken door glass. But more for the results of the scan. Take it easy, Dear, and do take lots of time to mull things over and do the research I know you will do. Much love and hugs from me.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:55 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

SlowSure.... from me as well.

It would be understandable if you are thinking "Enough already!!!" Take your time. You know we will all be here when you are ready.

Just take care of yourself and your sweet DH.

Phyl
Old 03-06-2014, 11:17 PM   #132

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Slow, I'm so sorry the DXA scan didn't reveal better news. I just can't imagine, as active as you are, that you have that little skeletal muscle mass. My mind just can't wrap around that. Anyway, take all the time you need to digest the news. We'll be here when you're ready to talk it out.

Soren, I sure hope you can get that mojo back! You've been doing so well with your exercising, and I want to see you getting the results you're looking for!

Yam-Yam, I'm hoping for you to wake up with lots of energy tomorrow so you can really enjoy your little folks.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:03 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/176/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Slow, Oh My! never expected the DXA scan to come out the way it did, All I've been hearing is being active= being healthy especially at your wgt Although, DH is always telling me, there can be multiple different factors contributing to any one diagnosis.

First deluge, now the wood frames/window issues, what a hassle! I guess, just when we breathe a sigh of relief, something always crops up to keep us running on our tippy toes!

Finally, Facetimed with DD after couple of days! Too busy with studies and real bad internet reception at her house, was her excuse! Sounded good and planning a trip to the Great Barrier Reef to celebrate her birthday in couple of weeks!
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:26 AM   #134
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
SlowI don't understand what causes loss of muscle mass, but I do know that I'm in danger of the same. My mother developed osteoporosis in her 60s and broke her hip 2x over the years. It has something to do with small skeletal frames and being Caucasian. I know you will do whatever it takes, if it is possible, to reverse or stop the process.

JD, your mother/daughter trip sounds fantastic! That is something to really look forward to.

I'm feeling pretty good this morning and actually went down on the scale after a UD for the first time ever. I hope that doesn't mean that I don't lose after a DD today. Maybe I can get out of the 70s before a year passes. July will make a year that I first got out of the 80's.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:36 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
Start Date: May 2013
Trying to catch up on all the news - but such a busy thread! I'm home now - back from my AZ adventure for February. I was 164 today - and ready to do battle with these vacation pounds.

So much unpacking to do - hello to all! Hugs to those who are struggling and congrats to those doing well. Life happens - we just move on one day at a time!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:41 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Thinking of you, Slow.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #137

Slow, you do so much for us here and I'm so sad that things are going poorly for you just now. I was really, really hoping your DXA scan would reveal great news. As trite as it sounds, I really wish I could wave a magic wand and take away all the stress and physical junk.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/163.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
DH has been rather blush-y when I told him that you were congratulating him on the recognition/bonus but he's quietly pleased.

It was a lovely celebration and I'm so pleased that it happened. Anytime you get to celebrate such a dear friend officially finishing chemotherapy is fabulous.

Other than that, let's just say, things have been a tad fraught. The front door stuck because it's been swelling and contracting with the rain and sun. In attempting to open it by thumping it, DH broke one of the 2 glass panes in the door and the adjoining double-glazed window. So, we got home last night, he did that, then we were waiting until 10:30pm for the insurers' emergency glaziers to come out and put in a security repair.

I shall write this up when my head is more in the game but I had a DXA scan while I was away. It will take a while for me to process the information and to talk to people about it but it was a mixed bag. My body composition is better than indicated by the BodPod last year (huzzah - but not enough to throw a party about). But...my skeletal muscle mass is so scant that I already meet the definition for sarcopenia at what seems like 30 years ahead of schedule. There's also some indication that although my overall bone mineral density is OK there are some areas where it isn't - to the point where there is marked erosion in my lower back (which may account for some of the pain).

Anyhow - mixed news, a tad fraught. I don't think I'll be able to discuss the scan in much detail for a few days as I have an awful lot to think through.
I just want to offer you a big and gentle hug and to let you know that I care. We shall be here when you wish to discuss.
Much love,
P
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

Goner: Man, I hate the unpacking part after any vacation or time away. I give myself as many days as I need. Actually, one of my Palm Springs suitcases is not unpacked yet! It has all the clean clothes I didn't even wear in it. I always over-pack.

You will be into DD rotations in no time and that extra weight will drop away.

Stay warm!

JD: How fun to be planning such a great trip with your DD! Enjoy to the max!
Old 03-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Slow. My mom's family are like tiny little birds, bone-wise. I know she's had some luck with treatments that bring calcium back and help the bones. I don't remember what they are (and I'm not talking to her at the moment but I know there are viable options, monthly injections I think, definitely do-able options from what I recall).

you will conquer this, I know it!

JD-- how fun! Australia is on our to-do list for sometime in the next 5yrs for sure!

Carol-- thanks chica! How are you doing with your mojo?

Funny-- I was worried about my UD yesterday, but lying on the couch, I thought my tummy felt, um, lower.

So even though I don't weigh after UDs, I weighed today, and was down a bit!

Now I'm trying to balance wanting to exercise (thinking it's some magic thing) with some stress I'm feeling in my left hip and knee.

I'm taking glucosamine now, hoping that will help... they say to take it for a full month before judging.

That's it on my side-- oh, I'm hearing weird things in the walls at night, so I called an exterminator We had mice last year, and I thought we handled it. But we share a wall with the neighbor, and I *know* they didn't handle their side of things (they're lovely people, but they outright told me that they had mice and didn't do much about it) so this might be an uphill battle.
sigh.
S.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

Don't know how my day will go. I was up taking care of DH last night. Almost took him to the hospital. I think he might have pneumonia. I gave him hot tea and honey at 2 a.m. and convinced him to take two of my Tylenol PM tablets which knocked him out pretty good but I was afraid to go to sleep because he had been having trouble breathing.

We have been passing colds back and forth and this one has a horrible sore throat, sneezing and a really miserable cough with lots of mucus and yuck.

Called the doctor this morning and they want to see him so we have an appointment in a few hours.

The kids are supposed to arrive at 3 this afternoon. I called DD to give her a heads up.

In the middle of all that we are having wood delivered for our wood burning stove. Our delivery guy comes by and drops it on the side of the street by our yard and we always move and stack it right away 'cos we can't leave it out there.

DD volunteered to get some of her friends together and have her teens bring work clothes and she said don't worry, they will take care of it. But I'm going to help. I need the exercise and I need to supervise or it will end up in all the wrong places.

Wouldn't mind if you JBs would send up some good thoughts and prayers for DH. He is 8 years older than me. When he gets really sick like he was last night, I get extremely concerned.

I had maybe 2 hours of sleep last night and I'm running on adrenaline at this point.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #142

Good thoughts going out for Mr. Yam!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Beaming good things, Yam. xo
Old 03-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hoping it's not pneumonia for Mr. yam. That would not be yammy at all
Old 03-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

for you and your dear DH today, Yam.

Phyl
Old 03-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #146
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Sending out good thoughts for your DH, Yam.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
for Mr. Yam-Yam!!!

for all who need them and for all those who need that.

I feel like this ----> , so super glad it's Friday evening and I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

I'm also hoping to get some good sleep- thanks for all the wishes and comments about this.

I my JBs.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, dear Yamster,
I am on faithful prayer patrol.
Hugs and blessings,
P
Old 03-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, dear Carly,
We were posting at the same time.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
Scanned the thread pretty quickly and getting caught up seems out of the question. A couple of short comments though.

SlowSure, fond thoughts from me to you!

Yam Yam, good vibes and prayers already sent!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote