Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Stay safe and warm.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2014, 07:25 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Woke to six additional inches of snow.
I had to walk PJ in the street.
I am worried for when the melting starts. I think there will many flooding situations.
I am trying hard not to let the weather affect me, but it is really difficult ~ especially when the sun is not shining.
This winter is brutal and relentless.
I try to keep positive by praying for those suffering in CA flooding and in the UK flooding.
Now the Crimea issues and so there is lot to pray about.
Wouldn't it be fun to have a JB commune?
Have a good Sunday.
Blessings,
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:28 AM   #33

You are doing great Pat, you are caring for the world it seems and we all thank you for it. If I prayed I would pray for you, you are such a lovely woman. Sending all my best loving thoughts instead.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brainardt
Stats: 212/195/170 (1st goal) 5'8" 27 y.o
Start Date: January 31, 2014
On a mini weekend vacay in Pittsburgh with the husband. 50 degrees yesterday, 24 degrees now and pouring snow. We're scheduled to leave in the morning to head back to WV, but between here and home we are to get upwards of 10+ inches of snow... so we may not be leaving anytime soon! Other than missing our tiny toddler and needing to work tomorrow night, I don't think I'd be all too upset if we were snowed in for another forced vacation day!

So many weather issues going on around the globe! Prayers are with all you JB's!!
brainardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
You are doing great Pat, you are caring for the world it seems and we all thank you for it. If I prayed I would pray for you, you are such a lovely woman. Sending all my best loving thoughts instead.
And loving kindness and thoughts that you so generously share are what make the world go 'round.
I can feel those loving thoughts and I am so grateful for them.
Big hug.

ETA: I am still just loving your AVI. Makes me smile every single day.

Last edited by Patkid; 03-02-2014 at 07:44 AM..
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:03 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm tired- I actually slept to 10am, which is unusual for me. I'd love to sit and be lazy all day, but laundry must get done and I should go to the gym.

I haven't even taken a peek outside the curtains/blinds to see what is going on out outside. DW just ran to the store to buy bleach and coffee creamer (the 2 items we forgot yesterday at Wal-Mart.)
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:08 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Lots more snow on the ground here today, too.

DONE.

OVER IT.

I hate winter. This is like Groundhog's Day!

Part of the wonderfulness that is Juddd & this community is the kindness and love poured out here every day. If only the rest of the world was like it is here. You are all treasured peeps, in my book.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #38

You too Melinda, and I wish I could magic away all this horrid weather.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
We might be getting icy, too. I'm going to stay indoors and huddle with my family.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:17 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I don't have time to comment on everyone's posts yet as I'm heading out the door to church. It's chilly and rainy and I'd rather just stay home with a warm fire. I'm going to pull on some jeans and a sweater and skip the make up. Not going to get all fancy just to get washed out by the rain.

For those of you facing more snow and ice. You must be so ready for spring!

I'll be back later to chat more.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
It's really warm here today and I've been trying on some summer clothes... I take back my comment in another thread that I wouldn't be terribly upset if I didn't lose another pound. Sick of seeing the huge gut from the side, and ready to look good (really good) in my clothes.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #42

You know what to do.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCo77
Stats: 260/222/160
WOE: JUDDD + Mod carb
Start Date: Atkins- Jan 2013 / JUDDD Feb 2014
Hi all, just checking in. I have had a super productive weekend so far, cleaning out drawers I never open, purging the junk! Feels good! Now, if only I could get rid of some of the junk on my body! Still no loss, but I'm not giving up. It's only been 3 weeks on JUDDD, and I'm keeping close track on my UDs now too, so hopefully my work will start to pay off soon!

I have been trying to do home exercises and get to bootcamp when I can, but this winter it has been really hard!!! There is NO WAY to go outside (I wonder what people with dogs do in this?) it is -38C today (which is around the point where Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same). I checked, and it is -36.4F. That is just plain insane!!! I know we Canadians are all tough about cold and all, but that is just ridiculous!

I was trying to work on patching some cracked drywall today, but it wasn't working so I need to wait for another day when I can hit the hardware store for more supplies. Vacuuming, dusting, a workout, reading... anything to keep busy at home alone on a DD.

Laura
LoCo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:10 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
Just popping in - my last day in AZ's heat... then back to the cold winter of the northeast. <sigh>

Congrats to the "losers" - great loss!

I began walking almost daily here, hope to continue at home no matter the weather - JD have you ever done Walk Away The Pounds? I have had luck with that program especially on days I just can't get outside.

My weight is up - I am sure... but once I'm back home - BACK ON TRACK!! I need a DD - my stomach is actually tired of constant eating. LOL
I have a Walk Away the Pounds CD someone gave me, but I have never used it yet! Maybe one of these very rainy days I will check it out.

Kudos to you for planning to keep up the walking even in bad weather. Give yourself some time to get used to it after your lovely days in the sun. And don't forget to be kind to yourself.

Wow, I feel the same way when I get back from a vacation, long or short. My tummy just calls to me to give it a break. You will feel so great on your first DD. Plan on having some easy protein like a HB egg or maybe a scoop of high protein whey isolate powder to kill the loud growls and grumbles you might hear from your bad self on that first DD. That's what I have to do anyway.

And just hang out here with the JBs all day long! Then you will be right back into the swing of JUDDD rotations and any pounds you may have gained will be gone in a flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
Having a ice storm right now. 10 in. of snow coming they say before tomorrow we will see. Hope everyone has a great weekend what is left.
Oh My! ice storm and then the snow. A perfect recipe for falling on my butt when I used to live in it. Be careful; stay warm and safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
Woke to six additional inches of snow.
I had to walk PJ in the street.
I am worried for when the melting starts. I think there will many flooding situations.
I am trying hard not to let the weather affect me, but it is really difficult ~ especially when the sun is not shining.
This winter is brutal and relentless.
I try to keep positive by praying for those suffering in CA flooding and in the UK flooding.
Now the Crimea issues and so there is lot to pray about.
Wouldn't it be fun to have a JB commune?
Have a good Sunday.
Blessings,
Oh, it must be so hard to stay positive with a lack of sunshine and that relentless horrible weather.

Good idea to stay upbeat by praying. And, thanks for your prayers for California. DS and his wife and family live in southern CA where there is flooding. We have been there when it floods and it's absolutely scary. I'm praying that when people are supposed to evacuate, they will. I'm amazed that news reporters feature whole neighborhoods of people ignoring evacuation orders in the middle of mud slide threats. What are they thinking? That they can get 5 minutes of TV fame from hanging around the reporters and being "brave" to stay?

Gosh! How do you fight a mud slide. You don't!!! Help them, Lord, and make them wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainardt View Post
On a mini weekend vacay in Pittsburgh with the husband. 50 degrees yesterday, 24 degrees now and pouring snow. We're scheduled to leave in the morning to head back to WV, but between here and home we are to get upwards of 10+ inches of snow... so we may not be leaving anytime soon! Other than missing our tiny toddler and needing to work tomorrow night, I don't think I'd be all too upset if we were snowed in for another forced vacation day!

So many weather issues going on around the globe! Prayers are with all you JB's!!
Stay safe! And stay put if necessary. We always fly in to Pittsburgh when we go to PA. The last time we did it in bad winter weather, we had to sleep at the airport. There were no hotels, no rental cars, it was a mess.

I don't envy anyone dealing with all that snow! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
It's really warm here today and I've been trying on some summer clothes... I take back my comment in another thread that I wouldn't be terribly upset if I didn't lose another pound. Sick of seeing the huge gut from the side, and ready to look good (really good) in my clothes.
Don't be too critical of yourself! You look amazing! Maybe you need to shop for some new clothes. It's surprising how different our bodies can look in different outfits or in clothes that fit just right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo77 View Post
Hi all, just checking in. I have had a super productive weekend so far, cleaning out drawers I never open, purging the junk! Feels good! Now, if only I could get rid of some of the junk on my body! Still no loss, but I'm not giving up. It's only been 3 weeks on JUDDD, and I'm keeping close track on my UDs now too, so hopefully my work will start to pay off soon!

I have been trying to do home exercises and get to bootcamp when I can, but this winter it has been really hard!!! There is NO WAY to go outside (I wonder what people with dogs do in this?) it is -38C today (which is around the point where Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same). I checked, and it is -36.4F. That is just plain insane!!! I know we Canadians are all tough about cold and all, but that is just ridiculous!

I was trying to work on patching some cracked drywall today, but it wasn't working so I need to wait for another day when I can hit the hardware store for more supplies. Vacuuming, dusting, a workout, reading... anything to keep busy at home alone on a DD.

Laura
wow! you are just a whirlwind of production! I'm envious. I keep looking around and planning on all the organizing and de-cluttering I'm going to do, but I just don't have the motivation right now.

My DD and the grand kids came over yesterday. I spent a couple of hours cleaning but as far as the clutter, I found some empty closet space and shoved all the clutter in there instead of dealing with it.

I pulled some out when we got back from church today thinking it would be a good DD distraction to deal with it. But I ended up walking away and coming here to zone out on the JUDDD forum!

Oh, as for the doggie/winter plan? I think it's Patkid who made balloon booties for her puppy dog. I just love picturing it! So cute and practical and cost effective!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Hi all!

I'm dealing with some more food intolerances...horrible infections throughout my body...blah blah blah..

I had to put a hold on JUDDDing until I can figure out what's triggering it. Methinks it's sugar But I love my sugar! nooooo!

Anyway, for the next two weeks, i'm going to go back on a strict Atkins induction to "clean" out the body per se. If in two weeks, my hunger levels are okay, my issues are cleared up, i'm feeling better, then I'll try JUDDDkins. Or maybe more of a 5:2 because i'm so active and my goal is to build muscle. It's hard to build muscle on a huge deficit.

But don't worry my pretties, I'm still hangin' round these parts

Add me as a friend! Facebook
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #46

Sorry to read this Katie, hope you get is under control quickly.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Sorry to read this Katie, hope you get is under control quickly.
Thanks Cindy. I hope to figure out these sinus issues most of all. I really wish I was the type to eat whatever/however and lose weight but it seems there's consequences to that. :sigh: Life is just not fair sometimes....
Old 03-02-2014, 02:33 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/106/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
I had to put a hold on JUDDDing until I can figure out what's triggering it. Methinks it's sugar But I love my sugar! nooooo!

...Or maybe more of a 5:2 because i'm so active and my goal is to build muscle. It's hard to build muscle on a huge deficit.
I hope that you can identify and work around whatever it is. Best wishes for resolving the matter.

No - not much chance of bulking up on JUDDD intakes

Is that Les Mills Body Combat that you teach?
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I hope that you can identify and work around whatever it is. Best wishes for resolving the matter.

No - not much chance of bulking up on JUDDD intakes

Is that Les Mills Body Combat that you teach?
Yes it is!! It's truly my favorite out of all of them - I will probably get certified in more as time goes on, as i'd love to just teach as my job, but we'll see what happens
Old 03-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/171/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
Just popping in - my last day in AZ's heat... then back to the cold winter of the northeast. <sigh>

Congrats to the "losers" - great loss!

I began walking almost daily here, hope to continue at home no matter the weather - JD have you ever done Walk Away The Pounds? I have had luck with that program especially on days I just can't get outside.

My weight is up - I am sure... but once I'm back home - BACK ON TRACK!! I need a DD - my stomach is actually tired of constant eating. LOL
Hi Goner, I never heard of it! Now, I'll just have to check it out! We do have a nasty BodyRider in the house which can give a real workout but I hate it. It's like an elliptical cycle and the seat is just too uncomfortable. I do 15-20 seconds and I'm huffing and puffing like crazy! In a way, the past week's rest has taught me that my long walks were making me more hungry - I think or maybe I thought I could eat more because I exercised
I have had very decent DDs and stuck close to my UD numbers (well may be except today). Hopefully, I can get back to my walk on Tuesday.
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/171/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Alas, half the pickle I made is already gone! I have to find more fresh ginger and make another batch; this time I'll measure the stuff and create a recipe!

Talking of rain/snow and bad weather,sending your way! But I ask, where is our rain folks? Coastal cities just hogged it, I guess!

Really enjoyed the Oscars tonight, with my DD being away at school, I missed out on most of the nominated films! I loved the dresses this year, very glamorous and elegant! Ellen did a great job, I swear she gets more beautiful as she grows older! In fact many of the actresses looked much, much younger, especially Bette Midler, Sally Fields and Goldie Hawn to name but a few! I want what they are having! Must have great plastic surgeons!
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:05 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
We dodged the big snow fall, but it is very cold. It's 18*F with a wind chill of 4*F, but glad for no snow.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:21 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
No school for Littlest today, as the roads are too icy. We will cozy at home, watching movies, knitting, and reading. Also, I am painting the basket I wove from rolled newspapers. It looks pretty good! Next I am going to do a small one to fit in the oval space in our car that we like to cram trash into. Everything looks better if it is contained in a basket, right?
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:23 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
So happy we dodged the snow bullet. It's cold, but that's better than snow, sleet and ice. Everyone stay warm & dry today!
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:16 AM   #55

Feeling full of energy today, I think I can feel the Spring.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

I was hoping for a snow day, so i'm super cranky today
Old 03-03-2014, 06:24 AM   #57

Sorry Katie. I'll send you some of my joie de vivre.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
I was hoping for a snow day, so i'm super cranky today
Katie, we got your snow and ice over here. You can come and get it!
It's not too bad, but we are stuck at home, where I find it hard to DD, unless I can get out and do stuff.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Sorry Katie. I'll send you some of my joie de vivre.
Thank you! I guess this is also a sign that I should start using some vacay time for "me time"
Old 03-03-2014, 08:23 AM   #60

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
No school for Littlest today, as the roads are too icy. We will cozy at home, watching movies, knitting, and reading. Also, I am painting the basket I wove from rolled newspapers. It looks pretty good! Next I am going to do a small one to fit in the oval space in our car that we like to cram trash into. Everything looks better if it is contained in a basket, right?
I'm always impressed by all of your projects, S! You must just never slow down!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote