Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 05:15 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Back to regular eating for me. I'm tired of grease and vegetables, and I can't eat lean plus no carbs. It's a DD today.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2014, 07:06 AM   #32
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
For me, when I was first doing JUDDD, I ate whatever I wanted (carb wise). Once I had that out of my system, I stayed relatively low-carb - not more than 100-120g tops, usually around 50 or less - and the weight was falling off.
(No, I don't know why I changed plans , except for some reason I started having night time eating problems on DDs).
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
For me, when I was first doing JUDDD, I ate whatever I wanted (carb wise). Once I had that out of my system, I stayed relatively low-carb - not more than 100-120g tops, usually around 50 or less - and the weight was falling off.
(No, I don't know why I changed plans , except for some reason I started having night time eating problems on DDs).
This is exactly how it's working out for me, also.

I had to tame that night time eating, and still do, on occasion.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I'm a little (well, a lot) frustrated today too, Nilla. I haven't cheated once in 11 days, and have gone right back up to what I was on day one of LC. Back to JUDDD tomorrow.
I saw that yesterday in the other thread. I might have asked this before, although I'm sure others must have. Did you ever do what Dawn did and go on maintenace for a few weeks, then go back to your JUDDD losing levels?

Quote:
Back when I did JUDDD originally, I wasn't LC and lost those 14 lbs. I counted my DD calories, but not my UD's (M/W/F), and did well. I have trouble with nigh time eating, too, so I try to wait late in the day to have any food. I wondered if/why you left JUDDD!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #35
Administrator

Vanilla it was family related stress
My mother was having some health issues, so it fell on me (and my DH) to handle her and my grandmother, so I was pretty frazzled and I couldn't stick to any plan.
The situation hasn't changed, but I'm coping with it all better (most days ).
End of thread jack
Old 02-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Back to regular eating for me. I'm tired of grease and vegetables, and I can't eat lean plus no carbs. It's a DD today.
Better watch out or the LC police will come after you.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Vanilla it was family related stress
My mother was having some health issues, so it fell on me (and my DH) to handle her and my grandmother, so I was pretty frazzled and I couldn't stick to any plan.
The situation hasn't changed, but I'm coping with it all better (most days ).
End of thread jack
Aw, . Wherebouts in SE Texas do you live? (PM me if you don't wanna say. Talk about thread jack!!)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #39
Administrator

Just South of Houston
Old 02-12-2014, 09:52 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
The first time I found JUDDD and started, I had come off of 3 months of Dukan which is LC/LF. I really had a LC mindset and found myself trying to stay LC most of the time.

This time when I re-started JUDDD I read a lot of the newer books about IF, EOD, ADF, 5:2, JUDDD, etc. I decided I wanted the simplicity and satisfaction of just eating whatever I wanted to.

I'm definitely not losing as fast as I would if I was strictly LC. But I find that what comes off stays off. There are the expected bounces after UDs, but it comes right back off after DDs.

This WOE, including carbs, is way more satisfying for me and I find myself concentrating on one thing at a time. That is, mostly concentrating on having the best DDs I can have and not worrying about the rest.

At first, if I had a really carby supper on an UD I was super hungry on my next DD. Now that has worked itself out and it's just not true anymore. After about 7+ weeks on JUDDD it does not matter what I eat on my UD or when. I'm no more hungry on the DD no matter what. This is good! I'm going to blame it on the sirtuins building up in me.

Also, in the beginning I was going to try not counting on UDs to keep things really simple. Then I downloaded a calorie counter on my Kindle and found I couldn't help myself and was counting every UD for a couple of weeks.

Now I'm more relaxed. My appetite seems to be really regulating itself on UDs (probably a side effect of sirtuin enzymes) and so sometimes I count, sometimes I don't.

I've lost 10 pounds, I'm back down one size in my jeans and I'm actually feeling thinner, feeling like I can continue this woe for a long time, and I'm feeling very satisfied and happy. Probably because I sense this feeling of accomplishment and success.

I'm not in a hurry to lose. What's the rush? My priority is to get the fat off and keep it off. I always hated the cheat pounds that came back so quickly on LC when I would blow it even a little bit one day. I just don't have that right now with JUDDD.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I'm not in a hurry to lose. What's the rush?
I am, dammit! Shorts weather will be here before we know it and I don't want to have to go through another summer in my fat clothes.

#impatienceisavirtue
Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Ok. I feel better.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ok. I feel better.

Me thinks I have a bad taste in my mouth from fast weight loss the last time around. LC got 30 pounds off me in race car driver speed. I kept it off for a while with LC/JUDDD combo.

When life's stress and tragedies knocked me off my feet, the weight came back with lightning speed.

All that LC torture for naught.

I'm choosing sanity and happiness and sustainability over the big quick whoosh down and back up.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 02-12-2014 at 10:20 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, and Frosty? Men always have great legs. You guys just don't have much fat in your legs so shorts will look great on you while you are shrinking.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #45
Administrator

Quote:
Oh, and Frosty? Men always have great legs. You guys just don't have much fat in your legs so shorts will look great on you while you are shrinking.
I agree! My DH dressed like a cheerleader one halloween (don't judge lol) and his legs looked better than mine
Old 02-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #46
Administrator

uh, I should probably add that it was a "Revenge of the Nerds" theme and we did the "jocks" talent show piece
Old 02-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I agree! My DH dressed like a cheerleader one halloween (don't judge lol) and his legs looked better than mine
Old 02-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
uh, I should probably add that it was a "Revenge of the Nerds" theme and we did the "jocks" talent show piece
No judging here.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well, of course I have great legs. The problem is finding shorts that fit me in the waist and don't have huge floppy legs. I feel like I am wearing skorts.

I have some great A&F shorts that fit perfectly but I'm too fat to wear them currently.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

I feel like such a wishy-washy person right now. I have preached about how LC is the "right" way to eat--sugar bad. fat good. Now I'm waffling on that. I still know that lots of carbs are not as good for me as lower carbs and "real" food, but I just can't do it right now. I reserve the right to go back to preaching what IS right and wrong. Obviously, with my success, I know all the right answers.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Well, of course I have great legs. The problem is finding shorts that fit me in the waist and don't have huge floppy legs. I feel like I am wearing skorts.
OK. Now you made me spit out my coffee through my nose. Laughing and snorting at the skorts remark. I got this picture in my head. And the skorts are plaid. Flapping around. Don't bend over.

Quote:
I feel like such a wishy-washy person right now. I have preached about how LC is the "right" way to eat--sugar bad. fat good. Now I'm waffling on that. I still know that lots of carbs are not as good for me as lower carbs and "real" food, but I just can't do it right now. I reserve the right to go back to preaching what IS right and wrong. Obviously, with my success, I know all the right answers.
Since you know low carb is better for you, can you kind of gravitate toward stuff you really love that is lower carb without torturing yourself?

I accidentally came across something in the deli section of my grocery store that I love, love, love and now I have to have it on hand at all times.

It is New York Deli Sourdough Lower Carb Wraps. They are huge! And only 80 calories for one. 10 grams of fiber in one wrap!!!

On UDs I eat them with all kinds of food in them. Ground beef or turkey, onions, lettuce, jalapeno peppers, sometimes tuna with mayo, or beans with salsa. Eggs. Anything that you can think of tastes good in a sourdough wrap!

On DDs I cut one in half if I want something to kill hunger and I put tuna or eggs in it. Or chicken strips. Or lean beef. Whatever.

It feels like I'm going carb crazy but I'm not.

I keep bags of steam fresh veggies in the freezer. I'll nuke a whole bag of the corn/asparagus mix and slather it in butter in a big bowl while it's hot. That feels so decadent and carby.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
I'm with you sister. I know eating "whole foods" is best...

but man I want my cake too! And pizza!
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #53

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
I'm with you sister. I know eating "whole foods" is best...

but man I want my cake too! And pizza!
How about the "whole" cake and the "whole" pizza?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #54

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Yam, those wraps sound good. I love a good sourdough flavor. What's the brand, pretty please?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:17 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
How about the "whole" cake and the "whole" pizza?
I never mention portion sizes for a reason!
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrie jayne
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybarometer View Post
I can't seem to hit ketosis even on 20g - I can usually tell when I'm in it, and maybe my body just doesn't react the same to it as it use to? I don't know... Maybe I should get the sticks next time I try, but I heard that they are inaccurate as well.
I never got into ketosis when I did LC last year, even when I switched to just protein (and cream in my coffee) for 1 1/2 weeks. But I didn't gain weight and didn't have indigestion, so I plan to go back to it after losing some weight on JUDDD.
carrie jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Yam, those wraps sound good. I love a good sourdough flavor. What's the brand, pretty please?
I'll copy every thing the front of the package says:

TUMARO'S "Today's the Day" NEW YORK DELI-STYLE WRAPS"

and then in really big white letter's with a bright yellow background: LET'S SKIP THE SANDWICH.

Then with orange background: SOURDOUGH LOW-IN-CARB DELI-STYLE WRAPS. 80 CALORIES AND EIGHT NET CARBS.

I also have the same brand in "EVERYTHING LOW-IN-CARBS...80 calories & six net carbs.

The first one has 9 grams of fiber, the second one has 10 grams of fiber.

Really, really good for my digestive system for sure.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Tumaro’s Low-in-Carb Wraps are the winner of SF&WB’s Best Products of 2013
February 3, 2014
Tumaro's Low-in-Carbs Wraps

With more than 48% of the votes, Tumaro’s Low-in-Carb Wraps are the winner of Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery’s Best New Snack & Bakery Products of 2013. The low-carb, low-fat wraps are produced by Tumaro’s, Providence, R.I. Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Cups from Pepperidge Farm, Norwalk, Conn., came in second with 43% of the votes, while Tortatos from RW Garcia, San Jose, Calif., garnered 4% of the votes.

In December, the editors of Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery reviewed the new products featured in 2013 and selected their 10 favorite bakery and snack food products based on originality, packaging and taste. The finalists were posted on (deleted web site link - me) and Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery readers were invited to vote for their favorites, via social media platforms and the magazine’s website, through Jan. 31.

Just found that when I Googled Tumaro's. Cool.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 02-12-2014 at 11:38 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

I bought some of those wraps Monday, and they are okay. I'd almost rather eat the meat without it though lol. Feels like a lot of dry bread. Might be good to cut into triangles and bake for tortillas...I ate mine with chicken salad and it was not the best--maybe with the turkey I bought and havarti cheese...or I might just use hamburger buns.

Yep, I know "whole" foods are better for me, but I also know I like cookies, cake, candy, pizza, etc. and saying I'm not going to eat those foods anymore would be a lie.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 02-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

I keep mine in the fridge in the sealed package. Then I microwave for 12-15 seconds. They seem really moist to me, not dry. Check the expiration date?