Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 06:55 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tangolover
Stats: 318/306.6/115 5'2" 50
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 25, 2014
After Induction?

Well, I will have completed the two-week induction phase of JUDDD on Saturday. I feel great and I love this WOE. So, I'm thinking about whether I should stick to my original calorie calculations or slow my weight loss by going to 25% or higher.

I'm curious. Did most of you stay at the 20% level for awhile or did you increase your consumption after induction?

Also, what are your thoughts about the ideal speed of weight loss?

Usually, I have heard that slower is better, but I have so much to lose and I was thinking that here at the beginning, faster might be okay and that I might want to slow down later on so I don't "deflate" too quickly. Any advice on that?
tangolover is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 07:30 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I was fairly close to your weight when I started, and I wanted it off YESTERDAY! I stuck to 20% or lower throughout my weight loss, and lost well most of the way through. When I was heavier, I lost about 3 pounds per week, and dropped to about 2 pounds per week as I got closer to goal (rough estimates). I have a lot of loose skin in my midsection, but I don't know that losing more slowly would have really affected that, since I was carrying around so much. I think I'm just stuck with it, and I'm glad I did it more quickly. It really is a personal decision, though, so whatever you decide will be right for you.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
HI Tango!
I really can't say about your weight. But I know about my weight loss. Ifs I'm on a row and losing I'm staying on a row. I usually juggle 10 pounds around, which is hard for me to lose as it is for you to lose.
I love the biggest loser show, mainly BOB Harper.
But I feel there is no need to treat the people like they do. Beat them up for what 16 weeks. Having them Doing unnecessary exercises. ITs nuts, unhealthy. To make a big person run!
What we put in our mouths is why we gain and lose. Not how many times people hit a tire with a hammer. That part of the show is just wrong. But it's TV. They are doing it for money I feel. They are consent adults. I do cry for them at times.. Like shut up Jill! Just saying.
tango I'm with u! Do what feels right for u.now not slow down the train, unless your suffering I. Some way. JUDDD is'Not the B. Loser show. But some people think we are nuts the woe. Success for Tango!
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I was fairly close to your weight when I started, and I wanted it off YESTERDAY! I stuck to 20% or lower throughout my weight loss, and lost well most of the way through. When I was heavier, I lost about 3 pounds per week, and dropped to about 2 pounds per week as I got closer to goal (rough estimates). I have a lot of loose skin in my midsection, but I don't know that losing more slowly would have really affected that, since I was carrying around so much. I think I'm just stuck with it, and I'm glad I did it more quickly. It really is a personal decision, though, so whatever you decide will be right for you.
Thank you for sharing your experience, KM. The only time I've lost over 20 pounds was years ago with the Weight Watchers program and I lost very slowly -about 1 -1.5 pds per week back then. So, I really don't have much dieting experience other than losing the same 20 pounds over and over during the last couple of years on LC diets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
HI Tango!
I really can't say about your weight. But I know about my weight loss. Ifs I'm on a row and losing I'm staying on a row. I usually juggle 10 pounds around, which is hard for me to lose as it is for you to lose.
But I feel there is no need to treat the people like they do. Beat them up for what 16 weeks. Having them Doing unnecessary exercises. ITs nuts, unhealthy. To make a big person run!
What we put in our mouths is why we gain and lose. Not how many times people hit a tire with a hammer. That part of the show is just wrong. But it's TV. They are doing it for money I feel. They are consent adults. I do cry for them at times.. Like shut up Jill! Just saying.
tango I'm with u! Do what feels right for u.now not slow down the train, unless your suffering I. Some way. JUDDD is'Not the B. Loser show. But some people think we are nuts the woe. Success for Tango!
Hi, Eieio! I've watched a few of those shows and I do think they are somewhat over the top with all that training. I wonder how many of them keep the weight off. I could never put myself through that kind of pain. So far, JUDDD is totally painless, lol!

I know what you mean about not wanting to slow things down. I do want the weight off of me so I can do the things I love without feeling like I'm having a heart attack from the exertion! Like tango dancing! I've started some short cardio sessions to help build my stamina. I intend to work out more often and for longer periods as my capacity increases. (But, probably never like they do on B. Loser, lol!)
Old 02-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slimming-up
Stats: 180/134/135 5'7"
WOE: Maintenence - 5:2 (as of 3/1/14)
Start Date: 7/7/13 - JUDDD
I never changed my JUDDD numbers, except to lower my DD and up my UD. The average stayed the same.
I did this because I really like to eat on UD. I'd rather be more restricted when I'm already restricted (DDs), and have more freedom when I'm not.
I lost consistently.
I never wanted to slow the loss, so increasing the DD % number never seemed like a good idea to me.
It might be good for someone who is having a really hard time with DDs, but usually, if you make it past the first 2 weeks, you aren't likely to struggle too much.

I've been reading more and more studies that challenge the long held premise that "slower is better" when it comes to weight loss.

I say do what it takes to stick to your plan and keep your eye on the goal.
Slimming-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
I've used the same numbers throughout the time I've been doing JUDDD...500 on DDs and 1600 on UDs. I don't like doing less on DDs because I really enjoy what I eat and don't want to take it any lower. Besides that, it's still working for me!!!
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I didn't know you were supposed to change DD calories from 500 for quite awhile, and so I stayed there for a few months and continued to lose well. I've had great months, and slow months, and overall, I'd say I've lost on the slow side of normal. I do have a bit of crinkly skin, but I'm very pleased that it's not as bad as I thought it would be, having been so large. Maybe losing a bit slower has helped with that.

I also didn't do any kind of exercise for many months into my WLM. I just didn't feel like moving my big old body then. Plus I didn't want to do anything to upset my losing streak. But I wonder if I'd have more LBM now if I had.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimming-up View Post
I never changed my JUDDD numbers, except to lower my DD and up my UD. The average stayed the same.
I did this because I really like to eat on UD. I'd rather be more restricted when I'm already restricted (DDs), and have more freedom when I'm not.
I lost consistently.
I never wanted to slow the loss, so increasing the DD % number never seemed like a good idea to me.
It might be good for someone who is having a really hard time with DDs, but usually, if you make it past the first 2 weeks, you aren't likely to struggle too much.

I've been reading more and more studies that challenge the long held premise that "slower is better" when it comes to weight loss.

I say do what it takes to stick to your plan and keep your eye on the goal.
Well, no big problems yet on DDs so I may let hunger be my guide with the percentages as I progress. "Do what it takes" sounds like good advice to me! Thanks!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
I've used the same numbers throughout the time I've been doing JUDDD...500 on DDs and 1600 on UDs. I don't like doing less on DDs because I really enjoy what I eat and don't want to take it any lower. Besides that, it's still working for me!!!
Glad it's working for you, shirlc! Yeh, I don't see me going lower than 500 until I am much thinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I didn't know you were supposed to change DD calories from 500 for quite awhile, and so I stayed there for a few months and continued to lose well. I've had great months, and slow months, and overall, I'd say I've lost on the slow side of normal. I do have a bit of crinkly skin, but I'm very pleased that it's not as bad as I thought it would be, having been so large. Maybe losing a bit slower has helped with that.

I also didn't do any kind of exercise for many months into my WLM. I just didn't feel like moving my big old body then. Plus I didn't want to do anything to upset my losing streak. But I wonder if I'd have more LBM now if I had.
Interesting that you had good results without changing anything for some time. I"ve noticed a few people here mentioned that they were eating too little and had to increase their calories on DD especially to start losing again.

It's not too late to add muscle mass. I've been doing exercises for core strength so I can develop better balance and coordination. My posture and balance have improved and I've only been doing the exercises for about a month.

I do this one throughout the work day at my desk: I don't have a back on my desk chair and so I lean back until I feel the muscles engage and I use my weight for resistance folding my arms across my chest and just move up and down slowly - sometimes I do mini-crunches in this way.

Cardio is the real challenge. My big ole body doesn't like it at all!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolover View Post
Glad it's working for you, shirlc! Yeh, I don't see me going lower than 500 until I am much thinner.

Interesting that you had good results without changing anything for some time. I"ve noticed a few people here mentioned that they were eating too little and had to increase their calories on DD especially to start losing again.
tangolover! I think you may have misread some threads, because I've only read about people having to increase their UD calories after a stall.I don't think low DDs would affect weight loss, or not make it slower at least, unless UDs were too low as well.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

That sounds like a really good core exercise, TL. I'll have to try that while I'm sitting around or watching TV.

I did raise my DD calories, a la maintenance break, and was able to break a stall that way. I think Calichris did the same thing.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
OOps, please listen to Carol (LCG), as she is more experienced. I forgot that some JUDDDers did raise their DD calories with success!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:52 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
OOps, please listen to Carol (LCG), as she is more experienced. I forgot that some JUDDDers did raise their DD calories with success!
Well I don't know that I'm more experienced. You're quite a JUDDD pro here too, Cindy! It can be so confusing knowing what might work, and what might not. And what works at one point, may not work again at another point (like now, for me.)
Old 02-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

No worries, I will listen to everyone's experiences! I love seeing the way people can tweak JUDDD as needed.

One thing I've noticed myself is that it's been many years since I've allowed myself to eat what I want in a days time without guilt-tripping myself about it. The UD calorie limit is much higher than I would have ever allowed myself when attempting weight loss in the past. So, I've faithfully counted my calories everyday and not felt any need to pig out on UDs or DDs, and have finally been able to relax about eating.

That feels so good after years of deprivation and guilt with virtually no weight loss to show for it. This plan, feels so much healthier for me both physically and mentally. I know there will be plateaus and challenges, but I feel ready and able.

I'm really thankful for this forum because I had never heard of JUDDD until last month when a friend sent me a link to a news article about IF (it was more about preventing cancer than weight loss but it piqued my interest) and I began to research the various plans, finally landing here!

I was active here a couple of years ago when trying LC for the first time. I lose weight quickly on LC but I can't keep it up over time. Anyway, I think I can maintain the JUDDD WOE and I am so happy to have found it and you all!
Old 02-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
TL, you are doing a great job...the way I see it about 8 lbs. in 10 days???
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
HI Tango!
I'm so with you on this. It's been a long time since I've watched BL. It's torture. So glad I found JUDDD!

Quote:
No worries, I will listen to everyone's experiences! I love seeing the way people can tweak JUDDD as needed.

One thing I've noticed myself is that it's been many years since I've allowed myself to eat what I want in a days time without guilt-tripping myself about it. The UD calorie limit is much higher than I would have ever allowed myself when attempting weight loss in the past. So, I've faithfully counted my calories everyday and not felt any need to pig out on UDs or DDs, and have finally been able to relax about eating.

That feels so good after years of deprivation and guilt with virtually no weight loss to show for it. This plan, feels so much healthier for me both physically and mentally. I know there will be plateaus and challenges, but I feel ready and able.

I'm really thankful for this forum because I had never heard of JUDDD until last month when a friend sent me a link to a news article about IF (it was more about preventing cancer than weight loss but it piqued my interest) and I began to research the various plans, finally landing here!

I was active here a couple of years ago when trying LC for the first time. I lose weight quickly on LC but I can't keep it up over time. Anyway, I think I can maintain the JUDDD WOE and I am so happy to have found it and you all!
You said it all so well, TL!!! I was trying to describe on another thread how I felt Sunday evening after an UD SB Sunday. OMGosh! I felt so happy, healthy and guilt free! I had some of my favorite foods including eggs benedict, champagne and take out pizza and it was all gooooooood.

This is the best WOE ever for me. And, the healthiest.

I vote for you keeping things as they are if it's working for you and you don't feel overly deprived. You can always switch things up or down or tweak or whatever if you really get into a stall. At this point I subscribe to that age old philosophy: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Shirl - Yes, today I weigh even less! I'm rather amazed at how fast I'm losing.

Yam, thank you! I noticed right away that my mood lifted when suddenly every food possible was "on the plan." I did not realize how restrictive I had been on myself, day in and day out over years. JUDDD is so freeing... I'm glad you've felt the mental relief as well.

OK, I've decided to stick with the numbers as they stand right now and get as much weight off me as possible while I have the momentum. Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!
Old 02-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
When I started JUDDD I didn't know about the 500 calorie induction so I just started with 380 which was my 20% number at my start weight as I got use to that I just dropped my DD number to as low as is feasible for me, which is 100-250. I still keep DDs there and either do less DDs or eat more on UDs.

I've been doing EOD since 1/1, before that I had maintained on 5:2 9 months.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Shirl - Yes, today I weigh even less! I'm rather amazed at how fast I'm losing.

Yam, thank you! I noticed right away that my mood lifted when suddenly every food possible was "on the plan." I did not realize how restrictive I had been on myself, day in and day out over years. JUDDD is so freeing... I'm glad you've felt the mental relief as well.

OK, I've decided to stick with the numbers as they stand right now and get as much weight off me as possible while I have the momentum. Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!
Look at you! You are melting away! I love it! You are just doing great. And, as Kissa says, only dieting half the time. I felt that super satisfied no guilt feeling again last night. I was thinking of skipping dinner 'cos I was not super hungry. Then I remembered how I love, love, love a huge soft taco filled with all kinds of stuff. So I had one and it was pretty late.

Instead of feeling bad for eating so much so close to bed time, I felt happy. I slept like a baby. The scale did not bounce up one ounce this morning. That made me happy. And today's DD has been a breeze, probably because I ate everything I had wanted to eat yesterday. I'm just so happy I found JUDDD! And all you JUDDD BUDDs too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
When I started JUDDD I didn't know about the 500 calorie induction so I just started with 380 which was my 20% number at my start weight as I got use to that I just dropped my DD number to as low as is feasible for me, which is 100-250. I still keep DDs there and either do less DDs or eat more on UDs.

Carly: I didn't realized you had maintained on the 5:2 plan for 9 months! That is just so encouraging. I still am slowly working my way through Mosley's book. I have highlighted so many things and bookmarked so many pages already and sometimes I just go back and read those.

It's not just inspiring for those doing 5:2 but for all kinds of IF. Really a good book!

I totally feel like after I get to my goal (which may be as low as 155) that I could do two DDs per week and maintain.

If not, there is always JUDDD maintenance.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
It was working well for me. I just had some holiday gain and DW is doing EOD, so I'm join her.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:33 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

Good information, thanks Carly. Wow, only 100-250 on DDs sounds rough. I did about 350 the other day because I just wasn't hungry but I probably will stick to about 500 until I weigh substantially less. I thought I would re-assess things after I've lost about 20-30 pds total. That doesn't look to be too far away at my present pace, lol!

What's 5:2? Could it be 5 up days followed by 2 down days?

Last edited by tangolover; 02-05-2014 at 06:38 PM..
Old 02-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Look at you! You are melting away! I love it! You are just doing great. And, as Kissa says, only dieting half the time. I felt that super satisfied no guilt feeling again last night. I was thinking of skipping dinner 'cos I was not super hungry. Then I remembered how I love, love, love a huge soft taco filled with all kinds of stuff. So I had one and it was pretty late.

Instead of feeling bad for eating so much so close to bed time, I felt happy. I slept like a baby. The scale did not bounce up one ounce this morning. That made me happy. And today's DD has been a breeze, probably because I ate everything I had wanted to eat yesterday. I'm just so happy I found JUDDD! And all you JUDDD BUDDs too!!!

That's fantastic! I think many of us with weight problems need to cultivate a good relationship with food. I think I fell into the trap of thinking about food as if it were the enemy. I've been at war with it! No wonder I couldn't make progress before. JUDDD !! and JUDDD BUDDs are the best!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brainardt
Stats: 212/195/170 (1st goal) 5'8" 27 y.o
Start Date: January 31, 2014
This answered a lot of my questions about induction and lowering/upping calories! Thank you!

Even though I've lost 7lbs in the 5 days since I started JUDDDing I still struggle with guilt on UDs. I guess it is just ingrained in me. I keep thinking this many cals on any day can only mean weight gain, even if my scale is telling me otherwise... Though you all give me hope that this will not always be the case & that I can break free from the emotional food baggage I've been carrying around all these years. You all are THE BEST!
brainardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:35 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Tangolover! on a great start.

My 2 cents on your question is ... if you're like most of us, at some point in your weight loss journey, you might have phases when you feel like things are going more slowly that you'd like, so when it's coming off, I say let it. They say it's not good for lean body mass to lose too quickly, but it's the rare person who the losing way too fast problem.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
What a difference two years makes ...

oops! I meant to make this a new thread. moving to the main page.

Last edited by calichris; 02-05-2014 at 10:44 PM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:09 AM   #26
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Good information, thanks Carly. Wow, only 100-250 on DDs sounds rough. I did about 350 the other day because I just wasn't hungry but I probably will stick to about 500 until I weigh substantially less. I thought I would re-assess things after I've lost about 20-30 pds total. That doesn't look to be too far away at my present pace, lol!

What's 5:2? Could it be 5 up days followed by 2 down days?
5:2 is 5 UDs and 2 DDs per week, with the 2 DDs spread out, not back to back. I maintain very well with 5:2 as well, and that's what I'm currently doing. I call it JUDDD light.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:30 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainardt View Post
This answered a lot of my questions about induction and lowering/upping calories! Thank you!

Even though I've lost 7lbs in the 5 days since I started JUDDDing I still struggle with guilt on UDs. I guess it is just ingrained in me. I keep thinking this many cals on any day can only mean weight gain, even if my scale is telling me otherwise... Though you all give me hope that this will not always be the case & that I can break free from the emotional food baggage I've been carrying around all these years. You all are THE BEST!
Great, I'm glad this thread was helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Tangolover! on a great start.

My 2 cents on your question is ... if you're like most of us, at some point in your weight loss journey, you might have phases when you feel like things are going more slowly that you'd like, so when it's coming off, I say let it. They say it's not good for lean body mass to lose too quickly, but it's the rare person who the losing way too fast problem.
Good advice, thank you. TOM kind of slowed my roll. I guess the take-away here is to remain aware and be ready to adjust as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
5:2 is 5 UDs and 2 DDs per week, with the 2 DDs spread out, not back to back. I maintain very well with 5:2 as well, and that's what I'm currently doing. I call it JUDDD light.
Oh, I see how that could work. I will have to keep the idea of JUDDD light in my mind for future reference!
Old 02-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainardt View Post

I think you may find that the UD guilty feelings fade away over time. They have for me. Only very rarely do I get that knee-jerk, "OMG what have I done?" feeling anymore. And when I realize what my head is doing, I can dismiss it easily. I really never thought I'd be able to work through my mental food issues, but mostly I think I have. It's a wonderful feeling, and I hope you'll get to that point!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:25 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think you may find that the UD guilty feelings fade away over time. They have for me. Only very rarely do I get that knee-jerk, "OMG what have I done?" feeling anymore. And when I realize what my head is doing, I can dismiss it easily. I really never thought I'd be able to work through my mental food issues, but mostly I think I have. It's a wonderful feeling, and I hope you'll get to that point!
Bravo!
Old 02-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brainardt
Stats: 212/195/170 (1st goal) 5'8" 27 y.o
Start Date: January 31, 2014
Quote:
That's fantastic! Hope I get to that point too!
brainardt is offline   Reply With Quote