Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Should be an interesting weekend for you and family, Dawn!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I have always wanted to go to a real haunted building. My dh watches all the ghost shows! I got alittle tired of watching them so I'm taking a break. Haha. Have fun and can't wait to hear all about it!
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:43 AM   #423
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Eyebrow/Liner Update

One week after, pretty much healed.

Just a quick update picture.

ETA: These pictures make me think botox is in my future!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eyes one week after.jpg (23.2 KB, 25 views)
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #424
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
One week after, pretty much healed.

Just a quick update picture.

ETA: These pictures make me think botox is in my future!
It looks really nice!
Have a fun time at the hotel.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:32 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Beautiful, Dawn!! Enjoy your weekend, sounds like fun! Creepy, but fun.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #426
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Just lovely, Dawn!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #427
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Dawn, your makeup looks really great! No botox!!! I hope your ghost excursion is fun.

Dottie, that is infuriating! My special favorite is when they don't just let it play, but turn it up, then turn it down, then turn it off, then turn it way up, then start the "song" over, then switch to another "song", then crank it so loud it rattles everything on the whole street. All within about a 2 minute timeframe. WTH??? I really don't understand that.

Tammy, I'm so sorry you have so much pain. I hope this new prescription does help you.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #428
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Dawn that sounds like fun And your makeup looks great!

Well the police shut the teenagers down that were playing the music. They were outside in their driveway, music was the car stereo, and they had the doors all open blasting it.
I heard them arguing with the police that the "noise laws" aren't until 11pm, but the police informed them that the "nuisance" law was 24/7 and their music was preventing others from being able to enjoy their own homes.
Of course they sat out there for 3 hours revving their engines after that.
Little turds.
I don't know who called the police, or if they were just patrolling and heard it.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #429
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Dawn, your makeup looks really great! No botox!!! I hope your ghost excursion is fun.

Dottie, that is infuriating! My special favorite is when they don't just let it play, but turn it up, then turn it down, then turn it off, then turn it way up, then start the "song" over, then switch to another "song", then crank it so loud it rattles everything on the whole street. All within about a 2 minute timeframe. WTH??? I really don't understand that.

Tammy, I'm so sorry you have so much pain. I hope this new prescription does help you.
Do you live in my building Carol???? Sounds like we have the same neighbor!!
We have called the police on her 3x this winter. She's in her 40's and ought to have outgrown this phase of her life.

You really can't blast music when you live in an apartment building
Old 03-22-2014, 03:07 PM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got some disturbing news today. My dd was talking to my son, who was deployed for seven months in Afghanistan, ad he's very depressed and in his own words, feels like crying all the time. He just wants to come home. He said he feels lonely. Well, we can't tell him my dd told us. That would ruin his trust in her. So we are going to see him the first weekend in April. We have to go and make sure he's ok. He told my dd he'll go get help Monday. Lord I hope he calls them! I'm beside myself. I'm so worried.

Now let me keep my eating in check! I just started JUDDD and I'm being challenged already!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 03-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #431
Big Yapper!!!!

Sending for your DS.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:23 PM   #432

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am sorry Tammy. We care so much for our children and are so helpless at times like this.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #433
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Tammy, I'm so sorry your DS is in pain and struggling. But I'm very glad he opened up to his sister. It's when they don't talk about it with anyone that it can get scary. If he told her that, it sounds like he wants to get help. I'm sending prayers.

Dottie, hopefully their engine revving session was just a little last middle finger to the neighborhood before they calm down. Hopefully that visit from the police will chasten them a bit. The good thing is that after a warning or two, they start issuing fines, so they can look forward to that.

Carly, I can't even imagine the blasting stereo in an apartment building. It's bad enough here in the 'burbs in our postage stamp sized lots. I wish someone would explain that whole turning it off and on thing to me. It certainly isn't about enjoying the music, because then they would listen to a whole song at a time. I don't want to think this about people, but is it really just about being as disruptive as possible, and do they really just want to offend other people?
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:48 PM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Dropping in quickly for a brief hello, then probably off to bed. Up at 4am for another run tomorrow then taking a break for a bit to focus on the horses instead.
I'm reading of the neighbor troubles and loving my lack of at the moment... I can blast my music as loud as I want and the only ones to object have 4 legs & no opinions (Ok, chickens have 2 legs but they really don't get an opinion!)
I'm sorry for everyone's struggles and although my fingers have been lax, I've been reading and you're all in my thoughts.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #435
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Carly, I can't even imagine the blasting stereo in an apartment building. It's bad enough here in the 'burbs in our postage stamp sized lots. I wish someone would explain that whole turning it off and on thing to me. It certainly isn't about enjoying the music, because then they would listen to a whole song at a time. I don't want to think this about people, but is it really just about being as disruptive as possible, and do they really just want to offend other people?
I call my apartment a "Cabbage Patch Apartment", but in reality it's a fairly good size for NY standards. The lady directly under us smokes a little something recreational so she goes nuts with the music during those times. The couple over us has crazy parties and tons of people wearing high heels trampling over our head at 11:30pm. The rule is 80% of your floor needs to be covered with carpet/ rug. We pulled ours up years ago, but we take our shoes off in the foyer for just that reason. The family to our right is constantly having "conflicts" and the mother locks the 24 year old son out who bangs on the door like a wild man for hours then sleeps in the hall all night. We almost have a stroke when we come out in the morning and he's sleeping in the door way. The man to our left is very quiet <I rarely see him, but I like it that way>
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 03-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #436
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
They were just finding the right tune to chill, LCG. Dottie, I'm glad the police came and took care of the situation.

Tammy, I hate to hear that DS is going through a rough time. I'm glad he reached out to your daughter, and that you will be there with him soon.

I've had a very lazy DD, but needed the rest. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLiza View Post
Now, it's hard to imagine a good reason NOT to rescue.
So true. We're not ready yet though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
When DH was there last year, he caught some strange things on camera, and had some "weird" feelings which correlated directly with times orbs were captured in pictures. He's not usually OCD, but has a thing about locking doors. He can't rest until he's made sure that all points of access are secure. When he arose in the morning, his door and windows were all unlocked.
I have to say, I'm open to the possibility. I once got a great orb in a picture of Aleeya tucked into her bed with a blankie. I looked them up, and there is a lot written about cameras with flashes close to the lens being the source.

Still-- that doesn't cause your car doors to unlock...

Did I mention the meringue cookies?

I got the idea, and I made them with xylitol (and bulk splenda and some nectresse). *Then* I looked them up, and the conventional wisdom is xylitol will cause them never to firm up.
Then I found a blog that says if you let them sit for TWO DAYS they will firm up.

who has that kind of time or patience?

So I'm trying a wee bit of sugar and some liquid splenda. We shall see tomorrow.

Not much else going on-- saw 2 movies (muppets, and divergent). Both good in my books
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:14 AM   #438

I am lucky, when my neighbours are noisy it is because we are all partying together. Tonight will be a cas in point, lol.

Dh and and I had such a great 'London' day yesterday. We played visitors and took the bus to The Kings Road, Chelsea, had a sandwich in a trendy cafe, caught a great matinee, purely by chance, at the The Royal Court Theatre. Then we took another bus to Waterloo, changed buses and came home to message from neighbours inviting us to join them for a meal in the village.

The Spring has come to London and blossom is everywhere, the river looked beautiful and I was just glad to be alive.

AND I walked 12,500 steps, and I weighed in at 126 this morning. It is all good!

Under The Skin is planned for this afternoon.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:30 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
Tammy - I'm new, but I'm hoping for your son that he gets the help he needs. At least he told your DD.

Carly - That sounds dreadful. I suppose it goes with NY. Perhaps that's why New Yorkers are such enduring people. I lived in Philly and would visit NY occasionally, but it was always too much.

Kissa - That sounds like an amazing day. I wish spring would hurry up here in Scotland!!
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:37 AM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I'm glad he has finally talked about his feelings. That's something he doesn't do much of. I wish he felt he could come to me or my dh. I tried calling him twice and texted him several times yesterday and no response. He worries me! I'll try today.

I weighed in up 1lb from yesterday after an UD. I ate dinner at 7:30 and was up early this morning with Chloe (my granddaughter). I thought I'd be up more since I ate a sub and ate chili at 7:30! Lol

Nothin planned today. Laundry is done so I'm relaxing and watching movies today. Muppets are on now!
Old 03-24-2014, 04:10 AM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/107/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Kissa, I had a lovely day in London yesterday - it was perfect, even if we did get rained and hailed upon a few times (it's odd how much it varies, isn't it). Magnolias and camellias in blossom everywhere - and even wallflowers - so hard to believe that it's still March.

Seeing a physiotherapist tonight so I'm hoping for some good advice and referrals about the sarcopenia.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:18 AM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
It's so hard, when you are separated from someone you care about, and they are having problems.

What a great London Day, Kissa. I should plan a Dallas one. We have a lot on offer, if I could just bestir myself to enjoy it.

The only time I BLAST my music is when the absolutely RIGHT song comes on the radio when I am driving down the highway. I roll the windows down and sing along like a madwoman. What can I say? Sometimes you gotta let loose!

Today I start the floor prep for ripping up the carpet in our front room. It is the last room to tackle. I am apprehensive, because of the volume of stuff in there. I will be doing it half at a time. I want the first half done by May, so that it is cleared for Eldest to sleep there when he comes home for a visit.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:35 AM   #443

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Tammy, I feel for you and your DS. My BIL was deployed a few times with the Marines and has since been medically "retired" (in his 20's). He's now in his 30's and still has problems. He has several wounds from IED explosions, and he lost friends in those attacks. The emotional scars are much deeper than the physical scars. It's a very long road to recovery, and I wish you both the best. Just be there for him, but let him come to you in his own time, and in his own way. He may feel that it's "weak" to ask for help, but I hope he gets it.

No big happenings during our haunted hotel weekend. Our dog exhibited some odd behaviors, though. She wouldn't go to her food and water in the bathroom where we put it (the only tiled floor in the room). I thought maybe it was because the fan was on in there, automatic when the light is on, so maybe the noise was bothering her. So we moved her bowls into the main room on the carpet. She kept pushing her food bowl over to the door and refused to eat. I'd move the bowl back and she'd push it with her nose right back to the door. DH said one of the mediums there had mentioned a "small dog" wandering around. Perhaps Tesha was trying to feed it? She also whined a lot when she was doing that. When we left the hotel, there was no problem getting her to eat.

DH has not yet uploaded his video or reviewed his audio or still photography. He'll probably do that in the next day or two.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn, I can't wait to hear what was caught. I hope something. Anything happen besides your dog acting funny?
Old 03-24-2014, 07:38 AM   #445

Animals are so sensitive, interesting.

Last day before my sister and her DH arrive, then lovely Vicky and her DH then my other daughter and hers...On Tuesday next down to Devon then to Austria on 5th. You may not hear from me much one the onslaught begins. I love it though.

This coming Sunday is UK Mothering Sunday.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Very interesting, Dawn! Glad she's back on her food now though. Can't wait to hear what DH's findings were.

Tammy, for your son. Any mental anguish is just so hard, and going through the therapy is hard, but treatment works, and I hope he's able to get some and start that journey.
to you and your family as you support him and do what you can.

Cindy and Slow-- I'm so jealous of you-- I've got the spring sun, but the temps won't be above 0 celcius until the end of the week... when it will rain (which will help melt the snow, don't get me wrong).

So, I have a migraine brewing b/c of the weather.

I'm planning for guests too-- DH's niece and a friend are headed to Cuba for a spring break, and asked if they could park their car here for the week (they're from Ottawa, I guess flights are better from Toronto). We asked if they could come in on the Saturday, and we'd all go to wine country on Sunday (i.e next weekend).
We're also going to a favorite French bistro for the last day of "March Mussels Madness" and then an event at one of our favorite wineries.

THEN on Tuesday, I have my boss from CA and another colleague in town all week, so they'll come for dinner that day.
Then I'm out with them and other groups on the Wednesday (dd) and Thursday.

This week though, it's all prep for both work and getting the house clean for all these visitors (the work people aren't staying here, just coming for a dinner).

So, that's what's on my mind today-- that, and getting my presentations ready for FOUR sessions at our user conference in May. They're due on Friday

S.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #447
Blabbermouth!!!

SlowSure: Hope and pray you get some good answers tonight.

Kissa: How wonderful for you! Give Vicky a big JUDDD BUDD hug from all of us! and, have FUN! I know you will.

Tammy:

Dawn: That is so strange about your doggy in that hotel. Dogs are very sensitive though. I'm sure they tune in to things we have no idea about.

I kind of quickly read to catch up and now I'm going to shut down and pack up my lap top. I'm heading to Sacramento to spend 3 nights at a nice hotel where DH has to do some political stuff. I actually don't want to go and have been looking for a way to get out of it!

Not because I don't like nice hotels but because I don't want to mess up my JUDDD rotations.

I still have to pack, wash my hair, do my make up and remember to bring all the goodies I need to have a good DD on Wednesday. I'm gonna take advantage of the hotel gym and pool that day to keep busy and keep my mind off food.

Probably will have a chance to go out with friends Tuesday for lunch and shopping. Thank goodness that will be an UD.

I'll try to check back in this evening and hopefully tomorrow too.

hugs

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 03-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #448

Sounds as if you have a very busy week ahead Soren. I bet your home is lovely since you had the makeover. And we know you area brilliant cook. And you are a ace at your job too.

You will enjoy Sacramento I am sure Yamster. Maybe you can keep to rotations by allowing yourself a highish DD?

My DD has gone well, made it to the gym (last time for a while) then did a big shop. now about to cook dinner, which funnily enough Soren, will be Moules!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:02 PM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have fun Yam! Report in. Busy in a dd is the best way to go.

Thanks for the supoort Cindy! I usually take it all in stride, and now and then I feel some pressure. Usually talking about it is all i need to feel better.

Asked a colleague who is good at photoshop to do up a graphic I couldn't find on the Internet (for free and legally) and he did great! A bit of a brainstorm that idea was, yay me.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

Good thing I didn't eat anything before we left!

We arrived at our lovely hotel about 6:15pm and since we have access to the "vip club" room where they serve lovely light food and wine, we had some.

Thankfully I'm used to not being hungry on DDs and today was the same.

I had 3 ounces of roasted chicken breast, romaine lettuce with artichoke hearts and two teaspoons of dressing, and 1 glass of white wine. Then just sparkling water in a wine glass with lime slices. We had such a great time.

I entered everything into my calorie counter app and ended up with 417 calories for the entire day. Not as low as I'm used to in recent weeks, but not bad either as my calculator number is 400 for DDs.

Tomorrow's UD is going to be gorgeous. The weather is sunny and yummy. I'm having lunch with friends and might take a swim in the pool. Then we have dinner plans in Old Sacramento with friends. (Gonna wear my new charcoal gray pants again. )

We have a comfy room at the Hyatt Regency with a great view. I'm a happy girl.