Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
Fibroids and JUDDD

A question for you incredibly clever JUDDDers. Dr J believes ADF relieved symptoms and inflammation in his small asthma study, and other research shows it may help in prevention of other diseases, alzheimers, diabetes, endo and breast cancers. I'm wondering if anyone here has had any relief from fibroids with JUDDD??

I've got 2 huge ones and I am looking down the barrel of major surgery to remove. My doc and I have adopted a "wait and see" approach of 3 months to see if they go down of their own accord. If they increase in size I will have to go the surgery route and I'm petrified. Apart from the size of them they don't give me any grief or symptoms. I'm JUDDDing perfectly to try and get rid of the mothers; my own N=1 but has anyone got any personal experience?

If you can get to the point where you can eat one unit of a trigger food (e.g. white chocolate covered licorice ball) whilst in a craving state, but stop right after, then you are a Jedi master and nothing can stand in your way

"I am what I ate...and I'm frightened"....Bill Cosby
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2014, 06:45 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I haven't personally. I believe Tanya was dealing with them a year or so ago, and I don't think JUDDD helped, but I believe she had a severe case. I could be mistaken though. Maybe search for Krow (her user name).
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Can't help you with personal experience, but I sure wish you well!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:10 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
I just read this article from AARP, 4 Surgeries to Avoid:

3. Hysterectomy for Uterine Fibroids
Each year approximately 600,000 American women have hysterectomies, or removal of the uterus, and studies show that the vast majority are unnecessary. A hysterectomy is critical when the patient has cancer (which is the case for about 10 percent of those women). But most patients undergo the procedure for quality-of-life concerns such as heavy bleeding or pain caused by uterine fibroids — benign growths in the uterine wall.

Complications are common. Women who undergo a hysterectomy have a 60 percent increased risk of incontinence by age 60, a University of California, San Francisco study found. A hysterectomy that includes removal of the ovaries — an oophorectomy — throws the patient into instant menopause. These patients also face a higher risk of heart disease and lung cancer, says William Parker, M.D., author of A Gynecologist's Second Opinion and lead investigator of a 2009 study on the long-term health consequences of hysterectomy.

Alternatives to surgery

If you suffer from uterine fibroids, ask your doctor about other options, including uterine-artery embolization, in which the arteries leading to the uterus are blocked, causing the fibroids to stop growing. You might also consider a new procedure, focused ultrasound, which shrinks fibroids via ultrasound waves. "It's kind of amazing that we've had all these alternative procedures for many years and they haven't gained a lot of traction," says Parker.

I know not every surgery is avoidable but it's nice to know there are options.