Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Thanks, it was my cat, Casper. We had 3 boys and the mother, but he ran away. We have the other two still, and their mom though.
Sorry to hear he ran away. Maybe he was catnapped since he's a nice looking kitty?
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I hope so. We pray he found a good home. Our boys weren't fixed when he left and they couldn't get along, so that explains why it happened. The other two are neutered now, thank goodness, but I wish we had taken care of it sooner.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
OMG, so I'm watching my 600-lb Life and bawling my eyes out. Why do I do this to myself? It's so sad and inspiring at the same time. Please someone take TLC away from me.

Question for my JB's: Do you know of a good sports bra for the big girls? I need some new ones that actually support me.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
You look so festive and cheery in this one. I love it! Of course, all your pictures are lovely.

You are adorable. I love your Avi.
I finally up loaded an avi that didn't pop in sideways! !!
You're so sweet yam yam.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
OMG, so I'm watching my 600-lb Life and bawling my eyes out. Why do I do this to myself? It's so sad and inspiring at the same time. Please someone take TLC away from me.

Question for my JB's: Do you know of a good sports bra for the big girls? I need some new ones that actually support me.
I'm watching too. Try champion. I like those the best.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

Love the new avi, JM!!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:50 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Love the new avi, JM!!
Thanks Cindy. I played with the color options on my phone. I like the pic but I kinda look like a corpse. Lol. .I guess I am sporting my zombie look.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceania
Stats: 158/155.5/145 32%/28%/24% BF; 5'9
Start Date: Sep 21, 2013
Hi all,

I'm really down in the dumps today which is mostly instigated by a issue at work. I'm also PMSing which makes me a crazy irrational person temporarily so I'm trying to tell myself things really aren't that bad, it's just the hormones.

To make things worse, today is a DD and I was good up until 3pm (left work early for a doctor's appt) and I ended up pigging out on chips and chocolate. I do feel worse because I caved into the emotional eating and my stomach feels so big and bloated. I also have no desire to go the gym which is unlike me. I took a 2 week hiatus and went back last week but had to force myself and I'm still feeling the same way.

The funny thing is that I went shopping after my doctor's appt (and after eating junk) and tried on a pair of Nine West jeans size 6/28 ($11) and a pair of Parasuco denim pants size 27 ($16) and they fit! And at the register they rang in as junior not ladies. I don't they're vanity size because of the make, if anything they would be smaller...the Nine West were actually a bit loose on the waist...so that does make feel better but that was potentially dangerous if they didn't fit...lol.

At my doctor's appt I discovered that all this time I thought it was my thyroid meds that was affecting my energy and mood, but it looks it's actually due to depression brought on because of my work situation (I was off for a year and never felt better but that coincided with my thyroid med change). My doctor prescribed anti-depressants but not sure if I want to take them since I know what's the cause. I'm going to wait until next week to see how I'm feeling and then decide.

Anyways I may call in sick tomorrow if I'm still feeling down in the dumps. Thanks for reading me )
oceania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:05 PM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Oceania, I'm sorry things are looking bleak right now. Like you said, it may be temporary "insanity" brought on by PMS. I also am going through some of the same stuff, and went today to start the process of getting a GP (had to fill out paperwork to change docs) to evaluate my thyroid and possibly prescribe antidepressants as well. If it helps, you're not alone. I hope you get to feeling better, but I think a personal day is always nice when needed.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #100
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
She works and doesn't want to get too hungry during the day so she is thinking 200 - 250 at lunch and the balance at dinner. She normally doesn't eat breakfast.
I don't know about the gluten aspect, but I always advocate Wendy's chili for lunch on a DD. 180 calories for a small, or 270 for a large, and it's sooo filling.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #101

Oceania, I'm having a similar day, so I feel your pain.

I've taken antidepressants and thyroid meds (not together though) and my thyroid meds actually alleviated a lot of my depression/anxiety issues. It could be both, though, so pay attention to what your body's telling you.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:15 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies! Are you guys feeling blue because of PMS or other stuff?

I really hate PMS but I think things are further intensified because of my situation at work. They've been bad for a long time and they're escalating - mediator is getting involved as per my request, she's someone I trust and respect highly so I'm hopeful things will be better...either way I'm hoping in a year's time I can finally quit when I'm done school.

I hope you both have a great day tomorrow!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #103

Mine's totally work-related. They are threatening lay-offs and have given me much more to do with no pay increase. It's pretty high stress right now while I'm trying to learn/incorporate my new responsibilities along with everything I was already doing. Ugh, it's a bit too much.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
JMBM: Nice Avi!!! I find my phone flips pics to the side. I can't figure it out either

Oceania: Sorry you're having troubles at work It's really unfair when that happens.

Who the heck ever thought "Oh cauliflower - that tastes JUST like a potato!". Blech! I made cauli mash yesterday and I just cannot get over the texture. I doctored it up with all kinds of spices and nope....still like albino trees
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Mine's totally work-related. They are threatening lay-offs and have given me much more to do with no pay increase. It's pretty high stress right now while I'm trying to learn/incorporate my new responsibilities along with everything I was already doing. Ugh, it's a bit too much.
Hope everything works out the way you want ...you look amazing in your pic btw!!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceania View Post
Thanks ladies! Are you guys feeling blue because of PMS or other stuff?

I really hate PMS but I think things are further intensified because of my situation at work. They've been bad for a long time and they're escalating - mediator is getting involved as per my request, she's someone I trust and respect highly so I'm hopeful things will be better...either way I'm hoping in a year's time I can finally quit when I'm done school.

I hope you both have a great day tomorrow!
I hope things improve at work for you Oceania. I found that it was best for me to not make decisions during the PMS week, it really throws me off. I am kind of happy about being peri-menopausal but of course that brings issues as well.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
I hope things improve at work for you Oceania. I found that it was best for me to not make decisions during the PMS week, it really throws me off. I am kind of happy about being peri-menopausal but of course that brings issues as well.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
I don't know about the gluten aspect, but I always advocate Wendy's chili for lunch on a DD. 180 calories for a small, or 270 for a large, and it's sooo filling.
Thanks, Unfortunately, the nearest Wendy's is 90 miles away. Canned chili may be an option though.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:

I adore Moving Comfort. There are 2 styles for the larger chests - Juno and Maia. I prefer the Maia but I would recommend finding a store that carries them near you and trying them on. In my research, us large chested gals were pretty split 50/50 on the 2 styles and, although they are sized in bra sizes, the size you wear is not necessarily the same size as your regular bra.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:47 PM   #110

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Kissa - I don't know how it is by you but I'm in Herts tonight and we're on flood alert and the wind is howling and gusting. The trains are cancelled and the ones that are running have to keep below 40mph.

I predict that my recent cleaning and decorating efforts will have been Sisyphean.
Slow, stay safe and dry. I wish you weren't having to deal with all this moisture! Glad you aren't having to Cindy/Kissa.

Quote:
I feel kind of traitorous myself. I'm doing straight LC and not JUDDD. I hope to go back to rotations at some point, but I'm loving not doing them right now. I can't believe I used to find LC difficult, because after fasting every other day, this is a cake walk.
Not cake....nooooooooo!

Quote:

I've been watching that show a little myself - didn't see tonight's episode though. It's like a car wreck - horrible, but you have to look. I do love the ones where they are successful though. Sorry, I can't help on the sports bra - I've never met one I actually like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
I finally up loaded an avi that didn't pop in sideways! !!
You're so sweet yam yam.
You look great Beverly! Wow, your face really looks slimmer!

Quote:
Anyways I may call in sick tomorrow if I'm still feeling down in the dumps. Thanks for reading me )
Mental health days can be really important, so do it if you feel like you need it. Great news about the jeans though! That's awesome!

Quote:
It sucks, Dawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
Who the heck ever thought "Oh cauliflower - that tastes JUST like a potato!". Blech! I made cauli mash yesterday and I just cannot get over the texture. I doctored it up with all kinds of spices and nope....still like albino trees
Yeah, I thought that at first too, Katie. I actually like cauli-rice better than the cauli-taters, and I think it is because the texture is closer. I also had to come to terms that it will not taste exactly like rice or potatoes. I take it on its own terms, kind of like with diet soda, or LC fried chicken using crushed pork rinds, or stuff like that. It's not just like the original, but pretty good on its own merit.

I've had a strange day, digestive-wise. I'm sitting here now, several hours after dinner, and my stomach is making the most godawful gurgling noises. I mean, really loud! I made a salmon salad for lunch today, and it did NOT sit well. Tasted pretty good, but UCK, I felt horrible after just a few bites. It didn't stop me from getting all my UD calories in though.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:30 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
It’s nothing like potatoes, but pureed cauliflower with cream and cheese is quite nice — only it’s cauliflower, not potato.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:45 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Is there a JUDDD/IF maintenance thread? Or does it all just happen in the general threads?
Old 02-05-2014, 04:29 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

The bra saga continues. Thanks I will start researching.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:38 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles people are going through. As a mental health provider and someone that has been going through troubles at work I can emphasize. Don't be afraid or ashamed to reach out for help. A lot of times we don't want to bother people or we think that we're just feeling out of sorts. Take it seriously because Depression is serious.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:25 AM   #115
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
JMBM: Nice Avi!!! I find my phone flips pics to the side. I can't figure it out either

Oceania: Sorry you're having troubles at work It's really unfair when that happens.

I love cauliflower, but it doesn't taste like potatoes to me either. I recently read a recipe that I'm going to try this week--mix ranch dressing with cauliflower (cooked till tender), some butter and minced onions. Mash with potato masher or blender. Also try the cauli mac and cheese recipe on this site. It's yummmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-05-2014, 05:31 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

SNOW DAY!!! Freezing rain and sleet on top of the 8-10 inches of snow from the past two days. There is no way I'm going out in that. Back to bed I go.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:49 AM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
SNOW DAY!!! Freezing rain and sleet on top of the 8-10 inches of snow from the past two days. There is no way I'm going out in that. Back to bed I go.
Same here! I'm absolutely shocked my office closed! I work in midtown and they usually say tough it up and come in! But I guess it's because mass transit here was tricky this morning. But man i was relieved to get the text before my alarm went off.
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:53 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just realised that I managed to regain & re-lose my excess weight without updating my profile. I need to work out what I’m doing so I can fill it in with something a bit more informative.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:47 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Same here! I'm absolutely shocked my office closed! I work in midtown and they usually say tough it up and come in! But I guess it's because mass transit here was tricky this morning. But man i was relieved to get the text before my alarm went off.
We're not closed, but my safety is way more important than going in there to feel anxious all day. I'm glad you got that text because it's terrible to be out there and find out on the way in. Stay safe and warm!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #120

Quote:
Hope everything works out the way you want ...you look amazing in your pic btw!!
Thanks. I hope things work out well for you too. Work stress sucks, and PMS on top of it is just wrong.