Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Taking a weekend break from JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/822797-taking-weekend-break-juddd.html)

BroadwayBaby 02-16-2014 12:22 PM

Taking a weekend break from JUDDD

On Valentine's Day I woke up with a scratchy throat but didn't think nothing of it, then on Saturday I woke up, scratch now a lump and my sinuses all stuffed. NO I CAN'T HAVE A COLD! We have rehearsals, tech and previews all next week plus I have THREE auditions. NO! NO! NO! To top it off it was SNOWING yesterday! So after rehearsal I went home got a couple quarts of my favorite Chicken wonton egg drop soup from my neighborhood Chinese takeout place, a bottle of orange/carrot juice, Zicam and some 50% off Valentine's chocolate! LOL! Yesterday was an UD so it didn't matter but today I'm still trying to nip this thing in the bud! More soup, juice and Zicam. I just decided I wasn't going to fret about calories today but concentrate on getting better. I'll get back into rotations tomorrow or Tuesday. But I just love how in control that makes me feel. No guilt. Just taking a few days break and right back on track. Love this WOE! PS. In this month's issue of "Womens Health" there is a great article on I.F. dieting and it's pretty pro I.F. I found it funny they used a term I thought I made up! "Hangry" Angry cuz you're hungry=HANGRY! lol! Anyway I find it interesting I don't get hangry since I've started JUDDING!!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Off to take more Zicam...

KeirasMom 02-16-2014 01:15 PM

Feel better soon!

tangolover 02-16-2014 01:42 PM

I woke up sick too. I'm eating soup and tangerines today. BTW - I love your word, hangry! Hope you (and I) shrug this thing off soon! :console:

Carly 02-16-2014 02:38 PM

Feel better!

I have found that the longer I JUDDD the less I get sick and the less sick I get when I actually get sick.

Librarygirl 02-16-2014 02:47 PM

Hope you feel better soon!

Kissa 02-16-2014 03:03 PM

Hugs to the poorly ones.

gotitnow 02-16-2014 07:52 PM

((((BB)))) Hugs to feel better pronto!

That soup and plenty of :sleepy: sound good!

Phyl:heart:

gotsomeold 02-17-2014 04:58 AM

[QUOTE=Carly;16802453... I have found that the longer I JUDDD the less I get sick and the less sick I get when I actually get sick.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it amazing? I got through an admittedly strange Autumn without taking a single anti-histamine. A few years ago I had a standing prescription for every Spring and Fall.

Feel better Broadway! Keep drinking that soup!

Green 02-17-2014 05:29 AM

Aw feel better! I had a weekend break as well but wasn't sick. Friends visiting from out of town, best friend's bday, vday. Lots of social eating! Back to it today! Hope you're well and back to it also.

Haha "hangry!" My BF uses that term to describe me on some days.

LoCarbGal 02-17-2014 09:41 AM

Feel better BB and Tango! :hugs::hugs:

tangolover 02-17-2014 08:25 PM

Thanks, guys! I'm much better today. Looking forward to another week of JUDDDing!:up:

BroadwayBaby 02-18-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangolover (Post 16804061)
Thanks, guys! I'm much better today. Looking forward to another week of JUDDDing!:up:

I second that! It was so nice to read all the get well wishes! I think this "entity" may be leaving! This morning was the worst but I took more medicine slept all day and woke up just a little bit ago, took a shower and feel so much better! Tango, glad to hear you're feeling better too! I haven't left my apartment since Saturday afternoon!!! Had to miss rehearsal and an audition today. Bummed, but I was like death earlier today. Had a couple hard boiled eggs, dry toast and some soup. Feel so much better. Think I will just get back on rotations today as a DD!