Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Tuesday ~ What's on your agenda? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/822141-ud-tuesday-whats-your-agenda.html)

KeirasMom 02-04-2014 07:42 AM

UD Tuesday ~ What's on your agenda?

I'm excited for today's UD. I haven't had my beloved Banh Mi in 3 weeks!!

B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee, iced tea
L: Banh Mi with Sriracha
D: ??
Chardonnay, well duh!

Patkid 02-04-2014 08:11 AM

I am restarting with an up day.
My main goals for today are to log food, drink water and read lots of threads on the forum for encouragement.
B: some hashbrowns and an egg
L: A Lean Cuisine and 1 slice of 35 cal bread and smear of butter
D: Tilapia and lots of fresh veggies. (will do a calorie check and decide on a baked Yam)
S: 80 cal yogurt
carrots at will
Bouillon (very high sodium but I have a bunch to use up and then I need to learn about making bone broth.)
Depending on calories and mood maybe a cocktail ....During my year hiatus I have managed one huge accomplishment. I no longer drink any sugary alcohol. I don't really like most of what I allow myself so the temptation for a cocktail is much less than before when I was having Kahlua or Bailey's. That is a big win for me.

sorenkkg 02-04-2014 08:18 AM

Hi!
I'm in the office today for a big meeting...

B: starbucks Venti skinny late (160) and a "hearty bacon sandwich" which had cheese and bacon and egg white... I put it in at 320, but emailed corporate bc this new sandwich isn't on the nutrition list.

L: might skip

D: not sure, but hey, I've got all the calories to spend :)

LoCarbGal 02-04-2014 08:47 AM

Feeling lots of freedom today, since dinner is pretty lo-cal. Fun!

B: Coffee/HWC x 2
L: Salmon salad
D: Vodka gimlet, 2 bowls chili
D: There might be something....

Target: 1800-2000 cals

Scarlett46 02-04-2014 09:02 AM

B: egg, ham, coffee
L: leftover spaghetti w/ veggies
S: oatmeal, coffee
D: I don't know!!! Running out of ideas and getting bored with the same old stuff... Might be time to plan weekly menus for a while.

S: Coffee, trail mix or ice cream (depending on dinner)

ladybarometer 02-04-2014 10:54 AM

I've NOT eaten good today, and I'm paying for it with an icky belly.

I've been eating what I can grab today since I'm so busy at work. I had a bagel and cream cheese for both breakfast and lunch, I've had two bag, TWO BAGS (1oz bags :hyst:) of chips, and Pretzel M&Ms!

For dinner I'm having baked chicken and a potato - so I'll end the day around a not so proud 1700 calories or so.

Of course, I should be getting more, so I'll probably enjoy an extra piece of chicken ;)

Yam-Yam 02-04-2014 04:02 PM

UD for me. I'm usually hungry for something specific on UDs. But not today. Not super hungry and nothing sounds that interesting. But I want to eat. So, I've been grazing and snacking on a little bit of this and that.

I started off with fat free hot chocolate with coconut oil. Maybe that spoiled my appetite.

I had half a sandwich and some chips with sour cream. Just now I had a bowl of cereal and I guess that will be my dinner. Or maybe I'll have a soft taco for dinner. DH had to go to a business meeting so I don't have to cook tonight. Leftovers are good.

Anyway, it's strange but I'm looking forward to tomorrow's DD!!

Librarygirl 02-04-2014 04:15 PM

B-coffee w/HWC
1/2 c. cottage cheese and 1/2 cup strawberries w/ss

L-small chicken thigh and cabbage w/onions (leftovers from last night)

s-one serving Reese cups (SF)

D-boneless pork chops baked with onions, covered with a mayo-based sauce and shredded cheddar, fried green beans w/steak seasoning and bacon

merlot :)

LiLi914 02-04-2014 07:01 PM

B: Bagel thin w/ cc and two boiled eggs
L: Yellow fin tuna on deli select, special k chili lime chips, grapes and chobani flip yogurt
D: Sesame chicken and asparagus

I had a piece of ice cream cake just now. I love Carvel ice cream cake.

KeirasMom 02-04-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16785930)

Chardonnay, well duh!

D: 4 oz steak, a large artichoke with mayo.
No Chardonnay. Rum and pineapple/coconut ICE instead.

I'm under 1500 calories right now and satisfied, but craving some nut/seed/fruit bread. I may or may not have a piece before bed. :dunno:

Librarygirl 02-04-2014 07:29 PM

Dawn, my bf would like for me to cook artichokes. His mom used to cook them for him--if cook is the right word. Steam? I think he likes to dip the leaves in butter. I wouldn't know what to do with them lol.

KeirasMom 02-04-2014 07:35 PM

I cook them in the microwave (cut the stem off, put a little water in a large bowl, cover with seran wrap, and cook on the "fresh vegetable" setting for the approximate number of "cups" you're cooking). DH made them tonight and put them in steam bags in the microwave. Some people squeeze a little lemon juice on them to keep them from browning, but I don't mind a little brown.

I've had them halved, drizzled with butter and garlic, and roasted -- ordered at a restaurant, so I don't know how long or at what temperature.

Some people like butter or hollandaise sauce on them. I like dipping the leaves in plain old mayo and scraping the "meat" of the leaf off with my teeth. It sounds barbaric, but it's really not.

Librarygirl 02-04-2014 07:43 PM

That's how he said he likes it. I just asked him if he likes to dip them in mayo, and he said, "yeah", lol. Although he is playing NBA2K14. :D The only way I've eaten them is in casseroles or canned.:dunno: I wouldn't even know how to cut the stem. Cut off the whole stem below the bulb?

KeirasMom 02-04-2014 07:44 PM

I cut the stem right at the base of the bulb, but then cook it along with the rest. It's actually one of the tastiest bits.

Librarygirl 02-04-2014 07:47 PM

I'm going to try it. They must be in season because I'm seeing them in the stores now. They aren't available fresh around here year round. Bf lived in CA when he was a child, but I've always lived in S.C., and artichokes are not common here.

KeirasMom 02-04-2014 07:52 PM

We're not terribly far from Castroville (maybe a couple of hours) and that's the artichoke capital of the world. I'm always surprised when someone hasn't had one, or has only had canned or marinated artichoke hearts. It's a whole different thing fresh.

BroadwayBaby 02-04-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16785930)

Chardonnay, well duh!

Oh I love a good Banh Mi!!! In fact I just heard of an amazing place in the west village that has amazing Bahn Mi sannies. Num Pang I think is the name.

KeirasMom 02-05-2014 05:54 AM

Sadly, my place has gone downhill. My sandwich was not that great. There's a new place closer to my office which makes a great Banh Mi, but I'm loyal to the other place. Plus, the new place uses more mayo so I have to recalculate the calories. :o I may need to make the switch. :sad:

Librarygirl 02-05-2014 06:02 AM

Dawn, can't you request less mayo? :) I would. ;) Or no mayo, and add your own.

KeirasMom 02-05-2014 06:40 AM

Well, that would be too easy. Never occurred to me. :confused:

Librarygirl 02-05-2014 06:54 AM

:D

sorenkkg 02-05-2014 10:28 AM

love this thread, LOL! :D

ended the day with some steak, some potato chips, some LC chocolate cake and almond milk

didn't count the cals, but it wasn't UUAD either.