Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
Doing good but having trouble with DD's again...

Hi All, I've been lurking for a few weeks and have been JUDDDing since Jan. 1, I'm doing good, lost about 7 pounds in the first month. My issue is my Down Days have been getting tougher and tougher, at first they were a breeze (I started with 600 cals on my DDs as 500 were killer) but they have been edging up, my last one was 760! I think I need to do more protein on DDs, did mostly fruits and veggies yesterday and was ready to eat the dog and the kids by 3:00!! I did find out the hard way grapes are a big no no, they make me sooooo hungry after 1 hour, must be all the sugar. I'm actually scared for tomorrow. I do not want to lose it and quit.

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Add some protein and do remember to drink plenty of water.

If you keep a dairy look back at what you were eating earlier. when you were managing on 600. Are you someone who like to eat little and often? Do you need to chew? Are you better with plenty of bulk or is a little fat more to your taste?

And please, do post often. If you share your battles it really helps. Use the daily UD and DD threads. We are here to help Becky.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
was ready to eat the dog and the kids by 3:00!!

Don't do it!!!! If they ate carbs before you eat them, it will make you hungrier! (I couldn't resist!)

First of all, congratulations on losing 7 pounds!!! That is quite, quite awesome!

You are having DDs that are a little on the higher side, but if you are still losing, don't beat yourself up.

Do as many of us have done and write down all your DD ranges from the calculator from lowest to highest and everywhere in between. You are still getting the health benefits of a fasting DD even if it's a higher percentage, as long as it's still in WLM range.

Right-O. Don't eat grapes on DDs. Try blueberries instead. Look at a GI and GL list and if you are going to eat fruit, only eat ones that do not elicit an insulin response. That's what makes you hungry.

On my DDs I always have a few hard boiled eggs in the fridge in case of emergency hunger. (except we always say "hunger is NOT an emergency". ). Just one hard boiled egg and wait 15 minutes. Drink a glass of water or better yet a glass of water with the juice of a lemon squeezed in on top (and lots of ice). Oh, and use a hand juicer to get every bit of juice out.

You might find that your appetite absolutely disappears. I do.

Do you take Pterostilbene? I was not sold on it until I read the threads about it. I had tried a long time ago to just take 50 mg per day and didn't notice any help so I quit. But, after reading the threads I started taking 150 mg per day in the morning. Seriously, it helps to dampen my appetite. I really don't even think about food until way late in the day on a DD.

Hang in there! Don't quit! There is no failing and no guilt in JUDDDing. There are only adjustments and living your life on your terms. If one DD is way too tough for whatever reason -- hormonal -- stress -- social obligations -- ...just turn it into a MD or an UD. Then go from there.

A lot of people have said that after a few really tough and hungry DDs, they see a drop on the scale. I'm that's what you are in for!

Big Hugs!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 02-05-2014 at 02:51 PM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
Personally I am in favour of complete fasting on DD's as it frees preoccupation with food. It's like I can't eat today, it's not an option and that's it, but I know this is difficult. I wouldn't recommend fruit on an empty stomach unless you buffer it with some greek yoghurt or cheese. It's like feeding sugar in your hungry body otherwise and grapes..eeek.. I hate water but I keep a small chinese tea cup near the sink and everytime I'm hungry I slug down 3 cups... I hate water sadly and it tastes so horrible it chases away all my hunger. I just can't drink water from a bottle but if I slug it down in a small cup it seems to work for me. What about miracle rice stir fried in chicken stock with some meat/veggies. Also protein powder, water, spinach leaves, stevia and pinch of glucommanan powder mixed into a shake and sipped slowly - very filling. Make sure it's a pinch of glucommanan; I remember once mixing a pile of it in a shake and it was so filling it backflowed out of my gut back up my throat...scary.

If you can get to the point where you can eat one unit of a trigger food (e.g. white chocolate covered licorice ball) whilst in a craving state, but stop right after, then you are a Jedi master and nothing can stand in your way

"I am what I ate...and I'm frightened"....Bill Cosby
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #5

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I love Ptero, and take it daily, but I worry about recommending any 'drug', though if asked I would say, get it!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I love Ptero, and take it daily, but I worry about recommending any 'drug', though if asked I would say, get it!
Hmmmmmm..... good thought. We should add a disclaimer...."Ask your doctor before taking this or any supplement"...

Or, just do a bunch of research on the web using trusted sites. Read reviews. Look up side effects.

When I Googled Ptero side effects I didn't find any. Of course, some sites noted that it has not been tested for a long enough time to come to any solid conclusions.

I would say, start with a low dose and work your way up. OK. we're safe now!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Becky!! You've done really well so far, so don't beat yourself up. Lots of people struggle with DDs at one time or another. Myself definitely included. If you need to have 800 or more on DDs, it won't hurt you. Sometimes you just need a break and higher DDs for a while before you feel able to start fresh.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
If I start to eat, I just want to eat more. I actually don't get hungry until I eat.

That said I think fruit would cripple a DD for me.

I find soup or salad very filling for just 100 or so calories.

Lots of
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:42 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Becky, this is all great advice! ^^^ I KNOW you are gonna work through this!

You have done great so far and you WILL get past this bump in the road! Tomorrow may very well feel just the opposite for you! Best of luck sweetie-heart.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:46 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you all for the kind words and suggestions, I now have a lot to look up! I have noticed that I don't tend to get hungry till I eat solid food. My morning coffee actually cuts any hunger I may have in the morning, though I typically am not hungry till at least 11:00, if I'm busy I can go till 2:00 or so! I'm going to TRY an all liquid day today and see how that goes. I really think staying busy and eating more protein are the keys for me (I love hard boiled eggs, they are truely lifesavers some days!). My lovely husband is buying me a serger for a massively early Birthday gift so playing with that will keep my mind away from food for hopefully hours at a time...the fashion designer in me will finally be unleashed!! If they come out good I'll post pictures of my "creations"....hehe!

My dog would be pretty good to eat, she is on a grain free diet so she would be healthier than my kiddos, though both looked pretty tasty that "I'm staaaaaaaarving" day!

Last edited by Becky; 02-06-2014 at 05:48 AM..
Old 02-06-2014, 08:08 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Yes Becky you are the normal! Eating brkft causes most people to want more food.
So try drinking broth on dd until u actually feel u need to eat.
I get a little head rush, not in a good way, little headache, shaky feeling. I head to more broth and that fixes me again.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #12

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I'm so glad you posted your frustrations, Becky. Getting input and support from these wonderful ladies is such a relief. They've carried me through many a day!

My DD ended up at 673 yesterday, and I planned it that way. I began the day planning for 500, but I am consciously trying to get in more protein, so changed my mind to allow for another greek yogurt. I think varying DD calories (and UD for that matter) can really help keep the body guessing and may help it to release fat. Just my theory.

Eating later in the day has been a lifesaver for me. I, too, get hungry the second anything solid goes in my mouth. Just keep listening to what your body is telling you (not your head! It'll get easier to tell them apart as you go along) and learn what works best for you.

You're doing great!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks again ladies! I am doing pretty good today, had my morning coffee (110) and have been drinking loads of water, flavored water and a little Diet Coke (quit Diet Pepsi....started up on Diet Coke! ). It is now almost 1:30 and am planning for a can of soup at around 2:30 (200) I was planning on having some boullion but remembered I forgot to buy it last week.... gotta plan better and stick to a list! So not a liquid DD but the soup will be my only "solid". I am aiming for 600 or less, 500 is my ultimate goal.

Edited to add: keeping busy is a very helpful thing for me, I dropped off my son at school, had a doctor's appointment this AM (stupid knee!!!) then had to pick my son up, then worked on shoveling the driveway to clear it more from snowblowing yesterday, this is the first time I have sat down all day (except for driving) .

Last edited by Becky; 02-06-2014 at 11:36 AM..
Old 02-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
One of my favorite 'eating' Down Day menus is 4oz of fish fried in 1t butter (133kcals) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That gives 60g P and 11gF, for a satiating day.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:45 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wanttolose70
Stats: 163/139/125
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
Hi all,

I wasn't sure if anyone commented on this but are you eating enough on your UP Days. I was doing really good but yesterday (my UD) i don't think i ate nearly enough calories and woke up starving (not normal for me) just a thought. Good luck on your journey!
wanttolose70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttolose70 View Post
Hi all,

I wasn't sure if anyone commented on this but are you eating enough on your UP Days. I was doing really good but yesterday (my UD) i don't think i ate nearly enough calories and woke up starving (not normal for me) just a thought. Good luck on your journey!
I have 1700 UD, and yes I have noticed when I fall anywhere short of that I am Starving for my DD. I have been being careful about getting in all my cals, but as of late it's funny, on UD's I'm NOT hungry and on DD's I'm famished....go figure!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wanttolose70
Stats: 163/139/125
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I have 1700 UD, and yes I have noticed when I fall anywhere short of that I am Starving for my DD. I have been being careful about getting in all my cals, but as of late it's funny, on UD's I'm NOT hungry and on DD's I'm famished....go figure!

Man Becky, i wish that was the case for me. I just got so busy with work i didn't notice i hadn't eaten enough on my UD to match my calories. And i struggled really bad yesterday. Luckily i made it through with under 500 calories and today is an UD. So I'm going to be very conscientious about what how many calories i intake. I love that i have to make sure i eat enough... what a wonderful crazy world of JUDDDing!

i hope you made it through you DD.

Happy Friday!
wanttolose70 is offline   Reply With Quote