Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 05:41 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’ll hang on as long as I dare .
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 06:05 AM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Carol . I hope your LC beak is just the shake up you need.

SS- congrats to DH.

I had a terrible night last night regarding almost no sleep- ugh. I'm having more and more issues on DD nights.

I'm getting seriously worried and just don't know what is going on 2 yeas into this.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:09 AM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
LowCarbarella was talking about the sleepless problem. Is it just sleeplessness or have you been sleep walking again?

Cindy, sorry you are having In Real Life issues. Sending hugs x
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Another bit of good news

Thank you all for the good wishes about DH.

On a separate note, a young friend was diagnosed with leukaemia 2 years ago this month. It was diagnosed very late and it was only a moderate prognosis.

Anyway, progress has been exemplary and the chemotherapy is now officially finished and there's been no remission.

So, from tonight, I'm away until late Thursday/Friday attending an impromptu celebration. (It's in a fairly remote area so the signal can't be relied upon.)
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #95

How wonderful. I am am so delighted for you and your friend. We had a similar experience with a neighbours 6 year old. He is now a healthy 13 year old.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

SS- congrats to DH.

I had a terrible night last night regarding almost no sleep- ugh. I'm having more and more issues on DD nights.

I'm getting seriously worried and just don't know what is going on 2 yeas into this.
Carly, you are doing 5:2 now, right? I noticed that when I went off rotations recently for about two weeks, I had sleep issues on DDs just like I did in the beginning. Do you think it is because you're not doing DDs eod? Could you raise your DD calories?
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I don't have the energy to respond to everyone, but love reading your posts. I do want to say congrats to DH, Slow.

I am trying to work on some things not diet related, and also not ruin my diet lol. I am so exhausted today and I'm glad it's a UD, although yesterday was more of a MD than a DD. Wouldn't it be nice if we could diet in a vacuum, where nothing else affected our efforts?
Wow. What a dream that would be. So sorry you have life issues that are troubling. Hope everything works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Ailuros, just want to warn you that you're fast approaching 180:1, which didn't work well in my experience.
This is envy speaking. I'm excited to hear your results. They will be fabulous, I'm sure.
You are soooooo funny!!! Seriously, though. That's just what happened to me last year!!! I wish I would have relaxed and gone to 5:2 or 6:1 or "something" 1 or "anything" 1. I know better now!

Quote:

SS- congrats to DH.

I read something, somewhere, I think it was in the Leptin Reset book?? Anyway, when I started having problems again with sleep on very low cal DDs, I remembered that some protein before bed could help with sleep. I got out my whey isolate protein powder and started stirring one scoop (20 grams of protein; 90 calories) in about 3 ounces of very cold water about an hour before bed time on DDs.

It is really working for me! I sleep so well.

Maybe a glass of lactose free milk? Or some Greek yogurt if you don't like the protein powder?

I hope you figure this out.

Did you go back to 5:2? I thought you said you were doing ADF again because you wanted to support your DW in her efforts?

IMHO your body is definitely trying to tell you something with the sleeplessness problem. Maybe you need a break or maybe more pm comfort foods. Keep us posted on how you are doing with this, K?

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:12 PM   #98

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
I'm sorry you are having a hard time, LoCarbGal. It is hard when you lose the mojo. Hopefully the Atkins will be just the shake-up you need.
Thanks, my friend! You have been an inspiration to me with your experimenting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
Please DO stick around during your LC weeks.
I have come to depend on your posts. ( I really do know that this is not about me.)
I completely trust you to know what is best for you.
Just look at your progress.............which inspires me every single day.
You know your body and you know your mindset and I am sure this JUDDD break will renew you.
Big hug.
You're so sweet - thank you! I'm so glad my posts are helpful. I'm not feeling very inspirational lately, so you're message was a real boost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Carol, stay and let us know how you do with the shake up! Trying a new level on the rower this week... Maked me think, hey Carol- what if your exercise is stalling your (scale) loss?

S.
Thanks sweets! I haven't been weighing, so I don't know for sure, but I "feel" stalled, IYKWIM. What I do wonder, though, is whether my efforts to do more muscle building has increased my appetite. Maybe my body is asking to be fed more to fuel the muscle. IDK! You're really inspiring me on that rower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
Carol Darling, Do whatever you need to do to get rid of the sugar cravings but please make sure you keep us updated because your journey is an inspiration to many of us turtles. Talking of sugars, I swear, I could easily live on bread, butter, sweets and dairy!

I thought, I finally had a handle on my DDs but the scale is still revolving around the same numbers. No idea what's going on! I might go back to LC if I don't see any shift during the next couple of weeks. Then, of course, the April vacation is waiting to do its number ( I just know it)! Ugh! never ending story! However, I do know that I'm never going to give up, just have to weather the set backs as they materialize! Part of life, I guess!
Thanks, lovely JD! I will keep you updated. In fact, I started a thread just now to keep a little running "journal" of how it's going, and hopefully some others who may be feeling the same way can join in with whatever they are trying. I'm sorry you're feeling a bit of the same maddening feelings.

Quote:

Thanks, sweet Carly! I'm so sorry you're struggling with your sleep. I can't imagine it's JUDDD doing this to you. You've got a lot on your plate with work, and a change that comes to mind is your increased physical activity. I know you'll get it worked out and get back to your normal sleep patterns.

Slow, I wanted to congratulate you and DH on his wonderful accomplishments! How great that he got the recognition he deserves. I know you are so proud!

Ailuros, how exciting to be trying 6:1! That's hardly dieting at all, and I sure hope it works for you.

Cindy/LG, sorry you're having to deal with "stuff". Life can be exhausting!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:45 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/176/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Carly, I've been having severe insomnia problems on my low DDs too! Lowcarbarella just wrote in the "How is your DD going" (after searching the forum threads) that insomnia hits people who have been JUDDDing for a while, close to or at goal! So you, my friend, fit in perfectly!

I ended up upping my calories today as the walk really did make me more nibbley! However, I'll have to see if I sleep any better!
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Slow, great to hear about your DH's reward & recognition. I swear, we feel more chuffed for them than they do for themselves!
Always good to hear about people who beat the cancer at its own game! Let's pray that it never shows its face again! Thank God and celebrate to your hearts content!
Old 03-05-2014, 02:14 AM   #101

Carol, I am going off to look for your new thread in a moment. But I just had a thought. You say you are still not weighing. I know that this was a help and kept you calm when you began to ignore the numbers. But perhaps this is the time to face the scales, for honesty and so that you actually have a starting weight for your experiment. I know you are wise and will make your own mind up but I believe you are strong enough to face whatever the beast says, and you have us to vent to or celebrate with you.

Saw an excellent production of Ibsen's Ghosts last night, but boy was it Ibsenish. Not a jolly evening.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 03-05-2014, 03:35 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
So much to catch up on. Checking in to say hello to all.

Carol, I'm so happy that you're already feeling at peace mentally with your decision. You definitely know your body the best and sometimes we just need a break.

SS, Yay for your hubby. Wishing him much success.

In response to the issues with insomnia, I've found that sometimes when I work out too much I can't get to sleep. I don't know if the body becomes overtired and doesn't know how to shut down, but I've definitely found that to be an issue. I hope you all find resolve because even as a person who averages 4-5 hours a night I absolutely need those hours to function.

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:56 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Carly, have you looked at any info about poly-phasic sleeping? I remember reading an article on another forum(not able to link) a few weeks ago, and they had some interesting insights. Not a solution to insomnia, but maybe a different way of looking at it, and dealing with the effects.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:51 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Thank you for your lovely messages of condolence and sorry I couldn't reply earlier.
I've loads of catching up to do but it's good to be back. I've missed the JBs!

My computer was completely trashed and I've been slowly breaking in my new one while rapidly consuming more wine and chocolate (not together!) than fits with weight loss - or maintainance!

On Monday morning, I had an alarmingly double chin, courtesy of salty crisps (chips) enjoyed the evening before.
The scales said "That's enough!!!"
And I agreed.
The DD overnight loss of 2.5lbs confirmed that I should be grateful to the crisps for pointing me back in the right direction and things are looking very encouraging after yesterday's UD.

My last post was on January 27 and I said I expected to have 3 or 4 pounds to lose.
All I have to say now is

We're going away at the end of the month and I don't usually JUDDD when on holiday, so I have only a couple of weeks to re-establish some good habits.
Thank goodness JUDDD is so flexible!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Welcome back FlossyLiz!
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Venting:
I wound up in an epically foul mood yesterday. I don't know why-- in retrospect, it was either 1) waking up wayyyyy too early for me (i.e. schedule change) and/or 2) too many carb-based meals.
or both.
sigh

I'm planning for a good DD today-- even though I'm in day 2 of a 3 day workshop (read: omg, free food, must eat it all!) -- I have a v8, and I'm the one who ordered the food so hopefully there's a salad that comes today.

I'm also going to do a fast workout (i.e.. 30 min vs 40+ min) at home tonight, so I'll try to mitigate the damage from the carbathon yesterday.

I'm so close to the next decade of numbers, I really want to see that in the next week or so.

I'm hoping to lose 10lbs in March and 10 in April... that would get me back to where I was last year in May.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:31 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrie jayne
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Venting:
I wound up in an epically foul mood yesterday. I don't know why-- in retrospect, it was either 1) waking up wayyyyy too early for me (i.e. schedule change) and/or 2) too many carb-based meals.
or both.
sigh

I'm planning for a good DD today-- even though I'm in day 2 of a 3 day workshop (read: omg, free food, must eat it all!) -- I have a v8, and I'm the one who ordered the food so hopefully there's a salad that comes today.

I'm also going to do a fast workout (i.e.. 30 min vs 40+ min) at home tonight, so I'll try to mitigate the damage from the carbathon yesterday.

I'm so close to the next decade of numbers, I really want to see that in the next week or so.

I'm hoping to lose 10lbs in March and 10 in April... that would get me back to where I was last year in May.
I hope you have a better day today.
carrie jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Nice to see you again Floss!
Soren and wishing you all the success! I love it when you start the conversation with a warning!

On the insomnia front, I went to sleep around 1:00 am (way early for me) and woke up at 6:30 am this morning in spite of yesterday being a DD. Maybe upping the calories and exercise (after a week!) helped! Today shouldn't be problem as it's an UD,
We are back into 70s and the rain has bypassed us completely Have to find a way to continue with my walks and curtail the ensuing hunger!
Old 03-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/163.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Carly,
I am so new and you are so accomplished that I feel out of place offering anything to you, but since JUDDD and JBs are forgiving I shall share something with you.
I am taking care of a very sick dog. He has Addison's Disease. He was sleeping fitfully at night and throwing up each morning.
I hit on something for him. I give him 1/2 slice of Deli Deluxe American cheese in small bites at bedtime. Problems solved, for now, at least.
It was hard to resist cuz I love that cheese but I never indulged.
Then one day I decided to incorporate 35 cals worth of it in my plan for both UD and DDs.
Voila: good sleep for me.
It may be crazy and it may be a coincidence but I'd thought I'd mention it. I have had trouble sleeping ever since Brian died (8! years now). But, no more.
For what it is worth.
Big hug,
P
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #110

How interesting Pat. So sorry about your dog.

I am pleased that you are sleeping better.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brainardt
Stats: 212/192/170 (1st goal) 5'8" 27 y.o
Start Date: January 31, 2014
That is so interesting Pat!! I no longer have trouble sleeping, but if I do ever again, I will remember your words!
brainardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Something wonderful happened today.
I jumped right on here cuz I have no one else to scream about it with!
I've never done the measurement thing when I started a diet. Ever.
I always just measured via scale.
Since my great losses during the first 3-4 weeks I've been a bit static weightwise.
Not getting bummed, just hoping for a drop and doing rotations faithfully.
WELL
After my shower today I just decided on the spur of the moment to try on some favorite jeans from yesteryear. I only have a few size 16 cuz I jumped so fast to 18s. I started JUDDD right at the last possible moment before having to go up yet another size and 20 Tall is a very hard size to find.
I am so sick of my worn out and shapeless 18s. I've worn them for about 5-6 years for the most part. (Read sweats)
I went to my stack of size 16 pants. I didn't choose the largest fitting 16, I went for my favorite pair of size 16 jeans.
ooooo mmmmmmmmm geeeeeeee
They fit.
They fit comfortably.
They look nicely.
I was excited a couple weeks ago when I could get into my largest fitting stretchy 16 pants but the excitement this time is exponential!
I am losing inches.
I really am.
I wish I would have measured.
Dear Lord, there really is a chance that I may once again fit into my 14s.
I know that sounds like big clothes to most of you but size 14 is little for me as I am 5'10" and generally a pretty large person.
I am so happy that I am giddy. PJ is looking at me weirdly but I can't help but dance and hop and sing.
W00T
Old 03-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
WTG!!! Pat!!!
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #114

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
The pants really don't lie!! I'm 5'9" and remember I was over the moon when my MIL gave me her size 14 jeans (she had lost weight) and they FIT!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
for pants that fit!!!
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
PAT! I'm doing the chicken dance in your honor!
Well, only in my head, cuz I'm at work, but still. Doin' it!
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
Something wonderful happened today.
I jumped right on here cuz I have no one else to scream about it with!
I've never done the measurement thing when I started a diet. Ever.
I always just measured via scale.
Since my great losses during the first 3-4 weeks I've been a bit static weightwise.
Not getting bummed, just hoping for a drop and doing rotations faithfully.
WELL
After my shower today I just decided on the spur of the moment to try on some favorite jeans from yesteryear. I only have a few size 16 cuz I jumped so fast to 18s. I started JUDDD right at the last possible moment before having to go up yet another size and 20 Tall is a very hard size to find.
I am so sick of my worn out and shapeless 18s. I've worn them for about 5-6 years for the most part. (Read sweats)
I went to my stack of size 16 pants. I didn't choose the largest fitting 16, I went for my favorite pair of size 16 jeans.
ooooo mmmmmmmmm geeeeeeee
They fit.
They fit comfortably.
They look nicely.
I was excited a couple weeks ago when I could get into my largest fitting stretchy 16 pants but the excitement this time is exponential!
I am losing inches.
I really am.
I wish I would have measured.
Dear Lord, there really is a chance that I may once again fit into my 14s.
I know that sounds like big clothes to most of you but size 14 is little for me as I am 5'10" and generally a pretty large person.
I am so happy that I am giddy. PJ is looking at me weirdly but I can't help but dance and hop and sing.
W00T
Thank you for sharing this happy news!! Now go post it in the NSV thread. Seriously.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #118

Pat you've made my day, and we are all so thrilled for you I know.

So glad this is an UD, I am going to have a second glass of wine to celebrate your size 16s..
Old 03-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLiza View Post
PAT! I'm doing the chicken dance in your honor!
Well, only in my head, cuz I'm at work, but still. Doin' it!
I can picture you doing the chix dance in my head.
LOVE the image!

Thanks, you guys!
I am so glad you are here!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
ATTENTION JUDDDERS - I notice on Krista's facie she has put a callout that CBS is looking to interview people who have had success on every other day fasting.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote