Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #241
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Frosty, I feel your pain, brother. I do think that multiple DDs sometimes backfire and make it difficult to go back to them. At least that's what I've heard. I have never done it lol. I'm still stuck around 175 and have been for months and months--as LCG said, it must be where my body really likes to sit. I don't think I will try very low fat, as that would not appeal to me even moreso than LC. We all have to keep trying what we can to shake things up, and I feel like you will find your mojo again.

Dawn, I couldn't be more pleased with the cpa that I hired. I really resisted hiring someone because I've done my own taxes online (even with itemizing) for so long. It's been over 10 years since I hired anyone to do them, but the ebay business thing was over my head and I couldn't even think of the ways to deduct everything we were entitled to deduct. Thank god for Allyson--my new cpa. I hope you find someone that you're comfortable with, and that can work miracles like mine did!

Soren, congrats on DH's new job!! That is wonderful! Sounds like you've been very busy too, since your last post. I know it's a relief to not have to travel to CA so often, so kudos on that too. I also want to give you a as I know it was difficult to deal with everything concerning Haka.

I've been to the tax office and signed, so it's just a matter of days/weeks till we get paid (back)!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-10-2014 at 03:47 PM..
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Frosty- sorry that you are struggling with getting the weight loss. It can be frustrating but glad you are feeling better about it this afternoon. Your previous comments on weekly calorie intake has helped me tremendously in figuring out how to get the flexibility in the IF program I need for my activity and still get the weight loss I want. Now to experiment to see if it works for me. I hope you find the right combination soon as well. I think posting frustrations is often helpful in getting the weight moving!
I agree with Cindy that the regular eat/ fast pattern seems to help with getting our appetite in check on DD's.

Last edited by Babsbabs; 02-10-2014 at 03:53 PM..
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I'm trying to catch up but don't know if I can! It's fun to have so much good chatter and interaction. Just what I need right now when I'm feeling bummed about being fat. Bummed because I hate the scale which refused to down at all. Bummed that working out at the gym made me exhausted..... I'm having an OK DD but it really helps to just come here and get lost in some good JUDDD BUDD action. !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I guess 'Tis the Season! I wrote a bit in my journal of a friend/co-worker with an emotionally and verbally abusive husband, and how she's leaving/left him. The choices she's made since are...questionable. She's moved out into an apartment she can't afford while cutting her hours at work and increasing spending. Another tattoo session ($150), week-end road trip with a girlfriend ($200), bought and started some diet thing ($200 but at least its healthy), turned her phone into a mobile wi-fi ($40/month) while all the while complaining about how much the divorce is costing and how she can't afford a lawyer. Of course the guy she's trying to divorce won't sign the papers, she's had him served which is going to make him hit the roof. Her family is a bunch of unsupportive dinks (in my opinion). She needs $2500 for a lawyer and she has no money, her family won't give her any and so now what?? No idea.

...I knew I could write her a $2500 check and it would not change my life at all - we've quite a bit socked away for a rainy day - and I felt terribly guilty for not doing it, watching her struggle day in and out but I knew, intellectually that it was a really bad idea to do so. All other things aside, I know myself well enough to know that I would analize, and resent every penny she spent until my loan was paid back. I can't help but look at the expenses I listed above and think "that's 1/5 of the cost of the lawyer and that's only from this month" I get that its hard for people to save, and no one plans to need a lawyer but really?

Its tough to watch, especially when decisions that I feel are BAD are being made. And I want to slap her family too, but that's a different story for another day
You are a wise woman!!! I learned a long time ago that I cannot "fix" other people as much as I would love to. It IS tough to watch it happen. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion and knowing you can't do anything to stop it.

The other thing I have to say about this is that I've seen lawyers suck all the money out of a woman all the while giving terrible counsel. It almost seemed like the lawyers were drawing things out to get more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post

Yam-Yam Sometimes friend's gotta do what is best for the family and one's own mental health! I had a friend once, going through separation, who became an emotional drain on my family life. Luckily for me, she got divorced and moved on with her life, and forgot all about me!

Yennie Wise girl, you probably wouldn't see that money back and would have added stress to your life. And I'm with you, where is that gray matter, Tattoos/road trips, UGH!

I've lent people money few times in my life ($1k-$50k) never got it back in the promised time frame. Couple of months they said, my foot! More like a year or two and even that only after I asked them over and over again! So, it's better to stay away from sob stories!

On another front, I'm a little frustrated with my late night snacking sessions, can't seem to control my DD or UDs! And can't get back to PH either, what's going on with my body and brain!
You are so right and learned your lesson the hard way about lending money. We have, too. It involved lending lots of money to a family member. Never again. We only got a small portion of it back. As far as lending money to family or friends, my philosophy now is to either GIVE it, not expecting it back, or DON'T lend it at all!

Hope you get that late night snacking under control. I know you will! Sometimes I just have to make myself go to bed really early. Snacking at night is so comforting and attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Getting ready to go to gym. Then home to shower and then dreaded bra shopping. I've been wearing my 36Ds which are too big.

Hear is hoping for 34C or 32C.
Oh wow! I hope that works out. I hate, hate, hate bra shopping. I have not caught up on reading yet, I'll fast forward to see how it turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Interesting reading about toxic friends, and how to deal with them. I have a friend from childhood that I outgrew in a way and really found her quite annoying in many ways. I feel guilty to this day for not keeping in touch, or avoiding her when she tries to keep in touch with me. She wasn't toxic or demanding in any way really, except that she wanted my time when I didn't really enjoy spending it with her.

I'm having a late morning/early afternoon wake up here, and still drinking coffee at noonish. I woke up during the night and bf was still up, so we watched Netflix together for an hour or so and went back to bed as dawn was approaching. It was kind of nice, but I am sooo tired today. I made myself get up so that I can get some rest tonight.

Don't feel guilty. Think of it this way: We only have 24 hours in a day! As we get older there are more and more people competing for our time. We have to prioritize. We can't be everything to everyone. You instinctively did what was right for you.

Ha! I thought my DH and I were the only people who did stuff like that! We sometimes wake up in the night and watch movies. But hey, we are retired and we do whatever we want! It's fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Loaning money to friends is always tricky. I had a similar experience with a good friend several years ago, and didn't get it back in the agreed upon timeframe. In the meantime, her family was spending money on luxuries. I was very resentful, and it took me quite awhile to get over it. I kept it to myself, but I'm sure she sensed it. And honestly, I believe sometimes when you do something like that to help out, they resent you on some level for having that "power" over them. Sigh.

Heading over to Mom's this afternoon for a small sewing session on her machine. I'm continuing to learn new sewing skills by necessity.
Funny you mentioned the elastic waist band! I was going through boxes of clothes today and found my favorite ever workout pants. The elastic in the waistband is just wasted away. I tossed them in the waste basket. A few minutes later I retrieved them!! I decided I'm going to replace the elastic and get another 20 years out of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
You know that she'd fritter the money. Only lend it if it's worth it to you to lose her as a friend and never see her again (because she won't pay it back and will either start asking for more or dodging you).

I couldn't agree more. You never, ever, get the money back. People rationalise to themselves that you can't need it or you wouldn't have had it to lend. And then there's always something more important to them to spend the money on, rather than repay you. (And, they never seem to notice that while they've had their 4th 'little holiday' that year, that's 4 more than you've had in the previous 10 years.)

One of my sisters once did a remarkably wise thing that I've tried to emulate since then. She was asked for quite a substantial sum to bail out an in-law who'd been an ostrich over some debt and was facing legal action of various sorts. She refused to lend the money but gave excellent advice and support on dealing with various banks/agencies and setting up repayment schedules.

The legal actions were stopped - that person finally discovered he couldn't be bailed out, on demand, every time he asked, and he did pick up some useful skills.

There are several organisations that I hugely admire that work with people with chronic debt or a complete absence of budgeting skills. They don't lend money to people, but they do lend support and advice for renegotiating debt and helping people to understand their finances - which seems of far more long-term use.
All I can say is

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
I'm so cold today! brrrrrrrrr!

Anyone see the Lego movie yet? A friend and I are going to see it on Thursday.
I'm cold too! I'm wearing wool socks and wrapped in a heavy blanket! It's the DD freeze for me. Hoping it means some fat is going to go away.

My 5 year old grand son and I have a date to see the Lego movie at 1:30 pm tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #244
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo77 View Post
I saw it with my kids yesterday. It was very good! They did put most of the really funny parts in the trailers, but it was still good. Definitely worth the theatre prices for this one!
Glad to know this! Tuesdays are $5 movies all day all ages if you have a Regal club card and I do. Popcorn is only $2 on Tuesdays although DGS prefers Pirate Booty and I think I'll skip any snacks. I'm really looking forward to some fun one on one time with the boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Well, I survived the bra shopping. Got 2 34DDs that fit fairly well. I got 1 Bali and 1 Vanity Fair. There was very little selection in the way of 34DD and I probably needed 32DD, but there was not a single 32DD in the store

I got a sports bra for $4.20 and workout pants for $10.20 so that made up for some of the bra shopping aggravation.

I'm not sure why I was delusional enough to think I was going to fit in a 34C
Wow! Sounds like you did treat! Congrats on finding the workout pants. I actually found some great workout pants in the pajama section of Target. They were $14 and I really like them. Might go back for more. Who cares if they are really PJs?

I know what you mean about wanting to be a C cup. My boobage is way more than I can handle. I miss those little "handful only" thingies I had back in the day. DH was a leg man and I have long legs. I asked him once if it bothered him that I was pretty flat chested. He told me "anything more than a handful is a wastes. " I never forgot that.

Of course, now, since menopause, my cups have grown and grown. DH seems pretty happy about it. Me? Not so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
JD, I'm having trouble with this too. I'm having a harder time than I ever have on JUDDD right now, both UD and DD (although not all of them) and I agree .... it's gotta be something to do with the body or brain, right? I ordered a full spectrum light for work and I'm wondering if it will help (there are no windows where I am and I am seeing very little natural light at this time of year! I am not a fan of the florescent bulbs ) I'll report back if it helps.

I'll bet that light will help. I've been able to be out and about in the sunshine here and I guess it has paid off. Last year after my annual check up and blood work the Doc said I was really low in vitamin D. So she wanted me to take a supplement. I did for a while, but I got sick of taking so many different vitamins and I stopped.

This year she said, "Wow! You are actually the first person I've ever tested who has had a fantastic vitamin D number." that made me happy. I think it's the direct sunlight. I like hanging out in my back yard.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Congrats to your DH on the new job Soren. That was quick and I'm sure such a relief to you both.

Frosty, sometimes our bodies get a little too comfortable with the weight and we stall for a bit. Just keep pushing through and you might start to notice the loss in other ways.

So I was so grumpy today. I had no energy and I was feeling hungry, but didn't eat very much/ I think it's a stress thing. Before JUDDD I would have wanted food to make me feel better, but now I look forward to taking a class at the gym to make me feel better. What is the world coming to?

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
My goodness this is a bury thread this month...seems like I don't check it for a day or so and there's multiple pages on which to catch up. Glad to see, tho', I'm not complaining because I know I couldn't have done it without all of you.

I was reviewing some of the threads and I see we have a lot of newbies. So, I pulled some of the suggestions from when I was most successful and created a thread "Some suggestions from long ago." These were some of the things that helped me the most. Maybe you stored some of those threads that helped you too and wouldn't mind adding to that thread. Sometimes it takes just one thought that makes it easier for me, and I hope for you too.

I can't go back to find who posted what but I've a couple of thoughts on some of the recent chats:

Loaning money - decided a long time ago that when I "loan" money, I consider it a gift and don't expect it back; when it does, it's a surprise. But I never give money unless I can afford to let it go, both monetarily and figuratively.

Bras - I just wish I could find someone that would measure me correctly. I never knew that when buying bras, you should buy it four inches larger than your chest measurement...i.e, you measure 36 inches around the chest, you should buy a size 40 bra. I also didn't know the formula to figure out cup size as well. When I lost 30 pounds and decided I had to buy new ones, I went to three different shops and the "professionals" measured me three different ways and had three different suggests for the bras...sigh!

Soren, giving special hugs about your fur kid, Haka...such pain when we lose one. Good news, tho', about DH's job...we'll keep sending good vibes it's a keeper.

Frosty, me thinks, you're trying too hard...when we start playing with the numbers, it makes it so much more difficult. The plan is really simple and when we stick to the plan, it works. Why are you going with a VLF woe? If you mentioned why, I missed it. The essential fatty acids are so important and although I limit fats on the DD's I make sure I include them in my UD plans.

I'm sure I had other comments to make, but my forgettery is working and I'm having a senior moment...so I'll climb off my soap box and let you all get back to it...hugs to you all, I luv me JB's...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 02-10-2014 at 07:41 PM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceania View Post
Hi all,

I'm really down in the dumps today which is mostly instigated by a issue at work. I'm also PMSing which makes me a crazy irrational person temporarily so I'm trying to tell myself things really aren't that bad, it's just the hormones.
Anyways I may call in sick tomorrow if I'm still feeling down in the dumps. Thanks for reading me )
I'm just catching up on some posts so I'm sorry I'm just seeing this. I'm cycling right now and down in the dumps myself so I know exactly how you feel. Hope this week is treating you better.
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
OMG, so I'm watching my 600-lb Life and bawling my eyes out. Why do I do this to myself? It's so sad and inspiring at the same time. Please someone take TLC away from me.

Question for my JB's: Do you know of a good sports bra for the big girls? I need some new ones that actually support me.
Ugh if ya find one let me know too! I usually just end up getting one that squeezes that gals into the infamous "uni-boob" that stays put while I work out. I'd like one that offers support and looks good on too yk? Good luck!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #249
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Queen Latifah has a great bra line. I can even go strapless with her.

Katie, my mom took my nephew to see Lego over the weekend. He loved it! She appreciated it which is a huge day because she hates everything.

Thanks so much for your kind words and stories ladies. It's always nice to know that someone else has been there.

Update: The party went off and it was a dramatastic mess. Not on the part of my friend though which I was thankful for. I ended up getting home late Saturday evening after having to speak with cops and giving my statement with a huge migraine. Yesterday I turned my phone off and took a break from the soul suckers. Ha!
Lisa: I love your phraseology! taking a break from the soul suckers. Good for you! I'm so glad every time someone says she turns off her phone. For years I refused to have a phone in our bedroom. I only started keeping my mobile phone, ringer turned way down, near my bed after some of my siblings started having serious health problems.

Thanks for the heads up about Queen Latifah's bra line. I'm going to have to look into that. Are they sold in brick and mortar stores? Or just on line? I love Queen Latifah!

So funny about your Mom hating everything but putting her stamp of approval on the Lego movie. I'm just wondering if my 5 yr. old grand son is going to sit still through it. He never stays in one place very long. We shall see! Potty breaks may be a challenge.... (for him and me! )

Soren: Unbelievable that your friends lost weight on that vacation! Glad to hear about his diabetes being reversed. I do agree WLS is way too drastic for me. But, I know some people who have done it and feel it saved their lives. One of my friends looks 20 years younger! Seriously!

Hey! Congrats on your DH getting a job! Wooo-Hooo! And also on you not having to travel so much. That's great.

Bittersweet to have Haka's paw prints and ashes. You will probably come up with some precious idea when you least expect it about what to do with their ashes.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 02-10-2014 at 08:40 PM..
Old 02-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I love cauliflower, but it doesn't taste like potatoes to me either. I recently read a recipe that I'm going to try this week--mix ranch dressing with cauliflower (cooked till tender), some butter and minced onions. Mash with potato masher or blender. Also try the cauli mac and cheese recipe on this site. It's yummmmmmmmmmm
I don't mind cauliflower if it's jazzed up. I wanted to try this recipe this weekend...

Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

Servings: 6 • Size: about 1 cup cauliflower • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 119.4 • Fat: 2 g • Protein: 4 g • Carb: 21.4 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 0.2 g
Sodium: 1172 mg

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp garlic powder
22 oz (6 1/2 cups) cauliflower florets
3/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a large non-stick baking sheet with oil.

Combine the water, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.

Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and place on the baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes.

While the cauliflower is baking, combine the hot sauce and butter in a small bowl.

Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with skinny blue cheese dressing if desired and celery sticks.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #251
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby View Post
Ugh if ya find one let me know too! I usually just end up getting one that squeezes that gals into the infamous "uni-boob" that stays put while I work out. I'd like one that offers support and looks good on too yk? Good luck!
OMGosh! I thought I was the only one who did the smashed uni-boob bra for workouts. The only thing that's important is to keep the Ladies calmed down and not moving too much. It hurts when there is mucho bouncing and flopping. (I hope Frosty is not reading this. Frosty! Cover your eyes!)

BB: Love the new Avi!! You are gorgeous, Girl!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Ok, lots to catch up on here

DH got laid off, again. Last Monday when I was away on business in CA.
Sigh.
He's on the hunt-- please have good thoughts for him.
Sending positive thoughts. Something even better is going to come to him just keep the faith! I'm catching up here so I may be late in responding and he may have found something already!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

Now you can open them, Frosty.

Hey, I read your post and wanted to say: Rant on. I'm pretty sure 100% of us can relate to what you were saying.

It is soooooooo discouraging to not be rewarded for our efforts.

I was having a pity party of my own today. There is definitely a big calorie deficit. I'm working out fairly regularly at the gym. I'm not going crazy on carbs.

So??? Why is the scale stuck?

You are right about at least not gaining. I know you want to weigh less than you did last year. But, it is no small thing to keep lost weight off for an entire year.

I hope you find out what kind of tweaking, if any, will work for you.

Meantime, big hugs. We are all rooting for you.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Trying to unwind and listen to some music...bf got angry that I was playing music while he was playing his game, that he plays every day all night and all day. I cook his meals, clean his mess, do all the housework, wash his clothes, run most of the errands and somehow I'm not entitled to relax and listen to music on my night off? Sorry for the pity party.
Hand him a pair of ear buds/head phones and tell him to go crazy. Video games sound better with head phones on anyway.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
OMGosh! I thought I was the only one who did the smashed uni-boob bra for workouts. The only thing that's important is to keep the Ladies calmed down and not moving too much. It hurts when there is mucho bouncing and flopping. (I hope Frosty is not reading this. Frosty! Cover your eyes!)

BB: Love the new Avi!! You are gorgeous, Girl!!!
Awww thank you for saying that! What a sweet thing to say!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:35 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Now you can open them, Frosty.

Hey, I read your post and wanted to say: Rant on. I'm pretty sure 100% of us can relate to what you were saying.

It is soooooooo discouraging to not be rewarded for our efforts.

I was having a pity party of my own today. There is definitely a big calorie deficit. I'm working out fairly regularly at the gym. I'm not going crazy on carbs.

So??? Why is the scale stuck?

You are right about at least not gaining. I know you want to weigh less than you did last year. But, it is no small thing to keep lost weight off for an entire year.

I hope you find out what kind of tweaking, if any, will work for you.

Meantime, big hugs. We are all rooting for you.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:05 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
Catching up on many pages here as I am finally settling into retirement - have my month in AZ - alone for two weeks now, as DH flew back home to go to work - and able to get a menu planned without worrying about feeding anyone but me and I am walking 2-3 miles every day. The sunshine and warm temps here in AZ sure help also, as I hear about the 0 degrees at home from my DH this morning.

I feel for anyone who is struggling with JUDDD right now - it has taken me about 6 "sloppy" weeks to get back on the EOD rotation - and I am feeling so much better and in control now. I hit a high weight last week - 7 pounds over my goal weight and just had enough. For me, JUDDD is forgiving and today I'm on the brink, once again, of leaving those darn 160s behind!

Now that I have more time on my hands - I hope to stay more active here... it certainly helps me to read of others' struggles and suggestions - thank you all!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Thanks for all the replies.

To be honest, I am very fearful that this isn't going to work. It's tough to explain why without a long boring explanation of where I am coming from and my experiences. I am debating about starting a thread to explain (and so I don't derail this thread and its talk of taxes and bra shopping ) but I don't know if that would be too attention *****-ish.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:23 AM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: WW Diva!
Start Date: May 20, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
Thanks for all the replies.

To be honest, I am very fearful that this isn't going to work. It's tough to explain why without a long boring explanation of where I am coming from and my experiences. I am debating about starting a thread to explain (and so I don't derail this thread and its talk of taxes and bra shopping ) but I don't know if that would be too attention *****-ish.
No never! Listen, we ALL struggle, even our "Rock Stars" (they know who they are ). I thought about a little limrick (if that's the right word?) on this because i've dipped a toe in a few times, and only recently have "jumped in".

I hear a lot about "staying the course". When i think of that, I think of boats. Row, row, row your boat. The waters might get rough, the seas choppy, but you have a destination - row, row, row your boat!

Illness and life will sometimes throw us off course. Row, row, row your boat to get back on course. Up day, down day, row, row, row. It works - there's people (several!) who are proof. Maybe re-evaluate some food choices? Make an "eating window" to not get out of hand? I wouldn't tweak with calories yet - your body's adjusting. It takes TIME. Just keep swimming, rowing, whatever, and you'll get there.

Add me as a friend! Facebook

BodyCombat Certified (5/13/13)
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
Illness and life will sometimes throw us off course. Row, row, row your boat to get back on course. Up day, down day, row, row, row. It works - there's people (several!) who are proof. Maybe re-evaluate some food choices? Make an "eating window" to not get out of hand? I wouldn't tweak with calories yet - your body's adjusting. It takes TIME. Just keep swimming, rowing, whatever, and you'll get there.
I know what you are saying and I agree that there are some things that may be contributing (illness and a couple of breaks). The thing that is frustrating to me is that in the first month of JUDDD, I dropped to a post-DD low of 199. And that was with a three day trip where I didn't fast and another six day trip to the in-laws' for Thanksgiving, so maybe 2 and half weeks of clean rotations.

Then in January, I did strict 0 calorie DD rotations and - nothing. I had only gained a couple of pounds over the holidays so expected that to drop off quickly and to keep losing below my December low. That didn't happen and I bounced around between 201 and 199. I don't eat a ton of junk and my UDs are not uncontrolled feeding frenzies so it's puzzling. With 0 calorie DDs, I would have to be consistently eating over 4000 calories on UDs to maintain and I know I haven't been doing that.

The thing that is scary to me is that I've seen this exact pattern over and over over the last four years. I'll try some WOE and zip right down to 200 lbs and then stall. Five years ago and before, 199 lbs was the weight I effortlessly maintained at. Now, it's like the Holy Grail to get there again.

When I did a year and a half of zero carb, I seriously dicked up my thyroid. I thought it had been long enough to heal from it but now I am concerned that it is fighting me now and will make it difficult to go lower. It definitely reset my set point about 12 lbs higher than before.

All that said, I wasn't planning on dropping JUDDD or anything. I like eating this way.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

I will say, though, that when I was having my pity party yesterday, I was thinking that I had been doing this for four months. It just occurred to me that it's only been three.

So, maybe I just need to chill the **** out.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #262
Blabbermouth!!!

For the past couple of days I have been thinking that there have to be things going on in our bodies that are working for the good if we are sticking to ADF.

I was whining and bummed out because after every DD the scale was going right back to the -9.4 mark and I was tempted to think "this is NOT working!"

Then this morning, BOOM! I'm -10 pounds exactly!

You cannot imagine (well I guess all of you CAN) how happy, happy, happy that point six loss made me today!

In the midst of my pity party yesterday I reminded myself how great my annual check up was. How good my blood panel results were/are. And, just the fact that I'm only dieting half the time and those pounds did come off and are staying off!

And, now when I'm doing cardio and monitoring my HR, it's going down, down, down. Meaning... it's taking more effort to get it to the 80% workout max rate that I'm aiming for. I'm becoming more heart healthy and burning more calories per workout.

The first time I did the elliptical this year, after just a few steps my HR was already at 118. Yesterday I was about 10 minutes into a vigorous run and it was only 100 so I had to increase the resistance and my speed to git 'er done! I aim for 144 or higher for at least 30 minutes and I'm doing interval which means tough and tougher.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #263
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Frosty: Start a new thread! I for one would gain some insight from reading your thoughts and musings.

Maybe as you talk it out, you will figure everything out. You never know.

Just do it and ramble away. Also, you might hear from a JUDDD BUDD who has traveled the same road and you could get some useful advice.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Frosty: Start a new thread! I for one would gain some insight from reading your thoughts and musings.

Maybe as you talk it out, you will figure everything out. You never know.

Just do it and ramble away. Also, you might hear from a JUDDD BUDD who has traveled the same road and you could get some useful advice.
I'm debating whether to do it as a journal or not. The problem with a journal is that it will just be thrown in with all of the LC journals, and I am not LC (or a fan of it) so it wouldn't really fit there. I wish we had a spot for JUDDD journals.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
I'm debating whether to do it as a journal or not. The problem with a journal is that it will just be thrown in with all of the LC journals, and I am not LC (or a fan of it) so it wouldn't really fit there. I wish we had a spot for JUDDD journals.
there's a few people with JUDDD (or other than LC) journals!

Go for it.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Frosty! U are one of the best JUDDDers I know.
Nothing to eat/drink on dd's!
And ur great at in control-ish UD's.
I know u are talking about months here.
You've been ill and taking anti-b's.
Medicines have their place for sure. And they can play bad games on us as well.
Myself for a few weeks have been ignoring a head cold. 4 days ago I decided I was fed up with the snot with slight to medium headache. I started taking the small red sinus pills. I think that night I started eating stupid! Craving things or not craving just eating my triggers food for no better word I guess. Today woke up lite headach, but I'm stopping the medicine.
Going to do the hot water steam for my head.
I'm just saying give urself a break, u have been doing well with your clothes fitting better! I remember that!
I'm talking to myself here too
Hugs and strength, to health
Terri
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Terri. I know the antibiotics have done a number on my gut and it still isn't back to normal. I think that may be part of what's making it hard to stay with 0 cal DDs. That's part of why I'm going easier on the eating right now. I'm taking one rotation at a time at this point. If I can go 0 cal, I will.

Hope your cold passes quickly.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #268
Blabbermouth!!!

Terri: I hope you feel better soon!

I think you are so right about being sick and taking meds having a bad effect on weight loss efforts.

My horrid 3 week cold, sore throat, chest congestion seems to finally be hitting the road.

I was taking a variety of meds.

Yet I kept complaining about the scale not going down.

Now that I think the meds and the illness is out of my system, the scale finally went down.

There is something to this for sure!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm in a munchy mood

It's a DD and i'm doing fine with those, except for the "munchy moods"; My UDs however....are teetering on the brink of being UUADs. I'm wondering if, for now, I keep to a 5:2 plan with moderate UDs and see if that battles the munch monster?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:58 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Hi folks!

I'm alone in the house today-- DH started his new job. Can't wait to hear about it. We have a couples cooking class tonight, knife skills. They say bring containers to bring home stuff.
We have another one on Friday, for valentine's day... I think chocolate is involved (and it's an UD, so that works).

re: bras. Victoria's secret has 32DD, DDD, so I'd be looking there when the time comes (I like the body by Victoria line, full coverage styles). I think if you sign up for email, they send coupons.

I got my butt to the treadmill today. I'm trying to think of different workout options (before and after I get the rower)... walking, yoga, rowing... I think that's a good combo

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote