Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Hi JUDDD Friends! It's been a long time....

But it's so great to see so many of you still around and still doing so well! I have greatly missed this community the last 6 months or so and I hope to be back amongst you all soon.

My story. Well, I was happily JUDDDing away for a few months and really feeling like I had found what I had been looking for. Then the floor kind of dropped beneath me. I found myself not losing weight for weeks and then months at a time. Then I started gaining weight. I explored every facet of my diet, my emotional state, my physical state, nothing made sense. I just wasn't feeling right. I wasn't losing weight DESPITE multiple tweaks (more calories, less calories, less carbs, dealing with binge issues/emotional eating); but I was starting to feel really awful as well. My hair was falling out in clumps, I was exhausted, and probably a bit depressed as well. And I said good-bye to you all in August, defeated and not understanding what was going on.

Well, after several tests, thinking it was everything from Thyroid to Celiac to even clinical depression, the mystery was solved. Sleep Apnea. Which should have been anything BUT a shock or surprising to me. It took several months of testing to come to this conclusion but it explains everything I had been going through. Especially, the inability to lose weight. I was waking up 98 times a night ALL during REM sleep. So I was clinically exhausted. It was causing me all kinds of issues that I never realized were sleep related. I received my machine about 6 weeks ago and am seeing little changes. I'm still struggling a bit with using it, as I am having a hard time with the mask, claustrophobia and things like that. So I'm not fully sleeping with the machine on. But I'm getting better. And little by little I feel things changing.

I completely fell of any diet wagon in September. I was exhausted (although didn't know it) and depressed and ill. And I let myself go. Sadly I gained back 20lbs of the 38 or so I had lost. But, I am slowly getting myself ready to get back to it. My husband asked if we could go low carb for a while, so I'm starting there. We both feel the need for the carb detox. But, my goal is to come back to JUDDD (with an emphasis on moderate carb). I have to admit I am a little afraid of it this time. I don't know why, I had such great success with it (at first) and I dealt easily with the down days. But I had been LC dieting a few months when I stumbled into JUDDD, so maybe that's why it was a little easier. I guess jumping in cold turkey was too intimidating to me. But I never forgot the MANY health benefits JUDDD gave me and I use those NSV's to help motivate me mentally to come back.

Anyways, I wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. I was over on the general LC boards reading about all these crazy ingredients and recipes for pastas and breads and.... it's making my head spin. I need a few good weeks of an Atkins type induction period to just detox myself, but, I remember now how crazy all that strange cooking and substituting was making me.

Well, hope to be in on the daily threads soon!!!

Last edited by AndyBFK; 02-18-2014 at 08:17 PM..
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
back, Andy! I've been wondering how you are.

DH had sleep apnea (before WLS; now he's off his CPAP). He did not know about his issues either, despite me kicking him 47 times per night to get him to STOP SNORING! He wouldn't wake up, but I'd be awake ALL. NIGHT. LONG! Anyway, I finally convinced him to get a sleep study and he found he was "waking up" (without realizing it) something like 120 times per night. AWFUL! The CPAP machine was the best thing that ever could have happened to our marriage.

He did not lose weight just from getting better sleep, but I'm sure the sleep issue was not helping his other health concerns.

I think it's fantastic that you've taken this step toward better health. We'll be here with open arms when/if you decide you're ready to return to the JUDDD fold. If you want to stay strictly LC, that's great too. Check in with us!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Hi Dawn!

You look fantastic in your picture!!!! So glad to "see" you!!!

Ever since I did my sleep study, I come across more and more people with similar stories. You sound just like my husband! According to my machine I slept 3 1/2 hours with the mask on last night and my husband said HE slept better than he has in years. I wasn't just snoring, I was tossing and turning all night long, gagging, gasping, up and down. It was all keeping him awake. He said the rhythmic sound of my sleeping lulled him into a deep sleep last night. I'd say he's a good man, supporting me through this (Since I definitely had a freak out moment of self consciousness feeling I would never look "sexy" again with this contraption on my face) but he really could care less. I loved him for it till I realized he was as desperate for a good nights sleep as I was!

I had a host of other issues going on too, the hair falling out, sick a lot, depressed, my doc thinks it's all sleep related. I guess because my apnea was occurring in my REM sleep it was a lot worse even though I wasn't necessarily waking up as much as some others. My pressure is pretty low, but I just can not get used to the mask (and I have 3 of them). But, I'm trying every night and getting better each day! My doc showed me a study where the number one symptom of apnea was inability to lose weight when you were otherwise trying too. Emphasis added to that last part. I know I have a host of other issues to deal with, but just getting that diagnosis felt like I was finally on my way back to better health and a better well being!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Andy! I was so glad to see your post! I have wondered about you too - you've been missed. I'm soooo glad you've figured out what your health problems were stemming from. Sleep apnea is so scary and causes so much damage. I'm sure you'll get the whole CPAP thing figured out and will start feeling many times better.

As for all the weird substitutions and replacement foods on LC.......just eat real food and forget all that stuff! Every time I've been successful on LC, I've just eaten meat, cheese, eggs, and veggies. Every time I've struggled, I've been adding in frankenfoods, SF treats, flour replacements, etc.

I hope we'll be seeing you JUDDDing real soon!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Andy! How great to see you here. I hope we will see you posting here on a regular basis very soon.

I'm so glad you figured out what you needed to do and hope JUDDD can play a role to help too.

Counting on seeing you again!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:03 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
Hi! I'm new, but thought I'd say hi anyway!
Sleep apnea is no joke. I suffer from insomnia (hereditary), so I totally empathize with the lack of sleep ruining your life.

It sounds like you're on the right path - good luck!
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:54 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Yep. I have the REM apnea flavor too. It means, every time you enter REM sleep and start to dream, you stop breathing and your body panics. Which means you never dream...a situation associated with huge body and brain stress, failing health, gaining weight, heart attacks, insanity, and death.

Therefore TOTAL Happy Dance for Andy!!

If you are still struggling with the mask after six weeks, have you gone back to your provider and discussed different masks? I had to try about four different shapes before I found the one that fit both my face and the position I usually sleep in. But, that did not take six weeks. By six weeks I was sleeping well and dreaming like a champ.

LC detox sounds pleasant.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:16 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
AndyBFK, I've been thinking about you and hoping that you'd found some explanation for your difficulties. Horrid that's it's sleep related but good to learn that you have a diagnosis and something to work with to ameliorate your problems.

We'll all be looking out for your return to us There's always spaces round the JUDDD homestead fire for absent friends and it makes it even better when they just come back, sit right down, and pick up where they left off.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
SS^^^^^^what a comforting cozy picture you just "painted" with words.

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/155/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I just want to encourage you, too, that it's possible that as you lose weight, you'll have less trouble with apnea, or even stop having it altogether. My DH was a terrible snorer, very overweight, and stopped breathing many, many times at night. He fell asleep sitting up during the day a lot, too.

I was overjoyed that after he lost just the first 25 pounds, it all improved. Now, he's been almost snore-free for the last ten years! I still marvel that he sleeps so quietly and seems much more well-rested in the day, too. I totally attribute this to his weight loss.

Good luck!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:55 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
back Andy!

My husband has/had sleep apnea. His tests showed something like 60 times per hour... maybe more? I could be wrong.

Due to sports, he had a deviated septum, so they operated to fix that. No dice. They tried the CPAP (bigger and bulkier back then)... he's clausterphobic... so no dice there.

He moved to the city where we met, and once I learned about all this (his snoring was terrible too), I took him to my ENT (I'd had my tonsils out as an adult...) and while he started with "we'll need a sleep study again" blah blah... he then got a look inside my husband's throat

He said-- I don't know how you breathe when you're awake, much less asleep.

Surgery was scheduled asap, and I can tell you, I was in the recovery room-- no snoring immediately after the surgery!

It's been such a huge help to my husband-- 1) his snoring gets less when he weighs less (and more if he gains a bit), but never to the point of apnea or more than my earplugs can handle.

He lost weight right after the surgery too (some)... but the sleeping/energy/health aspect has improved soooo much. THis was about 14 yrs ago or so.

They removed his tonsils, his uvula, and some of the soft palate tissue. It's called a uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (easy to look up). I think they use lasers.

So if the cpap ever gets too much for you, there ARE other options.

See you around the boards!
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Yep. I have the REM apnea flavor too. It means, every time you enter REM sleep and start to dream, you stop breathing and your body panics. Which means you never dream...a situation associated with huge body and brain stress, failing health, gaining weight, heart attacks, insanity, and death.

Therefore TOTAL Happy Dance for Andy!!

If you are still struggling with the mask after six weeks, have you gone back to your provider and discussed different masks? I had to try about four different shapes before I found the one that fit both my face and the position I usually sleep in. But, that did not take six weeks. By six weeks I was sleeping well and dreaming like a champ.

LC detox sounds pleasant.
Hi Nancy!
I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with this too. Insanity. That is absolutely correct! I've felt so exhausted it literally was making me crazy at times!
I have gone back to my DME 4 times now. She's so great. The problem isn't the masks, it's me. First I have horrible claustrophobia, especially at night. Probably due to all the times I woke up from sleep gasping for breath, feeling like I was drowning and the room I was in was caving in on me. (In fact, it was so bad at times I literally had to run out of my house into the street at 3 am just to feel like the walls weren't crumbling in on me. How did I NOT realize it was OSA???) So I literally had a panic attack in both of my sleep studies, and the first night at home w/ the mask I almost had to be medicated. So they switched me off the full-face mask onto the smallest, lightest, nasal pillow type mask. Which I do a lot better with. Except for the fact that I am dealing with a lifelong sinus problem. So, I think I can handle the nasal masks, but I can't always breath through my nose. So I am also trying to get a handle on that. The other funny thing is that I take the mask off in my sleep. Totally unbeknownst to me. I have no recollection or memory of taking it off or why I take it off. I just wake up and find it on my bedstand. My machine tracks the time I have it on, so I am able to see that I wear it anywhere from 1 -3 hours on average.
I wish so much I could just put it on and go to sleep, but the other issue, is that I am having raging insomnia. No matter how sleepy I am, the second the mask goes on, I'm immediately WIDE awake. So, I'm a mess. But honestly, I am 10x better than I was even 3 weeks ago. So I'm still pushing for it. I love hearing stories like yours! I know eventually I'll be where you are and that's what keeps me going!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:10 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

As for all the weird substitutions and replacement foods on LC.......just eat real food and forget all that stuff! Every time I've been successful on LC, I've just eaten meat, cheese, eggs, and veggies. Every time I've struggled, I've been adding in frankenfoods, SF treats, flour replacements, etc.

I hope we'll be seeing you JUDDDing real soon!
I hope you will too!!!! I'll get back. I know I will. I still RAVE about it to anyone who will listen. And, I love this board so much, I need you all back in my life! haha! Yeah, I think I need to just stick to the basics. If not I'll make myself crazy. I did all the weird breads, and flour subs, and all that last time, but that's because I was on induction for 4 months straight! I needed different foods, but, this time I think I'm just gonna stay on induction long enough to feel the cravings gone (and then come back to JUDDD!!!)
Old 02-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
back Andy!

My husband has/had sleep apnea. His tests showed something like 60 times per hour... maybe more? I could be wrong.

Due to sports, he had a deviated septum, so they operated to fix that. No dice. They tried the CPAP (bigger and bulkier back then)... he's clausterphobic... so no dice there.

He moved to the city where we met, and once I learned about all this (his snoring was terrible too), I took him to my ENT (I'd had my tonsils out as an adult...) and while he started with "we'll need a sleep study again" blah blah... he then got a look inside my husband's throat

He said-- I don't know how you breathe when you're awake, much less asleep.

Surgery was scheduled asap, and I can tell you, I was in the recovery room-- no snoring immediately after the surgery!

It's been such a huge help to my husband-- 1) his snoring gets less when he weighs less (and more if he gains a bit), but never to the point of apnea or more than my earplugs can handle.

He lost weight right after the surgery too (some)... but the sleeping/energy/health aspect has improved soooo much. THis was about 14 yrs ago or so.

They removed his tonsils, his uvula, and some of the soft palate tissue. It's called a uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (easy to look up). I think they use lasers.

So if the cpap ever gets too much for you, there ARE other options.

See you around the boards!
S.
Thank you so much for all this great information! I do need to see an ENT to deal with my sinus problems (which cause me to sleep with my mouth open, which causes a lot of my apnea). I had an ENT read the results of my sleep studies, but I never went in and saw him. He just sent the results to my primary. Anyways, that is definitely my next step. I'm worried I might be one of those people who just can't handle the CPAP and despite the HUGE dent the sleep studies, machines, and masks have put in my wallet, I may have to explore other options. I'm so glad to hear it worked for him!!! I would just like to have the energy back I used to have. I mean I am in my early 30's. And it's not the weight, I've always been overweight. My energy level has just tanked the last 6 months. And I'm so over it, I'm so ready to join the world again!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
back Andy! I'm glad you are getting the sleep issues straightened out. I have a sleepwalking disorder, but refuse to do the sleep study... I'm scared. I know I lose better when I sleep better. When I've had several nights of walking in a row I feel terrible and I don't lose.

Glad you are here with us
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
SS^^^^^^what a comforting cozy picture you just "painted" with words.

Phyl
I know, RIGHT!!!!
Gosh, it's so great to feel so welcome!!! You all are truly the best!!! And thank you too to those who don't even know me. I appreciate the encouragement from everyone!!!!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
back Andy! I'm glad you are getting the sleep issues straightened out. I have a sleepwalking disorder, but refuse to do the sleep study... I'm scared. I know I lose better when I sleep better. When I've had several nights of walking in a row I feel terrible and I don't lose.

Glad you are here with us
Carly, don't be scared! I know easier said than done, right. But you can do it, I KNOW you can!
I have debilitating claustrophobia. I was terrified just to be in a hospital room period. All that kept going through my head the WHOLE night was how many steps I had to take to get out side of the building. That's how bad mine is. I won't lie. It was 2 of the WORST nights of my life. But I got through them. I had a fantastic sleep technician. She was so patient with me and totally understood my anxiety's. And the room was wonderful. I had a queen size tempurpedic bed, flat-screen TVs, huge bathroom, lazy-boy chair. It honestly resembled a really nice hotel. And there was nothing painful about it. Uncomfortable, yes. Long-night, yes. But not painful or scary. I researched multiple sleep centers and they even let me tour the rooms before my appointment so I knew exactly what to expect. They are NOT all created equal. And not all technicians were so patient, aware, and knowledgeable about my anxiety. I know we are all different and deal with our own demons, but I think if you toured a few of them and talked to the technicians it might help to put you more at ease. I won't lie, I hope to NEVER do it again. But I did sleep. Both nights. I don't know if that advice helps or not, but I wish you the best and hope you can find the strength to get better!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBFK View Post
Carly, don't be scared! I know easier said than done, right. But you can do it, I KNOW you can!
I have debilitating claustrophobia. I was terrified just to be in a hospital room period. All that kept going through my head the WHOLE night was how many steps I had to take to get out side of the building. That's how bad mine is. I won't lie. It was 2 of the WORST nights of my life. But I got through them. I had a fantastic sleep technician. She was so patient with me and totally understood my anxiety's. And the room was wonderful. I had a queen size tempurpedic bed, flat-screen TVs, huge bathroom, lazy-boy chair. It honestly resembled a really nice hotel. And there was nothing painful about it. Uncomfortable, yes. Long-night, yes. But not painful or scary. I researched multiple sleep centers and they even let me tour the rooms before my appointment so I knew exactly what to expect. They are NOT all created equal. And not all technicians were so patient, aware, and knowledgeable about my anxiety. I know we are all different and deal with our own demons, but I think if you toured a few of them and talked to the technicians it might help to put you more at ease. I won't lie, I hope to NEVER do it again. But I did sleep. Both nights. I don't know if that advice helps or not, but I wish you the best and hope you can find the strength to get better!
I'll keep your words in mind, but I doubt I'll do it. My doctor has been begging since 1998.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
back Andy!

I snore much less than I used to according to my family, so I can't wait for you to keep experiencing the positive side of the cycle:
treatment --> feeling better -->losing weight --> improvement in symptoms --> feeling even better, etc.

Last edited by calichris; 02-19-2014 at 08:12 PM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I had my sleep study about 5 years ago where it was found I not only needed cpap but required a little oxygen with it. I am one of the lucky ones that even though I need a full face mask it never bothered me well the first 15min. with it in the sleep lab was strange. But by the time they woke me up to go home me and my mask were good buddies! Now if I can only win the lottery, find the fountain of youth and lose about 80lbs (more would be better but I don't want to sound greedy) heck I would settle for any one or 2 of these.
E.W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I had my sleep study about 5 years ago where it was found I not only needed cpap but required a little oxygen with it. I am one of the lucky ones that even though I need a full face mask it never bothered me well the first 15min. with it in the sleep lab was strange. But by the time they woke me up to go home me and my mask were good buddies! Now if I can only win the lottery, find the fountain of youth and lose about 80lbs (more would be better but I don't want to sound greedy) heck I would settle for any one or 2 of these.
I'm trying to get an appointment with my doctor so I can start down this path. I have resisted it for awhile now but I can't take any more of the constantly being exhausted. I think it may also account for the inexplicable rise in my BP about a year and a half ago.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
back! So happy to see you on the road to better health. We all look forward to hearing more from you and getting those happy reports as you reap the benefit of better and more sleep.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Using cpap did have one down side for me. It used to be I could read a book and then enjoy reading it all over about a month later because I didn't remember reading it the first time. I kid you not I was worried I was getting alzheimer's now at 63 my memory is way better than it was when I was at 58. Oh! my pet bird hates it! I may hop in bed and read a while before taking an afternoon nap and my bird will join me. Well she doesn't mind me putting the mask on but when I reach to hit the switch she is gone.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
E.W. - that was a completely charming account of CPAP and your bird's reaction. Thank you.

Who'd have thought that memory improvement had a downside. Altho' it must have been such a relief that it wasn't MCI or Alzheimer's Disease.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

I knew I had more than one copy of some books but after my memory came back I noticed I had 5 sets of one 5 book seriese .....
Old 02-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
I knew I had more than one copy of some books but after my memory came back I noticed I had 5 sets of one 5 book seriese .....
been there
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #27

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
I've been known to do this too. My house became so much less cluttered when I got my Kindle.

ETA: The Kindle also alerts me that I've already downloaded a book when I'm trying to get a duplicate. Ha!! See, I still do it.

Last edited by KeirasMom; 02-28-2014 at 07:34 AM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #28

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Andy, so good to have you back here. What a nightmare (literally) you have had.

I am sure all this will be sorted out over the next couple of months and you will see the wight coming off once more.

Starting with an LC detox sound like a great plan. I will always than Dr A for helping me for 10 years.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:24 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrie jayne
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBFK View Post
I received my machine about 6 weeks ago and am seeing little changes. I'm still struggling a bit with using it, as I am having a hard time with the mask, claustrophobia and things like that.
My DH has sleep apnea. He snored so loud we could hear him when we were downstairs and around the corner - with the tv on! I was exhausted, so he went for testing, and was put on a machine. He uses a NasalAire 2 mask (google it), but not according to the directions. He simply tied the tubes at the back of his head and left everything else off. He slips it on at night and off in the morning. It's not at all like a mask, just sort of like a pony tail. It turns out I've got sleep apnea too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
:I have a sleepwalking disorder, but refuse to do the sleep study... I'm scared.
I sympathize with your fears. I was afraid to go because I have personal safety issues, but it's just going to bed with and without a mask; we aren't unconscious. Afterwards I felt kinda foolish; it was definitely not a big deal. I've used a CPAP machine for 7+ years and have been tested twice.

When I think about not using my CPAP I remember my friend who had a massive stroke, reportedly caused by her refusal to use her machine. Last fall I was hauled off to the ER in an ambulance for heart palpitations of 200+ beats a minute. The EMT gave me a spritz of nitroglycerin. After a short time in the ER my heartbeat was back to normal and the tests began (with inconclusive results). My MD sent me to a cardiologist, who decided it was sleep apnea. He sent me to my pulmonary DR, whom I hadn't seen in a looong time. He promptly ordered me a new machine and various supplies. I've not had any palpitations since.
carrie jayne is offline   Reply With Quote