Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
I feel invisible due to my late postings

I thought this was interesting, not to brag but to show losing fat without the scale showing a weight loss has happened.

2-25 Tuesday 139# am.
Our TAnita body fat monitor/scale read 29. Ish
Usually I jump off the scale and run out of the closet not caring to see the normal 33% body fat it flashes at me the last few years.
But I'm glad I saw the numbers, and anxious to see the report next week.
Fast five has been a great woe for maintaining for me, and the bonus of losing body fat, not so bad.
E
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #602
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Oh no, Slow. I was hoping you'd feel better today. Take care of yourself and get lots of rest.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:23 AM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrie jayne
Start Date: January 2014
So sorry, SlowSure, that you're not feeling well. I hope that whatever you've got doesn't last long.

BTW, I found the Dutch Famine information quite interesting.
carrie jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:27 AM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Slow, hope you get over this as quick as possible. Lots of fluids and rest.

JD-- I think google would have some recommendations for changing your sleeping pattern, but basically, you have to have a good pre-bed routine, which involves soothing things, LOW LIGHT (b/c light stimulates the brain into thinking it should stay awake), no tv, no news, etc.
I find a small amount of melatonin helps too... only a couple mg are needed, not a whole whack (less is more).

warm (not hot) bath maybe 1hr before bed, then 30 min before, take a melatonin, and try to read in lowest light your eyesight will allow. As soon as you start to feel sleepy, go with it. Don't push to stay awake.

You can pull your sleep back into pattern by trying to go to bed 1hr earlier every couple days.

When I was off from university with mono, I fell into a 3am-11am sleep cycle. I managed to get out of it, and lately, with all my travel from here to CA and back, I'm often off pattern, and this is how I pull it back to where it should be (i.e from going to sleep at 2am or 3am, back to around midnight which is more normal for me).

Cindy-- congrats on the new tv!

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:34 AM   #605
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Feel better SS!

Goner - hope you have tons of very warm clothes - it's COOOOOLD in NJ!
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:11 AM   #606
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm struggling today. TOM came yesterday (after skipping over me last month) and I ate a little over my UD calories. Now today I really want to eat, and I may abandon this DD rather than fight it all day. Seems like PMS/TOM cravings have been harder to fight in the last 6 months or so. I feel "okay", but just kind of sore and tender, and like I need to be nice to myself. Shouldn't include eating, but it will. I can feel it.

So tomorrow was my planned weigh-in and measuring. First one since end of January. I am NOT going to do either now that TOM has appeared! I don't need to see THOSE numbers! I'll wait another week or two. Darnit. I was looking forward to getting a sense of how I'm doing. But I need to be honest with myself. While I don't "feel" like I'm losing fat, I can see my body firming up, and I am in a size smaller jeans. So I need to realize that progress is still happening.

But enough about me me me.....

Terri, how great about your fat percentage dropping! I am loving hearing that! You are really working this!

Slow, goshdarnit! I'm so sorry this has progressed into a cold/bug. You settle in and take good care of yourself!

Goner, I'm so glad we got to meet! I kept thinking I wished you were staying on this side of town and we could have met one more time. I wish I had brought you some of my fresh lemons off my tree! Enjoy the rest of your time here, and safe trip back, my friend!

Oh, JD! You gotta get some sleep, hon! That is the worst!

Ailuros, that is aggravating when DDs don't produce a nice loss. But it does happen. You have got to be so proud and happy with what you've accomplished though. Don't lose site of that!

Cindy, congrats on the new TV! You deserve to have a better watching experience that the computer screen. Enjoy!

Carly, busy busy lady! Probably a good idea that you're taking it a bit easy on the workouts right now. Middle ground good....all or nothing bad!

Gracie, you did GREAT! So glad it was fun seeing your friends and that you didn't stress about food. Sounds like a good trip!

Melinda, to you, hon. Hope everything is okay. I know getting rid of Mr. Winter will help, so I'm hoping for that for you. I miss seeing you around here.

to Lisa and BB, flying by!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:24 AM   #607
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
Hello everyone! Trying to keep up with reading, but posting to each is another matter.

Will be headed back to NJ this coming Monday so keeping my eye on the next winter storm. A month in AZ's sunny warm days has me spoiled - I'm not ready to return to winter. Instead I should be thankful to have been here for February.

I gave up on EOD rotation with DH here with me. I didn't get on the scale yesterday or today either. I am JUDDD holds me steady till I get back home and DH goes back to work and stops asking "what are you going to eat?" He wasn't as aware of what EOD meant before - since I always ate a little with him at dinner even on a DD. And I said "What the Heck" and decided to consider this time vacation.

Oh, Honey! I feel so bad for you to have to leave your pool side relaxation and head back to cold and snow! I was born and raised in Pennsylvania so I know what you are in for. Now I'm so spoiled living in California. People (especially my family from PA) ask me frequently "don't you miss the snow?"

Honestly, if I want to see it I can drive up to Heavenly Valley in the winter which is only about an hour's drive straight up the mountain! Or, I can take the tram when we are in Palm Springs! As they say, "a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there. "

I think you are very wise to just consider that lovely time a vacation and gear up to get back into rotations when you get settled in back at your home. Don't dive right in. Give yourself a few days or a week to get back into your routines (and to mourn the loss of a beautiful month long vacay! That's what I would do!). Then you will be good and ready.

So glad to see you enjoying your retirement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
I’m glad I don’t have Amazon Prime. I’d be really irritated at a £20 price hike to add something I didn’t want!

And, speaking of irritation, my scales decided to show a pound more than yesterday, which was a down day. I know that can happen, but they’re also showing more than my old scales, when usually they’re about half a pound less. They’re just erratic.

Maybe I’ll feel less grumpy after some breakfast…
Oh, man! Don't you just hate it when that happens? It has happened to me and it blows me out of the water even though I know it's perfectly normal for whatever reason.

I can't give you any advice about not letting the scale affect your mood since I have been guilty of doing it so many times! I'll just give you a big

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
I am so busy with JUDDD threads, FB, email, fitness logs and general online reading that I barely have any time to see anything on TV! The general package from our local cable company seems to be more than enough for our TV Time.

Finally went to bed yesterday morning at 6:30 am woke up at 10:30, 4 hrs of sleep and I don't feel tired or sleepy now either It's 1:30 am here! My feet are so hot, on top of frequent hot flashes, so can't really rest properly, I think, I might need to visit a doctor. Doctor in the house says, "just change your sleeping pattern". How does one do that, without the on and off switch!:confused:
I know!!!!!! And, add hot flashes and whatever hormonal changes are going on and it's confusing and easier said than done.

When I was younger, I had terrible insomnia every night. I think it came from my mother teaching us kids that sleeping is a sin because it means you are lazy. She always said, "you can sleep when the work is done." But guess what? You guessed!!! The work is never done!!

My mother had so many problems and looking back I'm sure most of them were a result of sleep deprivation.

Changing my sleep patterns was one of the toughest things I've ever done! I forced myself to stay in bed for eight hours. I would watch the clock, worried about all the things I needed to accomplish. So, I kept a notebook and pen by my bed (and a tiny flash light so I could write down everything I didn't want to forget and make lists and notes in the middle of the night).

When menopause hit, miraculously I started sleeping 12 hours a night. No problem. No effort. Wow! I enjoyed that part of menopause!

I hope you get it all figured out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Ill enough that I had to go home Whatever this is, I hope it's quick.
Hope you feel better soon, SlowSure!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #608
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
I thought this was interesting, not to brag but to show losing fat without the scale showing a weight loss has happened.

2-25 Tuesday 139# am.
Our TAnita body fat monitor/scale read 29. Ish
Usually I jump off the scale and run out of the closet not caring to see the normal 33% body fat it flashes at me the last few years.
But I'm glad I saw the numbers, and anxious to see the report next week.
Fast five has been a great woe for maintaining for me, and the bonus of losing body fat, not so bad.
E
This is great! Truly losing fat% is what we all want. I'm going to have to be more faithful about using my Tanita scale. I use my WW one all the time, I think because I hate seeing what my body fat% is right now. Maybe I'll get a good surprise next time I dare to check it.

Congrats to you! You are doing something right!

Carol: I think you are wise to put off the weighing and measuring until this passes and wise to skip the DD and listen to your body. It will pay off in the end.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #609
Blabbermouth!!!

Have I said that I love JUDDD lately?

Seriously. It held me to only gaining 2 pounds on my recent fun vacation.

I thought it would take me 2 or 3 DD rotations to get it back off. Yesterday was my first DD since getting back and I loved it, loved that calm, controlled feeling. I had 150 calories and didn't find it too tough except for silencing the roaring tummy growls!

Good news! The 2 pounds was gone this morning! I saw that 10 pound loss number again and I am so relieved!

Now to have a great UD and then hopefully another good DD tomorrow. I love JUDDD and all you JUDDD BUDDs!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #610
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
LCG, thanks gf! <muah> I am sorry you're plagued by TOM (started at my house mid day yesterday, too...early!). Just be good to you. A few days of some healthy foods isn't gonna hurt ya! You're doing magnificent babe!!!

Slow, feel better!

I wanna live somewhere warm! Pick me! Pick me! I'll settle for a vacation...but really, that isn't enough time. I am DONE DONE DONE with snow & cold. D.O.N.E
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Have I said that I love JUDDD lately?

Seriously. It held me to only gaining 2 pounds on my recent fun vacation.

I thought it would take me 2 or 3 DD rotations to get it back off. Yesterday was my first DD since getting back and I loved it, loved that calm, controlled feeling. I had 150 calories and didn't find it too tough except for silencing the roaring tummy growls!

Good news! The 2 pounds was gone this morning! I saw that 10 pound loss number again and I am so relieved!

Now to have a great UD and then hopefully another good DD tomorrow. I love JUDDD and all you JUDDD BUDDs!!!

This is awesome!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Ailuros, that is aggravating when DDs don't produce a nice loss. But it does happen. You have got to be so proud and happy with what you've accomplished though. Don't lose site of that!
I was actually more annoyed about the scales not being consistent than I would be by a real bounce. I felt cheated .
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Thank you all for the good wishes.

Hot and cold shivery afternoon/early evening. I'm been quite unwell but feel a bit better now. I'm having tomorrow off and shall be trialling Amazon Prime for a 'staying in bed and recovering' day.

TMI but it's quite interesting to have a bug that gives stomach cramps and D&V when you've had a DD the previous day and didn't eat much on the previous UD because of a migraine. I think i felt so bad earlier because I literally couldn't eat anything and the sickness seemed to plummet my blood sugar and add to how bad I felt.

Nov 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/176/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Awww,soren & Yam, Thank you so much for your input! I'll try and put into practice some of the suggestions you have made! I know tonight is going to similar as the body is fighting the DDs. But maybe, I'll try and get up couple of hrs early tomorrow morning as it'll be an UD and my mind won't be occupied with food so much
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #615
Big Yapper!!!!

LOL, JD. It does seem that when we "can" eat, we aren't so inclined.

LCG, I hope you are feeling better, and I agree with Flutter that you have done wonderfully so far and are entitled to occasional breaks for whatever reason.

Slow, I hope you are feeling better too.

Flutter, thinking about you, Girl and missing you around here.

I'm having an OK DD...failure on the tostada somehow. I don't know what I did wrong, but it didn't taste good to me, and I was unable to eat even one, although I had planned for 3! That's one way to get through a DD lol.

Anyway, looking forward to Friday. I ordered two pair of summer boots today and a new purse. All on sale, and all so unique. I hope I love them when they arrive as much as I loved them online.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 02-27-2014, 10:44 PM   #616
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I'm having an OK DD...failure on the tostada somehow. I don't know what I did wrong, but it didn't taste good to me, and I was unable to eat even one, although I had planned for 3! That's one way to get through a DD lol.

Anyway, looking forward to Friday. I ordered two pair of summer boots today and a new purse. All on sale, and all so unique. I hope I love them when they arrive as much as I loved them online.
Tostada photo looked absolutely delicious! So, what did you do Cindy to kill the taste? I never shop online as I am always worried about "what if I don't like it or what if it doesn't fit etc". I hate returning things even to the stores let alone via post. My daughter on the other hand shops online all the time!
Old 02-28-2014, 04:33 AM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Sickness, weight loss, JUDDD Magic, and fun purchases. I'm sure I missed something. There's so much going on. Miss being able to talk to you guys more. Can't wait for everything to slow down and smooth out.

Update on the Bridezilla that I'm dealing with: Dresses are in and Bridezilla wants us all to go together to pick them up. Why is that necessary? Well the day she picked I'm out of town celebrating my birthday. She's pissed and throwing a tantrum. Let's just say that I was a real ***** to anyone that crossed my path yesterday and I had to tell her about herself. It was fabulous! So over her and her need for constant drama. Even if I was home I would have been working at 10 AM on a Saturday and the shop closes at 1. At least the MOH is over the drama too so I have someone to vent too. Is it May yet? Can't get here soon enough.

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:26 AM   #618
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Tostada photo looked absolutely delicious! So, what did you do Cindy to kill the taste? I never shop online as I am always worried about "what if I don't like it or what if it doesn't fit etc". I hate returning things even to the stores let alone via post. My daughter on the other hand shops online all the time!
I love that I can find anything I can imagine online, whereas the variety in my town is limited. I also hate going from store to store, trying on things, etc. I don't like returns either, so I'm really hoping I ordered the right size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Sickness, weight loss, JUDDD Magic, and fun purchases. I'm sure I missed something. There's so much going on. Miss being able to talk to you guys more. Can't wait for everything to slow down and smooth out.

Update on the Bridezilla that I'm dealing with: Dresses are in and Bridezilla wants us all to go together to pick them up. Why is that necessary? Well the day she picked I'm out of town celebrating my birthday. She's pissed and throwing a tantrum. Let's just say that I was a real ***** to anyone that crossed my path yesterday and I had to tell her about herself. It was fabulous! So over her and her need for constant drama. Even if I was home I would have been working at 10 AM on a Saturday and the shop closes at 1. At least the MOH is over the drama too so I have someone to vent too. Is it May yet? Can't get here soon enough.
Sounds like she's trying to control every aspect of the wedding, including the months leading up lol. What, was she going to take pictures at the bridal shop of all of you for her scrap book? Probably. Trouble is, everyone is not puppets for her "storybook wedding". I hope May comes and goes without too much more drama.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:42 AM   #619
Big Yapper!!!!

I posted a poll on FB about the British term for ladies underwear, and one of my male (British) friends said "Barriers".
Old 02-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #620

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Home again, so much to catch up on will you forgive me if I just say general, love to all, sympathy or congratulations were appropriate?

I had a good trip and only gained 2.5 lbs, which is nothing in the scheme of things. Did have a slight cold, which is very irritating when away. But I'm fine again now.

Good to be back.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #621
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I posted a poll on FB about the British term for ladies underwear, and one of my male (British) friends said "Barriers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Home again, so much to catch up on will you forgive me if I just say general, love to all, sympathy or congratulations were appropriate?

I had a good trip and only gained 2.5 lbs, which is nothing in the scheme of things. Did have a slight cold, which is very irritating when away. But I'm fine again now.

Good to be back.
back!!! Don't worry about trying to catch up! I was in Palm Springs and Pasadena for a week and a half and only popped in once while I was gone. It does feel good to be back here. So much support! So much love!

Great job on only a 2.5 lb gain. That will be gone in no time.

I didn't weigh the whole time I was gone and was surprised to get home and find I had only gained 2 lb.

Wednesday was my first DD post vacay. So shocked but delighted to find that 2 lb gain was GONE yesterday morning! And, after yesterday's lovely DD which included lots of white wine and other goodies, I only bounced up .6 so I'm happy. A point six up bounce after an UD is great for me and a sign things are going in the right direction.

Can't wait 'til I'm in the happy place you are. You know, Cindy, being an expert at maintenance. I'll get there some day! Glad you are back. You are always an inspiration to me!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:08 AM   #622
Blabbermouth!!!

Speaking of buying shoes on line...

I bought a pair of New Balance workout shoes. Exact same style/brand/size as the ones I have. And they are too small. What's up with that?

I buy a lot of things on line. But not pants or dresses (I rarely wear dresses anymore anyway). Not swim suits after bad experience.

I've had good luck with workout clothes, bras, bike shorts, household items, toys and gifts for everyone on my list.

I don't like running from store to store either. But I absolutely hate returning things. I'm not even going to return the workout shoes.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #623
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrie jayne
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I'm struggling today. TOM came yesterday (after skipping over me last month) and I ate a little over my UD calories. . . . While I don't "feel" like I'm losing fat, I can see my body firming up
I hope today you are feeling better. "Body firming up" is a wonderful thought.
carrie jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:14 PM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Hi Gang-- I think I'm caught up too. Welcome back Cindy!
I'm down a bit on the scale-- so of course I'm scared to mess anything up, ya know?

re: language barriers. Just saw this on a friend's FB, thought it was apropos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg british american english.jpg (69.8 KB, 14 views)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:20 PM   #625
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG! This is what I love the most about Britain, very dry wit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Very interesting, Soren! I read every bit on the poster just to see where I stood after moving to US from UK 30 years ago. I think I'm half & half

On the continuing saga of not being able to sleep: I went to bed around 00:30 and got out of bed 45 mins later after lying awake, tossing and turning! Finally gave up, got out of bed and made ginger, chili and lemon pickle, prepared the Cauliflower for dry curry, read the community news paper from page to page! Once hubby got out of bed at around 05:30 I went to bed and started reading in bed, probably went to sleep around 6:30 and woke up at 11:00 am. So I should be ok tonight. with an UD and short on sleep! We'll see, how it goes! I'm definitely going to follow your and Yam's advice, shower and read a book (not online) before going to bed.

Last edited by jdforshort; 02-28-2014 at 02:23 PM..
Old 02-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
got out of bed and made ginger, chili and lemon pickle
I'm sure that I'm not the only person who is now Googling recipes for this pickle - it sounds utterly scrumptious whether it's sour or sweet.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #627

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Carol: I think you are wise to put off the weighing and measuring until this passes and wise to skip the DD and listen to your body. It will pay off in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
LCG, thanks gf! <muah> I am sorry you're plagued by TOM (started at my house mid day yesterday, too...early!). Just be good to you. A few days of some healthy foods isn't gonna hurt ya! You're doing magnificent babe!!!
Quote:
LCG, I hope you are feeling better, and I agree with Flutter that you have done wonderfully so far and are entitled to occasional breaks for whatever reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie jayne View Post
I hope today you are feeling better. "Body firming up" is a wonderful thought.
Thank you, my friends! I'm feeling much better today, and am not counting calories and allowing myself some treats (out to lunch, venti caramel frapp). I think in a few days I'm going to start doing fat fasts on DDs for a few rounds. I miss my bacon DDs!

Quote:
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post

Oh my. Good for you for standing up to her. That is ridiculous of her to act that way. The wedding day is "her" day, not the entire year leading up to the day!

Quote:
I saw that and laughed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Good to be back.
Glad it was a good trip! You did great on the 2.5 pounds. It'll be good to have you posting and hanging out here again!

Quote:
Speaking of buying shoes on line...

I bought a pair of New Balance workout shoes. Exact same style/brand/size as the ones I have. And they are too small. What's up with that?

I buy a lot of things on line. But not pants or dresses (I rarely wear dresses anymore anyway). Not swim suits after bad experience.

I've had good luck with workout clothes, bras, bike shorts, household items, toys and gifts for everyone on my list.

I don't like running from store to store either. But I absolutely hate returning things. I'm not even going to return the workout shoes.
Oh, heck yeah return those shoes! They really make it pretty easy these days. They will usually email you a shipping label and then you can request FedEx, UPS, USPS or whoever to pick it up at your house. You can do it online or call it in. That's too much money not to get exactly what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Hi Gang-- I think I'm caught up too. Welcome back Cindy!
I'm down a bit on the scale-- so of course I'm scared to mess anything up, ya know?

You're doing great! That English to English is funny. Sometimes I'll watch Graham Norton and I'll think "they really are speaking a foreign language." You Brits know so much about American culture/entertainment, but you have your own set of TV shows and celebrities etc. that we have no idea about.

Quote:
On the continuing saga of not being able to sleep: I went to bed around 00:30 and got out of bed 45 mins later after lying awake, tossing and turning! Finally gave up, got out of bed and made ginger, chili and lemon pickle, prepared the Cauliflower for dry curry, read the community news paper from page to page! Once hubby got out of bed at around 05:30 I went to bed and started reading in bed, probably went to sleep around 6:30 and woke up at 11:00 am. So I should be ok tonight. with an UD and short on sleep! We'll see, how it goes! I'm definitely going to follow your and Yam's advice, shower and read a book (not online) before going to bed.
I think you were smart to get out of bed and do something. Lying there feeling uncomfortable and unhappy about not sleeping is not fun! I think a warm shower and straight to bed sounds good. It works for me!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #628
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, Yay! Got back from the gym an hour ago and showered the sweat off. Proud of me and DH too. He swam laps and I did cardio for an hour. Whew! My legs feel a bit sore. I did lots of leg stretches so that should help.