Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: elisheva
Stats: 186/185/130
WOE: 4:3 IF
Start Date: Feb 10, 2014
Intestinal Distress - HELP (TMI)

A few days ago when attempting a DD, I didn't eat anything until about 2 pm. When I did (a bowl of Special K Strawberries and Rice Milk, as I am lactose intolerant), I had to run to the bathroom shortly after as there was "leakage" when I passed gas.

The same is happening today. I had a bulletproof coffee (so fat from the coconut oil) and then a Progresso Vegetable Classics Hearty Pasta. Again, I experienced "leakage" when passing gas.

I was very, very ill about 3 years ago. As in, I dropped from 180 to 130 in 6 months because I was eating very minimally and blandly (dry toast, potatoes, rice). One of my symptoms was leakage. I was actually diagnosed with PTSD from that illness.

I can't go back to living that way - wondering if I could go somewhere after eating due to fear of needing a bathroom.

Please tell me this is normal?
elisheva is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
When I first started JUDDD, I saw a lot of talk about people getting constipated when they started. When I started, I had the opposite problem , though not as severe as what you are saying. I was doing full fast DDs and it would usually happen the night of the DD and sometimes the next morning.

However, it passed (ha!) after about a week and half or so.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisheva View Post
A few days ago when attempting a DD, I didn't eat anything until about 2 pm. When I did (a bowl of Special K Strawberries and Rice Milk, as I am lactose intolerant), I had to run to the bathroom shortly after as there was "leakage" when I passed gas.

The same is happening today. I had a bulletproof coffee (so fat from the coconut oil) and then a Progresso Vegetable Classics Hearty Pasta. Again, I experienced "leakage" when passing gas.

I was very, very ill about 3 years ago. As in, I dropped from 180 to 130 in 6 months because I was eating very minimally and blandly (dry toast, potatoes, rice). One of my symptoms was leakage. I was actually diagnosed with PTSD from that illness.

I can't go back to living that way - wondering if I could go somewhere after eating due to fear of needing a bathroom.

Please tell me this is normal?
This is Not Normal. Many of us had issues with constipation, but I have rarely heard of this type of reaction. However, coconut oil makes me sick (and gain like crazy). Have you added anything else like a fiber supplement or gluc powder that could be causing this?

You said you were already fasting twice a week, IIRC, so I would think your body would be adapted to fasting.

Try eliminating coconut oil if that is new to you, but you may want to call your doctor if this is something that seems similar to what you experienced in the past.

75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I second looking at your food choices to see if you've added something new that might be adding to your upset. CO makes me GGGGOOOOOO!!!!!! Coffee with HWC does the same thing without the urgency. (So much so, in fact, I worry that if I were to give it up, I might have potty problems.) Anyway, I wonder if, because you've changed the quantity of food you're eating if 1) you've changed the type of food which is upsetting your GI tract or 2) you've lost the buffering effect of the bulk so now something that used to be okay is now quite upsetting.
I'd start with the fat, since fat increases gastric emptying and GI transit time (ie: makes it faster) and see if that's the cause.
But, no, not normal.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
I have had problems like that with low carb high fat, but not on JUDDD.
I hope you figure it out.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I have been all over the map since starting JUDDD. I've had some fairly nasty constipation, and I've also had some pretty urgent diarrhea. I agree with Carly and Jen, it may be the CO. I too must GO after CO, and also after Coffee/HWC like Jen. No "real" urgency, but imminent. I sympathize with you about how traumatic this could be if it went on and on. This may sound really stupid, but is there any way you can avoid passing gas unless you get to the bathroom, or is it just very sudden and uncontrollable? Best of luck getting this resolved!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!

Last edited by LoCarbGal; 02-13-2014 at 09:56 PM..
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:28 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Add my voice to the list: if CO is new, remove the CO. Most people can handle it with ease. But some bodies just plain can't.

If CO is not new, is there anything else 'new' you are eating?

Leakage is not commonly reported with JUDDD. With your history if this does not react to modified diet quickly, I think it is doctor time.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:39 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
I had this problem and was finally diagnosed with IBS. After giving up gluten and most dairy it went away. Also I was using a lot of Splenda and that messes with your gut bacteria really bad so I gave that up too. Now I am much better. I use CO every morning. No issues. I hope you get it figured out as it is not fun.
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:11 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: elisheva
Stats: 186/185/130
WOE: 4:3 IF
Start Date: Feb 10, 2014
The first time, all I are was the strawberry Special K with rice milk. But maybe the CO bothered me this time.
elisheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DrwhoTardisRose
Stats: Start/168/current/143/goal/120
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 1, 2014
I had similar reaction my first month on JUDDD but, mine was a lot of intestinal pain with loose stool. I think from what I have read on other sites if you are getting something that does not agree with you first thing after a DD then that can happen. I hope it gets resolved for you...mine did. Try eating some fruit the morning after instead of cereal... I also had issues with eggs and bacon at first but I do fine with them now.
DrwhoTardisRose is offline   Reply With Quote