Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #541
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Gosh, you and Yam Yam are having your birthday dinner together? How nice! Do you live near each other?

I have had nothing to eat yet and it's going on 4 pm on a UD. I feel weak lol. I might count this as a MD because I need to get my rotations moved around again anyway. Most likely I will exceed 1200 calories though. I have steaks and baked potatoes for dinner, along with cheesecake and wine. On second thought, I still will probably shoot for Monday being a MD...one way or the other, Tuesday will also be a UD.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2014, 02:38 PM   #542
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Soren, we bought a whole new suite of living room furniture a couple of weeks ago, and it just came in, so delivery will be Wednesday. We got a sectional w/2 recliners (in the sectional--not separate), 2 end tables, a coffee table, two lamps, a throw, some accessories, and an area rug. We are not decorators AT ALL, so opted for the showroom design.

I haven't really started cleaning yet and may wait until tomorrow. I went swim suit shopping instead. Ugh. I tried on at least 20 suits, and some of them more than once, for comparison sake. I found one that makes me feel comfortable and not exposed (tankini with swim shorts), so I'm calling it a success. Keira also got a tankini. An adult size small! She's so long that all the girls' suits just didn't offer the length she needs. Oh my lawd. At least we found one sort of youngish looking, teal with neon green polka dots. It's cuter than it sounds!

We are back from Keira's softball pictures. Here's one I took. I have no idea when the professional photos will come in, and I forgot to ask.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keira softball.jpg (34.9 KB, 15 views)

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #543
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
That is a great photo Dawn.
Very brave with the swimsuit shopping. I haven't bought any since being at goal, but the 4 I had from before the gain fit well enough.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Library gal,

No, unfortunately Yam Yam and I do not live near each other. There is a whole ocean between us, but they have visited here and we have gotten together near where she used to live. I'm hoping our paths can cross this summer at some point.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Sounds like a fun plan SeaB

K is adorable in her picture. You and dh are both tall, so hopefully she'll get some of that height too!

I know what you mean about decorating- my house is still a lot of inherited stuff... The new sectional is the first new thing (of my own choosing- mom paid for a new guest mattress at Xmas) in like 10+ years.
Whatever- we're comfortable and functional and I'd rather spend my $ on travel than worrying about what someone else thinks of my house, ya know? Happy we did the kitchen, and I hope I'm good for at least 10 more years... But I feel new windows are in my (near) future. Sigh. These are over 20yrs old.

Niece is here with her friend, on the way to a spring break in Cuba.

Niece is ok- makes some conversation, spends a bunch of time texting.

Friend, who we've not met before- dumber than a bag of hair.

So disappointing- our other niece (this one's older sister) used to come with a super fun girl, so I guess our expectations are high.

She's also a picky eater, smokes, is missing a tooth (but was in school to be a dental hygienist... Got tossed for not attending)... Wants to be a "stewardess" but doesn't have any plans on how to do that, or any ideas about what is required.

Sigh.

Oh, and I thought they were leaving Monday, but it's Tuesday. 7am flight, which means dh needs to get them to the airport for 5am.
Which they didn't know...

I'd think at this age (19, 20) they'd be more, um, together?

Anyway- going to wine country tomorrow, with a stop for new maple syrup from the place we went last year, lunch at a Parisian bistro for "mussels madness" and a winery or 2 or 3.
Pizza planned for dinner.

Everyone likes pizza, right?

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:47 AM   #546
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
DH had to work last night, so Keira and I had pizza. I had 3 pieces. I think it's safe to say almost everyone likes pizza! (My father has a very real milk "allergy" - not lactose intolerance or sensitivity - he's allergic. When I was a kid, we'd get pizza with no cheese. It's definitely NOT good!)
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:07 AM   #547
Big Yapper!!!!

We are getting ready to leave AC and head home soon. A nice relaxing break. I ate some rich dinners so expect the bounce to be significant. The food was yummy, but my stomach didn't appreciate it and today my hands are so swollen I had to get my rings off quickly and can hardly bend my fingers
Old 03-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #548
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
"Gosh, you and Yam Yam are having your birthday dinner together? How nice! Do you live near each other?"

Cindy: I so wish I lived in Hawaii right next door to Seabreezes!!

As SB explained, we have gotten together a couple of times. Turns out she and her DH have a home near where my DH and I have a home in northern California. That's where we first met and had lunch together in a cute little old west town near by.

AND DH and I have a time share on the same beach where Seabreezes and her DH have their full time home in Hawaii! Woo-Hoo! So, when we go to our time share, we meet up with our favorite Aloha couple at a restaurant which, coincidentally, was our favorite and their favorite long before we ever met!

We even have the same "favorite table" on the balcony over looking the ocean and I'm always asking Seabreezes to have a Mai-Tai for me there. So fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
I have heard about the butter on the paws, too. It sounds as if Sheena is doing OK if she is checking everything out. Give her a good petting for me. I'll enjoy the cats cyberlly!

Yam Yam, there is nothing worse than not having internet! Nothing! Glad you are back in the realm!

The next 3 days are eating days and that will just have to be. It will end with dinner at Yam Yam's and my favorite restaurant. I'll have a Mai Tai for you! After all the eating I'll be a year older Monday ( and a pound or two heavier!) but Tuesday will start the rotations and I'll be fine. Thank you JUDDD for making it possible to enjoy celebrations and not gain permanent weight

Have a great weekend everyone...

Sounds wonderful, my friend!! Monday is an UD for me and there is already champagne in my plans, so when we pop the cork and raise a glass we will be thinking of you! Happy birthday in advance, my Dear One!

I can just picture you and your DH at "our" table, watching the sunset over the ocean and enjoying the best Mai-Tais ever!

Wish I was there already!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:15 AM   #549
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
We are getting ready to leave AC and head home soon. A nice relaxing break. I ate some rich dinners so expect the bounce to be significant. The food was yummy, but my stomach didn't appreciate it and today my hands are so swollen I had to get my rings off quickly and can hardly bend my fingers
So glad you had a lovely time! Don't worry. Whatever you gained will come off quickly with a couple of great DDs.

If your lemon isn't good, put two tablespoons of ACV in 16 ounces of ice water and drink all of it. You will be amazed at how fast you de-bloat!

Then follow that up with hot green tea. I usually put two green tea bags in one 8 ounce cup of boiling water and let it steep for 5 minutes.

It will give you a big burst of energy and it will also suck all that water out of your body tissues. (Stay close to the little girl's room!)
Old 03-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #550
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrie jayne
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
He was on the phone with a client- said I have to go, and hung up. He took her to the vet
What a great Dad! I know he must have loved you, and I guess he cared for Cindy, too!
carrie jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #551
Big Yapper!!!!

We're home. I'm unpacked and made a big pitcher of lemon water with a splash of ACV. My fingers and wrists are so puffy. I even had to take my watch off.

Tomorrow I have to go way downtown for a meeting so I hope this whoosh takes place before I have to travel by Metro North and subway.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Do you think it’s the food, or does travel do it too? I seem to hang on to a couple of pounds for a while after travelling even when I don’t think I’ve had much more or different food from the usual.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #553
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Do you think it’s the food, or does travel do it too? I seem to hang on to a couple of pounds for a while after travelling even when I don’t think I’ve had much more or different food from the usual.
Airplane travel always does. We haven't had a car travel vacation in over a year so it may. Usually our vacations involve flying and I attributed the water weight to that, but maybe it's just the disruption in schedule.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:45 PM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don’t usually do very long car journeys, but it’s happened when I’ve been to France by train.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #555
Big Yapper!!!!

This is a 3 hour car drive- so not terribly long, but much longer than I ride in a car typically.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:49 PM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope it clears soon anyway. That puffy feeling is horrid!
Old 03-30-2014, 12:54 PM   #557
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you! Yes, not good feeling.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:17 PM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Hope you get to feeling better soon. It almost sounds as if you had an allergic relation to something you ate.

Thanks for the nice post, YamYam. We'll get together again one of these bright days!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #559
Big Yapper!!!!

I think it may have been an allergic reaction too. The swelling has gone down considerably. I get random allergic reactions to food a few times per year, but can never figure out the source.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
This morning I took my granddaughter to Bob Evans for breakfast then we went shopping. I had a 1200 cal breakfast! I didn't even know it until I looked up what I ate. So for dinner I ate a scrambled egg and a little Mac and cheese with pork tenderloin.

I'm ready for a DD tomorrow.
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:06 PM   #561
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
"Gosh, you and Yam Yam are having your birthday dinner together? How nice! Do you live near each other?"

Cindy: I so wish I lived in Hawaii right next door to Seabreezes!!

As SB explained, we have gotten together a couple of times. Turns out she and her DH have a home near where my DH and I have a home in northern California. That's where we first met and had lunch together in a cute little old west town near by.

AND DH and I have a time share on the same beach where Seabreezes and her DH have their full time home in Hawaii! Woo-Hoo! So, when we go to our time share, we meet up with our favorite Aloha couple at a restaurant which, coincidentally, was our favorite and their favorite long before we ever met!

We even have the same "favorite table" on the balcony over looking the ocean and I'm always asking Seabreezes to have a Mai-Tai for me there. So fun!!

Sounds wonderful, my friend!! Monday is an UD for me and there is already champagne in my plans, so when we pop the cork and raise a glass we will be thinking of you! Happy birthday in advance, my Dear One!

I can just picture you and your DH at "our" table, watching the sunset over the ocean and enjoying the best Mai-Tais ever!

Wish I was there already!

I only read to "Dinner at Yam Yams"
Old 03-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #562
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yennie. Wow. People never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

Yam, no fun being w/o internet! Glad you're back online!

Dawn, love the picture of Keira. She's so cute. I'm glad you found a good swimsuit for you both. I haven't had one in years, and I don't know when I'll buy one. I seem to be pretty good at avoiding situations where I might need one!

Soren, niece and friend sound........interesting. I agree with you, at 19 and 20, it seems as though they should have it more together. Young people today! What is the world coming to? Yep....I'm gettin' old!

Carly, I'm glad you had a nice time away from the real world. Hope your bloat is gone real soon - that's a horrible feeling.

Tammy, it sounds like a WONDERFUL breakfast! Yum!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:39 PM   #563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
She ordered cheese and bacon. That's it.
Sigh.

Today was a world of negativity. I can't even talk about it.

I wound up buying way too much wine to compensate, I think. So, at least that came out if it. And I made friends with the owners at one of the vineyards, the wife recognized my name from liking her posts and pics on FB .

She thought I might be a guy, bc my name is usually a boys name... I get that sometimes.
Anyway, we tried to enjoy ourselves, despite the little grey cloud. 24 more hours. I think I can...

Did I mention their return flight gets in around midnight next Tuesday?
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #564
Blabbermouth!!!

I just read this good quote:

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace."

Gonna try to remember that!
Old 03-30-2014, 05:49 PM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

It might be easier to give them cab fare!
Old 03-31-2014, 04:44 AM   #566
Big Yapper!!!!

Soren, I hope you can hold out...and I'm sorry you're having to deal with unappreciative house guests. I hope you meant tomorrow, and not next Tuesday.

Well, I'm on track to have a UD tomorrow as planned. I did 2 UDs instead of a MD, but hopefully none the worse for wear. I am also planning to take tomorrow off work, so there's that to look forward to.

Hope everyone is having a nice day so far.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:57 AM   #567
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Good Monday morning, JBs!

I'm sitting here at my computer (I work from home) with my smoke detector chirping loudly at me every minute or so. I have one at the peak of my living room, which has vaulted ceilings and whenever I've needed the battery replaced before I had a BF or brother or once a handyman happened to be working next door and he came and did it. I have a tall enough ladder, but I'm too scared to go up it that far. I tried this morning, and was just too scared.

I don't want to have to call a handyman and pay him $30 to $50 just to do that, and I don't really have anything else I need to have done desperately. I've called and left a message at the Fire Department non-emergency line to see if they have any service like that (wouldn't mind if a whole truck full of those guys showed up! ), but I haven't heard back yet. Anyone have any ideas? It's obviously not an emergency, but it's getting annoying.

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get my butt up that ladder! I know part of my fear comes from having been so overweight for so long.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:04 AM   #568
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, Carol! Don't go up the ladder! We have very high vaulted ceilings in our living room and our bedroom at our other house where we lived for 7 years. Once our son was visiting when it happened in the bedroom and he changed it.

Other than that it's DH and me. I hold the ladder. He actually has to put the ladder on top of a table. I always beg him not to do it! It scares the daylights out of me to see him up there.

He's the one who gets on the ladder to clean the two ceiling fans and light fixtures in that living room too.

Good idea to call the Fire Dep't. I hope that works.

Call your local hardware store as well. Sometimes they have young stock clerks who wouldn't mind making a few bucks.

When you buy your batteries, look on the battery itself for the expiration date. Buy one that is the farthest out so they will last really long.

I wouldn't be able to stay in the house with that chirping! It's awful!!!

Let us know what happens. I'll stay here and

P.S. Don't go up that ladder!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:07 AM   #569
Blabbermouth!!!

I have a friend in her 70's who climbed a ladder in her entry way which has a vaulted ceiling. She said the chandelier was dusty and had cobwebs and she wanted to clean it. She fell off the ladder and broke her leg.

Do not go up the ladder!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:05 AM   #570
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Carol, may I also suggest moving the smoke detector to a lower part of the ceiling?
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote