Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Wednesday, what's on the menu? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/824456-ud-wednesday-whats-menu.html)

Dottie 02-26-2014 04:48 AM

UD Wednesday, what's on the menu?

:hiya:
Good morning!
Well after 70s and 80s all week, it's back in the 40s today lol... thanks Mr Winter :annoyed:

Dottie 02-26-2014 04:50 AM

Oops menu!

B: was odd - kind of fish cakes and coffee (weird breakfast lol).
L: no idea yet
S: pork chops, mashed potatoes, buttered peas

The fish cakes:
Cooked 3oz tilapia in a skillet, cooled and flaked then mixed in 1 egg, 2T almond flour, 1oz shredded mild cheddar and old bay seasoning. Pan "fried" in silver-dollar-pancake size caked, in just a touch of olive oil until golden brown.

Sirtain 02-26-2014 05:38 AM

I'm going to be having:
Vegetable and pork soup
Pickled herring and olives
Beef heart and sweet potato stem over rice
Fruit smoothie

And probably a couple of other things. Playing it kind of loose today.

KeirasMom 02-26-2014 05:45 AM

B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee
L: Banh Mi with Sriracha??
D: ??

zipp2play 02-26-2014 05:51 AM

Dottie, we were in the upper 60's here and today it was 5* and a dusting of more snow! Plus they are calling for more come the weekend. Don't get me wrong, I typically love snow and winter, but I am DONE and OVER IT THIS year! ;)

B - waffle/eggs 255c
L - veggies/turkey steak 350c
S - granola bar 190c
D - dinner is out for work! I think they have GF noodles and a tomato/mozz salad that I love! SO that!!!!

I have 1100c for dinner. Should be good!

Dottie 02-26-2014 05:54 AM

Same here. We've had more ice, snow and below freezing temps than in the last decade this winter.
Enough already!

Scarlett46 02-26-2014 06:19 AM

-3 on my way into work this morning...

B: Coffee, egg, ham slices
L: Pork green chili
S: Oatmeal, coffee
Coffee

Patkid 02-26-2014 07:47 AM

I'm a little disappointed in the scale this morning.
I've weighed 188 after each of the last 3 Perfect DDs.
It is way too soon for me to make adjustments so I am going to follow my dear vets here and just keep doing the rotations.
I will also remember that I no longer weigh 199 and that by staying at 188 for almost a week it may be a real loss. I only went up to 188.6 after the UDs.
I am doing a lot of self talk and refuse to give up or feel down on myself.

With all that said (and thank you for listening):

Usual cottage cheese (2 bites) to get my AM meds down.

B: 2 Eggo Nutrigrain Waffles w/ SF Strawberry Jam

L: Frozen meal and extra veggies about 350 Calories

D: maybe buttered popcorn? or scrambled eggs ? Or Lean Cuisine Spagetti and 35 cal bread under the broiler w/ butter and garlic paste? Just dunno yet.

S: Greek yogurt
S: Jim Beam and diet caffeine free coke if I have popcorn.

Hope everyone has a great day.

LoCarbGal 02-26-2014 07:52 AM

Sorry winter is being a pain! It's supposed to be 79* here today - come on over!

Pat, staying steady after a really good loss is so totally normal. We wish the scale would just move down a little every day or even every other day. But it just doesn't. Keep doing what you're doing, and it'll start moving again!

So happy for an UD today!

B: Coffee/HWC
L: Tuna, chobani, apple
D: Vodka gimlet(s), fried catfish, roasted broccoli and cauliflower
D: if there's any cals leftover!

Target: 1825ish

sorenkkg 02-26-2014 09:08 AM

Those fish cakes sound yummy Dottie!
My DH has *declared* he shall not eat tilapia (it's been a few years now, actually) b/c it doesn't taste like anything :doh: I swear.

We should eat more fish though... I find the frozen fillets available at Costco so convenient, they have haddock and salmon, etc... Need to refill.

B: 3oz of cereal (mix of multigrain cheerios and Puffins) and almond milk

L: not sure yet. I'm craving a deli sandwich on big lettuce-- but have NONE of the fixins. I'd have to go OUT into the COLD, which may not happen...

D: pulled pork, again. Seems we're on a kick :) This time, I used a sirloin roast I had, instead of a picnic shoulder... less fat, but also less connective tissue. Maybe should've added some gelatin to the mix. Ah well, next time.

--12oz (?) of pulled sirloin, lean
4 mama lupe's tortillas
some cole slaw (omg, I do have go OUT!!!)

room for 6 squares of DARK chocolate

without lunch, I'm at around 1700, so I still have room to figure out what to eat.

And I'm planning on working out today, even though I felt my arms were falling off yesterday... ;)

S.

ASHLEY2HAWAII 02-26-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirtain (Post 16815786)
I'm going to be having:
Vegetable and pork soup
Pickled herring and olives
Beef heart and sweet potato stem over rice
Fruit smoothie

And probably a couple of other things. Playing it kind of loose today.

OMG we use to eat beef heart in grad school, cause it was so cheap, it is hard to find in the regular store , we would cook it like pot roast.

EmmaLiza 02-26-2014 11:41 AM

Breakfast: Green tea with lemon at home, coffee with HWC at work (100)
Lunch: Burger patty and large salad of lettuce, tomato, cheese, & croutons (409)
Two pieces of SF candy (128)

I'm actually stuffed at the moment!

Options for later:
Snack: Greek yogurt with high fiber cereal on top (220)
Almonds (225)
Dinner: Bacon sandwich on double fiber bread, with mayo (360)

Not sure I can fit it all in, but this would take me right up under 1500 for the day.

sorenkkg 02-26-2014 06:55 PM

Finished for the day:

331 cals SPENT in exercise (but I try not to add them back in food).

L: was 1 healthy choice steamer (210), 1 bag of broccoli (100), and 1/2 a serving of that mushroom risotto from the other day #omg

D: 10oz pulled pork
4T light bbq sauce
3 lc tortillas (side note-- these were in the freezer FOREVER. Defrosted on the counter. They were fine :) )
3/4c or so of non-creamy slaw (120 for 1/2c)

then I had a LOT of chocolate-- dark, milk, some white. From what I can tell, I'm at or under my full calories for the day.

I :heart: JUDDD

KeirasMom 02-27-2014 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16815797)
B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee
L: Banh Mi with Sriracha??

I had a Quest bar mid-afternoon.

Dinner was at Chili's (fundraiser for our Bully Breed rescue) - mango chile chicken with rice and broccoli.

Rum/Cascade Ice and a Snicker's bar for dessert. :o

Sirtain 02-27-2014 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHLEY2HAWAII (Post 16816098)
OMG we use to eat beef heart in grad school, cause it was so cheap, it is hard to find in the regular store , we would cook it like pot roast.

It's still cheap! I really like it. It is a good entry-level organ meat for people to try. So far, I have cooked mine in the crockpot. I should try roasting it.