Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
We're getting snow here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. About an inch so far, which for the Texas suburbs, is enough to cause panic.

Ate something I shouldn't have yesterday, and I'm feeling very annoyed with myself because of it. trying to keep busy so that I don't turn the annoyance into more emotional eating. What a vicious cycle.

One of the things I am doing is decoupaging some Altoids tins, for the advent calendar I am planning. I'm also thinking of making some as favors for a girls' weekend I am going on next month. It is good work for keeping the hands busy: lots of cutting and glue, so it is not easy to be snacking.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi Everyone!

My doctor called yesterday with my blood panel results and I'm pretty happy.

She started out by saying "everything looks great!" I like that kind of report.

The only problematic area is that my cholesterol is still borderline high as she put it. It has not changed since last year and she had hoped it would be lower. So, she just said to keep watching how much cholesterol I eat and try to keep it at 250 or lower per day. Yeah right. Like that's gonna happen!!!

My triglycerides are really low, which is good, and blood glucose is low.

I'm giving all the credit to JUDDD for my good numbers! Now to get this darn scale to move. I can't believe it, but it's been almost exactly the same every day, after UD or DD, for FIVE days. Something's gotta give!

I guess my body is just resting at this weight for a while. Better take some measurements and see if I'm losing some inches because that would mean the scale will eventually catch up.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:44 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Sounds like lots of us are getting a lot of cold snowy weather now! The warmer winter temperatures are forecasted here for next week and I can't wait. Really tired of shovelling as well.

Did you solve your TMJ Soren?
Getting there. Taking the nsaids helps, but it's not gone. Hurts most in the morning (duh) and then gets a bit better. I'm not exactly sticking to "soft foods" so, I guess I could be doing better on my side.

but, my insurance estimate for the mouth guard has been approved, so I emailed that over, and hope to get an appt soon to get that made.
sigh.

If I concentrate, I can lightly close my back teeth on the side that hurts. Progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Hi Everyone!

My doctor called yesterday with my blood panel results and I'm pretty happy.

She started out by saying "everything looks great!" I like that kind of report.
Good Job Yam!
I'm not a cholesterol expert, but my understanding is that the ratios are as, or more, important than any one number? I'm sure other JBs know the details... but maybe you could ask your Dr for those ratio numbers.

I know keeping triglycerides low is very key, so yay on you again! And TRIPLE yay for the blood sugar numbers!

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:46 AM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am so hopeless at craft projects. I was always the child whose cards at school were backwards and upside down. Or I cut the wrong bit of the paper chain. But I can sew

Would love to see some photos of your stuff Sirtain.

Glad your jaw is improving Soren.

And great news on the blood work Yam-Yam.

Another big storm coming in from the Atlantic tonight. I am so sad for the people flooded out. It is just never ending.

We have family travelling today on the railways. Flooding there and then, when they get to London, there is an Underground (Metro) strike, so the trains are massively overloaded. Because of the strike the roads are chaotic meaning there is no point in us picking them up from the mainline station.

We have tea and champagne ready for them, and Roast Pork tonight.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 02-06-2014 at 08:49 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Great hostess! Just what the weary travelers will need!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:23 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Glad you are getting a little bit of progress with the jaw issues Soren. Sounds painful.

Also happy that you aren't directly affected by the floods Cindy. It is awful that another storm is coming in. I will be more grateful that I am shovelling snow and not mud today.

Great that your blood work came back good Yam-yam. I would have a tough time giving up eggs if I was told to especially with all the differing opinions on cholesterol out there.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:23 AM   #157
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Raining here, which is much needed and much appreciated with the drought we're having.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

We have family travelling today on the railways. Flooding there and then, when they get to London, there is an Underground (Metro) strike, so the trains are massively overloaded. Because of the strike the roads are chaotic meaning there is no point in us picking them up from the mainline station.

Speaking of which, how is the lovely Vicky doing?
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Raining here, which is much needed and much appreciated with the drought we're having.
I do hope some of that rain helps! I wish i could send these wicked snow storms your way in the form of rain. I don't mind the snow...but it's only February. It's getting old already!

I think TOM is coming soon. I'm awfully witchy feeling today. Eep!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
What a busy place this is - lots going on!

Soren, so sorry about the layoff. I'm sure he/you will land on your feet, and hopefully something really great for him. Good news on the mouthguard too. I've only had one and I hated it - never used it. I hope this will be a help to you.

Dawn, I hate hearing that a once awesome job has gone sour. And looking for something new is never fun, but hopefully you'll find something that is just right for you.

Cindy/Kissa, and SlowSure, sounds like so much to deal with, all this flooding. And train strikes on top of it! Hang in there, stay safe and dry!

Yam, great news on the bloodwork! I'm sure this little mini-stall is truly your body adjusting to your fantastic results. You'll be back on the losing streak soon.

Everyone dealing with ice, snow, sub-zero temps....Hang in there! Stay safe and warm!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Soren! Feels like confirmation to me that this is my chosen WOE for life! Please remind me of that when I start going down rabbit trails like I did last year!!!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:47 AM   #162
Blabbermouth!!!

Watching the morning news programs this morning and seeing all the piled up snow makes me really sympathize with you all!

They reported that there is a major salt shortage, so some roads won't be cleared.

I hope everyone can stay put "shelter in place" and stay safe.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #163
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Yam, I'm glad your bloodwork was good! You are really doing well with JUDDD!

Sirtain, have you given any thought to joining the Secret Santa group here? I, for one, would love one of your beautiful homemade gifts.

Dawn, so happy you have rain falling in CA. It does rain there!

And my condolences to everyone experiencing bad weather--our snow melted without much drama, and we went back to experiencing the great winter weather of the American south.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:48 AM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Fly by to say that we've more storms forecast for this weekend - and we need to do things for people who are being displaced during the most vulnerable periods.

On a trite note, my Spring Garden is ruined.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:51 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Gosh, your corner has been hard hit, SlowSure! Take care!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:06 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Librarygirl- I looked at the Secret Santa exchange when we had it last year, but I didn't think my talents fit in with the wish lists. Maybe this year! Or if we have a homemade exchange! Or if I can be certain of drawing you!

I got five of the tins done yesterday, and I have to say, they are adorable. So glad I started. But it is amazingly hard to find cute numerals of the appropriate size. (I get old magazines from the library sales) I thought that would be the easiest part. Nope! I did find a perfect little graphic of a car with a Christmas tree on top for the 2th tin. That's the day we always get our tree.

We had an inch of snow yesterday, which melted away by evening. It sure was pretty. But I found it hard to keep the house warm enough. I have been colder this winter, without my regular layers of insulation.

My Down Day will be a bit of a challenge today, as I am going to a gathering at a friend's house. I'm thinking of bringing along a vegetable soup for my dinner, just so I have something to eat in front of me. They will be having pizza, which is out on some many levels for me right now(carbs-no! dairy-no! nightshades-no! lots of calories-no!). Sigh. But as Dawn (I think) says, it is just ONE meal, not my LAST one!
Old 02-07-2014, 04:33 AM   #167
Big Yapper!!!!

Sirtain, you can get the small letters in the craft section of Walmart, or other craft stores, if that doesn't deflect from the purpose of your project. Or if you prefer to do it yourself, you can google small letters clip art and print the page.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:40 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
I started doing something a little different than UD, DD...I guess it's kinda like fast 5. I've been allowing myself up to 150 calories in the day, and then after 5 I'm eating around 1200 .Every day. I know there's no science behind this, but wanted to try something a little different. I will let y'all know how it tuns out!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:06 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Sirtain, you can get the small letters in the craft section of Walmart, or other craft stores, if that doesn't deflect from the purpose of your project. Or if you prefer to do it yourself, you can google small letters clip art and print the page.
Oh, that's a good idea. I'll keep my eyes open when I am out and about.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:11 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Fly by to say that we've more storms forecast for this weekend - and we need to do things for people who are being displaced during the most vulnerable periods.

On a trite note, my Spring Garden is ruined.
Sorry your having flooding there. Hope the rain stops soon and your home is ok.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:51 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
Start Date: Reboot 10/2013
I really wish that this was an up day...
It's just one of those days, ya know.

I'm not hungry at all - I have an orange this morning and I'm drinking water, but I just feel like eating something delicious to make me feel better. I know that's a really unhealthy thought, but I think we all have those times where a DD just isn't what you need. I'll stick with it though.

I think the BF wants a night out, so I'm gonna have to suck it up and avoid terrible food. Maybe we can stop off somewhere before and have a nice, healthy dinner... I don't know..

Ugh
Old 02-07-2014, 06:55 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can you only buy the Ptero online? I'm wondering if the local health food store carries it
Old 02-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #173
Big Yapper!!!!

I found Memory Blu at Walgreens, and they used to have Blu To Go but my store stopped carrying it. 50 mg of ptereo in either of those. Vitamin Shoppe may also have something.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I found Memory Blu at Walgreens, and they used to have Blu To Go but my store stopped carrying it. 50 mg of ptereo in either of those. Vitamin Shoppe may also have something.
Good to know! Thank you!
Old 02-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #175
Blabbermouth!!!

We are supposed to get a lot more rain here in northern CA tonight. I hope it's true! Our county just imposed a 30% water restriction. I think it's been 20 years since we have had water use restrictions.

On another subject, I ate too much and too late last night. It was an UD and I made a wonderful home made lasagna I had been looking forward to. We had a huge salad with poppy seed dressing, garlic bread and wine!!! I have not entered everything into my calorie counter app yet, but I already know in my head that I went over UD calories. Probably by about 300 calories.

The bummer part is that my scale bounced me up 3 pounds this morning! Yikes! I have not had a big bounce like that in weeks. In fact the scale has been staying the same every day for several days. I know that it's the late night heavy food and it was still in me, so once it makes its way through the system the scale will probably go back down.

Talk about looking forward to a DD!!!!! That's me today. I'm heading out the door with DH in 20 minutes to go to the gym and I'm going to do cardio for as long as I can stand it to burn off the lasagna!
Old 02-07-2014, 01:23 PM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Oh gosh, Slow, you're really getting soaked. I'm sorry about your garden. Not trite at all! Isn't this the second time this season it's gotten ruined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I started doing something a little different than UD, DD...I guess it's kinda like fast 5. I've been allowing myself up to 150 calories in the day, and then after 5 I'm eating around 1200 .Every day. I know there's no science behind this, but wanted to try something a little different. I will let y'all know how it tuns out!
I'll be interested to see how this works for you, Sher. Definitely keep us posted. Is it easier for you to stick to?

Yam, I hope that rain makes its way over here when you're done with it. My palm tree and lemon tree are hurting, and I can't seem to get them watered enough. The weeds, on the other hand, are NOT having any problems!

Sirtain, I would love to get any of your handmade items in an exchange!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macci
Hi JUDD BUDDs, quick question for y'all ... If you exercise fairly hard on a DD, and by fairly hard I mean hiking up, extremely breathlessly, a big hill ( a big, horrible, evil hill) for 45 agonizing minutes and then back down again for about a total of 1.25 hours which I would guess burns about 400 calories <shrug> , do you then permit yourself any extra calories on that DD, or are DD numbers not to be messed with? Somewhere in my head I have the idea that exercise is meant to add extra calories to UDs only. Is that correct? Tx
Macci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Macci-- totally up to you... some people exercise and don't add the calories back at all, some do UD, some do both.

I totally had something else to say, and it's GONE. how sad to have a goldfish memory
Old 02-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macci View Post
Hi JUDD BUDDs, quick question for y'all ... If you exercise fairly hard on a DD, and by fairly hard I mean hiking up, extremely breathlessly, a big hill ( a big, horrible, evil hill) for 45 agonizing minutes and then back down again for about a total of 1.25 hours which I would guess burns about 400 calories <shrug> , do you then permit yourself any extra calories on that DD, or are DD numbers not to be messed with? Somewhere in my head I have the idea that exercise is meant to add extra calories to UDs only. Is that correct? Tx
I try not to add calories and usually don't have to if my exercise is around an hour. When I go past that point to two hours then I do have a small carb/protein meal usually less then half the calories of the activity. I frequently don't lose weight as well when a I do this but I am too hungry to care.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:19 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

To be a bit clearer it is best not to eat back your exercise calories. Most here do not. I do a lot of endurance running and after a few hours of running I don't feel well if I don't eat something.