Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green View Post
I'm joining y'all! From now on, all DD's, I'll aim for at least 60g protein and at least 90g on UD's. I had a dunk test in December and reportedly have 111lbs of LBM to protect.
111 LBM as a % of 135lbs goal weight would put you at 18% body fat as your goal if you kept it or approx 20% if you inadvertently lost a smidge of it?
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Quest bars are great! I signed up for the 2 free bars so I hope I get them soon. I only buy them once in a while since they are so expensive. I'll have to pick up some this weekend!
Me too! I can't wait. I've been eating Larabar Ubers, but they don't have near as much protein. Sure are yummy though!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Green
Stats: no more scale!
WOE: Hunger Directed Eating 4/22/14
Start Date: JUDDD: start 2/14-4/14 NK: 3/13-6/13, 11/13- 1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
111 LBM as a % of 135lbs goal weight would put you at 18% body fat as your goal if you kept it or approx 20% if you inadvertently lost a smidge of it?
Good eye! I used to have my goal weight as 140 in NK and that's where the 22% came in. If I retain all 111lbs and lose to 140, I'll be at 22%. I forgot to delete that when I changed my goal to 135.

I kind of doubt I'll retain all of my LBM on juddd (which is okay with me.. My legs are quite bulky from muscle), so I estimate if I maintain 106 lbs of LBM, at 135, I'll be at roughly 22% BF. Hopefully I'll feel comfortable at 22%. I may want to go lower if not.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:39 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/171/140, 5'4", 60yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Thank you all for the Quest Bar info! There is a Shoppe near here, so I'm going to check that out tomorrow and try some for taste.
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:40 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
If I retain all 111lbs and lose to 140, I'll be at 22%....

I kind of doubt I'll retain all of my LBM on juddd (which is okay with me.. My legs are quite bulky from muscle), so I estimate if I maintain 106 lbs of LBM, at 135, I'll be at roughly 22% BF. Hopefully I'll feel comfortable at 22%. I may want to go lower if not.
111llbs at 140lbs is approx. 20% BF and yes, 106lbm at 135lbs is roughly 22% BF.

I'm all for people retaining as much of their LBM as they can as it's a fantastic way of having plenty of reserves to handle blood sugar management (assuming someone doesn't have dysregulation of their blood sugar and is appropriately insulin sensitive). Plus, LBM from a dunk tank is an undifferentiated amalgam of bones, muscle etc. and I tend to think of those things as useful.

I'll write this up at some point when I have more confirmation about my composition (I had a BodPod which reported horrendous results) - but, put it this way, you currently have approx. 34lbs more LBM than I do (NB, I don't have any metabolic dysfunction). I'd give a lot to have an LBM in that range and the metabolic flexibility that is its corollary in someone who is healthy and without metabolic complications.

August 2014 In March I had a DXA scan which revealed very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.

Last edited by SlowSure; 02-22-2014 at 12:44 AM..
Old 02-22-2014, 02:09 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
I'm joining y'all! From now on, all DD's, I'll aim for at least 60g protein and at least 90g on UD's. I had a dunk test in December and reportedly have 111lbs of LBM to protect.
Good weight loss battle cry:

PROTECT THE LBM!!!!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Slow, I'm so anxious to hear about your DEXA results. I really, really hope (and have a strong feeling) that your LBM is much higher than the BodPod results indicated. When are you scheduled?
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:50 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Slow, I'm so anxious to hear about your DEXA results. I really, really hope (and have a strong feeling) that your LBM is much higher than the BodPod results indicated. When are you scheduled?
It's a production to be scheduled in the UK I had to apply to the clinic and present a case for why I wanted the scan, the case had to go to an approvals committee and last Thursday, I heard that I've been accepted for a scan, now I just to navigate the hazards of their appointment system (the clinic only scans on Mondays-Wednesdays, and, as I have to travel a fair distance to get there, it might be a while yet). And, this is paying for it privately.

Even tho' the clinic advertises a body composition scan, you can't have a scan for a non-medical reason in the UK. As it happens, with my history of accidents etc., it's quite straightforward to list various fracture sites and joints that need to be monitored but it does seem like a ridiculous set of hoops. (They provide a full report in which the body composition information is regarded as 'incidental'.)

I hope that my LBM is much higher than the Bod Pod reported in a way - but then I'd be horrified to think that the technology could have such a ludicrous error without it being caught (as you know, the one I used was in a university research department). On the other hand, if I had an LBM of 100lbs or so (still lower than everybody else's here), I think it would be more obvious IYSWIM - because I'd be 17% BF as opposed to 42%. Using the visual scale, I look like I'm 20-25% BF - but at 25%, that would put me at 90lbs LBM (better than <77lbs but even then, much less than others).
Old 02-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
I know so little about this I had to look up what LBM stands for.
However, after reading this, I am going to try for more protein.
I think I will start w/ yogurt and eggs.
I am afraid if I start on 'bars' it will end badly.
I am not strong enough yet for treats as I proved w/ the cheesecake bites.
Wait~ there must be protein in cheesecake, right? LOL
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:56 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
111llbs at 140lbs is approx. 20% BF and yes, 106lbm at 135lbs is roughly 22% BF.

I'm all for people retaining as much of their LBM as they can as it's a fantastic way of having plenty of reserves to handle blood sugar management (assuming someone doesn't have dysregulation of their blood sugar and is appropriately insulin sensitive). Plus, LBM from a dunk tank is an undifferentiated amalgam of bones, muscle etc. and I tend to think of those things as useful.

I'll write this up at some point when I have more confirmation about my composition (I had a BodPod which reported horrendous results) - but, put it this way, you currently have approx. 34lbs more LBM than I do (NB, I don't have any metabolic dysfunction). I'd give a lot to have an LBM in that range and the metabolic flexibility that is its corollary in someone who is healthy and without metabolic complications.
Jeeze, my math has been quite off. Yes, those things are quite useful!

Quote:
It's a production to be scheduled in the UK I had to apply to the clinic and present a case for why I wanted the scan, the case had to go to an approvals committee and last Thursday, I heard that I've been accepted for a scan, now I just to navigate the hazards of their appointment system (the clinic only scans on Mondays-Wednesdays, and, as I have to travel a fair distance to get there, it might be a while yet). And, this is paying for it privately.

Even tho' the clinic advertises a body composition scan, you can't have a scan for a non-medical reason in the UK. As it happens, with my history of accidents etc., it's quite straightforward to list various fracture sites and joints that need to be monitored but it does seem like a ridiculous set of hoops. (They provide a full report in which the body composition information is regarded as 'incidental'.)

I hope that my LBM is much higher than the Bod Pod reported in a way - but then I'd be horrified to think that the technology could have such a ludicrous error without it being caught (as you know, the one I used was in a university research department). On the other hand, if I had an LBM of 100lbs or so (still lower than everybody else's here), I think it would be more obvious IYSWIM - because I'd be 17% BF as opposed to 42%. Using the visual scale, I look like I'm 20-25% BF - but at 25%, that would put me at 90lbs LBM (better than <77lbs but even then, much less than others).
I shall read up on the differences between Bodpod, Dunk tank, DEXA. Good luck with the DEXA. I'll be keeping an eye out for a post of results
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:48 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Good weight loss battle cry:

PROTECT THE LBM!!!!!!
haha! yes!!!