Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   NSG (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/824166-nsg.html)

BroadwayBaby 02-20-2014 05:37 PM

NSG

As you all may know (or not) I'm not really weighing myself right now (except when I snuck that little weigh-in on my friend's bathroom scale -6lbs yay) but measuring and looking for those NSV's! Today I found this cute leopard skin spring jacket that was brand new that my ex's grandmother had given me. It was super small but I always wanted to lose weight to fit it. Well I tried it on today and it doesn't look bad. Needs about an inch loss all around (chest, back, tummy) to button, 2 inches to button and sit down without the button flying off and taking out an eye. So I decided that is going to be my 1st NSG: NON-SCALE GOAL! It is a great light weight coat that will be perfect for the spring. So my goal is to get it buttoned by the first day of spring, March 21st. so basically 4 weeks. I think it is doable! Especially once I get back in the gym. Feeling much better now, think the cold is on the way out. Anyway that's my big light bulb today---NSG's!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:
Anyone else have NSG?

Flutter 02-20-2014 07:56 PM

Awesome! That's a lovely way to gauge your progress and you will feel so good when it FITS! (and it surely will!!)

gotitnow 02-20-2014 09:36 PM

BB, I love this NSG idea!!

I need to think on it a while........

You know everyone will want a pic, don'tcha?;)

Phyl:heart:

Flutter 02-21-2014 06:57 AM

I just realized I bought a pair of skinny jeans that are a bit too skinny for my comfort. I had planned on returning them, but then I thought I'd keep them and try them back on in a month or so. See, I just didn't realize there would be a non scale GOAL thread I'd need them for. Now I can totally justify keeping them! Thanks broadway! ;)

brainardt 02-21-2014 08:00 AM

My NSG is similiar to Melinda's. I bought some jeans online, always a crapshoot, and they're too tight... instead of returning them, I'm now determined to wear them soon :)

Green 02-21-2014 10:48 AM

Hmmm I need a NSG for sure as the scale is being stubborn.
Two NSG's:

Rock my black leather Frye riding boots with ease... they're just too snug around the calves right now.

Rock my black leather jacket with ease too. With no tightness in the shoulders and arm pits.

LoCarbGal 02-21-2014 11:45 AM

Nice BB!

I'll have to think on this too. I'll be back...

BroadwayBaby 02-21-2014 01:13 PM

Awesome NSG'S ladies!!!

Phyl, OF COURSE I'll post a pic when that jacket fits!!!

Melinda and Brainardt can't wait for those jeans to slide on with ease!

Green, you're gonna be rocking all that black leather soon!

Carol, get back to me on this! LOL! PS. Where can I find a weighted hula hoop? A sporting goods store?

KeirasMom 02-21-2014 01:30 PM

Not Carol, but I got mine at Target, IIRC. I just saw one there a couple of days ago that's adjustable. I didn't really look at it closely, as I already have one, and the price was more than I spent on mine.

They have them at Walmart, Big5, and other sporting goods stores as well.

LoCarbGal 02-21-2014 04:42 PM

Yep, Dawn's right. I ordered mine from Walmart for $20, and it has six pieces that click together, so the box you get it in isn't ginormous! ;)

I'm still thinking on my NSG. I need to make it a good one!

FrostyBeav 02-21-2014 04:48 PM

I've got a whole pile of clothes that I bought when I was smaller and I'd like to wear them again.

LoCarbGal 02-21-2014 04:50 PM

Oh Frosty, again with the pile of clothes! We need to get you some hangers! ;)

FrostyBeav 02-21-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16810331)
Oh Frosty, again with the pile of clothes! We need to get you some hangers! ;)

My hangers are full of my fat clothes. My skinny clothes are packed away in plastic totes. There are piles of totes, though.

FrostyBeav 02-21-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyBeav (Post 16810325)
I've got a whole pile of clothes that I bought when I was smaller and I'd like to wear them again.

Spurred by this this thread, I just tried on the next pair of jeans in "pile". These were the jeans I wore a couple of years ago when I was still in the low to mid-190's. They actually buttoned! They are still a bit snug but I should be able to wear them in a pound or two.

My current jeans are a pair of 34x32 Old Navy (mom) jeans. I was wearing them last summer and when I wore my barefoot shoes, the jeans were long enough that the back of the leg would catch under the shoes, since they didn't have any heel. At the time, Old Navy was having an online sale so I bought the same jeans in a 34/30 cheap.

When I got them, though, I couldn't button them. I mean I was a good inch from being able to button them. Anyway, I just tried them on too, and they buttoned! They are still too snug to wear comfortably but at least I could button them. Unfortunately, I think they are going to to be too short but still... they buttoned! :laugh:

KeirasMom 02-21-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyBeav (Post 16810376)
Spurred by this this thread, I just tried on the next pair of jeans in "pile". These were the jeans I wore a couple of years ago when I was still in the low to mid-190's. They actually buttoned! They are still a bit snug but I should be able to wear them in a pound or two.

My current jeans are a pair of 34x32 Old Navy (mom) jeans. I was wearing them last summer and when I wore my barefoot shoes, the jeans were long enough that the back of the leg would catch under the shoes, since they didn't have any heel. At the time, Old Navy was having an online sale so I bought the same jeans in a 34/30 cheap.

When I got them, though, I couldn't button them. I mean I was a good inch from being able to button them. Anyway, I just tried them on too, and they buttoned! They are still too snug to wear comfortably but at least I could button them. Unfortunately, I think they are going to to be too short but still... they buttoned! :laugh:

Pictures? :D

FrostyBeav 02-21-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16810382)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...c1253/rofl.gif

Nice turnaround!

Be careful what you wish for, though. ;)

FrostyBeav 02-21-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16810382)

Just posted in my thread.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...l#post16810480

Told you to be careful what you wished for. :)

BroadwayBaby 02-21-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyBeav (Post 16810482)
Just posted in my thread.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...l#post16810480

Told you to be careful what you wished for. :)

They look good Frosty. I think you carry your weight well. You look slim to me! :)

gotitnow 02-21-2014 07:46 PM

Okay...I think my NSG will be to have a couple pair skinny jeans that I bought last spring, fit a tad looser........and yes, I wear skinny jeans at my age!:cool:;) Believe it or else!!:annoyed::rofl::rofl:

At my age, I decided to.......Go"HOT" or go home!!:cool::p

Carly 02-21-2014 07:56 PM

I bought a skirt online. It said it runs a bit small, so I bought a medium. Since most smalls are a bit big. Well, this Medium is a 25" waist!

Since when is a 25" waist a medium. I can wear it, but it's snug. I guess I'll see how it fits by March 21st, but I still reserve the right to return this, because wearing a 25" waist may be too lofty for me.

FrostyBeav 02-21-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby (Post 16810521)
They look good Frosty. I think you carry your weight well. You look slim to me! :)

Thanks, BB. I think the pic kind of hid the muffin top and moobs. And the fact I could barely breath. :laugh:

KeirasMom 02-22-2014 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotitnow (Post 16810528)
Okay...I think my NSG will be to have a couple pair skinny jeans that I bought last spring, fit a tad looser........and yes, I wear skinny jeans at my age!:cool:;) Believe it or else!!:annoyed::rofl::rofl:

Phyl, you are HOT and I'm glad you own it!

Frosty, looking good! ;)

Ailuros 02-22-2014 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotitnow (Post 16810528)

:lol: I bought some skinny jeans (red ones) but havenít actually worn them yet. Must shorten them and gather my courage.

gotitnow 02-22-2014 07:59 AM

Dawn thanks for the vote of confidence!:D

Ailuros mine are black and dark denim. It might take a bit more nerve to wear red..........maybe!;)

If ya like them.....well......You know what they say.......Y O L O !!!!!:up:

gotitnow 02-22-2014 08:10 AM

Frosty don't be goin too low now.....no "female" I know likes a scrawny guy!!!:p

Seriously, you might only need to just exercise and keep whatcha got! We all need to do that forever anyway!:D :dunno:

Ailuros 02-22-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotitnow (Post 16810829)
Dawn thanks for the vote of confidence!:D

Ailuros mine are black and dark denim. It might take a bit more nerve to wear red..........maybe!;)

If ya like them.....well......You know what they say.......Y O L O !!!!!:up:

I donít think that really skinny jeans are actually my best look! Fitted, but not like a pair of tights is better. Still, Iíll give them a go once in a while.

FrostyBeav 02-22-2014 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotitnow (Post 16810848)
Frosty don't be goin too low now.....no "female" I know likes a scrawny guy!!!:p

Seriously, you might only need to just exercise and keep whatcha got! We all need to do that forever anyway!:D :dunno:

I don't think losing the spare tire and moobs will make me too scrawny. I've come to terms with the idea that I'll never have visible abs but I would like a flat belly.

gotitnow 02-22-2014 08:51 AM

I know what ya mean Frosty. Hope I didn't come across critical.:shock: Just my way of sayin you look pretty good already. Each of us needs to do and be what makes us comfortable. I sooooo get that.:agree:

I'll bet many of us are told to be happy where we are......but do we listen?.......Naaaaah!;)

BroadwayBaby 02-22-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailuros (Post 16810744)
:lol: I bought some skinny jeans (red ones) but havenít actually worn them yet. Must shorten them and gather my courage.

Oooh that's another NSG for me, I've always wanted a pair of red skinny jeans, I have a small booty and great legs but a too big tummy so I want to pare that down a bit before I buy them. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WEAR THEM FOR ME! Let me live vicariously thru you! :lol:

Flutter 02-22-2014 06:01 PM

I love the way red skinny jeans look...on other people. LOL! Love me some red anything! Please post pictures when you go for it, ailuros!!