Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Back from cruise. Ugh. I need DDs bad (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/824645-back-cruise-ugh-i-need-dds-bad.html)

Brendajm 02-28-2014 05:16 PM

Back from cruise. Ugh. I need DDs bad

Way too much food. I ate so much. I feel like a beached whale. I got to get the carbs out of my system as now I am craving them sooooo baadd. I got home and boiled eggs and got salad stuff and tuna and turkey breast. Oh this is going to be hard. I won't go near the scale. Soooo mad at myself. I was strong for one day. Then it all went to hell in a hand bag.

Yam-Yam 02-28-2014 05:36 PM

You will feel better tomorrow! And, the scale might not be as bad as you think. Get a good DD going and hold off on weighing until you feel more confident about it.

The important thing is that you had fun! You went on a cruise! Ya gotta overeat on a cruise. I believe that it's a written law somewhere and you get arrested if you break that law. LOL!:hyst:

JUDDD is forgiving and you will be back on track in no time. Take it from someone who has been there and done that. :hugs:

KeirasMom 02-28-2014 06:26 PM

At least you have a good excuse. I gained over 8 pounds last weekend just going to amusement parks. It's mostly gone already. JUDDD will get you right back where you want to be. :console:

jdforshort 02-28-2014 11:08 PM

Awww, Brenda, Honey don't beat yourself about this! :console: we've all done this many times over, it may take a few days for a proper restart but believe me you will and soon see the reversal effects! Besides, vacations are to be enjoyed with loved ones especially cruises! Listen to Dawn, she always ekes out the path for us:notwrthy:!

SlowSure 02-28-2014 11:32 PM

It's at this point that it's so helpful that you're following a WOE that is as all-encompassing in its forgiveness and flexibility as JUDDD.

Good luck with resisting the carbs again but hopefully the cruise topped up your vitamin D levels and relaxation so leverage them by not stressing yourself about any carbs or weight gain and just get back to your rotations. (Stress will make it more likely that you'll crave carbs, not less, so have no regrets about that cruise and its consequences and trust the process.)

gotsomeold 03-01-2014 02:56 AM

Speaking from extensive cruise- and foodie vaycay-experience, JUDDD forgives.

I am glad you had a great time!

Carly 03-01-2014 04:57 AM

A few good rotations and the vacation bloat will be history!

Brendajm 03-01-2014 05:22 AM

Thanks all. Today I got lots of eggs boiled and some turkey ready. I am craving sugar bad. I am going to go out shopping with a friend as that might keep me busy and not thinking about food.

Flutter 03-01-2014 07:13 AM

Oh yes, good plan!!! Shopping is a great diversion on a DD!

I will only echo the others, any vacation gain will be gone in a few DD rotations! Juddd rocks! Sounds like you had tons of fun! I am jealous...I want HEAT! :)

LoCarbGal 03-01-2014 10:47 AM

I'm so glad it was a fun time, and that you allowed yourself to enjoy that good food. After all, life is about enjoyment and we need allow ourselves to do just that....occasionally!

Getting the sugar out of your system will certainly help you feel better. Those can be a few tough days, but so worth it! Hang in there!

kwerp 03-01-2014 11:08 AM

I hear ya. I put on 7 lbs of carb bloat over last weekend, but it quickly goes away when you reign it in. You'll get it back. :)

Librarygirl 03-01-2014 05:29 PM

The main thing is, you went on a cruise!! That sounds wonderful to me.:love: Trust in the process (and the DDs). You will be feeling like yourself again in no time.:high5:

Brendajm 03-02-2014 04:16 AM

Yesterday went ok. I did not eat the whole day. I was starving when I got home. But hubby thought he would be nice and get me some snow crab legs for dinner. They were good but the butter added up lots of calories. But it was still much lower then a day on the ship. I love the support here!!!

Kissa 03-02-2014 06:52 AM

You'll do fine Bren, life is for living, and you know how to do this.

KeirasMom 03-02-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendajm (Post 16820743)
Yesterday went ok. I did not eat the whole day. I was starving when I got home. But hubby thought he would be nice and get me some snow crab legs for dinner. They were good but the butter added up lots of calories. But it was still much lower then a day on the ship. I love the support here!!!

I love crab legs, and they're sooo low calorie. A trick I've learned is to eat every other bite with no butter, then just a tiny dip for most of the other bites, with the occasional FULL dunk. For some reason, this feels just as decadent to me, but saves more than half the butter calories. :yummy:

Kissa 03-02-2014 07:31 AM

Mmmm crab, now I'm peckish.

Patkid 03-02-2014 07:41 AM

Would you believe that I have never tasted crab legs?
I'd like to, though.
Could you ask hubby to include me next time? LOL
I have such an unsophisticated palate.
Spent most of my life on a strict budget: hence my carb addiction.

gotsomeold 03-03-2014 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patkid (Post 16820984)
.... Spent most of my life on a strict budget: hence my carb addiction.

That would do it. Carby foods do tend to be filling yet inexpensive, don't they? I figure that is why they have become so prevalent at restaurants. Ah well, if they are not triggers for the eater, then they can sure taste good.

If you like seafoody tastes, crab -with or without butter - is mmmmmmmmmmm!

SlowSure 03-03-2014 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16820973)
Mmmm crab, now I'm peckish.

Kissa, one Summer or another we'll need to rendezvous at Southend or Padstow and eat crab :) :yummy:

Carly 03-03-2014 05:09 AM

OMG!!!! I really want crab legs Right Now!!!
It's 8am on a DD. I must get that thought out of my head.

zipp2play 03-03-2014 06:08 AM

OH girl, did you enjoy your cruise? That is what matters. Life is meant to be lived!

Kissa 03-03-2014 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16821817)
Kissa, one Summer or another we'll need to rendezvous at Southend or Padstow and eat crab :) :yummy:

Now I am really up for that... or at The Crab Shack in Teignmouth, a serious favourite of ours.

Only 1 lb of my post cruise weight left.

Brendajm 03-03-2014 09:41 AM

I really enjoyed the cruise and the crablegs.. Today is a DD.. So far so good..