Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 03:24 AM   #451
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Yam, hope you have fun!

I have a super busy day at work today, but I'm off Thursday and Friday.
Thursday morning we are driving down to Atlantic City to stay at our timeshare till Sunday.

Yay!!!! Time to relax and be away. I'll play some penny slots, but I'm more excited about relaxing.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 03:54 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Morning to everyone! Life has been so hectic lately. Work, school, and trying to maintain some semblance of a personal life.

The dreaded bridal shower is on Saturday and the last few weeks have been absolute torture. People have yet to RSVP and refuse to acknowledge calls/texts/emails and/or FB messages. What is that?!? At this point I'm not even speaking to Bridezilla yet I have to leave work early on Friday to pick up the bridesmaid dress. Oh and the dress shop is two hours away. Grrr.

Miss you all.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:03 AM   #453
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Good thing I didn't eat anything before we left!

We arrived at our lovely hotel about 6:15pm and since we have access to the "vip club" room where they serve lovely light food and wine, we had some.

Thankfully I'm used to not being hungry on DDs and today was the same.

I had 3 ounces of roasted chicken breast, romaine lettuce with artichoke hearts and two teaspoons of dressing, and 1 glass of white wine. Then just sparkling water in a wine glass with lime slices. We had such a great time.

I entered everything into my calorie counter app and ended up with 417 calories for the entire day. Not as low as I'm used to in recent weeks, but not bad either as my calculator number is 400 for DDs.

Tomorrow's UD is going to be gorgeous. The weather is sunny and yummy. I'm having lunch with friends and might take a swim in the pool. Then we have dinner plans in Old Sacramento with friends. (Gonna wear my new charcoal gray pants again. )

We have a comfy room at the Hyatt Regency with a great view. I'm a happy girl.
Is the Hyatt the hotel right across from the train station? I can't remember, but that's where we usually stay in Old Town and it's quite nice. One of our favorite weekend getaways is to take the train to Old Sac, spend the night, and just wander around. Keira loves the train museum and Joe's Crab Shack. Have fun!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
We were sitting in the living room on Friday watching movies. My cat jumped into my lap with all claws out and somehow hooked a claw under about halfway down the side of the fingernail of my left pinkie. When I instinctively pulled my hand back, the claw sliced under the fingernail and out the end. Hurt like crazy.

It's been swollen and mad (though no longer goopy) ever since. It is absolutely amazing how often I bang my pinkie on things. I'm right handed so you would think my left hand would be more protected.

Dumb cat.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #455
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
OUCH! That sounds really painful, Frosty! Cats are lethal weapons!

Lisa, you've been missed around here. Sounds like you're incredibly busy. I'm glad you popped in to say !

Carly, only one more day and you get to play! Have fun - you deserve it!

Yam, sounds like a great getaway! And you were so good on your calories.

Kissa and Slow, sounds like some good London days. Sounds lovely!

I went with Mom for her one and a half year post lumpectomy visit today. She's gotten the all-clear again this round and is doing so well they are recommending a much reduced follow-up visit schedule.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
OUCH! That sounds really painful, Frosty! Cats are lethal weapons!
Yep - especially dumb cats.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:08 AM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
"There's nothing as sad as an outdoor cat that thinks he's an indoor cat."

Walking Dead reference. Couldn't resist.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:15 AM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
It always struck me as rather odd... It's kinda known that mutts tend to be the smarter animals. And most cats are rescues off the street rather than purebreds (read: inbred). So if most cats are mutts, why are so many of them stupid?
That said.. My stupid cat was very affectionate this morning, bless him. DH was almost jealous!
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:57 AM   #459

I've only had one "pure-bred" dog and she was dumb as a box of rocks. All my mutts have been smart and quirky and had definite personalities. It really does make you think.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:00 AM   #460
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
All of my cats are geniuses.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:57 AM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
All of my cats are geniuses.
Shouldn't that be, 'evil geniuses'?
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:05 AM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
It always struck me as rather odd... It's kinda known that mutts tend to be the smarter animals. And most cats are rescues off the street rather than purebreds (read: inbred). So if most cats are mutts, why are so many of them stupid?
That said.. My stupid cat was very affectionate this morning, bless him. DH was almost jealous!
We have a purebred Aussie and she is really smart (though, at 16, I think she now has a version of dog Alzheimer's).

Our current cats are brother and sister and are pretty dumb. That said, Pepsi - the male - is one of my favorite cats ever despite drooling on me, sometimes trying to bite my nose (out of love), scratching at every closed door/cabinet, peeing on the carpet occasionally...

Have I mentioned that our cats are dumb?

That said, the little kitty we lost in September was one of the smartest cats I've ever been around. She was definitely of the "evil genius" ilk. I'm still sad that she died so young. She would have been a great cat.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #463
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm loving this conversation about pets!

I've had 2 dogs in my life. The first was a mutt (schnoodle = schnauzer and poodle). She was a neighborhood "accident" and we got her for free, when I was 6 yo and she was a very smart girl. She was a little social butterfly and thought every visitor was there to see HER. But she liked her alone time too, and was very authoritative. My brother and I felt as though she was our older sister, as she bossed us around (all 15 pounds of her).

My second dog was a purebred Shetland Sheepdog. She was show quality, and the breeder was looking to her to be her next champion, but she got too big and so she let her go (thank goodness for me!). Brilliant is what I'd call her. She watched me like a hawk and knew what I was going to do before I did. But she was so shy with people, and slow to warm up to most people. Which was a bummer because literally everyone who saw her cried "Oh, it's Lassie!" and wanted to love on her.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
All my dogs, purebred or not, have been clever. However, one was truly brilliant and he was a purebred Bouvier des Flandres (my breed). At the same time, they have all had their "unreasonable" quirks or fears. My high IQ dog was afraid of the tv tray stand. Whenever we went to grab a tray, he'd leave the room.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:47 AM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
Quote:

My second dog was a purebred Shetland Sheepdog. She was show quality, and the breeder was looking to her to be her next champion, but she got too big and so she let her go (thank goodness for me!). Brilliant is what I'd call her. She watched me like a hawk and knew what I was going to do before I did. But she was so shy with people, and slow to warm up to most people. Which was a bummer because literally everyone who saw her cried "Oh, it's Lassie!" and wanted to love on her.
I grew up with a shelty! Sable was called a "throw back," because she had some sort of recessive gene that made her bigger than most. She was an awesome dog. I still think of her.
About 3 years after Sable passed, my Dad got another shelty, Mischa. This dog is spoiled rotten, kinda a pain in the ass, but still cute and sweet.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:49 AM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm loving this conversation about pets!

My current dog is like that. Timid but so visually adorable it's hard to keep kids away from him. Yet he growls and makes to nip them if they venture too close. He is super intuitive, and I think that must be a coping mechanism for fearful dogs.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
That said, the little kitty we lost in September was one of the smartest cats I've ever been around. She was definitely of the "evil genius" ilk. I'm still sad that she died so young. She would have been a great cat.
I'm sorry about your little cat, Frosty. Evil genius describes me as a child. Well, not a genius about anything except being bad. But good at that.

I'm allergic so can't have indoor cats, which made me really sad until our neighborhood "acquired" some feral ones. I feed whichever one has my yard as her territory. It's usually a pregnant or nursing one. I think the cat/hobo sign for "soft touch for mothers" is hung out somewhere on our fenceline. HOA says we can't do this, but no way I'm stopping. We used to have moles till the cats came. Also, many yards have rats in their ivy and the huge thickets of azalea we have here. Not us.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLiza View Post
I'm sorry about your little cat, Frosty.
Thanks. Cali was awesome.

She's on the left. The one on the right is the one that split my finger tip last Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLiza View Post
We used to have moles till the cats came. Also, many yards have rats in their ivy and the huge thickets of azalea we have here. Not us.
Our property is surrounded on two sides by a peach orchard. We have a real problem with pocket gophers burrowing from the orchard into our yard. The male cat we had before our current pair was an amazing hunter. He de-gophered our yard, the neighbor's yard and probably the entire orchard behind us. In the summer, we would have at least one - and frequently two - half eaten gophers on our porch in the mornings.

Unfortunately, our current cats are too dumb to catch anything. We did have a dead mouse on our porch one morning but I think it probably died laughing and one of the cats just put it there for us to take care of.

Cali was showing promise as a serious hunter even though she was barely bigger than the gophers.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:01 PM   #469

When we lived in the country, our last cat, Picasso a.k.a. Piggy, would bring us all types of "trophies." Sometimes they were bigger than he was. He brought us jack rabbits, opossum, gophers, lizards, field mice, rats, and just about anything else you can imagine. He would bring them up onto the front porch, eat their insides, and arrange them as if they were whole, just missing their middles. It was creepy and fantastic at the same time.

He developed the feline version of AIDS and we were told he wouldn't last through the winter that he was diagnosed. He stopped hunting around that time, and ended up living another 7 or 8 years.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:04 PM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
We had a cat named Cali, too. She lived to a ripe old age, fortunately.

Make sure you get your finger checked if there are any signs of infection. We had a friend almost die due to an infection received from a cat scratch. No fun.....
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #471
Big Yapper!!!!

My cats are hunters too. The female regularly kills mice and rats found in the woods behind our house. Unfortunately she sometimes brings them in through the pet door, not quite dead. They (all) also enjoy hunting birds and also like to bring their kill inside.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
When we lived in the country, our last cat, Picasso a.k.a. Piggy, would bring us all types of "trophies." Sometimes they were bigger than he was. He brought us jack rabbits, opossum, gophers, lizards, field mice, rats, and just about anything else you can imagine. He would bring them up onto the front porch, eat their insides, and arrange them as if they were whole, just missing their middles. It was creepy and fantastic at the same time.
When we had the gopher hunter, we also had his sister (they were both kittens of my parents' cat). She was a good hunter too. One day, she brought home this chicken looking bird that was almost as big as she was. I didn't know what it was and thought maybe she got someone's guinea hen or something. We finally figured out that it was a young wild turkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
He developed the feline version of AIDS and we were told he wouldn't last through the winter that he was diagnosed. He stopped hunting around that time, and ended up living another 7 or 8 years.
Cali died from a congenital heart defect. Out of the blue, she started having trouble breathing. They found fluid around her lungs (there is no good diagnosis when this happens) and drained it. They tried to treat it but I came home to find her dead on the floor about a month later.

She had a mohawk after they shaved her sides to drain the fluid.

She was never back to herself after they drained the fluid and mostly slept. The vet said there was really nothing you can do but wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Make sure you get your finger checked if there are any signs of infection. We had a friend almost die due to an infection received from a cat scratch. No fun.....
It's actually 100% better today and I've barely noticed it, even while typing. Griping about it seems to be a miracle cure.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I love the pictures, and it's also sad at the same time Sigh.

Glad your finger is getting better Frosty-- those little cuts and stuff are the ones that cause the most trouble oftentimes...

I just had the official conversation-- on July 1st, I get my next new job!

Same company (9yrs in April!) but a new position that they are opening up in my department. Very sales-y (selling training specifically) but also helping to scope the work, with a bit of a focus on new sales (vs. the existing education sales guy who originated the position, but he sort of focuses on existing customer sales).

I'm excited and freaking out at the same time.

I should go row. Oh, and I'm down a pound, yay!

tee hee!
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:27 PM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on the new job!

And the pound gone!
Old 03-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #475
Big Yapper!!!!

Beautiful cat pics, Frosty. I'm allergic and have to love them from afar, so this is perfect!

Soren, WTG! I hope you love this new position! Sounds like it will entail more travel? And yay for that pound!
Old 03-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Beautiful cat pics, Frosty. I'm allergic and have to love them from afar, so this is perfect!
Glad you like them. I like cats so like cat pictures. I will try to stop posting pictures of my dead cat, though.

Speaking of cats, I just ran across this on a comedy site, talking about clothes:

Quote:
Women's pants sizes, and clothing sizes in general, are meaningless, arbitrary numbers that come, as far as I can tell, from having kittens bat around a 20-sided die.

Thought it was appropriate considering some of the recent clothing rants.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #477
Big Yapper!!!!

Ah.....that explains a lot.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #478
Big Yapper!!!!

LCG, I'm glad to hear that your mom is in remission. That is awesome news!

Frosty, sorry to hear about Cali. Beautiful pics though.

Soren, congrats on your new position!! I hope the pay is good too! Also, last but not the LEAST--Congrats on the lb lost!!
Old 03-26-2014, 03:38 PM   #479

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Love the animal stories even the sad ones. I am totally devoted to my cats and my user name is the name of our mother cat. Sorry about your lovely Cali, Frosty, you know,what the say, the best die young.

Soren I a so thrilled about the pound..... and the new job, said you were ace lady!

Busy, busy with my lovely sister, went to a wonderful exhibition of Turner marine paintings at Greenwich today.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:39 PM   #480
Big Yapper!!!!

Have fun Kissa! And say hi to Vicki when she gets there!