Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #481
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Tomorrow!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Talking about Cali has me thinking about getting another kitten. My wife won't be happy if I mention that.

I was looking at shelters nearby and found this:

Petfinder Adoptable | Cat | Torbie | Priest River, ID | Minnie

Could be Cali's long lost sister from the description.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #483

Yes!
Old 03-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #484
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi everyone!!!!
I'm officially on vacation. YAY!

We had a surprise audit yesterday, but we had the exit interview at 3pm today and I think we did well. I don't know if we'll get a 3 year license, but I'll bet we get no less than 2 years nine months.

I'm not packed, but that will have to happen in the morning.

I love all the cat talk. All our "mutts" are smart, but our purebred Persian can be a bit challenged at times- other times he seems like he may not be so "slow".

Soren- congrats on the job and the lost pound.

Cindy- say hi to Vicky.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #485
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Mini sounds lovely, Frosty.

Carly, enjoy your vacay!!!

Speaking of my killer cats, they apparently brought in a bird today. Feathers everywhere!! Thankfully, bf had gotten rid of the carcass, but somehow saw no need to clean up the aftermath.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #486
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Mini sounds lovely, Frosty.

Carly, enjoy your vacay!!!

Speaking of my killer cats, they apparently brought in a bird today. Feathers everywhere!! Thankfully, bf had gotten rid of the carcass, but somehow saw no need to clean up the aftermath.
Move into an apartment building. The cats can't go out and bring you back dead things.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #487
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Congrats in the new position Soren and Yay to the lost pound.

Have fun in AC Carly. Hope you both have a great time. Drive safe!
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I ended up with 2 cats when they were 3 days old. Some woman in Idaho was sick of her barn cat having kittens and told us if we didn't take the litter (5) she'd throw them in the horse trough. We were like - um, lady. You are aware that drowning the kittens won't stop their mom from getting pregnant again, right?
Anyway, I fostered 2 of them "temporarily" and 14 years later, I still have the fat, lazy one. His brother was the hunter extraordinaire and even, once, brought a garter snake in the house and put it on my bed. Luckily I found them (he was still there watching it) during the day. I don't mind snakes (used to have one as a pet) but I may object to inadvertently sharing my bed with one.
I packed those cats half way across the country and back, finally landing on a farm where the orange one could hunt to his heart's content. Well, I think something finally hunted him as he's been gone now about a year. Sad, but the risk of outdoor kitties and he went happy, that's for sure.
Now his brother just sits around, eats, and gets fatter by the day. But its okay, I still kinda like him.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:46 PM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Call me Queen of Tests: They offer resting metabolic rate testing from my medical plan (for a fee), and I'm going in a couple weeks! I don't know exactly how it works, but it determines my calories used at rest by measuring how much oxygen I'm using and how much carbon dioxide I'm producing (I'll breathe into something for several minutes). I have been so confused about my calorie level I was to find out this was offered!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #490

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I put this on the UD thread then realized it's more of a chatty item, so I'll put it here too.

Keira has a Dr. Seuss party tomorrow and needs to bring a Dr. Seuss inspired snack. I was thinking egg salad with green food coloring for Green Eggs and Ham, but decided that's 1) too much work, and 2) too hard to transport/keep fresh. So I'm going to use a big Tootsie Roll bin (sort of fishbowl shaped) and fill it with multi-colored gold fish crackers for One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. I'll get her a small aquarium net to serve with. Am I lazy or what?!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Call me Queen of Tests: They offer resting metabolic rate testing from my medical plan (for a fee), and I'm going in a couple weeks! I don't know exactly how it works, but it determines my calories used at rest by measuring how much oxygen I'm using and how much carbon dioxide I'm producing (I'll breathe into something for several minutes). I have been so confused about my calorie level I was to find out this was offered!
Very cool!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Dawn, I would say you are practical and the kids will probably be more excited about that than green eggs!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #493
Big Yapper!!!!

That sounds really neat, Dawn. I bet the kids will love it!

Chris, we all benefit from your love of tests. I'll be interested to hear your results!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #494
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I love the fish net scooper idea. But I also love the green eggs. I am a big fan of devilled eggs any which way. And topped with ham! What could be better? I've seen bags of red goldfish. Do they have blue ones, also?
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #495

They have multi-colored packs with several different colors. I think that's what I'll get. I think they'll look cute in the bowl.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #496
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
Talking about Cali has me thinking about getting another kitten. My wife won't be happy if I mention that.

I was looking at shelters nearby and found this:

Petfinder Adoptable | Cat | Torbie | Priest River, ID | Minnie

Could be Cali's long lost sister from the description.
Minnie is so cute! Hope you get her. Just remind Mrs. Frosty that if cats are your worst "guy habit", she's way ahead of the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Hi everyone!!!!
I'm officially on vacation. YAY!

We had a surprise audit yesterday, but we had the exit interview at 3pm today and I think we did well. I don't know if we'll get a 3 year license, but I'll bet we get no less than 2 years nine months.

I'm not packed, but that will have to happen in the morning.

I love all the cat talk. All our "mutts" are smart, but our purebred Persian can be a bit challenged at times- other times he seems like he may not be so "slow".

Soren- congrats on the job and the lost pound.

Cindy- say hi to Vicky.
Happy Vaycay, Carly! Have an amazing time, and relax to your hearts' content!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Oh, I'm going to be interested to hear all about this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I put this on the UD thread then realized it's more of a chatty item, so I'll put it here too.

Keira has a Dr. Seuss party tomorrow and needs to bring a Dr. Seuss inspired snack. I was thinking egg salad with green food coloring for Green Eggs and Ham, but decided that's 1) too much work, and 2) too hard to transport/keep fresh. So I'm going to use a big Tootsie Roll bin (sort of fishbowl shaped) and fill it with multi-colored gold fish crackers for One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. I'll get her a small aquarium net to serve with. Am I lazy or what?!
No, you are SMART! It sounds great, and we all know kids love goldfish crackers!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #497

I love Seuss in all forms. Brilliant Mom Dawn.

Keep testing Chris, we all benefit from your testing.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
That's a cute idea with the fish crackers. My 2 1/2 yo granddaughter loves those! I always buy them for her.

I went to my parents house so my dd could cut their hair and my mom made spaghetti on my DD! Since I hadn't eaten anything but a banana this morning I ate a small helping with a slice of Italian bread. Looks like my weight will be ok in the morning by what I weigh tonight. I'll know for sure when I wake up. I have to be sure to get enough sleep though.

I have to be sure to buy some vitamins soon. I'm out and keep forgetting to pick them up. I've been so tired.

"See" ya'all in the morning! Good night!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #499
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

I think that's a great idea!

We have had a lovely first day of vacation. It is freezing and windy, but it is just nice to be away. I only checked my work e-mail twice- and very briefly at that!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #500
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Minnie is so cute! Hope you get her. Just remind Mrs. Frosty that if cats are your worst "guy habit", she's way ahead of the game!

My wife and son headed out of town today for a robotics competition. Since I didn't have anything to do this afternoon, I decided to go over and check out Minnie.

I emailed the rescue and they said they still had her. The rescue is in a town an hour and a half away, over the mountains. It rained and snowed all day and the pass was slush for about 10 miles. I have AWD but had taken my snow tires off so it was slow going.

Anyway, I got there and went in and asked to see Minnie. The lady there looked puzzled and said that she had already been adopted.

Well, I looked around to see if they had any other torbies. They didn't so I figured I was safe. However, there was a really friendly tuxedo kitten that wanted to play so I was playing with him a little. Right across from him was an orange tabby that was also super friendly so I was kind of playing with both. I really liked the tuxedo kitty but was worried about having another male, since we already had one. Our current male is fixed but has developed a habit of occasionally peeing on the dog bed and one spot on the carpet (our dog is really old and "leaks". Pepsi thinks he needs to mark those spots too. )

Anyway, the orange tabby was a female. She was a stray but came in already spayed so she may have been an abandoned pet. She is extremely friendly. The rescue allows returns within 30 days of adoption if the pet doesn't work out so I figure I'm not too dead if DW doesn't approve.

The cat meowed the entire hour and half home. Fortunately, she didn't poop in the carrier like our female does (every. single. time.). We have a laundry room that has the cat food and litter box in it and she's currently in there. My other cats are taking turns hissing and growling at her through the door. I took Pepsi in to see what he thought and he wanted to be friendly but she was scared of him so I didn't push it. Our female, Cola, is not pleased.

I don't have a good picture. She is a very tiny cat with a very long tail. She's pretty skinny right now but incredibly soft. I've never felt a cat that soft before.

That shadow under the door is Cola hissing at her.

The rescue had named her Yoko. I'm not that excited about that name but will hold off renaming her until DW and DS2 come home. We used to have an orange tabby (the gopher hunter). His name was Ogre. That worked for him but wouldn't for Yoko.

Here's Cola and Pepsi in happier times (two days ago):

Old 03-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Frosty: I'm dying of the cuteness!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I LOVE ORANGE CATS!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I yelled. Because I love orange cats. I don't even like cats and I love orange cats. I especially love dark orange female tabbys because they always seem to be male so I think they're special and rare.
Our orange guy, the hunter, was named "Monster". And he was a Monster! His brother, the still with us, fat, gray tabby is named "Pinhead". My ex-boyfriend named him. Ditched the guy, still have the cat.
Way to go on the proper intro of the cats, BTW. Sadly some people aren't smart enough to do that and then I get to see them weeks to months later when 1) they've torn each other to bits or 2) someone is pottying ALL OVER the house...
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:12 PM   #503
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Way to go on the proper intro of the cats, BTW. Sadly some people aren't smart enough to do that and then I get to see them weeks to months later when 1) they've torn each other to bits or 2) someone is pottying ALL OVER the house...
When the big kitties go out for the night, I'll let her out so she can explore and get used to their smell (and get her own all over).

It was easier when we got Cali. She was a tiny kitten and the big kitties didn't seem threatened. An adult is a different matter, though.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #504
Big Yapper!!!!

Here is the Persian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (55.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 03-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #505
Senior LCF Member

DS1 just recommended the name "Peaches". That's actually not too bad, especially since we live next to a peach orchard. It might sound weird to call her when she starts go outside, though.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #506
Big Yapper!!!!

Here is Simba sitting on top of Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (31.8 KB, 17 views)
Old 03-28-2014, 04:23 AM   #507
Big Yapper!!!!

Love your new adoptee, Frosty! She is beautiful. I never thought I'd be a cat person, as I really have always preferred dogs, but I have three now and they are precious.

Carly, your babies are beauties.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:12 AM   #508
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
DS1 just recommended the name "Peaches". That's actually not too bad, especially since we live next to a peach orchard. It might sound weird to call her when she starts go outside, though.
Afraid it will sound like you are magically beckoning peaches? Does that work for steaks, too?
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:52 AM   #509
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Afraid it will sound like you are magically beckoning peaches? Does that work for steaks, too?
No, more like hawking peaches. "Peaches! Get yer peaches here"!

I'm trying Sheena on for size now, anyway.

For a glimpse on how my brain works (or doesn't), I arrived at that this way:

Common name for orange cats: Pumpkin

Made cuter: Punkin

Shorten to punk

Change to punk rocker

Oh! The Ramones! "Sheena Was A Punk Rocker"

Then, of course, there is the comic "Sheena, Queen of the Jungle".
Old 03-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrie jayne
Start Date: January 2014
I've enjoyed catching up on the last couple of days. I love cats, too. We had them for more than 40 years. My DD, DS, and Son-In-Law are all allergic to them and we're also past the age where we can take good care of them, so we've been without for a couple of years. But, oh, how I miss having them around.

We've had one super smart cat, one pretty dumb, one who bit anyone that petted her, one that was afraid of everything, one super loving, two rescues, and the rest - well, as long as we did our job, they allowed us to live with them.

And we've also had one dog, and a $600 guinea pig. That includes the cage, a hanging water bottle, a kiddie swimming pool (we had it in the living room for "Piggy" to run around in for exercise), and which our smart cat deflated multiple times with one claw stuck out, and $575 worth of vet bills before we figured out the typical life span of guinea pigs.

Last edited by carrie jayne; 03-28-2014 at 10:48 AM..
carrie jayne is offline   Reply With Quote